Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 11:33:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227981 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  The Sarah Connor Chronicles Terminator Spin Off
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 21 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Sarah Connor Chronicles Terminator Spin Off  (Read 83095 times)
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #260 on: March 13, 2008, 11:42:57 PM »

"Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles." Fans need not worry: Sources say that "Terminator" will be back. Fox executives like the creative product and thought the finale's performance last week was solid. The network also spent a considerable amount marketing the show, giving Season 2 some cost benefit. Also: The fourth "Terminator" movie comes out in 2009, and as "The Simpsons Movie" proved, there are promotional advantages to film-TV synergy.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/television/news/e3i0e7d8449d58e7ec155e38327b9792059

Looks like the series is safe and getting a second season.  ok

Bitchen! Cool

I certainly hope it gets picked up...an Arnie cameo might get things on track.  Grin

If they get desperate for ratings, they can always have the girl terminator gain a curiosity about human mating.  hihi

lmao

if they're going to do the TV-movie synergy thing like what was done with the simpsons, they're going to have to have the same caracters and shit like that in both won't they? headscratch

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
AbominableHoman
Headliner

Cold Hearth Breaker. Fit Ta' Burn

« Reply #261 on: March 14, 2008, 03:59:46 AM »

"Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles." Fans need not worry: Sources say that "Terminator" will be back. Fox executives like the creative product and thought the finale's performance last week was solid. The network also spent a considerable amount marketing the show, giving Season 2 some cost benefit. Also: The fourth "Terminator" movie comes out in 2009, and as "The Simpsons Movie" proved, there are promotional advantages to film-TV synergy.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/television/news/e3i0e7d8449d58e7ec155e38327b9792059

Looks like the series is safe and getting a second season.  ok

Bitchen! Cool

I certainly hope it gets picked up...an Arnie cameo might get things on track.  Grin

If they get desperate for ratings, they can always have the girl terminator gain a curiosity about human mating.  hihi

lmao

if they're going to do the TV-movie synergy thing like what was done with the simpsons, they're going to have to have the same caracters and shit like that in both won't they? headscratch

Same Characters, not the same actors. Essentially it's the same story line. Glad to hear it's going to be back!

Sure! F*ck it! That's your answer! Tattoo it on your forehead! Your answer to everything!
www.myspace.com/guns_n_roses
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #262 on: March 14, 2008, 04:03:43 AM »

I hope the excecs at fox pair it up with something better in the fall then prision break. I think the ratings would improve a lot if it was lead in by something like 24.
Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #263 on: March 14, 2008, 05:39:24 AM »

I hope the excecs at fox pair it up with something better in the fall then prision break. I think the ratings would improve a lot if it was lead in by something like 24.

24 would be a good lead-in if people still care to watch it. It will have better ratings than prison break no doubt but with an unpopular season 6 and than missing a full season due to the writers strike, 24's ratings could take a serious hit. Esspecially if the planned tv movie their gonna do in the fall sucks.  smoking

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #264 on: March 14, 2008, 06:13:17 AM »

I'm not sure what else they could use as a lead into it. I really haven't kept up with tv shows for awhile until terminator. I just thought of 24 cause i know its been popular. I know if it was paired with american idol it would do great but i do NOT what it associated with that trash in any way.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #265 on: April 20, 2008, 11:53:16 PM »

'Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles' Renewed for Season 2
Sunday, April 20, 2008
Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles has been renewed for a second season.  This is news that we've all been anticipating for some time now.  It'd been reported weeks ago that the Terminator crew had been told to staff up by FOX, and all indications from the FOX executives pointed to a renewal.  However, you can never be too sure with these things, and this seemingly final confirmation should finally put Terminator fans at ease. The source of this Terminator news comes from TV Guide's venerable Michael Ausiello, whose scooping abilities are incomparable in the TV world ? he's rarely wrong.  So, even though FOX itself has yet to confirm Terminator's renewal, there's about a 99.6% chance that it's true.

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles wasn't the ratings hit that FOX had likely hoped for.  FOX hyped the living hell out of the series prior to air, and the first episode pulled in a big audience, but after that the ratings were just OK.  More importantly, though, the show itself was a creative success.  There was no backlash from die-hard Terminator fans; they mostly embraced the series and enjoyed how it deepened the Terminator mythology.  Every episode seemed to improve upon the previous one, and the casting was inspired ? especially Thomas Dekker as the teenage John Connor and Summer Glau as the newest ?good? terminator.  I can't wait to see where Josh Friedman (the show runner) and company will take us next season, especially after the chilling end of season one.

Initially, Terminator was supposed to be coupled with 24 on Mondays.  This would have provided FOX with an unparalleled action 1-2 punch.  Unfortunately, the writers' strike tore that plan to pieces and Terminator was left to fend for itself in a scary strike-addled TV landscape.  It will be telling to see what FOX has planned for Terminator next season.  If they wait to premiere the show until January with 24, the ratings will certainly improve.

http://www.buddytv.com/articles/terminator-the-sarah-connor-chronicles/terminator-the-sarah-connor-ch-18738.aspx
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #266 on: April 20, 2008, 11:55:25 PM »

Awesome!

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
PolarBearWitchHead
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #267 on: April 21, 2008, 12:02:23 AM »

i'm very glad to hear this Smiley  wasn't really expecting it to be renewed, fox likes to leave ppl hanging with a lot of it's series that they just end and don't even give it a finale.

good news, great show, would love a full season esp with strikes over
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #268 on: April 21, 2008, 04:39:48 AM »

I hope it gets a full season and they don't pair it up with 24 which starts in janurary. I don't want to wait until next year to see this show again. I'd still like to hear the official announcement from fox before i completely believe this but the guy reporting it is said to be very reliable and rarely wrong.
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #269 on: April 21, 2008, 05:52:02 AM »

this will be very cool if true. And yeah the guy reporting is rarely wrong on these things...

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #270 on: April 21, 2008, 07:23:28 AM »

this will be very cool if true. And yeah the guy reporting is rarely wrong on these things...

I am just praying this isn't one of the few times he's wrong but i doubt it is for several reasons. The 4 main cast members have been spotted in beverly hills for the last two weeks. There is pre production going on on the backlot where the show is filmed.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #271 on: April 21, 2008, 08:15:49 PM »

'The Sarah Connor Chronicles' Will Be Back
FOX renews 'Terminator' series for 2008-09
Zap2It.com

April 21 2008

Judgment Day won't come for at least one more season.

FOX has picked up its freshman series "Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles" for 2008-09, the showbiz trade papers report. The show earned a 13-episode order for 2008-09, on the heels of its strike-shortened and reasonably successful nine-episode run earlier this year.

The pickup isn't a big surprise; FOX Entertainment chief Kevin Reilly said in an interview last week that the show was already hiring staff.

"The Sarah Connor Chronicles" enjoyed a big premiere in January following an NFL playoff game, drawing better than 18 million viewers. The show's ratings fell off in its regular home on Mondays, but it still averaged 10.8 million viewers and a 4.5 rating among adults 18-49. In the latter category it's the top-rated new scripted series this season.

The series stars Lena Headey as the title character, who's obsessed with protecting her son John ( Thomas Dekker), the future leader of the human resistance against the machines that will one day wipe out most humanity. Summer Glau and Richard T. Jones also star.

FOX has several shows in development that could form a sci fi-tinged block with "The Sarah Connor Chronicles," including Joss Whedon's "Dollhouse" and "Fringe," from J.J. Abrams' company.

I assume they are waiting to see how the ratings are at first before ordering the final 9 episodes.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2008, 08:18:34 PM by Timothy25 » Logged
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #272 on: April 21, 2008, 11:28:08 PM »

i'm sorry but i'm lazy tonight-

when & where will we have new Terminator?

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #273 on: April 22, 2008, 12:50:04 AM »

i'm sorry but i'm lazy tonight-

when & where will we have new Terminator?

We're not really sure yet. I've seen reports that fox is still in negotiations with warner brothers for the back 9 episodes and i've seen reports they're waiting to see how the first few episodes do. It seems like it will start in september/october though.
Chief
Legend

« Reply #274 on: May 15, 2008, 05:19:49 PM »

this article here also confirms the return of the show!!

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/tvnews.php?id=45041

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #275 on: May 15, 2008, 07:56:29 PM »

Ugh leading it into the awful prison break? What are they thinking. I hope it gets the back 9 episodes and gets paired with something better for winter/spring.
Chief
Legend

« Reply #276 on: May 22, 2008, 02:23:43 AM »

agreed.. prison break has become a big joke. i guess they couldn't pair with 24 this time.. stupid strike!

Ugh leading it into the awful prison break? What are they thinking. I hope it gets the back 9 episodes and gets paired with something better for winter/spring.

Chief
Legend

« Reply #277 on: May 22, 2008, 02:24:12 AM »

News on the next movie:

http://www.thebadandugly.com/2008/05/21/t4-begins-filming-with-batmans-knight

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #278 on: May 22, 2008, 03:19:53 AM »

Glad to hear the movie has started filming. I'm really looking forward to it.
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #279 on: May 22, 2008, 09:53:58 PM »

is Christian Bale the same guy that was in #3? i can't remember, if not why the hell can't they stay with the same actors?

wasn't there talk of Arnold being in the 5th and 6th one?

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 21 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: