Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 07:08:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  The 2008/2009 NBA season thread
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 47 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The 2008/2009 NBA season thread  (Read 163001 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #120 on: January 02, 2009, 07:27:40 PM »

If they did that, Danny Ainge would turn back into Danny Ainge.

surely to God he wouldn't be that stupid.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #121 on: January 02, 2009, 09:24:58 PM »

If Marbury signs with Boston, ya'll can just pull the plug on your season.
Yeah I heard that today.  That'd be crazy.  I'd take a wait and see approach, but history wouldn't necessarily be on their side.  Maybe a reunion with KG would do Steph some good?  Yeah, I'm reaching.

It would do Steph some good, but while Starbury is finding inner piece, the Celtics will fall apart at the seams!
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #122 on: January 02, 2009, 10:06:12 PM »

I would personally get a kick out of seeing the Celtics sign Marbury and tumble down to 3rd or 4th in the standings... They shouldn't even be in talks about it.
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #123 on: January 02, 2009, 10:10:42 PM »

He has a tattoo on his head.  rofl

w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #124 on: January 02, 2009, 10:28:08 PM »

GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #125 on: January 02, 2009, 11:02:05 PM »

It's his NY Knicks jersey number (3) and it's the logo on his line of sneakers.

"The ?3″ logo found on his Starbury sneaker and apparel line is now a permanent part of his bald head."

Stephon Marbury Endorses Sneakers, Under $15

Pro basketball star Stephon Marbury is endorsing his new sneaker line, which are unlike any previous pair of celebrity-supported footwear - a pair cost only $14.95.

The "Starbury 1" sneakers are being sold at such a low price, in an attempt to break long-standing price trends which often charge over $100 per pair.

"Steph's message is that self-esteem doesn't have to be wrapped up in your clothing," said Andy Todd, president of Steve & Barry's University Sportswear stores, who says the sneakers are flying off of the shelves.

"We've been in business more than 20 years. We've never seen a phenomenon like this," Todd added.

Marbury says he remembers growing up poor in Coney Island, and being unable to afford the latest sneakers. He is now the NBA's fifth highest-paid player, and hopes that his discount shoe prices catch on.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #126 on: January 03, 2009, 01:08:56 AM »

I would personally get a kick out of seeing the Celtics sign Marbury and tumble down to 3rd or 4th in the standings... They shouldn't even be in talks about it.
IF they were to take a chance on Marbury, I think they'd do so at minimal risk.  I seriously doubt they would tumble to 3rd or 4th just by adding Stephon.  If that came anywhere close to happening they'd just cut him and return to their current form.  It's really a low risk situation, if they sign him on the cheap.

On the one hand guys with checkered pasts have gone to better situations and thrived.  On the other hand, EVERY team Marbury has gone to has gotten worse.  I'm sure the Celtics know this and IF they took a chance on him, he'd be on a short leash.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
G2N2R
Rocker

Just a little? Maybe a LIL more...

« Reply #127 on: January 03, 2009, 11:24:39 AM »

Actually I would consider it a GREAT signing, they are in desperate need of someone to come in and be the high scorer in the second unit, as that unit is looking like a problem for the team. As Faldor said, this is just a low risk, they wouldn't have to shell out a ton of money for him and i'm sure he'd be happy in Boston with a team that he can contribute on and have a chance to win a championship with.

I don't think Marbury is that bad of a guy, it's kinda annoying seein everyone dog on him for everything he does, his shoe that he has out for less than 15 dollars is a great thing for young kids who want shoes of there favorite stars yet usually have to dish out ungodly amounts of money for them, money which they don't have or could be used on better things.

If he joins the team I bet anyone on here that he will keep his attitude in check and be a good team player, he realizes he has a bed rep and needs to fix that if he ever wants to get $$paid$$ again. I say sign the guy, and lock up the NBA Championship for the second year.  ok

I can't live without my train, my laptop, or my incredible urge to dance without my pants!
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #128 on: January 03, 2009, 12:28:53 PM »

Actually I would consider it a GREAT signing, they are in desperate need of someone to come in and be the high scorer in the second unit, as that unit is looking like a problem for the team. As Faldor said, this is just a low risk, they wouldn't have to shell out a ton of money for him and i'm sure he'd be happy in Boston with a team that he can contribute on and have a chance to win a championship with.

I don't think Marbury is that bad of a guy, it's kinda annoying seein everyone dog on him for everything he does, his shoe that he has out for less than 15 dollars is a great thing for young kids who want shoes of there favorite stars yet usually have to dish out ungodly amounts of money for them, money which they don't have or could be used on better things.

If he joins the team I bet anyone on here that he will keep his attitude in check and be a good team player, he realizes he has a bed rep and needs to fix that if he ever wants to get $$paid$$ again. I say sign the guy, and lock up the NBA Championship for the second year.  ok

The guy hasn't played in a year, you think he would just come right out and contribute?

He hasn't even had the benefit of training camp to get to know his teammates, he's gonna have to learn right on the job.

And imagine some kid wearing those sneakers at the playground?

They'd make fun of him for having 15 dolla shoeZ.  Marbury fails at everything.  What a failure.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #129 on: January 03, 2009, 12:35:31 PM »

4 teams, 4 fuck ups, 4 teams that got extremely better after he left. this is not a coincidence. he is selfish, a ball stopper and a cancer.

he can give shoes away for free won't change all the cash he has stolen from various franchises and given nothing back to.

Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #130 on: January 03, 2009, 12:38:03 PM »

4 teams, 4 fuck ups, 4 teams that got extremely better after he left. this is not a coincidence. he is selfish, a ball stopper and a cancer.

he can give shoes away for free won't change all the cash he has stolen from various franchises and given nothing back to.

Holy crap D, we've been seeing eye to eye on a lot of things lately!  (Not just the NBA.)

Time to see my psychiatrist! 
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #131 on: January 04, 2009, 08:31:45 PM »

another beautiful loss by the Celtics  beer  smoking
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #132 on: January 05, 2009, 09:26:37 AM »

OK, now I'm concerned.

Anemic defense, anemic offense....where the fuck did the celtics go?  Where the fuck is Garnett?

It's starting to look ugly now....losing to the KNICKS???  C'mon!

Oh, and I agree on Marbury.  Keep him away from the Celts.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #133 on: January 05, 2009, 12:14:13 PM »

I'd be worried if it was May, but it's January, it's a long season.  They weren't gonna have a 10 loss season.  Admittedly they haven't been playing well lately, but there's plenty of time to turn it around.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #134 on: January 05, 2009, 04:36:09 PM »

Four losses in a week though.

If they were spaced out, then I wouldn't be worried.  But they've just had a bad stretch.

Seems to that when teams stifle Rajon Cajun Datsun-driving Mondo-riffic Rondo, the Celtics look lost out there.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #135 on: January 05, 2009, 06:35:25 PM »

Four losses in a week though.

If they were spaced out, then I wouldn't be worried.  But they've just had a bad stretch.

Seems to that when teams stifle Rajon Cajun Datsun-driving Mondo-riffic Rondo, the Celtics look lost out there.
Yeah that's definitely a concern.  That's a large part why they struggled in the playoffs last season.  Rondo didn't play well and they didn't and still don't really have a suitable backup PG.  When he's on, he's great.  But when he's off, teams pressure him, or sag off him and take away his playmaking ability then the C's are a little lost.  I'm certainly not excited with losing 4 of the last 6, but I'm not ready to panic yet either.

Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #136 on: January 06, 2009, 10:17:15 PM »

Celtics drop another one..... if they aren't careful, Lebron is going to crab dribble his way to the top of the East!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #137 on: January 06, 2009, 10:18:34 PM »

Stephon Marbury sucks so bad, just the mention of his name in the same sentence as the Celtics causes a massive losing streak! rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #138 on: January 07, 2009, 05:14:44 PM »

Celtics drop another one..... if they aren't careful, Lebron is going to crab dribble his way to the top of the East!

Hahahhahaa!  hihi

Damn I hate Le-bon-bon.
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #139 on: January 09, 2009, 12:19:50 AM »

if there was a record for most team voted for the fan night games on nba tv the lakers would win that record  smoking
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 47 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: