Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 05:36:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  holy shit! this is THE BEST gnr line-up EVER!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: holy shit! this is THE BEST gnr line-up EVER!  (Read 29001 times)
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #120 on: June 02, 2009, 11:03:52 AM »

Would you feel more comfortable if everyone here places a disclaimer beneath their posts that states "This is only my opinion"?  hihi
How its is "only my opinion" to say nobody can disagree with you??

Or to state one thing is better than other judging by its sales and when I put some lame artist like Britney, it all goes to quality?

I can't help but to notice the only time you have an issue with one's "opinion" is when it's not the same one that you share. As soon as this happens, the "that's not a fact" rhetoric begins.
Didn't I said several times that I don't agree with falungong69? Tell me about rethoric.

The definiton of timeless is 'Having no end; interminable; unending'. I suppose anyone could argue that any song ever written is timeless if they truly enjoy it. But it's hard to argue that a song such as 'Better' is timeless when it's only been commercially available now for 6 months, did nothing on the charts, and has drawn no real mainstream demand. For you, it may be timeless. For the vast majority, that probably isn't the case.

Surely you can see that people are going to look at you funny when you try and clump 'Better' or 'SOD' in with highly recognized and popular songs like 'WTTJ' and 'SCOM'. It has nothing to do with putting down the band or the songs, it's simply about being logical.

I think 'TWAT' is a great song. I'd like to think I'll believe the same in 10 years. But if I were to go around and tell people that I think the song is "timeless", and grouping it into some well known classics, I can see where that might trigger a 'WTF' expression from somebody.
Your definition on "timeless" is "popular". Mine is one thing you can listen to years after and still think it's good.

I listen to Riad, Chinese, SOD and Madagascar for 8 years now. I still enjoy listening to them. And I think they are all timeless for this, not because it should be on charts and what people think of it. I could care less what the majority would tell me, I don't need them to make my own taste.

You keep blabbing about what majority thinks. Again: if I had this point of view, I'm sure I wouldn't be here discussing this. Id rather go to mygnr.com and whine about the album or demanding a reunion.

peter7411226
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #121 on: June 02, 2009, 11:10:17 AM »

Would you feel more comfortable if everyone here places a disclaimer beneath their posts that states "This is only my opinion"?  hihi
How its is "only my opinion" to say nobody can disagree with you??

Or to state one thing is better than other judging by its sales and when I put some lame artist like Britney, it all goes to quality?

I can't help but to notice the only time you have an issue with one's "opinion" is when it's not the same one that you share. As soon as this happens, the "that's not a fact" rhetoric begins.
Didn't I said several times that I don't agree with falungong69? Tell me about rethoric.

The definiton of timeless is 'Having no end; interminable; unending'. I suppose anyone could argue that any song ever written is timeless if they truly enjoy it. But it's hard to argue that a song such as 'Better' is timeless when it's only been commercially available now for 6 months, did nothing on the charts, and has drawn no real mainstream demand. For you, it may be timeless. For the vast majority, that probably isn't the case.

Surely you can see that people are going to look at you funny when you try and clump 'Better' or 'SOD' in with highly recognized and popular songs like 'WTTJ' and 'SCOM'. It has nothing to do with putting down the band or the songs, it's simply about being logical.

I think 'TWAT' is a great song. I'd like to think I'll believe the same in 10 years. But if I were to go around and tell people that I think the song is "timeless", and grouping it into some well known classics, I can see where that might trigger a 'WTF' expression from somebody.
Your definition on "timeless" is "popular". Mine is one thing you can listen to years after and still think it's good.

I listen to Riad, Chinese, SOD and Madagascar for 8 years now. I still enjoy listening to them. And I think they are all timeless for this, not because it should be on charts and what people think of it. I could care less what the majority would tell me, I don't need them to make my own taste.

You keep blabbing about what majority thinks. Again: if I had this point of view, I'm sure I wouldn't be here discussing this. Id rather go to mygnr.com and whine about the album or demanding a reunion.

I havent heard anyone whine about the album or demand a reunion in this thread.
-Rob-
Banned
Rocker

Here Today ...

« Reply #122 on: June 02, 2009, 11:38:13 AM »

I havent heard anyone whine about the album or demand a reunion in this thread.

Thank you.

It gets difficult to keep up when people choose to fabricate fairy tales about what they think is being suggested as opposed to what one's post actually states.

In this guy's case, if you don't think Robin's playing is "timeless"(which it's not), it's interpreted to mean that you hate the new band and album.

Interesting ...
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #123 on: June 02, 2009, 12:04:30 PM »

I knew Robin's solo at TWAT was a timeless masterpiece since the first time I put ''play'' in the first leaked demo.

Same with his solo at This I Love.

And I think we all agree SOD's solo and BH's solo at TWAT are two of the best GNR solos ever.

What is really funny is your need to find ''timeless'' solos and songs in an album which has been released 6 months ago. Was ''Sweet Child'' and ''jungle'' mediocre songs, and they only became timeless for you all when MTV started giving them heavy rotation? Does your ''timeless'' concept depends on success and sales? Because no-one considered those songs ''timeless'' 6 months after the release of AFD...

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
gilld1
Banned
VIP

Spiraling up through the crack in the skye...

« Reply #124 on: June 02, 2009, 12:19:08 PM »

I'm sorry but any line up that doesn't include Izzy in it simply cannot be the best ever. 

The popular arguement is the Slash vs Axl thing.  To me it's irrelevant because Izzy was the glue that held the band together and when he left GnR died.
falungong69
Rocker

« Reply #125 on: June 02, 2009, 12:21:23 PM »

I'm sorry but any line up that doesn't include Izzy in it simply cannot be the best ever. 

The popular arguement is the Slash vs Axl thing.  To me it's irrelevant because Izzy was the glue that held the band together and when he left GnR died.

well, i'm sure izzy will be invited to do some guest appearances.  but let's be honest, the current gnr guitarists can play circles around izzy stradlin.  if you need someone to strum a few chords, izzy's your man.  but can he do finger-tapping?  no.  can he do sweeps?  no.  can he use a kill-switch?  no.  he simply doesn't have the chops to play 99% of the music on chinese democracy.  he just isn't good enough of a guitar player.
gilld1
Banned
VIP

« Reply #126 on: June 02, 2009, 12:26:07 PM »

That's the beauty of it, he didn't need all of that bullshit to make great music. 
falungong69
Rocker

« Reply #127 on: June 02, 2009, 12:27:39 PM »

That's the beauty of it, he didn't need all of that bullshit to make great music. 

but he never could have made chinese democracy.  since the band's heading out on the chinese democracy world tour, doesn't it kinda make sense that they'd want musicians who are capable of actually playing the music?
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #128 on: June 02, 2009, 12:29:52 PM »

as long as its available for all next generations every kind of music is timeless!
but are there really "hit songs" on cd making the majority of people/crowds going crazy like the SCOM beginning riff? time will tell and everybody's entitled to her/his opinion. i just cant see songs on cd fitting this category of all-time-classics some of the old band songs have. i'm not saying it was the intention of Axl to create such songs, i actually find a lot of seperate parts good/very good, just no overall crowd pleaser like jungle on there. and i highly doubt songs like Shacklers, Rhiad or Scraped will ever turn into such! in my eyes cd lacks some real good hard rock song. but back to topic i have trouble labeling a line-up as its best when you havent heard or seen them play together!

Re-Union time, baby!!
peter7411226
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #129 on: June 02, 2009, 12:32:36 PM »

as long as its available for all next generations every kind of music is timeless!
but are there really "hit songs" on cd making the majority of people/crowds going crazy like the SCOM beginning riff? time will tell and everybody's entitled to her/his opinion. i just cant see songs on cd fitting this category of all-time-classics some of the old band songs have. i'm not saying it was the intention of Axl to create such songs, i actually find a lot of seperate parts good/very good, just no overall crowd pleaser like jungle on there. and i highly doubt songs like Shacklers, Rhiad or Scraped will ever turn into such! in my eyes cd lacks some real good hard rock song. but back to topic i have trouble labeling a line-up as its best when you havent heard or seen them play together!

Amen!!
RancidPunx
VIP

FAITH

« Reply #130 on: June 02, 2009, 12:33:33 PM »

well, i'm sure izzy will be invited to do some guest appearances.  but let's be honest, the current gnr guitarists can play circles around izzy stradlin.  if you need someone to strum a few chords, izzy's your man.  but can he do finger-tapping?  no.  can he do sweeps?  no.  can he use a kill-switch?  no.  he simply doesn't have the chops to play 99% of the music on chinese democracy.  he just isn't good enough of a guitar player.

LOL@ you trying to discredit Izzy. Who the fuck cares if he can't finger tap? Not the fucking audience rocking out to his songs when GNR plays live, I don't know if you know this but along with Axl,Izzy is the most important songwriter in GNR history. A ton of GNR fans got very excited when Axl mentioned an Izzy song (Down By The River?) when discussing upcoming Guns songs.

On past tours a ton of Izzy material was played live and will continue. This is what the 3rd or 4th ChiDem Tour? They aren't gonna drop all those old songs. If you think the majority of 10,000 fans a night wanna hear ChiDem songs over AFD/LIES/UYI then you got another thing coming. We the hardcore fans on this Forum love the album but we don't represent the 10,000 people at GNR shows in the US.

Fernando-Remember when you said you would swap your side stage view of the band for my pit view?Well, I do and I am holding you to it in 09!
*Hell "Freud" might say that's what I need*
falungong69
Rocker

« Reply #131 on: June 02, 2009, 12:44:58 PM »

LOL@ you trying to discredit Izzy. Who the fuck cares if he can't finger tap? Not the fucking audience rocking out to his songs when GNR plays live, I don't know if you know this but along with Axl,Izzy is the most important songwriter in GNR history. A ton of GNR fans got very excited when Axl mentioned an Izzy song (Down By The River?) when discussing upcoming Guns songs.

On past tours a ton of Izzy material was played live and will continue. This is what the 3rd or 4th ChiDem Tour? They aren't gonna drop all those old songs. If you think the majority of 10,000 fans a night wanna hear ChiDem songs over AFD/LIES/UYI then you got another thing coming. We the hardcore fans on this Forum love the album but we don't represent the 10,000 people at GNR shows in the US.

it's amazing that there are so many psychics on this board.  they seem to know everything about what songs will be popular in 20 years and what songs 'fans' want to hear.  wow... it's kind of a shame that you have these amazing psychic gifts, but only choose to use them on the gnr fan board.  why aren't you guys out solving crimes or finding jimmy hoffa? 

bbf said in his recent interview that they can't wait to get out there and play the new songs from chinese democracy.  kinda shoots some holes in your psychic theory that they won't be playing the new stuff.  sorry, soothe-sayer, but i think i'm going to trust bumblefoot over you when it comes to what songs gnr's been rehearsing for the tour.

since the band members seem to think they'll be playing the new songs, it stands to reason that they'd want musicians in the band who are capable of actually playing that music.  i'm positive that any current member of gnr could play anything izzy ever wrote.  but is the reverse true?  will your slavish fanboy dedication to the mullet years allow you to answer truthfully?
peter7411226
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #132 on: June 02, 2009, 12:53:30 PM »

it's amazing that there are so many psychics on this board.  they seem to know everything about what songs will be popular in 20 years and what songs 'fans' want to hear.  wow... it's kind of a shame that you have these amazing psychic gifts, but only choose to use them on the gnr fan board.  why aren't you guys out solving crimes or finding jimmy hoffa? 

bbf said in his recent interview that they can't wait to get out there and play the new songs from chinese democracy.  kinda shoots some holes in your psychic theory that they won't be playing the new stuff.  sorry, soothe-sayer, but i think i'm going to trust bumblefoot over you when it comes to what songs gnr's been rehearsing for the tour.

since the band members seem to think they'll be playing the new songs, it stands to reason that they'd want musicians in the band who are capable of actually playing that music.  i'm positive that any current member of gnr could play anything izzy ever wrote.  but is the reverse true?  will your slavish fanboy dedication to the mullet years allow you to answer truthfully?

Once again...the namecalling....are you incapable of having an inteligent discussion without namecalling?
gilld1
Banned
VIP

« Reply #133 on: June 02, 2009, 12:58:23 PM »

Yes, I have no doubt that Izzy could do what Fortus does for the band.  Afterall, it seems that Fortus and Huge were trying their damnedest to be Izzy.  Can Izzy solo like BBF or Bucket, probably not but he could do Robin's stuff too.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #134 on: June 02, 2009, 01:03:00 PM »

I'm supposed to be the one who doesn't acknowledge that people have different opinions....

And here we have a bunch of people saying that nobody can think the current band is the best because they haven't played a show.

Ironic.....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
falungong69
Rocker

« Reply #135 on: June 02, 2009, 01:08:59 PM »

Once again...the namecalling....are you incapable of having an inteligent discussion without namecalling?

how telling that 'name calling' is the only response you have.  i'll consider that to be your attempt at waving a white flag without losing face.  surrender accepted.
peter7411226
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #136 on: June 02, 2009, 01:18:03 PM »

I'm supposed to be the one who doesn't acknowledge that people have different opinions....

And here we have a bunch of people saying that nobody can think the current band is the best because they haven't played a show.

Ironic.....

/jarmo

Jarmo,

People are entitled to there opinion but shouldn't people base there opinions on some sort of facts? If we want to have a good discussion shouldn't we let the facts speak for themselves? I mean I wouldn't feel confortable saying that the new lineup is better than the previous ones because i havent heard them. Just because Ashba wrote good songs and played well with Sixx AM doesnt mean that it will translate well to GNR. Then again maybe it might. I'll develop an opinion about the new lineup once I hear them. Till then the older versions are better simply because ive heard them play before.  
bodine
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #137 on: June 02, 2009, 01:21:32 PM »

I think the next version of GN'R is the best!!!  Whoever gets fired or quits next is not as good as the person that will replace him. 

There, same logic!
peter7411226
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #138 on: June 02, 2009, 01:25:22 PM »

how telling that 'name calling' is the only response you have.  i'll consider that to be your attempt at waving a white flag without losing face.  surrender accepted.

How is this surrendering Falungong? Seriously are you incapable of making valid arguments without namecalling? Mulletheads? Slavish fanboys? Your allowed to have your opinion regarding who you think is a better guitar player etc. but when you start namecalling you ruin your point.
falungong69
Rocker

« Reply #139 on: June 02, 2009, 01:32:49 PM »

How is this surrendering Falungong? Seriously are you incapable of making valid arguments without namecalling? Mulletheads? Slavish fanboys? Your allowed to have your opinion regarding who you think is a better guitar player etc. but when you start namecalling you ruin your point.

oh, boo hoo.  since when did fans of the world's most dangerous rock band get so sensitive? 

okay, okay... i'm sorry i made a joke about people from the 80's having mullets.  i'm also very sorry that i implied that people with slash avitars on a gnr fanboard might be fanboys.  heavens to betsy, i'd hate to imply anything so scandalous! 

now that the apologies are over, maybe you can get back to addressing the many points i made.... specifically, how can you expect the band to play new songs with izzy stradlin if izzy doesn't have the technical chops to play those songs?  i know you're all praying to the reunion gods, but that just defies logic.  it's like van halen trying to tour with kurt cobain on lead guitar.  he simply couldn't play the parts.  it doesn't make logical sense. 
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: