Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 09:08:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227782 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 302 303 [304] 305 306 ... 492 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1558426 times)
GNR4LIFEJD
Rocker

« Reply #6060 on: February 13, 2017, 07:28:51 PM »

I don't want to be a conspiracy theorist but in regards to the lack of Chinese Democracy songs being played on the radio. How much of it was DJ's just not wanting to play it and give it a chance because of the History of GNR and who built it. Chinese Democracy could have been called the next "White Album" and there still would have been millions of people who just wouldn't give it the time of day because it wasn't Slash/Duff and whoever else they would have wanted. I think "Better" could have been a huge radio hit for the album if it got played regularly but for some reason it didn't.
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #6061 on: February 13, 2017, 10:34:18 PM »

I don't want to be a conspiracy theorist but in regards to the lack of Chinese Democracy songs being played on the radio. How much of it was DJ's just not wanting to play it and give it a chance because of the History of GNR and who built it. Chinese Democracy could have been called the next "White Album" and there still would have been millions of people who just wouldn't give it the time of day because it wasn't Slash/Duff and whoever else they would have wanted. I think "Better" could have been a huge radio hit for the album if it got played regularly but for some reason it didn't.

Axl had to work twice as hard to sell this new endeavor.  This was going to take a big sell job.

Instead, he went the complete other way.  He never gave it a chance.

A little gladhanding would have gone a long way.  That's the job.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Slashrose
Rocker

Twitter - @sonicmonstersk8

« Reply #6062 on: February 14, 2017, 07:28:54 AM »

Axl is like Michael Jackson, recorded hundreds of songs to release after death and enrich Geffen.

I really can not understand, he had a really productive period between 1998-2004, we know he has 4 albums recorded, maybe ready for a release.
We have not heard anything else since the other members left

I hope Axl has the compassion to release these songs, even if he does not like them all.
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #6063 on: February 14, 2017, 07:57:30 AM »

Axl is like Michael Jackson, recorded hundreds of songs to release after death and enrich Geffen.

I really can not understand, he had a really productive period between 1998-2004, we know he has 4 albums recorded, maybe ready for a release.

I hope Axl has the compassion to release these songs, even if he does not like them all.
I think the biggest chance to get them out is a Chinese Democracy deluxe box set.

Would be weird to release a album full of Robin, Bumblefoot, Buckethead, Tommy, with Slash and Duff currently in the band.

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
Johnnyblood
VIP

Nothing.

« Reply #6064 on: February 14, 2017, 08:07:21 AM »

Axl had to work twice as hard to sell this new endeavor.  This was going to take a big sell job.

Instead, he went the complete other way.  He never gave it a chance.

A little gladhanding would have gone a long way.  That's the job.

It was also a timing issue. There was a period of white hot interest in the new GNR album. It probably peaked after the HOR and Rio shows in early 01. There was supposed to be an album that spring. If there had been, I think it would have been huge event. Unfortunately there was no album in spring 01. Nor was there in 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07... you let energy drain for 5-7 years, it's not a good thing.

I've seen enough.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #6065 on: February 14, 2017, 09:39:34 AM »

You are giving current DJs way to much credit for what is played on radios currently

In Canada, ratio stations are owned my huge national companies.   There are hundreds of local stations that are all pooled together and follow the same format from city to city for programing.   The producers of the shows have a set list of songs on rotation to pick through and they get cycled.  There is nothing sinister happening from any DJ preventing any song from being played.   

The cycling of songs has gotten so bad here, I will switch the station and some times find the same song on 3 different stations at the same time!   brutal, only so many times I can hear 21 Pilots...

CD the song is played still hear in Canada on a GNR rotation because it was a hit here in Canada and the album CD sold well here in Canada, that is the only reason.   No other song from the album is ever played here because
A) They where never released
B)  They where not hits

D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #6066 on: February 14, 2017, 09:42:09 AM »

It was also a timing issue. There was a period of white hot interest in the new GNR album. It probably peaked after the HOR and Rio shows in early 01. There was supposed to be an album that spring. If there had been, I think it would have been huge event. Unfortunately there was no album in spring 01. Nor was there in 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07... you let energy drain for 5-7 years, it's not a good thing.

True.  And honestly, I think Axl was just worn down by it all by the end.

The heart of the new band he put together (Bucket, Robin, Paul, Brain) was long gone.  He was taking the stage with guys he clearly was not as excited about.

I think he was eventually just looking for a way out and just be done with it.  So you get a half ass release, no interest or effort in promoting it, and you just sort of keep plugging along.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #6067 on: February 14, 2017, 09:44:22 AM »

I think the biggest chance to get them out is a Chinese Democracy deluxe box set.

Would be weird to release a album full of Robin, Bumblefoot, Buckethead, Tommy, with Slash and Duff currently in the band.

Meh I wouldn't think it would be so weird

Brian, Paul and Bucket where huge on CD and the album was released after all had left the band.  I am sure all would be featured huge on any vault stuff

It would all be how it is promoted.  

This current lineup really has nothing to do with stuff that was previously recorded.  

I would prefer to hear something fresh, from this lineup and just release the music that was written and recorded by others as is.....

I really do not want to hear Slashs take on a Buckethead solo, as little as I wanted to hear Robins take on a Slash solo...   I would like to hear an artist play there own music.

But

I would say neither happens
rebelhipi
Legend

« Reply #6068 on: February 14, 2017, 10:57:30 AM »

Brian, Paul and Bucket where huge on CD and the album was released after all had left the band.  I am sure all would be featured huge on any vault stuff

This current lineup really has nothing to do with stuff that was previously recorded.  

I would prefer to hear something fresh, from this lineup and just release the music that was written and recorded by others as is.....

I really do not want to hear Slashs take on a Buckethead solo, as little as I wanted to hear Robins take on a Slash solo...   I would like to hear an artist play there own music.

But

I doubt that Slash and Duff would want to even play over parts written by Tommy and Bucket ect for a new album. And if they would it would be a slap on the face for that ''nu-gnr'' lineup who worked hard on that material.

When Robin, Tommy ect. Joined the band they started fresh, scrapping the material done prior to 1996.
Now i suspect them doing the same. Or going back to the stuff they did in 1996.

Anyhow, im more interested i hearing those ''chinese leftouts'' hihi than anything else gnr has to offer. Studio material wise atleast.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2017, 11:00:20 AM by rebelhipi » Logged

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
The Wight Gunner
VIP

« Reply #6069 on: February 14, 2017, 11:07:14 AM »

But

I doubt that Slash and Duff would want to even play over parts written by Tommy and Bucket ect for a new album. And if they would it would be a slap on the face for that ''nu-gnr'' lineup who worked hard on that material.

When Robin, Tommy ect. Joined the band they started fresh, scrapping the material done prior to 1996.

Anyhow, im more interested i hearing those ''chinese leftouts'' hihi than anything else gnr has to offer. Studio material wise atleast.
What like TIL, CD Sorry and Better.... Plus you won't have the evidence either they've done a note for note thing or have completely rewritten the songs, unless a vault empty release is gonna happen. I'm not saying you are wrong, just that all you have is speculation, like the rest of us
« Last Edit: February 14, 2017, 11:09:26 AM by The Wight Gunner » Logged
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #6070 on: February 14, 2017, 11:19:00 AM »

But

What like TIL, CD Sorry and Better.... Plus you won't have the evidence either they've done a note for note thing or have completely rewritten the songs, unless a vault empty release is gonna happen. I'm not saying you are wrong, just that all you have is speculation, like the rest of us

So you had songs on CD that where written by former band members, that where toured and supported by another group of former band members and are now toured and supported by a brand new group of band members    More people have toured and played the material on CD than actually wrote the music.

Frankly as a fan, I would just like to hear the players that wrote the music play it.  I would like to hear the original music released untouched.  I would like to hear original music written by this current lineup as well.   

Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #6071 on: February 14, 2017, 12:01:35 PM »

They should just start recording without expectations. I think what hurt Axl with Chinese Democracy was wanting to release the Greatest and most perfect album. And that's crazy, because there is no greatest and there is no perfect, so that's just Chasing an Illusion. Oh wait... that sounds like an album title.  hihi

Just have fun with creating songs without wanting to create the new Sweet Child o Mine or November Rain.

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
Slashrose
Rocker

« Reply #6072 on: February 14, 2017, 12:08:59 PM »

Man, what a great idea, to launch a box-set with 4 albums, in a deluxe version, would be surreal
Slashrose
Rocker

« Reply #6073 on: February 14, 2017, 12:12:29 PM »

Why the hell were Slash and Duff recording new songs last year?

Rumors were that they would launch a kind of greatest hits part two, but it does not sound so inspiring to Axl Rose.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #6074 on: February 14, 2017, 12:19:04 PM »

They should just start recording without expectations. I think what hurt Axl with Chinese Democracy was wanting to release the Greatest and most perfect album. And that's crazy, because there is no greatest and there is no perfect, so that's just Chasing an Illusion. Oh wait... that sounds like an album title.  hihi

Just have fun with creating songs without wanting to create the new Sweet Child o Mine or November Rain.

I think what hurt CD was Axl himself.

Seems likes he wants everything to be perfect and for every piece of work to be the best ever.   So when he has full control over a project that's how it turns out......    So nothing is ever perfect, so nothing ever gets released.   

What is best for fans that want to hear new music from this band is for Axl to be in a partnership with others where Axl doent have a majority say, but a equal say.  A say that can be overridden by others if they pool there votes together.
Virolec
Rocker

« Reply #6075 on: February 14, 2017, 07:54:00 PM »

I've been scratching my head for a bit, trying to think of another band that's had any kind of parallel history to GNR.  Utterly pointless, but what the heck.  If I wanted to do something productive with my evening, I'd not be doing it on a rock band message board!

The only I can really think of is Celtic Frost.  A relatively slim back catalogue from their heyday in the mid 80s and early 90s (very influential, very good albums, just not many of them.  Plus one utter stinker of an album everyone now politely ignores).  A pretty constant state of upheaval in the lineups, with some constant members, splitting, getting back together, hating each other intensely and publicly.   Then... nothing.  Years of rumours, compilations... finally in 2006 two of the original members plus some studio guys get back together, put out the mighty Monothiest album, tour to great acclaim, then fall apart again two years later in ugly public fall-outs.

It's missing a Chinese Democracy equivalent, but would you take it?  A final, acclaimed, mighty album to bow out on, followed by a trademark divorce?

Nargle them.  Fargle them.  Nargle-fargle them.
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #6076 on: February 15, 2017, 07:02:23 AM »

well, at this point, it's only a question of motivation.

when you were so famous, what goals do you still have to reach?
they made the best debut album of rock history, maybe they can focus on doing the best last album?

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #6077 on: February 15, 2017, 07:48:44 AM »

Frankly as a fan, I would just like to hear the players that wrote the music play it. 

I guess this didn't stop you from enjoying the songs they released in the past that were written before certain line ups existed...  hihi

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #6078 on: February 15, 2017, 07:53:25 AM »

It's crazy just because a former guitarist wearing a top hat returns they can fill stadiums,GnR played Dublin in 2012 no not that one in a  12k capacity venue which  was just over half full most of the seating area was blanked off with huge covers,now they have sold 85k tickets for slane in a few hours.

I do find that sort of strange really. Music fans are increasingly fickle and easily led though- they like what they're told to like, and in 2012 nobody was telling anyone they should like GNR....

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
rebelhipi
Legend

« Reply #6079 on: February 15, 2017, 08:25:44 AM »

It's crazy just because a former guitarist wearing a top hat returns they can fill stadiums,GnR played Dublin in 2012 no not that one in a  12k capacity venue which  was just over half full most of the seating area was blanked off with huge covers,now they have sold 85k tickets for slane in a few hours.

I do find that sort of strange really. Music fans are increasingly fickle and easily led though- they like what they're told to like, and in 2012 nobody was telling anyone they should like GNR....
Very true.

Nostagia sells, hype sells.

New music with new musicians, not that much.

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
Pages: 1 ... 302 303 [304] 305 306 ... 492 Go Up Print 
« previous next »