Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 04:44:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227942 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  How are tickets selling so far for the tour....?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: How are tickets selling so far for the tour....?  (Read 16053 times)
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #40 on: November 24, 2009, 10:42:35 AM »

only reason i am curious is cause im of mind that a us  tour could rely heavily on how well canada  does

Exactly!

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #41 on: November 24, 2009, 10:48:10 AM »

only reason i am curious is cause im of mind that a us  tour could rely heavily on how well canada  does

Exactly!

people think sales don't matter but they really do.  If the Canada shows didn't sell, i guess when it comes to Europe, they'd have to scale down. Right?
Or on the Flip side, maybe upgrade.

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #42 on: November 24, 2009, 10:51:29 AM »

Exactly!

people think sales don't matter but they really do.  If the Canada shows didn't sell, i guess when it comes to Europe, they'd have to scale down. Right?
Or on the Flip side, maybe upgrade.

Very true.... I personally hope when they come to the US they do scale back and play smaller places...

Then people would be bitching they cant get tickets... That what i'd consider positive bitching!!
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #43 on: November 24, 2009, 10:58:03 AM »

Very true.... I personally hope when they come to the US they do scale back and play smaller places...

Then people would be bitching they cant get tickets... That what i'd consider positive bitching!!

lol!  beer

i actually enjoy smaller shows better too!

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #44 on: November 24, 2009, 10:59:02 AM »

Exactly!

I highly doubt whether or not a US tour happens is dependent on Canadian tour sales.  Unless you can come up with some quantifiable relationship between how a tour sells in Canada and how it will sell in the US, I don't see how you can draw any conclusions from how the Canadian tour sells.

Ali
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #45 on: November 24, 2009, 11:11:58 AM »

I highly doubt whether or not a US tour happens is dependent on Canadian tour sales.  Unless you can come up with some quantifiable relationship between how a tour sells in Canada and how it will sell in the US, I don't see how you can draw any conclusions from how the Canadian tour sells.

I think there would be SOME indication based on Canadian sales.. If they sold less than half capacity shows, why would they do the same thing in the US??

The shows seem to be doing fine in canada, so there should be no worries about that... But they cant go @ it in the US w/ no promotion
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #46 on: November 24, 2009, 11:17:52 AM »

Looking back to the previous tours...

2007:
Mexico, Australia, New Zealand and Japan: Great.

2006:
Canada: Great
USA: Great, but with people whining about ticket sales
Europe: Great

Very simplified, but you get the point.

And now we got a bunch of (jealous Wink ) Americans asking how ticket sales are in Canada.

It's obvious the world outside the USA is more supportive of GN'R. As long as people keep focusing on the things that they should be the least concerned about (ticket sales etc.), instead of focusing on enjoying the shows, things won't change.

As long as people have that kind of mindset, don't be upset when tours start outside your country. Tour where people love you or tour where people whine about the shows before the tour has even started? Tough choice!

I guess some of the "true fans" who've kept whining about shit for years expect GN'R to just tour the USA first. There's a whole world out there that don't whine about the setlist before the first note has been played or whine about where the band plays. People who are excited about the prospect of a tour and hopefully they'll get to see the band play. Now that's a true fan.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #47 on: November 24, 2009, 11:21:37 AM »

2007:

2006:

And now we got a bunch of (jealous Wink ) Americans asking how ticket sales are in Canada.

It's obvious the world outside the USA is more supportive of GN'R. As long as people keep focusing on the things that they should be the least concerned about (ticket sales etc.), instead of focusing on enjoying the shows, things won't change.

As long as people have that kind of mindset, don't be upset when tours start outside your country. Tour where people love you or tour where people whine about the shows before the tour has even started? Tough choice!

I guess some of the "true fans" who've kept whining about shit for years expect GN'R to just tour the USA first. There's a whole world out there that don't whine about the setlist before the first note has been played or whine about where the band plays. People who are excited about the prospect of a tour and hopefully they'll get to see the band play. Now that's a true fan.

/jarmo
I am truly thankful I live so far north in the US so I can skip across the border and catch one of these shows. I live in Southeast Michigan, so London is about a 2 hour drive. There's a place in Western Michigan called Grand Rapids that alot of tours come to if they don't hit Detroit. That's about a 2 hour drive as well and I've driven over there for many shows so when I found out that London was just 2 hours in the other direction I was delighted!

All my worries about ticket sales ended as soon as I was able to order mine!
 beer

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #48 on: November 24, 2009, 11:30:03 AM »

beer

Isn't it funny though?

When you're going to the show and you have that to look forward to, suddenly shit like the setlist doesn't really mean a whole lot.

Seriously, you're gonna see the best band in the world. If you were fortunate enough to see them in 2007, that was over two years ago. If you saw them in 2006, that was three years ago.

The album's out, we know the songs by now, DJ's in the band. It'll be a totally different experience to 2006 or 2007.

Can't wait!

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #49 on: November 24, 2009, 12:56:21 PM »

The Disc Was x 3 Platinum In Canada and USA Sold 1 Million + 1 ... They say that our ticket sales are not good ??

Some are drunk seems ...

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
cineater
Legend

« Reply #50 on: November 24, 2009, 01:16:12 PM »

2007:

2006:

/jarmo

Well, I'm a little offended.  I don't think Americans are the only ones who complain about the set list or ticket sales.  I don't complain about either.  And the poor fans in South America have been asking for GNR since it was promissed back at Rio.  They were never refered to as jealous.  I don't think any one fan from any one country is a better fan than another.  We're all GNR fans.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #51 on: November 24, 2009, 01:19:50 PM »

beer

Isn't it funny though?

When you're going to the show and you have that to look forward to, suddenly shit like the setlist doesn't really mean a whole lot.

Seriously, you're gonna see the best band in the world. If you were fortunate enough to see them in 2007, that was over two years ago. If you saw them in 2006, that was three years ago.

The album's out, we know the songs by now, DJ's in the band. It'll be a totally different experience to 2006 or 2007.

Can't wait!

/jarmo

Yep! Last time I saw them was November of 06. They were playing alot of songs slightly different by the end of the 07 tour (from the bootlegs I've heard) so I'm super excited for the whole experience.

I don't usually find myself complaining about setlists but I admit I'm leary of DJ. I really, really liked Robin. More so than the guy before him. But I'm sure I'll get over it and have a great time!
 beer

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #52 on: November 24, 2009, 01:37:52 PM »

Well, I'm a little offended.  I don't think Americans are the only ones who complain about the set list or ticket sales.  I don't complain about either.  And the poor fans in South America have been asking for GNR since it was promissed back at Rio.  They were never refered to as jealous.  I don't think any one fan from any one country is a better fan than another.  We're all GNR fans.

I'm afraid you missed the whole point.

I didn't say anybody was better and I also pointed out how I made a very simplified statement about the tours. Meaning it's kinda obvious that not everybody in USA or elsewhere are that way.

I thought it was obvious.

Maybe the South Americans aren't jealous because it's not a country and GN'R hasn't scheduled a tour north of the border? Wink

/jarmo

SterileEyes
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #53 on: November 25, 2009, 04:32:23 AM »

2007:

2006:

/jarmo

...because the only people who go to GN'R shows in America are obviously on your message board talking about ticket sales  Roll Eyes

Follow the link below to hear my cover of "Pretty Tied Up"

http://www.myspace.com/marlahooch1
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #54 on: November 25, 2009, 08:17:10 AM »

Well you'd be one of them now wouldn't you.

Tongue

Many of them don't even attend any shows. Doesn't stop them from whining though....

So if you take a quick look at where people do appreciate GN'R, suddenly the USA doesn't top that list.

It seems to me that a GN'R tour is more welcomed elsewhere without the stupid negativity. Especially before a tour has even started.

That's my impression. You might disagree.

/jarmo

jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #55 on: November 25, 2009, 08:28:22 AM »

i think everyone on this site must like GNR.

But, because we're discussing the band all day, its ok to speculate on ticket sales, album sales etc etc etc etc etc.  Otherwise, i dont see the point in clicking the logon button.

As long as its in good will and not just someone just looking to get a reaction

inlikeflynn420
Rocker

Fuck 'em if they can't take a joke!

« Reply #56 on: November 25, 2009, 09:38:17 AM »

I am a diehard American guns n roses fan since the very beginning -- i was 21 years old when the band came out and their music was the soundtrack of my twenties. I've seen every lineup since Appetite and look forward to each tour. As far as the U.S. not getting the tour first (or second, or third...), well, of course i would love for gnr to play the U.S. as soon and as often as possible, but it makes total sense to me that the band plays elsewhere first. It seems to me that outside of the U.S. people are more recpetive to the new music and don't have as much of the "it's not gnr without Slash..." bullshit. I love the new music, the new lineup, the evolution of the band. I'm looking forward to seeing DJ on guitar just like i was excited about Bumblefoot. If it was my band, i would play in the coutries where the new music was accepted for what it is -- great fucking music!!!  So am i bummed out that there isn't a US tour in the near future? Of course. Does it make sense to me? Definitely. As soon as the Canadian shows were announced, me and a friend of mine got tickets for the Toronto show. I've never been there, i had to get a passport for the first time in my life, most people i know think we're crazy to go to Canada just for a concert in the middle of winter -- and i can't fucking wait!!!! I'm looking forward to a kickass road trip and a rockin good time!

8.4.88Philly
6.11.91Hershey
7.17.92D.C.
12.6.2Philly*
10.25.6Tampa
11.13.6Baltimore
1.28.10Toronto
11.20.11WilkesBarre
11.26.11Camden
2.27.12Philly
5.13.14Bethlehem
4.8.16Vegas
7.14.16Phil
Street of the Blues
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #57 on: November 25, 2009, 10:10:20 AM »

I could be wrong, but it seems like the UK press is even more brutal to Axl than the media in the US.
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #58 on: November 25, 2009, 10:14:35 AM »

He is a pretty easy target for the media.

BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #59 on: November 25, 2009, 10:25:22 AM »

I could be wrong, but it seems like the UK press is even more brutal to Axl than the media in the US.

I got the impression that overall, the UK press were more hostile to CD than the American press. Classic Rock is the only UK magazine I can think of, off the top of my head, that gave it a positive review.

I'm not sure about this business of certain country's fans being more supportive. I don't think that's the kind of thing anyone can judge based on what they read on an internet site. Undecided
« Last Edit: November 25, 2009, 10:27:42 AM by BlowUpYourVideo » Logged

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: