Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 04:56:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227981 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns n? Roses Planning Summer Stadium Tour
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 77 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns n? Roses Planning Summer Stadium Tour  (Read 384337 times)
peter7411226
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1460 on: September 04, 2009, 03:47:28 PM »

But Jarmo unfortunately that's the nature of the biz. Magazine's will always talk shit regardless but you need them to help promote your art. They both get the same out of it. One sells magazines the other gets promotion which in turn may lead to more records sold as well as provide a voice to help put certain rumors to rest.

I know.

It will stay the same until they realize it hurts them to print shit.

My wish is that Axl could somehow just keep a consistent lineup. when i first saw the new lineup at RIR III, I was blown away.

I wouldn't be surprised if he wished the same, but it's not always up to him....

/jarmo

Dude respectively I dont think it hurts the magazines to print shit. I think the artist has more to lose by not playing the game. And if anything they should defend themselves. True magazines are gonna talk shit regardless but if you put your voice out there you let the public decide. As it is they hear one side.
axlrosegnr
I have a custom title now!
Legend

« Reply #1461 on: September 04, 2009, 03:57:23 PM »

Once again there's still a bunch of people that think they know the"biz" better than the band or their management. Yeah, OK....

Second of all, did any of you ever stop to think that Axl is just doing what he damn well wants to? Fuck, I wouldn't want to damn thing either for my so called supports that constantly bitched and moaned.

None of us know a damn thing about what's going on behind the scenes, or what Axl wants. So stop pretending you know what's best or how he should "play the game". Maybe he is playing "the game" and there are circumstances out of his control, which, as I said, none of us know about. Or, maybe he doesn't want to play the fucking game anymore. I would be bummed if that's the case, but I gotta say, reading what you asshole type all day, I can't fucking blame. him.

Axl is God.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #1462 on: September 04, 2009, 04:00:47 PM »

Axl took a beating in the press after old gnr broke up. No one would dispute that. But if he was asked during that same period, which Im sure he was, to do interviews and TV stuff and denied then you cant use that as an excuse for his media protest now.

If he was given ample opportunity to speak during those times then he has no one to blame but himself. If journalists and media outlets never reached out to him during that time then his protest is legit.

Imo, Axl went wrong by not setting the record straight much earlier in this whole process. If he would have done an interview or two in the late 90's discussing his version of what went wrong then maybe he wouldnt have been ripped as much during this decade. Axl releases CD and the majority of his comments are aimed toward the old band. All of that should have been dealt with well before CD's release.

His silence allowed for an onslaught of negativity to pile and pile and pile up on him. Then when he finally decided to speak it was too late. Now one cares really either way.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2009, 04:07:27 PM by younggunner » Logged

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1463 on: September 04, 2009, 04:07:24 PM »

But if he was being asked, which Im sure he was, to do interviews and TV stuff and denied then you cant use that as an excuse for his media protest now.

I'm glad it's up to you to decide what Axl can and can't do.   hihi

Quote from: Billboard February 14, 2009 issue
The opinions expressed or "jumped" on publicly regarding promotion seem to be [about] my or our involvement with mainstream media -- talk shows, rock magazines and dot-coms -- which have generally held negative public stances toward myself or the band for years, [and they] unfortunately have not been resolved. Efforts are being made to understand the relationships and evaluate how best to proceed.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #1464 on: September 04, 2009, 04:13:38 PM »

I'm glad it's up to you to decide what Axl can and can't do.   
Whos deciding anything for Axl?

which have generally held negative public stances toward myself or the band for years, [and they] unfortunately have not been resolved. Efforts are being made to understand the relationships and evaluate how best to proceed.

You obviously didnt read my post. Lets try it again....If Axl CHOSE to remain silent when the media was bashing him and the lineup after old gnr broke up then he has no leg to stand on. If the media asked him during that period..specifically between 97-2002....for interviews, comments, etc and he refused then how can he blame them for the pile on when he didnt defend himself during those early years?

But, if during that early period the media never wanted to hear from Axl and never made requests for his side then he would be right with his media protest.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
gilld1
Banned
VIP

Spiraling up through the crack in the skye...

« Reply #1465 on: September 04, 2009, 04:15:19 PM »

Once again there's still a bunch of people that think they know the"biz" better than the band or their management. Yeah, OK....

Second of all, did any of you ever stop to think that Axl is just doing what he damn well wants to? Fuck, I wouldn't want to damn thing either for my so called supports that constantly bitched and moaned.

None of us know a damn thing about what's going on behind the scenes, or what Axl wants. So stop pretending you know what's best or how he should "play the game". Maybe he is playing "the game" and there are circumstances out of his control, which, as I said, none of us know about. Or, maybe he doesn't want to play the fucking game anymore. I would be bummed if that's the case, but I gotta say, reading what you asshole type all day, I can't fucking blame. him.

I haven't seen anyone on here say they were experts in the biz.  But we can look around and see what other successful acts are doing and see that GnR isn't doing the same or similar.  This is all from a fan's perspective, nothing else.  Quit acting so holier than thou.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #1466 on: September 04, 2009, 04:16:01 PM »

I haven't seen anyone on here say they were experts in the biz.  But we can look around and see what other successful acts are doing and see that GnR isn't doing the same or similar.  This is all from a fan's perspective, nothing else.  Quit acting so holier than thou.
its a way too sensitive and uptight place......

gilld1
Banned
VIP

« Reply #1467 on: September 04, 2009, 04:17:49 PM »

I'm glad it's up to you to decide what Axl can and can't do.   
Whos deciding anything for Axl?

which have generally held negative public stances toward myself or the band for years, [and they] unfortunately have not been resolved. Efforts are being made to understand the relationships and evaluate how best to proceed.

You obviously didnt read my post. Lets try it again....If Axl CHOSE to remain silent when the media was bashing him and the lineup after old gnr broke up then he has no leg to stand on. If the media asked him during that period..specifically between 97-2002....for interviews, comments, etc and he refused then how can he blame them for the pile on when he didnt defend himself during those early years?

But, if during that early period the media never wanted to hear from Axl and never made requests for his side then he would be right with his media protest.

I 'm willing to bet that there were numerous requests.  Even Spin Magazine has an issue with Axl on the cover asking where in the world is Axl Rose.  He also refused the VH1 Behind the Music thing.
axlrosegnr
Legend

« Reply #1468 on: September 04, 2009, 04:19:55 PM »

I haven't seen anyone on here say they were experts in the biz.  But we can look around and see what other successful acts are doing and see that GnR isn't doing the same or similar.  This is all from a fan's perspective, nothing else.  Quit acting so holier than thou.

Holier than thou...Metallica? You're still thinking you know what the fucking band should do, so quit acting like their fucking manager.

Axl is God.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1469 on: September 04, 2009, 04:22:17 PM »

If Axl CHOSE to remain silent when the media was bashing him and the lineup after old gnr broke up then he has no leg to stand on. If the media asked him during that period..specifically between 97-2002....for interviews, comments, etc and he refused then how can he blame them for the pile on when he didnt defend himself during those early years?

So because he didn't take part in the witch hunt on himself, it's his own fault? Please.

The media thrives on sensationalism. When the truth isn't interesting enough, shit is made up.

People take part in interviews all the time, some realize they shouldn't have after it's been published.

It's also been pointed out to you how most things he says are twisted around to fit whatever the agenda of the day is.

Maybe he just had enough.

And because of that he should blame himself for the media writing all kinds of shit?

Don't think so.

He also refused the VH1 Behind the Music thing.

You mean the VR infomercial? No fucking wonder he refused.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
gilld1
Banned
VIP

« Reply #1470 on: September 04, 2009, 04:22:54 PM »

Holier than thou...Metallica? You're still thinking you know what the fucking band should do, so quit acting like their fucking manager.

I am thinking what any normal fan thinks their fave band should do.  Tour, vids, etc.

I think that you should shut the fuck up, does that make me your manager?
gilld1
Banned
VIP

« Reply #1471 on: September 04, 2009, 04:24:49 PM »

If Axl CHOSE to remain silent when the media was bashing him and the lineup after old gnr broke up then he has no leg to stand on. If the media asked him during that period..specifically between 97-2002....for interviews, comments, etc and he refused then how can he blame them for the pile on when he didnt defend himself during those early years?

So because he didn't take part in the witch hunt on himself, it's his own fault? Please.

The media thrives on sensationalism. When the truth isn't interesting enough, shit is made up.

People take part in interviews all the time, some realize they shouldn't have after it's been published.

It's also been pointed out to you how most things he says are twisted around to fit whatever the agenda of the day is.

And because of that he should blame himself for the media writing all kinds of shit?

Don't think so.

He also refused the VH1 Behind the Music thing.

You mean the VR infomercial? No fucking wonder he refused.

/jarmo

Don't you think that the tone of the show would have been different had he participated?  I, for one, do.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1472 on: September 04, 2009, 04:27:20 PM »

Don't you think that the tone of the show would have been different had he participated?  I, for one, do.

Not really. I think it would've still been "Axl's working on Chinese Democracy and here's VR!".

Also, Izzy didn't take part either.... Izzy doesn't tour. He doesn't give many interviews. Doesn't seem to post blogs or on forums.

I guess he hates his fans!  rofl

/jarmo

younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #1473 on: September 04, 2009, 04:31:29 PM »

Partly, yes. Thats what people in the real world do. When their integrity, character, etc is being defamed they generally defend themselves or at least PRESENT their side of the story. Axl did not do that. Why allow the media and fans to only get one side of the GNR story? Doesnt make any sense.

Don't think so.

Again, maybe your not reading or understanding my posts. Im saying that if things were being "twisted around", Axl should have nipped it in the bud early on....or at least give his side of the break up and relationships, so he can wash his hands and move on. Leave it to the public to decide.

Im sure he had ample opportunity to set the record straight early on. He CHOSE not too.

gilld1
Banned
VIP

« Reply #1474 on: September 04, 2009, 04:32:56 PM »

Not really. I think it would've still been "Axl's working on Chinese Democracy and here's VR!".

Also, Izzy didn't take part either.... Izzy doesn't tour. He doesn't give many interviews. Doesn't seem to post blogs or on forums.

I guess he hates his fans!  rofl

/jarmo

Gotta disagree with you.  I think they would have hyped up the Axl v Slash thing more.  They were probably drooling for that to happen.

Apples and oranges comparison.  Izzy has never made fans rabid like Axl.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #1475 on: September 04, 2009, 04:33:33 PM »

Don't you think that the tone of the show would have been different had he participated?  I, for one, do.
It would have but thats not even the point. The point is that he would have washed his hands a long time ago and left it up for the public to decide. Then his current media protest would be legit if things hadnt changed.

axlrosegnr
Legend

« Reply #1476 on: September 04, 2009, 04:34:42 PM »

I am thinking what any normal fan thinks their fave band should do.  Tour, vids, etc.

I think that you should shut the fuck up, does that make me your manager?

Aww, somebodys getting testy. And no, I wouldn't hire you as a manager. Haha. Answer this, would you like thousands of people DEMANDING that you do something each and every day. Fuck no. Instead of looking at it through a "fans" point of view, which I think your version of is somewhat delusional, look at it through Axl's point of view. Now, I am going to say the cliched (sp?) thing for me to say, I know it's been said a million times, you're getting tired of hearing it, and I'm getting tired of saying it, but that doesn't make it any less true....if the music from your favorite band simply isn't enough, then fucking move on. I would fucking love for Axl to tour right now, I would love for Axl to do some interviews, I would love for Axl to do a lot of things, but just because he doesn't, I'm not gonna fucking cry and act like a little bitch about it. Which is what your doing. Live your fucking life. Be happy with what you got. But anyways, I'm gonna "shut the fuck up " now. Have a great long weekend everybody!  peace

Axl is God.
IKnowWhereIAM
VIP

Out of the shadows, into...Hell?

« Reply #1477 on: September 04, 2009, 04:35:05 PM »

His silence allowed for an onslaught of negativity to pile and pile and pile up on him. Then when he finally decided to speak it was too late. Now one cares really either way.
The first thing a good lawyer will tell you is to STFU.  Any court case Axl may have been involved in could be jeopardized by public statements.

Let me get this off my chest...its been bothering me for years...the Mona Lisa is a shitty painting.  I hate it.  It is dark, and lacks detail.  If only I could go back and tell Leonardo how it should have been painted!  She would have been a blonde to start with...probably a Swede.  Man, if there were just message boards back then, so we 'fans' could tell him what we wanted him to do,or let him know what we expect...   hihi

There is no crying in rock and roll.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2009, 04:36:46 PM by IKnowWhereIAM » Logged

"I have no comment, for the record, but don't quote me on that"
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #1478 on: September 04, 2009, 04:36:54 PM »

What legally could have prevented Axl from giving his side of the gnr breakup? Why wasnt Slash, Duff,etc under any of these restrictions?

There is no crying in rock and roll.

Take your own advice then....

The first thing a good lawyer will tell you is to STFU.

there shouldnt be any lawyer talk in r n r either ok

« Last Edit: September 04, 2009, 04:41:18 PM by younggunner » Logged

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1479 on: September 04, 2009, 04:41:02 PM »

If I were GNR's manager Id be fired in a week, cause I would be outspoken as hell. I guarantee I could do better than Merck's ass.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 77 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: