Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 05:24:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227942 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Robin leaving? Just touring?
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 237 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Robin leaving? Just touring?  (Read 735766 times)
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #140 on: April 05, 2008, 09:35:07 AM »

it's not her real name.
but she's the CEO of Geffen

and she's a spokeperson for GNR sometimes.
from her we get info that's all I can say

If shes actually the CEO of Geffen then she wouldn't be the spokesperson for GNR. CEO's don't do a PR persons job.
gnrjanus
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #141 on: April 05, 2008, 09:36:18 AM »

some have contact with her okay. she isn't the spokeperson allt he time just sometimes when boards go crazy for something stupid she might tell us something just to ease us off.
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #142 on: April 05, 2008, 09:38:26 AM »

some have contact with her okay. she isn't the spokeperson allt he time just sometimes when boards go crazy for something stupid she might tell us something just to ease us off.

No you are wrong. I don't knwo who you were talking to or whatever, but the CEO of Geffen isn't even a woman, it's Eddie Rosenblatt.

http://www.starpolish.com/resources/details.asp?resource=141443
MJ23
VIP

KING OF AUDIO

« Reply #143 on: April 05, 2008, 09:42:17 AM »

hmm ... I don't buy it.

Using a pseudonym to cover up your identity makes sense, but telling what your position within a company is - lol.
Then you can tell your name too.
gnrjanus
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #144 on: April 05, 2008, 09:44:41 AM »

I'm off. got to work now. hope something comes up these days.
Shoco
VIP

« Reply #145 on: April 05, 2008, 09:47:20 AM »

from January 2005 when Trent confirmed NIN's new line up:

Commented Trent, "I am very excited about this and we fucking sound great. I've been saying I've wanted this incarnation of the band to be a departure and now it truly is.

"Alessandro fit in immediately, but we looked all over for the right guitarist. In retrospect, I believe we were looking for someone to fill Robin's [Finck] shoes. When Aaron walked through the door, he pissed on Robin's shoes and kicked them out the door where they belong ? effectively closing a chapter. A great chapter, but one that is in the past. This is a new entity that feels very fresh and vital."

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=31890

it would be a surprise if robin was back with Trent
cineater
Legend

« Reply #146 on: April 05, 2008, 09:50:59 AM »

No you are wrong. I don't knwo who you were talking to or whatever, but the CEO of Geffen isn't even a woman, it's Eddie Rosenblatt.

http://www.starpolish.com/resources/details.asp?resource=141443

Do you remember the story about the person pretending to be Axl?  I tried to warn her, months ago.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #147 on: April 05, 2008, 09:58:52 AM »

More recently, he played in Guns N Roses. Fownes has been performing with UNKLE, and has been a member of With Scissors and The Eighties Matchbox B-Line Disaster

PAST TENSE.
 crying

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
LeftToDecay
VIP

i'd love to pull the wires from the wall

« Reply #148 on: April 05, 2008, 10:01:14 AM »

Commented Trent, "I am very excited about this and we fucking sound great. I've been saying I've wanted this incarnation of the band to be a departure and now it truly is.

"Alessandro fit in immediately, but we looked all over for the right guitarist. In retrospect, I believe we were looking for someone to fill Robin's [Finck] shoes. When Aaron walked through the door, he pissed on Robin's shoes and kicked them out the door where they belong ? effectively closing a chapter. A great chapter, but one that is in the past. This is a new entity that feels very fresh and vital."

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=31890

I'm sure TR has said far worse things to Finck straight to his face, and vice versa. Every relationship involving funtional chemistry comes with occasional storms and all that.
The whole shoe pissing thing is mostly commentary about Aaron's stage energy level more than anything else anyway.

this is what you should fear
you are what you should fear
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #149 on: April 05, 2008, 10:03:39 AM »

I'm sure TR has said far worse things to Finck straight to his face, and vice versa. Every relationship involving funtional chemistry comes with occasional storms and all that.
The whole shoe pissing thing is mostly commentary about Aaron's stage energy level more than anything else anyway.

yup, but doing it in public is worse then face to face
Shoco
VIP

« Reply #150 on: April 05, 2008, 10:05:58 AM »

yeah thats what im thinking, you can say whatever you want to their face, but to go behind their back and say it to the press is different, although it was over 3 years ago now
LeftToDecay
VIP

« Reply #151 on: April 05, 2008, 10:08:14 AM »

yeah thats what im thinking, you can say whatever you want to their face, but to go behind their back and say it to the press is different, although it was over 3 years ago now
Well apparently you have larger problem with it than Robin.:p

And again, it wasn't an anti-robin remark as much as commentary on Aaron's energy.

monkeychow
VIP

How's that for provocation?

« Reply #152 on: April 05, 2008, 10:14:48 AM »

I don't think that remark would stop Trent and Robin from reuniting. Consdier when Robin left GNR the first time there were remarks from Axl about how certain things would be possible now he was gone. I dont have the quotes here but the implication was that other guitarists would be able to do things robin couldn't on the songs. Anyway - despite that remark - Robin came back to GNR and toured and presumably recorded more. So if he forgave axl for that remark, then it follows he wouldn't be upset by trents remarks either.

The real question is: Is this a temporary "fill in time" measure, or some kind of split within the band. Hopefully we get an official clarrification from GNR soon - whichever outcome it is.

gnrjanus
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #153 on: April 05, 2008, 10:18:21 AM »

pray on monday u guys. I hope Rob stays with Guns cause he's a great player.
has his own style, I wouldn't mind him playing with NIN for a while but LIke Dizzy I hope he can come back anytimes Axl calls him like Yo Rob we need u for ths and that, and that he has enough freedom to leave trent anytime cause Trent also must know how gnr works these days, nothing is surtain and anything can happen anytime
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #154 on: April 05, 2008, 10:20:50 AM »

I really, really hope Robin is just on loan at the very most.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #155 on: April 05, 2008, 10:57:41 AM »

watta cool pic!
Tatiana Kudrin
Soak The Sin
Rocker

« Reply #156 on: April 05, 2008, 10:57:55 AM »

As I said earlier, Reznor did say worse things about Robin... He reportedly lambasted him for 'getting paid loads of money just to hang around near Axl's house' and other such ' nice things. He was just mad over Robin who wouldn't tour with him in 2005. I suppose he was mad because it's always been a problem for him to find good guitarists to be part of his live band. I remember he once said about how much he hated having to audition  guitar players.

Verse Chorus Verse
Legend

It's here!

« Reply #157 on: April 05, 2008, 11:03:05 AM »

I thought Trent didn't want to do the whole "Rock Band" kind of tour again?

Louis Landon for Peace in Iraq
"This is the new Guns 'n Roses, deal with it or get off the planet."
makane
Legend

« Reply #158 on: April 05, 2008, 11:07:16 AM »

I thought Trent didn't want to do the whole "Rock Band" kind of tour again?

How can you say that now? They havent played a single event.

YagetoutonyourownAndyoutakeallthatyouownAndyouforgetaboutyourhomeAndthenyou'rejustfuckin'gone!
LeftToDecay
VIP

« Reply #159 on: April 05, 2008, 11:13:11 AM »

As I said earlier, Reznor did say worse things about Robin... He reportedly lambasted him for 'getting paid loads of money just to hang around near Axl's house' and other such ' nice things. He was just mad over Robin who wouldn't tour with him in 2005. I suppose he was mad because it's always been a problem for him to find good guitarists to be part of his live band. I remember he once said about how much he hated having to audition  guitar players.

At some point in 06, (or 07?) someone in ETS asked Reznor about  the random bitter sounding remarks of Robin.

The circa 05 great Robin slander was because they did intially ask Finck to take part in With Teeth tour,  but instead of just giving a straight "yes" or a "no"Robin  kinda stalled everything by not being able to decide in reasonable timeline.

Above isn't an accurate word-to word quote but that essentially was what TR was saying.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2008, 11:17:05 AM by LeftToDecay » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 237 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: