Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 09:37:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227937 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Students banned from Graduation because of the Confederate Flag
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Students banned from Graduation because of the Confederate Flag  (Read 36456 times)
TAP
Banned
Rocker

March of the Pigs

« Reply #140 on: June 09, 2008, 06:19:52 PM »

Black in England, France and other European countries seem to be doing fine. 

hmmm...not so sure you can back that up.

Now doesn't that make you feel better?
The pigs have won tonight
Now they can all sleep soundly
And everything is all right
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #141 on: June 09, 2008, 06:27:13 PM »

Smoking Guns, the only part of your theory I don't understand involves the blame you place on Great Society programs. 

You said, "Did the US help create a culture with the welfare system and hand outs and projects that creates a sense of entitlement?"  Obviously it was a rhetorical question because that's what you believe...but when you say it made things "worse" that implies before these programs things were "better."  Are you kidding me?  Do you honestly think African-Americans would be where they are today (still progress to be made) without the Civil Rights Act and Federal intervention???  I love the old states' rights arguments..."we don't need no federal gubbment comin' on in here tellin us what's raght n wrong!"   Umm.....yeah, ya do.  Wink

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #142 on: June 09, 2008, 06:36:38 PM »

Smoking Guns, the only part of your theory I don't understand involves the blame you place on Great Society programs. 

You said, "Did the US help create a culture with the welfare system and hand outs and projects that creates a sense of entitlement?"  Obviously it was a rhetorical question because that's what you believe...but when you say it made things "worse" that implies before these programs things were "better."  Are you kidding me?  Do you honestly think African-Americans would be where they are today (still progress to be made) without the Civil Rights Act and Federal intervention???  I love the old states' rights arguments..."we don't need no federal gubbment comin' on in here tellin us what's raght n wrong!"   Umm.....yeah, ya do.  Wink

Well, lets discuss this.  I was asking seriously.  Prior to all these acts, black kids had dad's at home.  After, mom's got more money for each kid they had and incentive to stay married declined.  With less supervision, kids find drugs and become addicts or join gangs looking for father figures.  I think some of the gov't programs led to more broken homes than before.  History proves that children with dad's tend to turn out better as a whole than kids with out dad's.
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #143 on: June 09, 2008, 06:37:50 PM »

Also I am saying its not the US fault that perhaps some people didn't come along as well.  I was trying to say, how can you blame the US Gov't?  They did try.  There were some problems they didn't see coming.
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #144 on: June 09, 2008, 10:15:25 PM »

Smoking Guns, there's also a difference between welfare reform and program termination due to lack of funding...
that's what I'm talkin 'bout homey.   Grin

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #145 on: June 10, 2008, 08:18:52 AM »

btw, Colonel Mosby, to think that "tyrant" Abraham Lincoln forced the South to end slavery, what a monster!  To think he did everything within his means to keep this nation unified...what a horrible guy. 

Nice strawman!!!

If the the tyrant hadn't got his "just due"(yeah, I think Booth is a national heroe), he would be looked upon as that turd Bush.

"The vast majority of southern whites did not own slaves. 90% of the slaves were owned by 5% of the population."
-0% of whites were owned by blacks.  Wink  Keep flying those stars and bars proudly Colonel!  Roll Eyes

New York(Yankee) Racist.

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #146 on: June 10, 2008, 08:22:47 AM »

If the the tyrant hadn't got his "just due"(yeah, I think Booth is a national heroe), he would be looked upon as that turd Bush.

You're calling a banker puppet a national hero? Wow, just wow!

Lincoln might be a tyrant in modern eyes, but they didn't kill him for fuckin' with the people. It's the other way, always is.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #147 on: June 10, 2008, 08:25:42 AM »

You think that JWB was a banker puppet. Roll Eyes

The man gave his life for what he believed.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2008, 08:27:36 AM by Colonel Mosby » Logged

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #148 on: June 10, 2008, 08:27:10 AM »

Black in England, France and other European countries seem to be doing fine. 

hmmm...not so sure you can back that up.

He can't. There's virtually not a single ethnic European driving taxis and cleaning toilets anymore. That's reserved for 'the new class'.

polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #149 on: June 10, 2008, 08:31:03 AM »

I don't think. I know. Willingly, or unwillingly.

Lincoln was about to fuck them in the ass with his Amnesty and Reconstruction act, not to mention taking their fiat printing power from them.

fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #150 on: June 10, 2008, 08:38:42 AM »

Lincoln was about to fuck them in the ass with his Amnesty and Reconstruction act, not to mention taking their fiat printing power from them.

"His" amnesty was contingent upon July of '63; and reconstruction was years after.

Let us hear some of the Yankees debate that "Proclamation?

polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #151 on: June 10, 2008, 09:02:26 AM »

"His" amnesty was contingent upon July of '63; and reconstruction was years after.

Let us hear some of the Yankees debate that "Proclamation?

Years after being key.

And you conveniently ignore the fiat argument.

fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #152 on: June 10, 2008, 09:07:52 AM »

I didn't think that I ignored any fiat ...

Thus always to tyrants!!!

polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #153 on: June 10, 2008, 09:11:02 AM »

Amen Colonel.

fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #154 on: June 10, 2008, 09:14:14 AM »

Gawd, has nothing to do with what is right ...

.... or Constitutional!!!

fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #155 on: June 10, 2008, 09:18:14 AM »

sic siempre tyranus

polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #156 on: June 10, 2008, 09:21:53 AM »

Amon ain't gawd, he's just man gawd. And you can bet your ass he's got something to say about what's right, and the constitution!

fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #157 on: June 10, 2008, 09:27:18 AM »

I don't believe in gawd ... but I think that I smoked some of his shit!

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #158 on: June 10, 2008, 11:17:15 AM »

thanks axl4prez

another thing u pointed out i really hate is how black people going around calling each other the N word like its cool, when they have no idea how ignorant or how bad it makes them look.

Prince has a song where he calls abraham lincoln a racist, because evidently Lincoln wasnt so "honest" in his intentions.

Some would say, that Lincoln freed the slaves just to hurt the south and he didnt necessarily view them as human beings. Also, black contributions to the North really aided in key Union victories.

So was Lincoln this great humanatarian or did he do things for personal gain?

Seems like he would've freed the slaves BEFORE the Civil War and wouldnt have waited 2 years to do so when the Confederate army was giving the Union army all they could handle.

Ahhh so the answer comes clean.......you got your history lesson from Prince.  Nuff said.

Lincoln's stance on slavery was that he was against.......HOWEVER he once said that if it would take not freeing the slaves to keep the union together, he would whatever it took to keep America united, but he KNEW that abolishing slavery was the right thing to do.  Lincoln was far from this monster against the south that you and "Prince" make him out to be.  Lincoln wanted what was best for this country even though he knew and felt slavery had to be abolished.  It was when Lincoln's nomination for President was pretty much set in stone that the Southern states started leaving the Union.  Lincoln couldn't have done shit to abolish slavery because the South basically ignored everything the North did and they decided to start the war.

Why did he wait 2 years after the Civil war started to abolish slavery?

dont u view as more of a strategic thing instead of a moral one?

If he was so against it, why not do it when the Civil War started?

I tell u why........

Lincoln and the North thought the uprising from the south would only last a very short time and things would go back to normal. he didnt want to end slavery cause Im sure the North enjoyed all that big money they got taxing the south seeing as the north were nowhere near as financially secure as the south.

once the war became overwhelming and the north realized the south had a great chance of winning, lincoln pulled a bold move freeing the slaves thus weakening the south financially AND bolstering the Union army.

So yeah, im sure lincoln *who owned slaves if Im not mistaken* was against slavery to a degree OR maybe, history has just written a more favorable story for Lincoln when in reality, he did what he had to do for the benefit of the North and his presidency.

Lincoln wasnt exactly into freeing the slaves and having them be equals either. blacks counted for half a person.

Lincoln is put on a pedestal and yeah he did free slaves which was a great thing, but lets not act like it was strictly for moral reasons cause it wasnt.

its like the media today.

I like Barrack Obama, I am going to vote for him and I pray he wins BUT

hillary clinton got absolutely crucified in the media. I feel she was really treated unfair and Obama got pretty  much a free ride from the national media. if hillary had attended a couple churches that were racist against black people, people wouldve labeled her a klanswoman. her political career wouldve disintegrated.

obama though, no one even bats an eyelash at the fact that his reverend was a hate filled bigot. no one even cared really.

I feel that white america are so afraid of being labeled a "racist" or "bigot' that they walk on egg shells with Obama and dont criticize or dig for shit the way they normally do.

We will see with the election. everyone is waiting for the swiftboat Obama attack but I honestly think he will get a free ride from the mainstream media for fear of looking like hater mongers.

« Last Edit: June 10, 2008, 11:20:29 AM by D » Logged

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #159 on: June 10, 2008, 01:13:45 PM »

thanks axl4prez

another thing u pointed out i really hate is how black people going around calling each other the N word like its cool, when they have no idea how ignorant or how bad it makes them look.

Prince has a song where he calls abraham lincoln a racist, because evidently Lincoln wasnt so "honest" in his intentions.

Some would say, that Lincoln freed the slaves just to hurt the south and he didnt necessarily view them as human beings. Also, black contributions to the North really aided in key Union victories.

So was Lincoln this great humanatarian or did he do things for personal gain?

Seems like he would've freed the slaves BEFORE the Civil War and wouldnt have waited 2 years to do so when the Confederate army was giving the Union army all they could handle.

Ahhh so the answer comes clean.......you got your history lesson from Prince.  Nuff said.

Lincoln's stance on slavery was that he was against.......HOWEVER he once said that if it would take not freeing the slaves to keep the union together, he would whatever it took to keep America united, but he KNEW that abolishing slavery was the right thing to do.  Lincoln was far from this monster against the south that you and "Prince" make him out to be.  Lincoln wanted what was best for this country even though he knew and felt slavery had to be abolished.  It was when Lincoln's nomination for President was pretty much set in stone that the Southern states started leaving the Union.  Lincoln couldn't have done shit to abolish slavery because the South basically ignored everything the North did and they decided to start the war.

Why did he wait 2 years after the Civil war started to abolish slavery?

dont u view as more of a strategic thing instead of a moral one?

If he was so against it, why not do it when the Civil War started?

I tell u why........

Lincoln and the North thought the uprising from the south would only last a very short time and things would go back to normal. he didnt want to end slavery cause Im sure the North enjoyed all that big money they got taxing the south seeing as the north were nowhere near as financially secure as the south.

once the war became overwhelming and the north realized the south had a great chance of winning, lincoln pulled a bold move freeing the slaves thus weakening the south financially AND bolstering the Union army.

So yeah, im sure lincoln *who owned slaves if Im not mistaken* was against slavery to a degree OR maybe, history has just written a more favorable story for Lincoln when in reality, he did what he had to do for the benefit of the North and his presidency.

Lincoln wasnt exactly into freeing the slaves and having them be equals either. blacks counted for half a person.

Lincoln is put on a pedestal and yeah he did free slaves which was a great thing, but lets not act like it was strictly for moral reasons cause it wasnt.

its like the media today.

I like Barrack Obama, I am going to vote for him and I pray he wins BUT

hillary clinton got absolutely crucified in the media. I feel she was really treated unfair and Obama got pretty  much a free ride from the national media. if hillary had attended a couple churches that were racist against black people, people wouldve labeled her a klanswoman. her political career wouldve disintegrated.

obama though, no one even bats an eyelash at the fact that his reverend was a hate filled bigot. no one even cared really.

I feel that white america are so afraid of being labeled a "racist" or "bigot' that they walk on egg shells with Obama and dont criticize or dig for shit the way they normally do.

We will see with the election. everyone is waiting for the swiftboat Obama attack but I honestly think he will get a free ride from the mainstream media for fear of looking like hater mongers.

Dude think about it..........if Lincoln had abolished slavery as soon as all the states started leaving the Union right as he was becoming president.......what would that have done?  Absolutely nothing, the Southern states were already ignoring any law of the constitution that they felt like ignoring.  Lincoln had a fucking country that was dividing on his hands.....he was on pins and needles trying to keep the country together.
As far as Lincoln owning slaves........history will tell you that it was Lincoln's wife (Mary Todd) who's family owned slaves.  Not Lincoln himself......there is absolutely no proof that Lincoln himself owned slaves.  Other than in some conspiracy theorist's book, which I will not accept as proof.....you will not find other wise.

Now onto your Barack Obama opinions............are you fucking serious that he got it easy as pie by the media?  Do you remember when rumors came abound when he was first going for the democratic bid?  The rumors that Barack is a muslim?  The constant and intentional misspelling of Obama to "Osama"?   I can honestly and this is in my own opinion, but I will back it up 100%.........can ask any of the ignorant population of Central Pennsylvania where I live..."Is Barack Obama a muslim" and I guaran-damn-tee that the overwhelming majority of answers will be "yes."
As far as his reverend and those idiotic comments, I've never seen or read one interview where Barack has supported those views or made such comments.  If anything the reverend was using his stance with Barack to slide in his own agenda.  Barack did the right thing by distancing himself from that idiot.  And either way it was far from ignored........that event dominated the media when it came out. 

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: