Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 05:56:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227936 Posts in 43254 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 119 120 [121] 122 123 ... 492 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1577682 times)
Ja5oN
Rocker

Maybe I'll get it right next time

« Reply #2400 on: December 01, 2014, 02:44:11 PM »

the last few pages of this discussion tends to portray the members as greedy rats chasing cheese.....on the flip side how about looking at them as musicians that like performing!

maybe that's why they have side projects?!?!

yes there is financial gain, but these guys enjoy it too....

GNR gives them a new audience and when they aren't GNR they do other things.

Ron came out and chatted with the fans the last time in Toronto about an hour before the show.....he did that because he enjoys it.....he wasn't selling tshirts or cds and spoke very candid and frank about anything you asked like "what happened to Madagascar in the set" or "what is delaying the dvd release" (two of the multitude of things I remember him answering admits telling funny stories about Pittman and Shwarma.

He wasn't out there chasing dollars

Toronto11/29/02 Ottawa11/17/06 London2/25/10
Vegas11/23&24/12 Toronto7/15/13(mic) Vegas5/28(whistle),30&31/14
Toronto7/16/16 Montreal 8/19/17 Ottawa 8/21/17
Toronto 10/29&30/17
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #2401 on: December 01, 2014, 02:46:29 PM »

Axl is still working on repeating number 6!

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #2402 on: December 01, 2014, 03:30:32 PM »

The guys are viewed as hired hands because well... they are .. so the conversation sometimes leads to how they get paid and how and why they stick around. 

it's nothing personal against them.

And to a man they all seem to be good guys.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #2403 on: December 01, 2014, 03:37:36 PM »

The infamous Burning Hills fax..classic.... hihi

LIVE!!!! From "Burning Hills", California...

Due to overwhelming enthusiasm, and that "DIVE IN AND FIND THE MONKEY" attitude....

#1. There will NOT be a Guns N' Roses tour.

#2. There will NOT be an official Guns N' Roses web site.

#3. There will NOT be any NEW Guns N' Roses videos.

#4. There will NOT be any new Guns N' Roses involved merhandise.

#5. There will NOT be a Guns N' Roses Fan Club.

#6. There will be a new Guns N' Roses 12 song minimum recording with
three original "B" sides.

NOTE: If all goes well this will be immediately repeated.

#7. However*******Slash will not be involved in any new Guns N' Roses
endeavors? as far has not been musically involved with Guns N" Roses
since April 1994 with the exception of a BRIEF feel period with Zakk
Wylde and a 2 week initial period with Guns N' Roses in the late fall
of '95. He (Slash) has been "OFFICIALLY and LEGALLY" outside of the
Guns N' Roses Partnership since December 31, 1995.

Nothing here is Subject To Change
                Without A PERMANENT SUSPENSION
                Of the "Pseudo Studio Musician Work Ethic"

SINCERELY,

W. Axl Rose

Big FD Ent., Inc.
Mike "Duff" McKagan

A lot of us still haven't recovered from this one huh?  hihi

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #2404 on: December 01, 2014, 03:48:52 PM »

The guys are viewed as hired hands because well... they are .. so the conversation sometimes leads to how they get paid and how and why they stick around. 

Agreed.  None of them seem like jerks.

And you can imagine some of the bullshit they have to hear.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #2405 on: December 01, 2014, 05:29:50 PM »

Due to overwhelming enthusiasm, and that "DIVE IN AND FIND THE MONKEY" attitude....

SINCERELY,

W. Axl Rose

Big FD Ent., Inc.
Mike "Duff" McKagan

Wow, that was pretty bad. Mainly just the "Slash will not be involved in any new GNR endeavors? as far as has not been musically involved with... with the exception of ...". What was that though? A fax or something? Was that actually meant to be read by fans?

I did like this one: "We feel that, unfortunately, we've never been really anything all that much more other than a throw it at the wall, see if it sticks, no real ground work, something to take advantage of, last quarter, cook the books, write-off, fuck this headache, hoping to get lucky scam". I like the usage of all the different idiomatic expressions. They make it really interesting to read. I've never even heard "cook the books" before but I can guess it's meaning based on the context.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2014, 05:44:50 PM by redneckrudy » Logged

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #2406 on: December 01, 2014, 06:09:02 PM »

I don't think referring to them as hired hands is a bad thing....

We all know Axl owns all the rights to Guns n Roses and none of the new members are part of the GNR partnership..

Axl paid them a salary during the recording process and a percentage of live gates while touring.

So right there is pretty much the definition of hired hands.

Even If the current version becomes no more than just a touring band, with band member changes at various times do to tour constraints, doesn't make it a bad thing at all.

We just have to except it for what it is
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #2407 on: December 01, 2014, 06:18:04 PM »

Agreed.  None of them seem like jerks.

And you can imagine some of the bullshit they have to hear.
I can only imagine how frustrating/irritating a lot of things has been for the band members and for Axl.

I have seen lots of pictures of the band, during the CD recording process and they never really look upset.   They look like there are having a good time and in enjoying the process

It seems the most irritating thing for some of the band, was having to deal with the influence of the label.  I n the form of dealing with label sent producers that may have had hidden agendas  Not to sound like to much of a label hater, but from all reports some of these label sent producers were truly out of touch and seemed to just want to justify there own position in life.   While not being able to produce any results, they would just stick to the same, Oh ya label, I cant produce this because of Axl...   Ugh
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #2408 on: December 01, 2014, 06:25:07 PM »

the last few pages of this discussion tends to portray the members as greedy rats chasing cheese.....on the flip side how about looking at them as musicians that like performing!

maybe that's why they have side projects?!?!

yes there is financial gain, but these guys enjoy it too....

GNR gives them a new audience and when they aren't GNR they do other things.

Ron came out and chatted with the fans the last time in Toronto about an hour before the show.....he did that because he enjoys it.....he wasn't selling tshirts or cds and spoke very candid and frank about anything you asked like "what happened to Madagascar in the set" or "what is delaying the dvd release" (two of the multitude of things I remember him answering admits telling funny stories about Pittman and Shwarma.

He wasn't out there chasing dollars

Yes I agree that the musicians/artists have a great job and seem like really nice guys.  I appreciate the effort that they put in to see and socialize with fans at shows.

However I also have a great job and get paid very well...   BUT if I couldn't work for say 1 year and even had to pick up some type of side gig during this time to pay the bills, while I wait for my full time job to start up again.   I would be pissed.  And possibly looking for another full time job with more stability
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #2409 on: December 01, 2014, 06:28:59 PM »

And Murphy, in my opinion yer trippin' about Axl's ramblings being gibberish. He is incredibly articulate with words and comes across as intelligent and clear as far as I can tell.

I cannot say I agree. I generally find Axl's ramblings utterly incomprehensible.

I agree with this totally.   Its like if you give Axl to much time to think about he wants to say, it comes across as very confusing..   Not to many straight answers. 

Those Axl online chats are a perfect example of this...   As wild and as cool and great it was for him to do it.  For a lot of the answers you are almost screaming at the screen for him to get to the point and just toss out a straight answer. 

His rants onstage are easy enough to follow.

Anytime he commits pen to paper (or types it out) its a mess.  Its why I don't have too much desire for an autobiography.  That would be a trainwreck.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #2410 on: December 01, 2014, 06:31:02 PM »

The funny thing is if you ask 10 different people (all who had direct contact with Axl over the years) the same question as to why X happened with Chinese Democracy ... you would get 10 different answers

The reason why Axl takes so much heat for it is because he made it solely on him and is the only common denominator over all the years.

It's not looking to rip him up... hes just the only person always in the middle of the bullseye.

Tommy, dizzy, pitman, etc...  Have been around since almost day one of this form of Guns.  I bet they have some great stories that I would love to hear and for what ever reason havnt
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #2411 on: December 01, 2014, 06:34:22 PM »

I don't think you know what you are talking about...at all. I am out of this one. hihi

Bless your heart for trying and for hanging in there for as long as you did.  rofl

Seriously, some of us did actually read what you posted and appreciate the clarifications/insight/info.  beer

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #2412 on: December 01, 2014, 06:38:59 PM »

What the fuck are you talking about? These guys are contracted musicians who Axl has paid a ton of money to and has taken care of for over a decade. These guys know what they got in to and are grown men. All the touring they have done puts food on the table for the band, the crew, the promoter, etc. This all comes from Axl and Gnr. 

They don't make money/royalties off record sales...they make salary and possibly some publishing money if their songs are used or played commercially.

But look at the YEARS spent doing nothing.  Don't you figure what kept them going was the eventual payoff?  Eventually, their own work would be out there, and not just them playing 'Mr. Brownstone' every night.

Some guys saw the writing on the wall and bailed.  Others stuck with it, presumably thinking it would all be worth it.

You think this is what they singed on for?  No singles, no interviews, no promotion.  To this day, we don't have a band photo.
I think what kept a lot of the band members going, was the chance to be rich once the album was released and they started getting paid for there song writing credits.  I remember reading a interview by a guitar player who was rumored to be recoding with guns way back when.  He said it doesn't matter how much how much he would of be paid to work in the studio, but if he got his name on a guns n roses album with a writing credit, it would be like hitting the lottery.
The rumored amount the artists were paid monthly was 11000, during the recording process.  I really don't think this is a lot of money.   150 000, is not a lot of money, well its not here.  And I don't really think it is especially if you are a rock star living in Malibu.  Hell I don't think its a lot of money and I live in But Fuck No Where
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #2413 on: December 01, 2014, 06:42:32 PM »

SINCERELY,

W. Axl Rose

Big FD Ent., Inc.
Mike "Duff" McKagan

Wow, that was pretty bad. Mainly just the "Slash will not be involved in any new GNR endeavors? as far as has not been musically involved with... with the exception of ...". What was that though? A fax or something? Was that actually meant to be read by fans?

Axl faxed it to MTV News on 10/31/96.

DX didn't even go to class that day.  Spent all day in the college library combing over literally 100s of message to Jeff's GNR mailing list.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
ice cream sand pig
VIP

« Reply #2414 on: December 01, 2014, 07:27:34 PM »

^^ Yeah, I guess that didn't seem to be too friendly of an open letter. Not very personal, just listing the facts. It's not impossible to understand but definitely a little lifeless.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #2415 on: December 01, 2014, 10:18:07 PM »

^^ Yeah, I guess that didn't seem to be too friendly of an open letter. Not very personal, just listing the facts. It's not impossible to understand but definitely a little lifeless.

And the thing was, that was no extemporaneous, one draft fax.  Those words were painstakenly chosen.

I remember thinking it sounded so forced.  Trying way, way too hard to be edgy and cryptic.

TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #2416 on: December 01, 2014, 10:50:53 PM »

And the thing was, that was no extemporaneous, one draft fax.  Those words were painstakenly chosen.

I remember thinking it sounded so forced.  Trying way, way too hard to be edgy and cryptic.

I my time I have been known to send out the odd drunk txt msgs and make the odd fri k phone call to some of my Exs

Mb when Axl has a little bit to much red wine, in stead of drunk txts, he sends out drunk faxses   He is after all human.  Haha
ice cream sand pig
VIP

« Reply #2417 on: December 01, 2014, 11:42:52 PM »

I my time I have been known to send out the odd drunk txt msgs and make the odd fri k phone call to some of my Exs

Mb when Axl has a little bit to much red wine, in stead of drunk txts, he sends out drunk faxses   He is after all human.  Haha

Haha, good old Baconman. You're one of the few around here that one is able to keep company with after 6 pm or so my time (Arizona).

While I wouldn't have chosen to alert fans about the future of GNR in that way, I do think Axl writes a pretty mean paragraph on a good day. The one that I chose the previous quote from is I think a pretty good example of that. I was hoping to see a more recent example of Axl's alleged gibberish if anyone happened to know of one. I was wondering if maybe the clarity of his ramblings has improved since that particular fax was released.

mortismurphy
« Reply #2418 on: December 02, 2014, 04:34:26 AM »

It is a curious writing style. He tends to state many unresolved ideas and leave them, enigmatic and open-ended, so you end up having as many questions as answers. Also, there is a definite 'Out Ta Get Me' complex: Slash, the record company, various ex-managers, Steph Seymour, the Hall of Fame - it is never Axl's fault, always somebody else's.
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #2419 on: December 02, 2014, 07:01:26 AM »

So you read one side of the story and decided based on that. How open minded of you.

Next.

/jarmo

So is your opinion that our only choices are it's either all Axl's faults or all the label's fault?  Why can't it be some combination of the two?  I mean, the label did pour a lot (and by a lot I mean the most ever contributed to an album) of money into getting CD finished.  And maybe they balked at a robust marketing plan...but, given that it was going to be released regardless, does that mean Axl should've gone into hibernation after the release, with limited public exposure?

My point, I think there's a sharing of fault between Axl and the label.  I also think that Chinese Whispers is not one sided.  It has quotes and articles from everyone involved in the process, including Axl.
Pages: 1 ... 119 120 [121] 122 123 ... 492 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: