Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 04:39:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227936 Posts in 43254 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 492 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1577667 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2420 on: December 02, 2014, 08:56:49 AM »

And maybe they balked at a robust marketing plan...but, given that it was going to be released regardless, does that mean Axl should've gone into hibernation after the release, with limited public exposure?

If one thing leads to another, you like to blame the second. Especially if that involves Axl.  Tongue

He made a decision. Maybe at the time it was the best one for him. I respect that.
I can understand feeling frustrated by the lack of involvement from the record company at that point.

He didn't disappear. He came online and talked to his fans, us. For hours and hours. You might object to the topics he talked about, but that's what the fans were asking. There wasn't exactly a screened chat room thing going on. He answered the questions fans asked.

I also think that Chinese Whispers is not one sided.  It has quotes and articles from everyone involved in the process, including Axl.

Just because you have some quotes from him here and there, doesn't mean you have an objective article.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #2421 on: December 02, 2014, 09:10:26 AM »

I also think that Chinese Whispers is not one sided.  It has quotes and articles from everyone involved in the process, including Axl.

Just because you have some quotes from him here and there, doesn't mean you have an objective article.

Not sure how credible it is to label any account you don't want to hear as slanderous lies though.

Lot of guys quoted on that site don't really have a dog in the fight.  Even looking into it a bit further, many of the producers, engineer or other such folks that spoke on the record about the, at times, absurd inactivity...they did almost to a man still put over the work.  Even guys left sitting there until 4AM in the hopes Axl might grace the studio with his presence, they still all said most of what they worked on was really solid.

So...when are they lying?  Are they full of it when they talk about the wasted time and money, but suddenly a paragon of virtue when they talk about the quality of the work?  Because, a lot times, both things are were said within the same paragraph.  Are they switching off between honestly and lies by the sentence?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2422 on: December 02, 2014, 09:27:58 AM »

Ok. Let's look at this so called "wasted time".

To me it seems like somebody should've either gone "ok, why are we here if Axl's not gonna come in until early morning?" or deal with it since it's part of the gig.
I bet there's plenty of people in this world who don't exactly spend their time at work being productive. Yet this rarely makes it into articles..... In certain jobs, part of he job is to be ready and wait for something to happen.

But in this case it's such a big deal that you have to bring it up again. Because it makes the story "better".
Nobody wants to hear how they worked hours on great material, everybody wants to hear the sensational things.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #2423 on: December 02, 2014, 09:36:33 AM »

To me it seems like somebody should've either gone "ok, why are we here if Axl's not gonna come in until early morning?" or deal with it since it's part of the gig.
I bet there's plenty of people in this world who don't exactly spend their time at work being productive. Yet this rarely makes it into articles..... In certain jobs, part of he job is to be ready and wait for something to happen.

I've had similar thoughts.

I tend to chalk it up to them knowing there would be hell to pay if the night the spirit happened to move him to the studio at 2 AM is the night they decided to pack and go home early.

It's not a great system. 

But in this case it's such a big deal that you have to bring it up again. Because it makes the story "better".
Nobody wants to hear how they worked hours on great material, everybody wants to hear the sensational things.

Eh, this is just more of your persecution complex at work.  This stuff reads like an Axl homage of sorts, much of the time.  Like you are channeling the guy.

Saying they sat around waiting for an artist that never showed up, is not sensational.  Saying that they paid X amount of dollars to rent equipment for a month that never even got touched, is not sensational.  These are simply things that happened.

It would be much easier to disregard these people if they took the stance that Axl wasted their time, so fuck him and fuck his music.  But they don't say that.  Just about no one on that site says that.  Almost to a man, they all say the material is good, but Axl's method is fucking retarded, and it leads to a lot of wasted time and money.

Again, these are just things that happened.  No ulterior motives.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
carmiedisco12
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #2424 on: December 02, 2014, 09:56:13 AM »

Geez I don't get onto this site much anymore but the level of delusion sadly hasn't diminished. It reminds me so much of my religious upbringing where those with a pre-disposed ideology would rubbish any fact and you just wind up in a circular argument before walking out wondering if you are alone in your sanity.

So how do you know the world isn't 6000 yrs old and the Bible isn't infallible???...."Because the Bible says it is the word of god" Or So why are the dinosaur bones.....? "Well the devil put them there to confuse people"......Or, so If Noah's ark is true how did Kangaroo's get to Australia......."Ummmm"

You see we all support and want the best for Axl and the band. The reason is we grew up with him, related to the lyrics, attitude, struggles and passion. The fact is he has released very little music despite taking over the reigns. To indulge in the wild speculations without ANY validity to excuse a lack of productivity really throws logic under the bus in favour of irrationality. I for one don't favour the "One of us or shut up" mentality here. In fact it creeps me out a little.

The other things that disappoints me is the repeated reason that he may not be releasing music because industry sales are down and fair play to him.....What?? Whatever happened to making music as an artistic expression? Whatever happened to creative outlets?? I thought money bought the freedom to express yourself without the confines of having to "sell out"? Whatever happened to the band that proclaimed "Freedom through artistic integrity" (I think the T-shirt said)......ahh we don't reckon we'll sell enough so stuff it??

Axl is a huge influence on my life and I'll always defend (where reasonable) him and always hold out for a (see I told you) type great album/s.....but sheesh. Divorcing myself from my faculties is a big price to pay to be a "fan"

Smiley

Rant over

[/quote]
« Last Edit: December 02, 2014, 10:04:49 AM by carmiedisco12 » Logged
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #2425 on: December 02, 2014, 10:05:02 AM »

Geez I don't get onto this site much anymore but the level of delusion sadly hasn't diminished. It reminds me so much of my religious upbringing where those with a pre-disposed ideology would rubbish any fact and you just wind up in a circular argument before walking out wondering if you are alone in your sanity.

So how do you know the world isn't 6000 yrs old and the Bible isn't infallible???...."Because the Bible says it is the word of god" Or So why are the dinosaur bones.....? "Well the devil put them there to confuse people"......Or, so If Noah's ark is true how did Kangaroo's get to Australia......."Ummmm"

You see we all support and want the best for Axl and the band. The reason is we grew up with him, related to the lyrics, attitude, struggles and passion. The fact is he has released very little music despite taking over the reigns. To indulge in the wild speculations without ANY validity to excuse a lack of productivity really throws logic under the bus in favour of irrationality. I for one don't favour the "One of us or shut up" mentality here. In fact it creeps me out a little.

I actually think its been better lately.  I see far more open and honest dialogue than when I first came here.

Next year is big, I think.  I think there is a general sense of optimism now, because there is a sense things might actually be moving again.  Next year comes and that optimism is fulfilled in terms of a tangible product, things will be great around here.

Next year comes with nothing, then you got troubles.  Then you got your two camps : "looks like more of the same bullshit" vs. "actually, he technically, *technically* I'm saying, never actually said..."

We know how that all goes : poorly.

Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #2426 on: December 02, 2014, 10:08:00 AM »

/jarmo

Dude, an entire band (APC) was created during this "wasted time".  That doesn't really seem like a productive use of time, IMO.

And, talking about Axl's sporadic attendance during the writing/recording of CD doesn't made the story "better", it makes it true.  Why is it so hard to accept that?  Those are the facts.  
carmiedisco12
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #2427 on: December 02, 2014, 10:13:41 AM »

[/quote]

I actually think its been better lately.  I see far more open and honest dialogue than when I first came here.

Yes it does seem that way, but what's the alternative?? A Vacuum? This site would be like an elderly woman waiting for weeks on end that a relative may drop by if it wasn't for a relaxation of policy.

APC is a great example. Maynard is a very non commercial artist, he makes and releases music according to his own timeframe and vision AND owns, and intimately runs a very lovely winery. a real passion that he follows. THIS is why he gains the respect of his fans and peers and Axl ...well, less so sadly. As an artist you must create, if you don't then you are simply a rock star.....not an artist. Surely that is a simple definition?
« Last Edit: December 02, 2014, 10:17:04 AM by carmiedisco12 » Logged
Ginger King
VIP

« Reply #2428 on: December 02, 2014, 10:16:20 AM »

Next year is big, I think.  I think there is a general sense of optimism now, because there is a sense things might actually be moving again.  Next year comes and that optimism is fulfilled in terms of a tangible product, things will be great around here.

Next year comes with nothing, then you got troubles.  Then you got your two camps : "looks like more of the same bullshit" vs. "actually, he technically, *technically* I'm saying, never actually said..."

We know how that all goes : poorly.

I agree.  Next year is really a statement year for them.  There is the rumored tour, plus Richard's latest comments on Axl putting vocals to songs (which can only be positive).  I hope it works out, but if it doesn't, we're right back to the semantics argument of what "done" and "very seriously" means.

You can't fault anyone that has a "see it before you believe it" approach to a new album.  
Ginger King
VIP

« Reply #2429 on: December 02, 2014, 10:27:49 AM »

Yes it does seem that way, but what's the alternative?? A Vacuum? This site would be like an elderly woman waiting for weeks on end that a relative may drop by if it wasn't for a relaxation of policy.

Yes.  A man can only take so many Happy Chris Days...
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2430 on: December 02, 2014, 10:44:37 AM »

I tend to chalk it up to them knowing there would be hell to pay if the night the spirit happened to move him to the studio at 2 AM is the night they decided to pack and go home early.

It's not a great system.

Or maybe the problem was that nobody asked?

Eh, this is just more of your persecution complex at work.  This stuff reads like an Axl homage of sorts, much of the time.  Like you are channeling the guy.

You really need to stop thinking you know people based on their posts on the Internet. It's somewhat creepy.

Saying they sat around waiting for an artist that never showed up, is not sensational.  Saying that they paid X amount of dollars to rent equipment for a month that never even got touched, is not sensational.  These are simply things that happened.

Yet you seem to think that either Axl personally did this or ordered people to do so....

Always with this need to ridicule others who have a different point of view.

How come none of you can understand that all your complaints, frustrations and general whining about GN'R is something some of us have been though a number of times already? What did we learn going through those cycles? That nothing changed. The actions didn't change anything. Yet some people keep going on and on.  Roll Eyes

/jarmo

carmiedisco12
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #2431 on: December 02, 2014, 10:49:30 AM »

Always with this need to ridicule others who have a different point of view.

How come none of you can understand that all your complaints, frustrations and general whining about GN'R is something some of us have been though a number of times already? What did we learn going through those cycles? That nothing changed. The actions didn't change anything. Yet some people keep going on and on.  Roll Eyes

Ummm pot/kettle??

Ridiculing people with a different point of view Jarmo?? Sheesh Smiley

This is a site to discuss the band. I don't think my PERSONAL VIEW will change anything. Obviously not. Is that the only reason to discuss an opinion or view? Really?

So what you are saying is please lack any observational skill and if you cant then please don't comment? The fact people CARE enough to express disappointment in a situation that is clearly, clearly disappointing is really an astounding testimony to the level os passion this band/Axl created. this is where I feel you are misunderstanding the people that make critical comment jarmo. To show disappointment (on a forum...not throwing stones or making threats) is healthy and it shows people actually give a damn. The alternative (in an irrefutably disappointing situation) is to not give a damn......or I guess if you are of a certain mindset, to clap and clap and clap and clap even when the music has stopped.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2014, 10:55:40 AM by carmiedisco12 » Logged
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2432 on: December 02, 2014, 10:58:22 AM »

So what you are saying is please lack any observational skill and if you cant then please don't comment?

What I'm saying is, if all you got to comment is how everything sucks, then you're on the wrong fucking site.
If you have a hard time saying anything nice about the band in 2014, you're on the wrong site.
If your universal answer to anything GN'R related is to blame the band, you're on the wrong site.

It's very simple.

All kinds of people come here. Some of them actually like the band. Others, not so much, but they like to point out how they support the band. Yet it's very difficult to find evidence of it. You have to ask them to say something nice for them to maybe do so. On a fan site! If you're more concerned about your online image than supporting the band, you might be on the wrong site.

/jarmo

carmiedisco12
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #2433 on: December 02, 2014, 11:05:58 AM »

Fair enough to expect a generally supportive site. No hassles. but you would find there would be far less 'counter balance' If you showed just a teensy weensy bit of balance yourself and acted like a fan rather than an employee. Sorry to be so rough in comment but you are a big boy and have heard it before.

One thing about GNR fans is that being told what to say and how to think will tend to draw a reaction. The fact we can all pick the moment this place became less available for open comment and that this moment coincided with certain.......ahh what's the point Smiley

You know what. Things seems to be on a very positive direction at the moment, so why ruin it. Happy xmas. lets hope for a new album and that it rocks. on that we can all agree. Positive signs.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2434 on: December 02, 2014, 11:18:17 AM »

Fair enough to expect a generally supportive site. No hassles. but you would find there would be far less 'counter balance' If you showed just a teensy weensy bit of balance yourself and acted like a fan rather than an employee. Sorry to be so rough in comment but you are a big boy and have heard it before.

I don't sugarcoat. If I don't agree with something, I'll let you know.

One thing about GNR fans is that being told what to say and how to think will tend to draw a reaction. The fact we can all pick the moment this place became less available for open comment and that this moment coincided with certain.......ahh what's the point Smiley

The problem isn't that simple.
You see, there's a few kinds of people. Some think it's their right to say what they want without any consequences. I'm not interested in supporting that kind of behavior here.
Some think they can say what they want as long as they keep pointing out they are fans. I'd say most of us here are fans, we don't need to prove it. Yet judging by posts these people make, it's hard to tell if they are fans in 2014, or if they were fans and now just stick around entertaining themselves by posting to pass the time and make a name for themselves.

Also, if you post something, you should be able to "defend" it. Without having to try to call the other person a brainwashed zombie, part of a religious cult or anything similar. If you can't, well then you're probably on the wrong site. You're not looking for a discussion, you just want to have a channel for posting your negative ramblings.

That kind of people who claim to be interested in discussions often offer very little evidence of wanting to engage in constructive discussions. It's a whole lot of whining. Because it's easier.

/jarmo

Ginger King
VIP

« Reply #2435 on: December 02, 2014, 11:20:44 AM »

So what you are saying is please lack any observational skill and if you cant then please don't comment?

What I'm saying is, if all you got to comment is how everything sucks, then you're on the wrong fucking site.
If you have a hard time saying anything nice about the band in 2014, you're on the wrong site.
If your universal answer to anything GN'R related is to blame the band, you're on the wrong site.

It's very simple.

All kinds of people come here. Some of them actually like the band. Others, not so much, but they like to point out how they support the band. Yet it's very difficult to find evidence of it. You have to ask them to say something nice for them to maybe do so. On a fan site! If you're more concerned about your online image than supporting the band, you might be on the wrong site.

/jarmo

Again with the extremes.  The choices are not devout follower or heathen.  And you wonder why people make comparisons to cults.  It?s not that black and white.  There is a lot of gray to look at.

No one here ? not even Johnny Negative Pants DX ? comments on how everything sucks all the time.  And we don?t just say positive things when prodded by you.  There are positive signs regarding the future (recent interviews, rumors of tour, blu-ray release) and there are negatives (Ron?s status, lack of information about plans, everyone?s various side gigs) that give some pause for concern.  I know it supports your narrative that we all really hate the band and spend our time here to satisfy our perverse goal to see it fail, but that?s just not true.

As for people coming here to improve their online image?if that?s really true, then folks have some larger issues to deal with (and should move out of their parent?s basement ASAP).  Where do you get the facts for that one?  I only post here, mainly because I ain?t got no time to post on multiple sites, and this one is where most of the intelligent conversation about the band takes place.  See, I just said your site was intelligent.  How can that make me the enemy?
gunsbetterthanever
Rocker

« Reply #2436 on: December 02, 2014, 11:45:31 AM »

IMO...and a little rambling so forgive me.

I want a NEW album, but I am realistic.  I feel it will happen eventually, but it is NUTS how long we have to wait.  They do not owe us anything, but still aggravating waiting.  Unless they announced like Billy Joel did that they are done with new material.  They say they are not done though!  And that is annoying b/c it has been 23 years with only 1 new album of original material.  I will say that on CD Axl sounds diff than he did in 2010 when he sounded beyond amazing.  He still has it on some nights, and others he is average...(I still would go no matter how he sounds)
   Jarmo does a great job defending GNR, sometimes too much, but it is his site.  I troll from time to time when I find the band is frustrating.  AND they ARE frustrating jarmo, but at the same time, I am happy there IS a band still, and I have bought in to how good the other musicians are in the current lineup.  Axl probably is the weakest link.  However, his voice at his age is really spectacular!
So in the end, the band is amazing! Axl sounds great for his age.  Some songs he sounds bad (you tube SCOM 92 Paris compared to SCOM 2011-2014 with no rasp), but realistically, when I saw him live, he sounded like...AXL ROSE...And on youtube, he sounded diff than in person.  I guess I am so excited when I am there live that if his voice lacks rasp, I don't notice. 

SO please another new album, and please another tour, and even if it was the similar setlist and all, I really would go every time.   Lastly, Setlist of last shows were sick!  Prostitute, TWAT and Yesterdays were the first time I felt a major change in the 2011-2014 Live era! 
GNR Better than EvA....But I want more.

....Hey Yeah.....Are ya Ready?
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2437 on: December 02, 2014, 11:46:08 AM »

I'm not arguing for the sale of arguing. Talking out of personal experiences.

Regarding your concern. The band played their last shows in June. It's about six months ago. Relax a little. Judging by comments made by Dizzy and Richard, things are happening. That's the whole point. We've had a pretty active band between 2008 and now. Yet sometimes it seems like we are reliving 2005 all over again....

I guess it's the old "be unhappy about what you don't have instead of grateful for what you got" syndrome. But I guess you have to be a brainwashed card carrying member of the religious zombie cult to be of the opinion that things haven't been so rotten after all....

/jarmo

gunsbetterthanever
Rocker

« Reply #2438 on: December 02, 2014, 11:51:11 AM »

Still can't believe they pulled out Yesterdays!  That was the best sign to me in last few years!  That was a major addition!  Anyone agree?

....Hey Yeah.....Are ya Ready?
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #2439 on: December 02, 2014, 11:55:45 AM »

99% negative whining about the band with 1% supposed positive commentary does not fool nor impress anyone.

Nobody has all these "disappontments" and "areas for concern" except the entitled-minded negative critics who parade their nonsense and personas around like they matter.

It gets old and boring having the same comments made and traded around by the same circle jerk of members here. It is always the same whining, negative commentary and criticisms of people that actually support GNR.

By all accounts GNR are working on music, why is this somehow a negative? I am looking forward to what 2015 brings.

Guess that makes me a zombiefied, brainwashed, card-carrying cult member here  peace
« Last Edit: December 02, 2014, 12:00:10 PM by EmilyGNR » Logged

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 492 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: