Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 10, 2024, 07:54:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228027 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 297 298 [299] 300 301 ... 492 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1583836 times)
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #5960 on: January 27, 2017, 11:52:31 AM »

I think at the very least, an album announcement needs to come this year, while they're still riding high somewhat on the REUNION aura.  Meaning, 2018 or bust for the next album, if not, sooner.  I do not think that's realistic, nor do I believe in my heart that it will happen, given the history of this band and the folks running the show.   It's just what they should do to maintain the headlines they've been enjoying and for the mass public to really dig the news.  That said, the same could've been said in 2002 and 2006 for Axl.  We all know he's ultimately still the one holding the reigns, who knows if he can handle the pressure of delivering the album in a timely manner these days, with or without the label's support.

You announce AFD 30 in late May/early June (probably to coincide with the resumption of their tour in late May), with 2 bonus tracks of new material, for release on July 21st, 2017 (it's even a fucking Friday, which is when new music is released now, instead of Tuesdays!).

In September or October, you do some interviews or press or SOMETHING and let the world know the band is working on a new album/has recorded material for a new album with release for some time in 2018.

In March, you announce a release date of June something for the new album.

Done. Wink

If it were me, that's the way I'd do it, anyway.

That would be incredible!
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #5961 on: January 27, 2017, 12:01:26 PM »

Yeah, that would be amazing.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
bolton
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #5962 on: January 27, 2017, 12:13:54 PM »

I think there won't be a new album...

This tour isn't reunion tour this is Not in this liftime tpur rofl rofl

I think they will tour in the end of year in South America,then in 2018 Japan amd Asia again,then European summer tour Nd Norh America arenas tour...This will be the end.And probablly one of the biggest tours ever.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #5963 on: January 27, 2017, 12:24:16 PM »

I think they will tour in the end of year in South America,then in 2018 Japan amd Asia again,then European summer tour Nd Norh America arenas tour...This will be the end.And probablly one of the biggest tours ever.

I mean...if this is Axl and the Boys "Retirement party"...fair enough.

I just...I don't think that's what it is.  That's not the vibe I'm getting.  YMMV.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #5964 on: January 27, 2017, 07:01:47 PM »

I don't see this at all or understand. This will be one of the biggest years in rock n' roll history. This will be so cool and remembered for a long time, a very long time.

But then trying to offer the same show again in 2018 in the same places. Oh, wait, not the same venues but the ones neigbouring like two hours away from the last one. It just doesn't make any sense and I don't think too many people would be interested.

Some great places are not visited this year but there is a gig or two in the very vicinity. Helsinki Olympic Stadium is under renovation for a couple of years, Warsaw national stadium didn't get a gig and there's no gig in St. Petersburg or Tallinn.

But do the same show in those places? Yeah... I would go, many people would go and probably you could sell all those venues out somewhat easily actually.

But, really? Is that how you want to be remembered. Get some new music out, re-design the show, come up with a new meaningful tour name and there will be this buzz again.

If we suddenly get an announcement for some more dates in 2018 with nothing to offer I will not be happy.
Virolec
Rocker

« Reply #5965 on: January 27, 2017, 07:39:30 PM »

Suppose after this tour Slash records an album with MK and the Conspirators (which I think we would all agree can be done faster than Guns N' Roses recording a new album), and Duff and Axl have a guest appearance on one or two of the songs.  It wouldn't be Guns N' Roses... but I think most people would consider it at least deuterocanonical.  Especially if there was another Guns N' Roses tour afterwards, and they played that song/ those songs.  How'd that suit you?  I think for those of us who'd be delighted with, but aren't really expecting another full-length album of new (or at least, previously unreleased) material, that'd be a not-bad consolation prize, wouldn't it? 

Nargle them.  Fargle them.  Nargle-fargle them.
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #5966 on: January 27, 2017, 07:48:34 PM »

I think people  had unrealistic expectations regarding new music last year. They just got back together last year. Furthermore, Axl was helping AC/DC.  Give them time. If they don't come out with at least one new song by the end of  next year then I'll agree there will never be any new music.
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #5967 on: January 27, 2017, 07:52:32 PM »

I mean...if this is Axl and the Boys "Retirement party"...fair enough.

I just...I don't think that's what it is.  That's not the vibe I'm getting.  YMMV.

I'm not getting that sense either. I think they would actually state this is it. Joe Perry from Aerosmith was interviewed by Classic Rock magazine.  The interview was on Facebook today. He stated that Aerosmith will be touring for awhile, but this will be the final tour.  I can see Duff saying this as well IF this was the final tour.
zombux
Legend

watching the sky moves sideways...

« Reply #5968 on: January 28, 2017, 02:51:46 AM »

I'm not getting that sense either. I think they would actually state this is it. Joe Perry from Aerosmith was interviewed by Classic Rock magazine.  The interview was on Facebook today. He stated that Aerosmith will be touring for awhile, but this will be the final tour.  I can see Duff saying this as well IF this was the final tour.
Duff and Slash never said a word since the reunion started.

draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #5969 on: January 28, 2017, 08:46:19 AM »

I would imagine that Duff would say something.
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #5970 on: January 28, 2017, 03:57:48 PM »

I honestly see them as a touring band now- I expect to hear nothing new at all- I don't even expect at this point to get anything 'unreleased' from the archives. Heck, even a live album I'm not expecting when I really think about this.

Obviously I'd bite their hands off to get something I'd not heard before- but I'm not expecting it. I'm resigned to it. I'll take what shows I can manage to afford/get to, and (hopefully) enjoy them as much as I always have. It's sad in that I feel it's a waste of some massive talents, but they don't owe me anything.

I see the touring ending and radio silence being resumed, to be broken with another tour in about 3/4 years.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #5971 on: January 28, 2017, 03:59:03 PM »

There was that interview with Duff and Axl that was filmed- I don't remember who for though I'm afraid.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #5972 on: January 28, 2017, 04:33:04 PM »

There was that interview with Duff and Axl that was filmed- I don't remember who for though I'm afraid.

Brazilian media, Globo I believe.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #5973 on: January 28, 2017, 04:46:17 PM »

I honestly see them as a touring band now- I expect to hear nothing new at all- I don't even expect at this point to get anything 'unreleased' from the archives. Heck, even a live album I'm not expecting when I really think about this.

Obviously I'd bite their hands off to get something I'd not heard before- but I'm not expecting it. I'm resigned to it. I'll take what shows I can manage to afford/get to, and (hopefully) enjoy them as much as I always have. It's sad in that I feel it's a waste of some massive talents, but they don't owe me anything.

I see the touring ending and radio silence being resumed, to be broken with another tour in about 3/4 years.

All I'm saying is  to be a bit more realistic. They reunited last year along with Axl doing AC/DC. I would imagine it was a LOT of work, especially for Axl since he FRONTED two bands last year.  That's a lot. Right now, it's only January and they are in Asia.  I think realistically they'll release something next year. Maybe a song this year.  I think plenty of fans are overreacting.
Natalie
Headliner

« Reply #5974 on: January 28, 2017, 05:01:35 PM »

I had this feeling since day one. I think Axl wanted to give the fans what they wanted for so long.

A triumphant exit after all the unfair criticism he had to deal with all these years. But noone really knows
« Last Edit: January 28, 2017, 05:43:19 PM by Natalie » Logged

Athens 10/7/06 
Prague 4/7/17
Madrid 29/6/18 
Barcelona 1/7/18
Lincoln 15/10/19
Dallas 1/9/2021
Atlantic city  11&12/9/21
Madrid 9/6/23
Boston 21/8/23
Chicago 24/8/23
Seattle 14/10/23
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #5975 on: January 28, 2017, 06:02:48 PM »

All I'm saying is  to be a bit more realistic. They reunited last year along with Axl doing AC/DC. I would imagine it was a LOT of work, especially for Axl since he FRONTED two bands last year.  That's a lot. Right now, it's only January and they are in Asia.  I think realistically they'll release something next year. Maybe a song this year.  I think plenty of fans are overreacting.

Isn't it more realistic to assume we won't hear anything new though?

draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #5976 on: January 28, 2017, 06:53:10 PM »

I don't think it is. I just think the expectations  and assumptions aren't realistic. Give it time. If they don't release anything next year so be it.  At lest they reunited and most fans had the opportunity to go see them after 23 years.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #5977 on: January 28, 2017, 07:04:40 PM »

I had this feeling since day one. I think Axl wanted to give the fans what they wanted for so long.

A triumphant exit after all the unfair criticism he had to deal with all these years. But noone really knows

But Axl said at the China Exchange last year that there is interest in releasing new music. He has shown things to Slash and Duff.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #5978 on: January 28, 2017, 07:14:45 PM »

I don't think it is. I just think the expectations  and assumptions aren't realistic. Give it time. If they don't release anything next year so be it.  At lest they reunited and most fans had the opportunity to go see them after 23 years.

Ah right, I get you! You think expecting too much is unrealistic, but we may well see something in time? Yeah, fair enough. I'm still hopeful.

Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #5979 on: January 29, 2017, 12:42:19 PM »

But Axl said at the China Exchange last year that there is interest in releasing new music. He has shown things to Slash and Duff.
Yeah. I don't get why people think there's absolutely no intention from them. Sure you can be pessimistic about the release, but to say there's absolutely no chance even after the tour sounds too nihilist.

Pages: 1 ... 297 298 [299] 300 301 ... 492 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: