Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 08:05:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227795 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 303 304 [305] 306 307 ... 492 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1559346 times)
zombux
Legend

watching the sky moves sideways...

« Reply #6080 on: February 15, 2017, 09:42:09 AM »

New music with new musicians, not that much.
there's no music though, for 8,5 years as of now, and counting.

TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #6081 on: February 15, 2017, 10:08:25 AM »

Frankly as a fan, I would just like to hear the players that wrote the music play it. 

I guess this didn't stop you from enjoying the songs they released in the past that were written before certain line ups existed...  hihi

/jarmo

I have enjoyed every guns record released.  Not every song on every album however

I have enjoyed every guns concert I have been to.  Not every song I have heard or saw live at every concert however.

I sort of relate this lineup to that in 93iish (Frank-Matt, Richard-Gilby, Melisa-Horn Section).   It is what it is, play the songs that the majority of the group had a process in writing.  Which they did back in the day....

I am not presently a fan of hearing Duff and Slash play songs they had zero involvement in writing.   Mostly because I have never been give the chance to hear the actual writers of the songs play them.  Stick to what they have done and write some more original music with this current line up.  leave what Robin and Bucket wrote alone
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #6082 on: February 15, 2017, 10:14:15 AM »

New music with new musicians, not that much.
there's no music though, for 8,5 years as of now, and counting.
Thats exactly my point. Why make an album to promote your gigs when you are selling out stadiums as it is.

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #6083 on: February 15, 2017, 11:09:17 AM »

My take is that this is a brand new band ... whose core happens to be one of the most iconic cores of any hard rock band ever...and they are just getting started...

Saying they haven't released an album in 9 years really doesn't make any sense ...that band and the guys that came in during the middle are long gone.

Right now they are absolutely crushing this tour and people should just enjoy it .., in a few years if there's no talk of anything new creatively then I get the grumbling...

If you lose sleep at night about hearing The General at this point I suggest you take a deep breath and do something else.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #6084 on: February 15, 2017, 11:21:11 AM »

I have enjoyed every guns record released.  Not every song on every album however

I have enjoyed every guns concert I have been to.  Not every song I have heard or saw live at every concert however.

I sort of relate this lineup to that in 93iish (Frank-Matt, Richard-Gilby, Melisa-Horn Section).   It is what it is, play the songs that the majority of the group had a process in writing.  Which they did back in the day....

I am not presently a fan of hearing Duff and Slash play songs they had zero involvement in writing.   Mostly because I have never been give the chance to hear the actual writers of the songs play them.  Stick to what they have done and write some more original music with this current line up.  leave what Robin and Bucket wrote alone

But you've never heard Axl, West Arkeen, Del James and Billy McCloud play Yesterdays..? Do you want them to stop playing that? Wink
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #6085 on: February 15, 2017, 11:44:41 AM »

But you've never heard Axl, West Arkeen, Del James and Billy McCloud play Yesterdays..? Do you want them to stop playing that? Wink

You're wasting your time Adz.  You're trying to talk sense to a poster who proves with every post that he has zero interest in a Slash/Duff/Axl reunion and only...literally only...wants to hear Chinese Democracy II.  He would also like said album to make up the bulk of the current setlists, peppered maybe with a few of the older big hits. Oh, but wait, he has no interest in seeing Slash & Duff play on said songs, so bring back Robin Finck & Tommy. Then he'll be cool.  Rational, right?  Roll Eyes
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #6086 on: February 15, 2017, 12:52:20 PM »

Would a vault-clearing 'Chinese- era' box set keep people happy for a bit? It definitely would me. I'd love that, way more than any older era 'demos/early versions' type release.

I've got a ridiculously high interest in the stuff that was written/recorded during this period. Way more than older stuff. Do others feel the same, or am I in the minority?

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #6087 on: February 15, 2017, 01:25:23 PM »

I've been scratching my head for a bit, trying to think of another band that's had any kind of parallel history to GNR.  Utterly pointless, but what the heck.  If I wanted to do something productive with my evening, I'd not be doing it on a rock band message board!

The only I can really think of is Celtic Frost.  A relatively slim back catalogue from their heyday in the mid 80s and early 90s (very influential, very good albums, just not many of them.  Plus one utter stinker of an album everyone now politely ignores).  A pretty constant state of upheaval in the lineups, with some constant members, splitting, getting back together, hating each other intensely and publicly.   Then... nothing.  Years of rumours, compilations... finally in 2006 two of the original members plus some studio guys get back together, put out the mighty Monothiest album, tour to great acclaim, then fall apart again two years later in ugly public fall-outs.

It's missing a Chinese Democracy equivalent, but would you take it?  A final, acclaimed, mighty album to bow out on, followed by a trademark divorce?

So would you rather have one final album and then disband or... continue to play the hits forever and ever ?

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #6088 on: February 15, 2017, 01:36:32 PM »

You're wasting your time Adz.  You're trying to talk sense to a poster who proves with every post that he has zero interest in a Slash/Duff/Axl reunion and only...literally only...wants to hear Chinese Democracy II.  He would also like said album to make up the bulk of the current setlists, peppered maybe with a few of the older big hits. Oh, but wait, he has no interest in seeing Slash & Duff play on said songs, so bring back Robin Finck & Tommy. Then he'll be cool.  Rational, right?  Roll Eyes

I have zero interest in seeing Slash Duff and Axl play a show I have already seen, that's right.

I have never once said I want to hear this Chinese Democracy 11 or to have this mystery album played live for the bulk of set lists......

So to put words in my own mouth, here it goes.

This 3 man reunion is great as a one off show.  I enjoyed seeing the show live when I did last year.

What I would like from this band now is....

1)  Interviews
2)  When returning to a country they previously played a year prior a change in the show
3)  When they play back to back nights in a local market for a drastic change in one of the setlists
4)  To focus on playing songs this line up and a process in making (i.e more than a couple of guys).  So what I mean is I do not want this band to play CD songs or cover songs.
5)  Did I mention cover songs
6)  new original music by this current lineup played live.  I would love this current lineup to write a song and play it live
7)  Unreleased vault music, finally released and untouched and never played live unless the people that wrote the songs are playing it

I want the current band to play there music, I wanted past lineups to play there music.  

My ultimate goal for a concert would be to see.   Every major line up of guns play.  Start with the AFD guys, bring out matt and gilby, then get into the CD era, bring out bucket and robin, then have a huge group finally.  Embrace the past and future.  
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #6089 on: February 15, 2017, 01:37:41 PM »

I've been scratching my head for a bit, trying to think of another band that's had any kind of parallel history to GNR.  Utterly pointless, but what the heck.  If I wanted to do something productive with my evening, I'd not be doing it on a rock band message board!

The only I can really think of is Celtic Frost.  A relatively slim back catalogue from their heyday in the mid 80s and early 90s (very influential, very good albums, just not many of them.  Plus one utter stinker of an album everyone now politely ignores).  A pretty constant state of upheaval in the lineups, with some constant members, splitting, getting back together, hating each other intensely and publicly.   Then... nothing.  Years of rumours, compilations... finally in 2006 two of the original members plus some studio guys get back together, put out the mighty Monothiest album, tour to great acclaim, then fall apart again two years later in ugly public fall-outs.

It's missing a Chinese Democracy equivalent, but would you take it?  A final, acclaimed, mighty album to bow out on, followed by a trademark divorce?

So would you rather have one final album and then disband or... continue to play the hits forever and ever ?

If I was given the choice.

I would pick a new album over a touring band that plays older songs ever show.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #6090 on: February 15, 2017, 01:38:52 PM »

Havnt they already stopped playing it?
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #6091 on: February 15, 2017, 02:25:38 PM »

My take is that this is a brand new band ... whose core happens to be one of the most iconic cores of any hard rock band ever...and they are just getting started...

Saying they haven't released an album in 9 years really doesn't make any sense ...that band and the guys that came in during the middle are long gone.

Right now they are absolutely crushing this tour and people should just enjoy it .., in a few years if there's no talk of anything new creatively then I get the grumbling...

If you lose sleep at night about hearing The General at this point I suggest you take a deep breath and do something else.

That's how YOU feel though and that's fine.

I am not one to put time frames on how others should feel.  You said give it a few years and you will get it.    I get it now.  Just cause a few years works for you doesn't make it right.

I personally feel this is a touring act.  It is what it is.  I don't think we will ever see or hear anything new from this current lineup.  I am glad I know this going into any future shows
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #6092 on: February 15, 2017, 02:29:23 PM »

I am not one to put time frames on how others should feel.  You said give it a few years and you will get it.    I get it now.  Just cause a few years works for you doesn't make it right.

I personally feel this is a touring act.  It is what it is.  I don't think we will ever see or hear anything new from this current lineup.  I am glad I know this going into any future shows

I absolutely am not telling anybody how they should feel , but to expect a new album from this version of the band is unrealistic at this point.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #6093 on: February 15, 2017, 02:47:16 PM »

I absolutely am not telling anybody how they should feel , but to expect a new album from this version of the band is unrealistic at this point.

I think expecting a new album from any version of this band is unrealistic really.  The previous line up had years to work on something and release it and even publicly talked and supported it.  If we are going to see something, it would of been then.  Def not now or any time soon.

Its more on accepting fans being frustrated with the reality of things.  I totally get.  Cool be happy with what we got to see here in North America last year.  It was great.  Also at the same time people can be frustrated with what we don't have and what this has become
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #6094 on: February 15, 2017, 05:29:04 PM »

I think expecting a new album from any version of this band is unrealistic really.  The previous line up had years to work on something and release it and even publicly talked and supported it.  If we are going to see something, it would of been then.  Def not now or any time soon.

Its more on accepting fans being frustrated with the reality of things.  I totally get.  Cool be happy with what we got to see here in North America last year.  It was great.  Also at the same time people can be frustrated with what we don't have and what this has become

IMO, a new album from this band is the most realistic thing we?ve had in decades.  For lack of a better term, I think Axl gave up on having GnR being accepted his way (i.e. without any AFD members).  The proof was in the pudding (although we dig CD, it hasn?t resonated well with the public, the shows they were doing pre-reunion were in smaller venues, tickets were way cheaper, there was no real buzz about the band, etc.). 

All of that has changed with the reunion.  Tickets sales (and prices) are through the roof, they?re playing stadiums (and regularly selling them out), and there?s a shit ton of buzz about the band and how they were one of the top performing acts in 2016.  To me, now is the most realistic time to put out a new album (whether it?s re-constituted CD songs or new material).  It will hit the top of the charts Day 1, and will get consistent air play Day 1.  No question. 

Now, all the reunion success could work against a new album, too.  That Guns is now ?accepted? universally again because Slash and Duff have rejoined could turn Axl off to wanting to release vault material, and just focus on touring.  I also think the vault/CDII/whatever you call it represents the best chances of new music.  I can?t see them releasing an entire album of completely new material.  Maybe a couple of songs.  I am really hoping that they have some surprises around the 30th anniversary of AFD. 
(t)
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #6095 on: February 15, 2017, 05:47:43 PM »

Would a vault-clearing 'Chinese- era' box set keep people happy for a bit? It definitely would me. I'd love that, way more than any older era 'demos/early versions' type release.

I've got a ridiculously high interest in the stuff that was written/recorded during this period. Way more than older stuff. Do others feel the same, or am I in the minority?

I feel as you do.
dont_damn_me
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #6096 on: February 15, 2017, 06:09:36 PM »

I like this point of view..although a CD boxset sure would be nice in the meantime.
rebelhipi
Legend

« Reply #6097 on: February 16, 2017, 05:14:22 AM »

I feel as you do.
Same here.

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
rebelhipi
Legend

« Reply #6098 on: February 16, 2017, 05:23:58 AM »

My ultimate goal for a concert would be to see.   Every major line up of guns play.  Start with the AFD guys, bring out matt and gilby, then get into the CD era, bring out bucket and robin, then have a huge group finally.  Embrace the past and future.  

That would be the tits. Kinda like the Freddy Mercury tribute show on reverse. Axl being there for all the songs, with changing lineups through the set, ending with Paradise with 5 drummers, 9 guitarists, 2 bass players, and 3 keyboardists.!
« Last Edit: February 16, 2017, 05:40:19 AM by rebelhipi » Logged

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #6099 on: February 17, 2017, 02:36:17 PM »

I like the people who talk about it as if its not just a name on a screen.  Who the hell knows what it sounds like?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Pages: 1 ... 303 304 [305] 306 307 ... 492 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: