Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 09:28:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228062 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Duff Mckagan Responds To AXL ROSE
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Duff Mckagan Responds To AXL ROSE  (Read 79409 times)
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #360 on: March 16, 2006, 10:21:16 AM »

Ok here's MY new theory.? It's based on the assumption that the "October" thing did happen (which none of us could have ever imagined, right?) and Slash did say those things...

... So now remember how alot of peoples thought it was that photographer guy who was Slash's source for the March release date?? WHAT IF Axl was Slash's real source on this because Axl figured (during that "October" thing) that with all that shit Slash was spewing that everything being said was just between the two of them...

...? So when Slash said during that New Year's Eve radio interview that CD was coming out in March, there's no way in hell Axl was gonna let Slash be the one to announce the actual date ... so Axl put a stop to the March release date and picked March as the time to enact his revenge.

end of theory

IMO, the bottom line is that - no matter what actually went down in October - Axl needs to fire the lawyer that allowed that paragraph to be included in that press release.

Question:? Exactly how "legal" is that "Legal Press Release"? Huh? ?That's NOT the actual court document, right?? The only thing "legal" about it is that is was released by a lawyer, right?

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #361 on: March 16, 2006, 10:26:22 AM »

GS that has been thrown out there already.... Kind of a slash didn't keep a secret of axl's..   Why would he say cd is coming out in march when it isn't?
Backslash
\
VIP

Use Your Allusion

« Reply #362 on: March 16, 2006, 10:29:52 AM »

GS that has been thrown out there already.... Kind of a slash didn't keep a secret of axl's..? ?Why would he say cd is coming out in march when it isn't?

Probably to put the screws to Axl and create negative publicity around him when he misses "yet another deadline."  Roll Eyes

GNRevolution... the missing link.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #363 on: March 16, 2006, 10:35:02 AM »

GS that has been thrown out there already.... Kind of a slash didn't keep a secret of axl's..? ?Why would he say cd is coming out in march when it isn't?

Probably to put the screws to Axl and create negative publicity around him when he misses "yet another deadline."? Roll Eyes

When I heard slash say march I believed it like I do eevry other person beside axl who throws times out there.. No one can blame axl if slash makes up some date..
Oh My Choking Soul
VIP

Flee the scene...

« Reply #364 on: March 16, 2006, 10:37:34 AM »

Probably to put the screws to Axl and create negative publicity around him when he misses "yet another deadline."? Roll Eyes

When I heard slash say march I believed it like I do eevry other person beside axl who throws times out there.. No one can blame axl if slash makes up some date..

I do. I blame Axl for everything. Axl is why my daddy drank and my mom cheated. (shakes fist in the air)

GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #365 on: March 16, 2006, 10:43:58 AM »

I apologize if this theory was already out there. ? Embarrassed

I think Slash said CD was coming out in March because that's what he was told (by whomever) and believed. ?Do I think Slash did it to put the screws to Axl and create negative publicity? ?Maybe ... but since Slash was the only one who said March, I really don't think anyone really believed him because nobody could've imagined that the "October" thing happened and no known "insider" (that I know of) ever hinted March.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #366 on: March 16, 2006, 10:45:01 AM »

I apologize if this theory was already out there. ? Embarrassed

I think Slash said CD was coming out in March because that's what he was told (by whomever) and believed. ?Do I think Slash did it to put the screws to Axl and create negative publicity? ?Maybe ... but since Slash was the only one who said March, I really don't think anyone really believed him because nobody could've imagined that the "October" thing happened and no known "insider" (that I know of) ever hinted March.

Don't cry gypsy *hugs GS Kiss*
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #367 on: March 16, 2006, 12:58:55 PM »

Why do people assume it's not relevant to the countersuit?

It has to be. Otherwise it wouldn't have been included in the release.
It has to be?? nervous Please explain. I would love to know how hearsay from Slash insulting members of VR is relevant to the lawsuit. Please dont dodge this question. Its like the 2nd or 3rd time I have asked you this in response to several of your posts in similar threads, and you dont reply.  I would really like to know why you see how insults have anything to do with a lawsuit.

I love as how you ignore the rest of my post. love

He would have left the "schandal" for other occasions,  As people still ask him about his ex bandmembers.
If he gave 2 shits about VR.

The court can see it at the main site of HTGTH, where people look in for GNR news. And at many other sites.
If they found total off topic gossip that has nothing to do with the actual complaint in Axl's release for the fans, would they be favourably impressed with it??

Go read the Axl-legal release thread

"More surprising to Axl are recent media reports that Slash (Saul Hudson) is claiming that he has always been supportive of Axl Rose and the new Guns N' Roses. Slash's actions in recent years have in fact been anything but supportive. Besides the lawsuits filed against Axl Rose, claiming, among other things, that Axl does not own the copyright in the songs that Axl co-authored with his former Guns N' Roses band mates, Slash has continually made negative and malicious statements about Axl in order to garner publicity for himself.............The courthouse is not his choice of forum. However, Axl could no longer sit quietly and allow the continuing dissemination of falsehoods and half-truths by his former band-mates."

And the following

"Slash and Duff have an unfortunate pattern over the past few years of filing sensational but baseless lawsuits for the purpose of generating anti-Axl propaganda. It is clear that Slash and Duff are looking for another opportunity to spread untruths about Axl in an effort to hurt his reputation and to alienate his fans while at the same time creating a profile for themselves."

W.Axl Rose Responds to Frivolous Copyright Suit by Former Guns N' Roses Members
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #368 on: March 16, 2006, 08:58:48 PM »

Why do people assume it's not relevant to the countersuit?

It has to be. Otherwise it wouldn't have been included in the release.
It has to be?? nervous Please explain. I would love to know how hearsay from Slash insulting members of VR is relevant to the lawsuit. Please dont dodge this question. Its like the 2nd or 3rd time I have asked you this in response to several of your posts in similar threads, and you dont reply.? I would really like to know why you see how insults have anything to do with a lawsuit.

I love as how you ignore the rest of my post. love

He would have left the "schandal" for other occasions,? As people still ask him about his ex bandmembers.
If he gave 2 shits about VR.

The court can see it at the main site of HTGTH, where people look in for GNR news. And at many other sites.
If they found total off topic gossip that has nothing to do with the actual complaint in Axl's release for the fans, would they be favourably impressed with it??

Go read the Axl-legal release thread

"More surprising to Axl are recent media reports that Slash (Saul Hudson) is claiming that he has always been supportive of Axl Rose and the new Guns N' Roses. Slash's actions in recent years have in fact been anything but supportive. Besides the lawsuits filed against Axl Rose, claiming, among other things, that Axl does not own the copyright in the songs that Axl co-authored with his former Guns N' Roses band mates, Slash has continually made negative and malicious statements about Axl in order to garner publicity for himself.............The courthouse is not his choice of forum. However, Axl could no longer sit quietly and allow the continuing dissemination of falsehoods and half-truths by his former band-mates."

And the following

"Slash and Duff have an unfortunate pattern over the past few years of filing sensational but baseless lawsuits for the purpose of generating anti-Axl propaganda. It is clear that Slash and Duff are looking for another opportunity to spread untruths about Axl in an effort to hurt his reputation and to alienate his fans while at the same time creating a profile for themselves."

W.Axl Rose Responds to Frivolous Copyright Suit by Former Guns N' Roses Members
You still havent explained. Why do you keep quoting various press releases when they dont prove the point you are trying to make?

"I love as how you ignore the rest of my post. love"

Thanks.I knew you would like that. hihi

I needed to edit your post like the GNR camp likes to edit press releases. Wanted you to feel all good and comfy. love

Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #369 on: March 16, 2006, 10:39:05 PM »

Explain to me the relevance Slashs "hatred" for Matt has to Axls lawsuit.
I've asked a similar question in a couple different threads dealing with this topic, and no one even attempts to answer it.

Okay, how can the point be made to you? Lets live in dreamland for a minute and say its all true. How is Slash saying "Duff is spineless", "Scott is a fraud", and proclaiming Slash's hatred for Matt Sorum relevant to this case? How is a Slash admission at 5: 30 in the morning that Axl is "the stronger" relevant to the case? Just answer it instead of quoting press releases as your answer.

The relevance is that it would go to demonstrate Slash's duplicity....  it goes to credibility at the very least.... not to mention that Axl alludes to Slash confessing to his being wrong about him (Axl).
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #370 on: March 16, 2006, 11:54:54 PM »

The relevance is that it would go to demonstrate Slash's duplicity....? it goes to credibility at the very least.... not to mention that Axl alludes to Slash confessing to his being wrong about him (Axl).
How does it have anything to do with his credibility? All those statements prove is that its heresay. How will this hold up in court? Even if its been recorded it is irrelevant to this case. The Judge will either deny the motion to admit it, or laugh in Axl's face when he does hear it. As I've said before, NOTHING in Slash's comments have ANYTHING to do with the issues being dealt with at the trial. You should know that, Eva. People need to stop acting like those comments in Axl's press release are the gospel. Just look at the reality of the situation, and not some distorted view that they want you to see.

dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #371 on: March 17, 2006, 12:04:41 AM »

The relevance is that it would go to demonstrate Slash's duplicity....? it goes to credibility at the very least.... not to mention that Axl alludes to Slash confessing to his being wrong about him (Axl).
How does it have anything to do with his credibility? All those statements prove is that its heresay. How will this hold up in court? Even if its been recorded it is irrelevant to this case. The Judge will either deny the motion to admit it, or laugh in Axl's face when he does hear it. As I've said before, NOTHING in Slash's comments have ANYTHING to do with the issues being dealt with at the trial. You should know that, Eva. People need to stop acting like those comments in Axl's press release are the gospel. Just look at the reality of the situation, and not some distorted view that they want you to see.

If anyone here is not looking at the facts its you. You really think that Axl signed away the rights to the gnr songs like slash and duff have claimed when for 10 years duff and slash always said they quit the band?

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #372 on: March 17, 2006, 12:09:44 AM »

If anyone here is not looking at the facts its you.
Cmon, dave. You know thats not true.
You really think that Axl signed away the rights to the gnr songs like slash and duff have claimed when for 10 years duff and slash always said they quit the band?
Did I ever say that?? Please quote my post where I said that.

dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #373 on: March 17, 2006, 12:25:03 AM »

You really think that Axl signed away the rights to the gnr songs like slash and duff have claimed when for 10 years duff and slash always said they quit the band?

The 2nd point was asking your opinion, it was not a statement. The question does however have to do with Slash and Duffs credibilty that they are claiming this.

Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #374 on: March 17, 2006, 12:27:54 AM »

The 2nd point was asking your opinion, it was not a statement. The question does however have to do with Slash and Duffs credibilty that they are claiming this.
Do i think that axl signed away the rights? No I do not. He might be a little crazy, but he definitely is not stupid.

dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #375 on: March 17, 2006, 12:32:47 AM »

Oh and it also shows how little to no credibity slash and duff have since they have not dropped the 2nd lawsuit where Cobalt even said they made an error and they fixed it right away. So slash and duff have a vendetta against Axl. I wonder how pissed the judge is going to be for slash and duff wasting the courts time on the 2nd case where axl was not at fault. The fact is cobalt was and with  a simple phone call they could have had it fixed faster but they wanted to sue axl instead.

jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #376 on: March 17, 2006, 12:37:43 AM »

As far as what may pertain in court...

Just speculation on my part..

Axl sent a press release through his lawyer, mentions sao said or alleged said comments by Slash, BUT!

What if there is alot more to that, what if that was just alittle  of what was said.

could perhaps Axl has proof that pertains to the lawsuit? Is that out of the realm of posiblility, and thus why Slash has been silent. Perhaps because his lawyers are tryng to sort out the mess.

Just thowing it out there.

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #377 on: March 17, 2006, 12:38:57 AM »

Oh and it also shows how little to no credibity slash and duff have since they have not dropped the 2nd lawsuit where Cobalt even said they made an error and they fixed it right away. So slash and duff have a vendetta against Axl. I wonder how pissed the judge is going to be for slash and duff wasting the courts time on the 2nd case where axl was not at fault. The fact is cobalt was and with? a simple phone call they could have had it fixed faster but they wanted to sue axl instead.
Regardless of whether Slash or Duff have any "credibilty", these statements from Axl's lawyers still have no relevance to the trial. I wish you (and several others would realize that. Someone needs to back me up on this, because its the truth.

phone ?BookerFloyd? You there?
« Last Edit: March 17, 2006, 01:10:29 AM by jameslofton29 » Logged

killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #378 on: March 17, 2006, 12:50:04 AM »

The relevance is that it would go to demonstrate Slash's duplicity....  it goes to credibility at the very least.... not to mention that Axl alludes to Slash confessing to his being wrong about him (Axl).

Axl isn't required to present his evidence in a press statement. Clearly, he was characterizing Slash as a dishonest person, an example being the conversion held on Oct 2005 during visit to his house. The purpose of the statement was twofold: attempt to plant a seed of discension in the ranks of VR and provide the fans anecdotal evidence of Slash's contradictory behavior. The story clearly is not meant to be evidentiary but meant to explain to the fans and the media why he decided to press forward with the countersuit after giving Slash a chance to end the war.

How much is true remains unknown.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2006, 12:52:30 AM by killingvector » Logged

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #379 on: March 17, 2006, 01:02:16 AM »

Its ok to speculate as to the comments and their application to a law suit, but its kinda retarded to claim that anyone in this entire forum knows if any comments have credibility or not.  We clearly do not know all the facts in this situation - if anyone thinks we know the entire story behind the law suit, axl and slash's relationship, past and present then they are probably sorely mistaken.  These are very proud, egotistical, somewhat selfish individuals we are dealing with - to think either side would be 100% open and honest with the public is simply absurd.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2006, 01:38:21 AM by HannaHat » Logged

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: