Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 05:42:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227936 Posts in 43254 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Merck says CD is done... (from Ross Halfin's site)
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Merck says CD is done... (from Ross Halfin's site)  (Read 23932 times)
Parabola
Headliner

Here Today... Gone to Axl's

« Reply #100 on: August 26, 2005, 10:40:40 AM »

Ross is a pretty reputable source, he has worked with IRON MAIDEN for years so i'm sure he has a close relationship with Merck.
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #101 on: August 26, 2005, 12:22:13 PM »

but it's like they guard this project with everything they got and they hardly comment on anything, yet gn'rs old photografer writes this in his journal. people check his site because they are fans of sertain bands and not because he's such a great shooter so one should believe that there are certain unwritten rules about passing shit like this on, and it's not like he doesn't know that at least some gn'r fans are actually waiting for this already epic disc and would basically kill for info like this... it would have been fine or harmless if he wrote it in his personal handwritten journal, but in an internet journal???

don't get me wrong tho, i love his pics and it's very cool to hear this from a guy who's actually in the right enviroment, but it wouldn't surprice me a bit if merck would be really pissed about this, and it wouldn't surprice me if axl got pissed at merck for leaking info like this to guy who basically are on the wrong foot with axl.... it ?was a preatty sheap shot he put in there along with some awsome news of course...

Actually, he probably DOESN'T know the effect the tidbit will have.? I doubt he has any real knowledge about the rabidity of the GnR fanbase, nor does he really care.? Merck, in a conversation, mentioned, in passing, that CD was done.? So Ross mentioned it.? To Ross' way of thinking, it was probably as simple as that.? He mentioned it as casually as I would mention my wife taking my dog for a walk.

This is akin to me telling you that my wife told me she took my dog for a walk and the dog took a steaming dump in the shape of Nixon's nose on my lawn.? You, however, unbeknownst to me, are a member of a secret society that believes that when MY dog takes a dump on MY lawn and it's in the shape of Nixon's nose that the world is going to end.? Now, having told you something in a very casual conversation, I certainly don't expect the shitstorm (almost literally) that is about to ensue when the other thousands of members of your secret society show up on my lawn asking to see the "Nixon's nose" dump.? Pretty much the same thing here...

Merck told Ross that Axl's finished CD. Ross told us.? Merck = my wife.? Ross = me.? Axl = the dog. See where I'm going with this?

i see what you're saying and i hope you're dead on, i want to believe the same.

i do find it a little strange tho the way he kind of attacks axl at the same time as giving out some great news, it's just not right in anyway. i just don't see how anyone that high up in the business wouldn't know at least some of the "trouble" with CD and the whole gn'r spectackle thsese days..

i mean, it's his journal and he doesn't write just anything in it, it's kind of obvious that he does care a little about gn'r and or axl in some way, if not he wouldn't mentioned it at all i would think.

anyway, it's a good rumour and i believe merck actually told him that cd is finished which is worth a big fucking YAY! ok

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #102 on: August 26, 2005, 12:53:33 PM »

August 26

I have taken down my diary entry on GNR as I've had at least fifty emails from people who call themselves the GNR community, and who seem to think I'm a link to Axl Rose - which I'm not - so stop writing to me. I have no idea when the cd will come out, if it ever does. If you really want to read about GNR Q magazine has a big feature on them in the new issue.

There you go.... People e-mailed him thinking he'd have news.

http://www.rosshalfin.co.uk/diary/august-2005/diary-august-2005.html

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Boromir
VIP

« Reply #103 on: August 26, 2005, 03:37:14 PM »

So...what about the Q Magazine and the new issue? Tongue

Keep Calm and Listen to Guns N' Roses!
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #104 on: August 26, 2005, 03:51:24 PM »

So...what about the Q Magazine and the new issue? Tongue
some nice person isl posting it.
Im waiting Grin
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #105 on: August 26, 2005, 04:03:35 PM »

August 26

I have taken down my diary entry on GNR as I've had at least fifty emails from people who call themselves the GNR community, and who seem to think I'm a link to Axl Rose - which I'm not - so stop writing to me. I have no idea when the cd will come out, if it ever does. If you really want to read about GNR Q magazine has a big feature on them in the new issue.

/jarmo

Yeah I am sure all of splat and mygnr.com emailed him, poor guy.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
gigger
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #106 on: August 26, 2005, 04:22:52 PM »

August 26

/jarmo

Yeah I am sure all of splat and mygnr.com emailed him, poor guy.

No one from Sp1at emailed him. In my opinion he got lucky if only 50 people emailed him.  rofl
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #107 on: August 26, 2005, 05:01:01 PM »

I agree he got off easy if only 50 people e-mailed him. I say we flood his e-mail till his computer crashes!!

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #108 on: August 26, 2005, 06:31:18 PM »

People chill out.

DO NOT FLOOD HIS EMAIL.

You should be thankfull you got this info from Ross...

St.heathen
VIP

I Won't Be Told Anymore

« Reply #109 on: August 28, 2005, 07:50:01 AM »

No wonder no one fucking talks lol.  They all get flooded with sad obsessed fans.  Which always ends up looking a bit sad.

I love Gn'R but I would not e-mail any of them or people around them.  If everyone was just chilled i'm sure we would hear more.

It's a mass of confusion like the lies they sell to you !
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #110 on: August 28, 2005, 09:05:51 PM »

Heh...

Told ya.

Smiley

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #111 on: August 29, 2005, 12:09:58 AM »

I've said it in other threads the last few days and I'll repeat it here again , GNR's Chinese democracy will be out in 2005.  peace

If Saul says he thinks its coming out in '05 I have some hope.. hes my favorite member of the board! haha. Funny guy.

But.. im bummed out that '06 seems closer and closer and yet no CD news.

gnrevolution.com
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #112 on: January 02, 2006, 11:24:36 AM »

I knew that after Jarmo mentioned Ross Halfin that someone would resurrect this thread.

WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #113 on: January 02, 2006, 12:32:15 PM »

hihi   same here....

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #114 on: January 02, 2006, 02:32:12 PM »

I still think the album will be out in 2005!

Oh , wait.  Embarrassed

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: