Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:15:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Donald Trump & 2016 Election
Pages: 1 ... 188 189 [190] 191 192 ... 194 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Donald Trump & 2016 Election  (Read 482613 times)
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #3780 on: March 15, 2020, 07:47:37 AM »

At least Biden admits voting for the Iraq war was a mistake and regrets it. Show me where Trump has ever admitted he was wrong and regretted something.

And lets not ignore WHY Biden voted the way he did.

Because a Republican administration flat out LIED about the intelligence they had about WMDs, and it's veracity.

So, Biden's ultimate mistake was he trusted a Republican administration.  Along with a LOT of dems, because, historically, this kind of stuff was bipartisan and the thought that a Republican administration would deviate from "the norm" and politicize the process was unthinkable.

Of course, THEN, he and Obama ended both combat missions that were Bush leftovers, and drastically reduced troops in Iraq and Afghanistan.

To add to all that: Trump has actually expanded global troop deployments, as of December 2019, during his presidency.

https://www.foreignaffairs.com/articles/2019-12-03/trump-didnt-shrink-us-military-commitments-abroad-he-expanded-them

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/21/world/middleeast/us-troops-deployments.html

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-not-ending-endless-wars-increasing-us-forces-middle-east-2019-10

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #3781 on: March 15, 2020, 10:46:11 AM »

At least Biden admits voting for the Iraq war was a mistake and regrets it. Show me where Trump has ever admitted he was wrong and regretted something.

And lets not ignore WHY Biden voted the way he did.

Because a Republican administration flat out LIED about the intelligence they had about WMDs, and it's veracity.

So, Biden's ultimate mistake was he trusted a Republican administration.  Along with a LOT of dems, because, historically, this kind of stuff was bipartisan and the thought that a Republican administration would deviate from "the norm" and politicize the process was unthinkable.

Of course, THEN, he and Obama ended both combat missions that were Bush leftovers, and drastically reduced troops in Iraq and Afghanistan.

To add to all that: Trump has actually expanded global troop deployments, as of December 2019, during his presidency.

https://www.foreignaffairs.com/articles/2019-12-03/trump-didnt-shrink-us-military-commitments-abroad-he-expanded-them

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/21/world/middleeast/us-troops-deployments.html

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-not-ending-endless-wars-increasing-us-forces-middle-east-2019-10

No

He knew what he was doing and he made a political calculation like most of em with that decision.

Now senile grampa wants to be president - good luck - this is a disaster
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #3782 on: March 15, 2020, 03:59:17 PM »

Donna B. gave Hillary debate questions. Why ignore facts and be in denial? Liberals openly admit the DNC influenced the election. You know why they did? Because they know they would get away with it. They know people like you have their heads up their asses, and liberals who actually recognize election interference will just accept whatever “their” party does. And they were right!

... so you're saying it was not tampered. Having debate *topics* (not questions) beforehand is not election tampering.  Roll Eyes

Why ignore facts and be in denial?

They know people like you have their heads up their asses

You need to stop with the personal insults. Jarmo does not abide.

Calling Trump a war monger. Hahaha!!! You have totally lost your mind. Hang in there bro.

Prepare to swallow your dignity when you cast that vote for biden in nov.  rofl

Ah, so you admit the rest is true, then? Never thought I'd see the day when Sandman has a glimmer of sanity peak through and admits Trump is an old, wall street friendly, white, career criminal and pedophile with dementia.

But hey, don't let his support of the Iraq War, which he tries to rewrite history like Joseph fucking Goebbels on, stop you from lying on his behalf, too!

If it comes down to Biden vs Trump, that will be the easiest decision I've ever made in my life. Your assumptions about me are hilariously juvenile. Just because I do not jump to conclusions (like you) before the race is over must mean I am supporting the guy who is behind at the moment. Oy vey. Roll Eyes

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #3783 on: March 15, 2020, 04:00:47 PM »

So voting for an unnecessary war, but admitting it was wrong, is better than anything trump has done???

Better than supporting an unnecessary war and LYING about it because you refuse to admit you were wrong.

PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #3784 on: March 15, 2020, 04:03:40 PM »

Oh shit. Sandman will avoid this like his life depends on it.  hihi

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #3785 on: March 15, 2020, 05:50:05 PM »

No

He knew what he was doing and he made a political calculation like most of em with that decision.

Now senile grampa wants to be president - good luck - this is a disaster

Sorry but...yes.  And your dislike of Biden as a candidate or whatever (he's not my first choice either) doesn't change that I laid out what factually, actually, happened, according to both history and the anecdotal testimony of those who ACTUALLY voted at the time.

The Bush administration and his cronies presented "evidence" to both Congress and the UN that claimed they had irrefutable, positive, absolute proof that Iraq had WMDs.  Hell, Colin Powell was so disgusted by the way he was used by the Bush Admin, he basically called Bush, and his entire administration, shit stains on the world.

And THATS the information that congress based their votes on.  They did not believe that "evidence" was politically motivated.

It wasn't til far later that it was shown this "evidence" was sketchy at best, and flat out lies, at worst. And that it was a political machination from Bush and his inner circle (aka Cheyney).

And when that became apparent Biden (and many others who voted in favor) changed their opinion.

That's what happened.  That's history.  

You can ascribe whatever motive you want to his vote or his reversal, be as cynical in your interpretation as you want, and form whatever opinion you want around it.  But if you're going to do that, I'd suggest, if you want people to agree, that you present more than just "No, they're lying".  Because that's what we've got here:  Dozens of members of congress saying they voted the way they did because they were misled by the administration vs your opinion, otherwise.  I just....I have no reason to discount dozens of people who all said and say the same thing vs....a random assertion based on?Huh

I am laying out the timelines, and his self described motives and motivations for his votes.  If you have evidence he (and other members of congress) had different motivations, I'd love to see them.  I never have.

So, not "No".  Yes.  Your interpretation of those facts can be whatever you want them to be.  But that's what happened.  And that's the common interpretation of WHY it happened.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2020, 05:58:00 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

« Reply #3786 on: March 15, 2020, 06:23:04 PM »

Defending a career politician's motives as if you know him just because you are now falling in line because he's your nominee
This not a man of principle and this is not a man who was duped by bad Bush intelligence.
The country was on war-footing and Sadaam was next.
He didn't oppose the massive damage that war was going to unleash on the Iraqi population because like most politicians he made a calculation and the lives of people "over there" meant jack squat to him and you damn well know it.

« Last Edit: March 15, 2020, 08:32:44 PM by COMAMOTIVE » Logged
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #3787 on: March 15, 2020, 08:34:50 PM »

Trump’s handling of the coronavirus was not good initially. I think he got better today. The results will speak for themselves, and we will not be able to fully assess until all the stats are final. But his communication in the initial weeks was not good. Much better today.  We’ll see how well we do.

Stay healthy, everyone.

That's an understatement. He botched it royally.
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

« Reply #3788 on: March 15, 2020, 08:46:10 PM »

Trump’s handling of the coronavirus was not good initially. I think he got better today. The results will speak for themselves, and we will not be able to fully assess until all the stats are final. But his communication in the initial weeks was not good. Much better today.  We’ll see how well we do.

Stay healthy, everyone.

Good and Bad

His decision to shut down China travelers so soon has no doubt saved lives

His inability to just be a calm voice and defer to the experts is what makes him jerk-off in chief.
Constantly telling us it's under control and how great his decisions are - he is a ludicrous human being and looks more ridiculous by the day with some of those early statements.

Obama would have been very good in that regard.

« Last Edit: March 15, 2020, 08:49:36 PM by COMAMOTIVE » Logged
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #3789 on: March 15, 2020, 11:40:08 PM »

Trump’s handling of the coronavirus was not good initially. I think he got better today. The results will speak for themselves, and we will not be able to fully assess until all the stats are final. But his communication in the initial weeks was not good. Much better today.  We’ll see how well we do.

Stay healthy, everyone.

Good and Bad

His inability to just be a calm voice and defer to the experts is what makes him jerk-off in chief.
Constantly telling us it's under control and how great his decisions are - he is a ludicrous human being and looks more ridiculous by the day with some of those early statements.

And then boasting about the stock market yesterday. Who cares about that right now!
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #3790 on: March 16, 2020, 03:00:37 PM »

Stay healthy, everyone.

Good and Bad

And then boasting about the stock market yesterday. Who cares about that right now!

Boasting about one day's stock market gains just displays how incredibly dumb and desperate he is.  It is in free fall again today, so whose fault is that?  You can't take the credit without the blame.  He's a huckster and a sham artist which unfortunately gets you elected in this country.  That approach eventually gets exposed though.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #3791 on: March 16, 2020, 08:22:03 PM »

Stay healthy, everyone.

Good and Bad

Boasting about one day's stock market gains just displays how incredibly dumb and desperate he is.  It is in free fall again today, so whose fault is that?  You can't take the credit without the blame.  He's a huckster and a sham artist which unfortunately gets you elected in this country.  That approach eventually gets exposed though.

If one good thing comes out of this shitshow virus is i think it will more likely then not end the Trump nightmare. He can't lie and tweet himself out of this one.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #3792 on: March 17, 2020, 06:44:58 AM »

If one good thing comes out of this shitshow virus is i think it will more likely then not end the Trump nightmare. He can't lie and tweet himself out of this one.

How many times has that been said now?

How many times have his supporters proven they just don't care?

They will vote for him because he will "own the libs" and he has an R after his name.

To date, they haven't proven that ANYTHING else matters.  No matter how poorly he has handled ANY situation.

Together again,
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #3793 on: March 17, 2020, 07:05:48 AM »

How many times has that been said now?

How many times have his supporters proven they just don't care?

They will vote for him because he will "own the libs" and he has an R after his name.

To date, they haven't proven that ANYTHING else matters.  No matter how poorly he has handled ANY situation.
https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2020/03/peter-wehner-trump-presidency-over/607969/?utm_medium=offsite&utm_source=yahoo&utm_campaign=yahoo-non-hosted&yptr=yahoo
sandman
Legend

« Reply #3794 on: March 27, 2020, 07:23:03 AM »

Trump is even money vs Biden. with Trump's handling of the pandemic, his ratings are going up. he could soon be a favorite.

something is seriously wrong with Biden. and now there is a sexual harassment case the media is trying to keep under wraps. the DNC has to do something about this, right? can we convince Cuomo to take the nomination? would any liberal be against that?

I know the powers that be pulling the strings behind the scenes are dying to have Biden as prez, but i'm not sure he can make it through this.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #3795 on: March 27, 2020, 07:34:41 AM »

Cuomo would be great. He's handing the outbreak in New York like a leader should. Trump is showing what not to do.
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

« Reply #3796 on: March 27, 2020, 07:49:10 AM »

Trump is even money vs Biden. with Trump's handling of the pandemic, his ratings are going up. he could soon be a favorite.

something is seriously wrong with Biden. and now there is a sexual harassment case the media is trying to keep under wraps. the DNC has to do something about this, right? can we convince Cuomo to take the nomination? would any liberal be against that?

I know the powers that be pulling the strings behind the scenes are dying to have Biden as prez, but i'm not sure he can make it through this.

You are seriously correct - the guy is shot.
He cannot even have a coherent conversation without reminding the average person of their grandpa in the corner of the room on the recliner.

Cuomo has been very good - smart man with poise

sandman
Legend

« Reply #3797 on: March 27, 2020, 12:59:48 PM »

Cuomo would be great. He's handing the outbreak in New York like a leader should. Trump is showing what not to do.

you're in the minority on Trump. for the first time in his presidency in the ABC news poll, more americans approve of his performance than those who do not.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #3798 on: March 28, 2020, 01:49:39 AM »

Cuomo would be great. He's handing the outbreak in New York like a leader should. Trump is showing  what not to do.

you're in the minority on Trump. for the first time in his presidency in the ABC news poll, more americans approve of his performance than those who do not.

People can be duped into believing anything, doesn't make it true. Let's see where the numbers are in a few weeks if his piss poor response continues, when supplies start to run out because states reach their apex and we start seeing thousands of deaths daily.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2020, 04:13:18 AM by tim_m » Logged
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

« Reply #3799 on: March 28, 2020, 08:21:36 AM »

Cuomo would be great. He's handing the outbreak in New York like a leader should. Trump is showing  what not to do.

People can be duped into believing anything, doesn't make it true. Let's see where the numbers are in a few weeks if his piss poor response continues, when supplies start to run out because states reach their apex and we start seeing thousands of deaths daily.

I don't know about this brother

Yes his narcissism was/is not helpful and he's still a disgusting human being but there are two massive hospital ships landing on each coast, army core of engineers making hospital settings, Cuomo has already been quoted as saying the 4k ventilators sent earlier this week are not even in use because they "don't need them right now", yet he was screaming that the federal government had to send him 30k of these things immediately.

I think in most posts you slam the guy for killing people with late response , which is very hard to quantify , yet I don't believe (correct me if wrong) I've seen you talk about how many people were actually saved by him closing the border to China flights very very early - which is also impossible to quantify.

Just think we gotta put our extreme likes or hatred of this guy on hold right now and judge it all - the good and the bad   peace

Pages: 1 ... 188 189 [190] 191 192 ... 194 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: