Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 13, 2024, 11:36:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228034 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The leaks (Why now? Who leaked them? Are they on CD? Comparisons to old demos)
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 22 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The leaks (Why now? Who leaked them? Are they on CD? Comparisons to old demos)  (Read 57536 times)
speed_stone
« Reply #340 on: March 01, 2006, 10:53:10 AM »

i remember one month before AFD was released all the songs were leaked onto the internet, and it was all WAV files and my connection was 28.800 bps so i had to wait for it to hit the stores... Undecided
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #341 on: March 01, 2006, 11:31:40 AM »

i remember one month before AFD was released all the songs were leaked onto the internet, and it was all WAV files and my connection was 28.800 bps so i had to wait for it to hit the stores... Undecided
Thats the most insane post I've seen yet. Thats saying alot.

speed_stone
« Reply #342 on: March 01, 2006, 11:34:54 AM »

good, ol' times.
jimb0
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #343 on: March 01, 2006, 11:59:40 AM »

Thank god for technology
SonofAGun
Rocker

Original fan Circa 87, Shaq and Roses?

« Reply #344 on: March 01, 2006, 12:06:43 PM »

Maybe in some parallel universe. But not on our planet.
Millions
Headliner

It burns when I pee...

« Reply #345 on: March 02, 2006, 10:01:04 AM »

Hi everyone, sorry if this rumour has been mentioned already - but I was surprised not to find it anywhere else on the board. (If so, feel free to delete)......

What strikes me is that everyone here seems to be interpreting the leaked tracks and the upcoming concerts in totally the wrong way. I am a massive fan, and I know I'll probably get slagged off for saying this, but during the last tour and concerts, even a lot of the old hardcore fans were......bored. The same old songs. Again. We were hungry for new stuff, not some half-hearted, by numbers tread through the same old routine.

So now that these new dates have been announced, this negative so-what attitude of a lot of the fans is a big problem - especially on top of no-shows, etc.

So it seems that the 'leaking' of the new stuff is all about promoting the live-dates during the summer, and should not be taken as a sign that Chinese Democracy will be released any time soon.

Depressing, but perhaps true....What do you think?
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #346 on: March 02, 2006, 10:07:28 AM »

I think the person is very wrong.

Everything we've seen, so far, is in preparation for the release of CD.  Every piece of credible info points in that direction.  Barring some unforsee catastrophie, we will see CD this year...and probably sooner rather than later  I think you can count on it.

I understand, completely, not wanting to get your hopes up.  But, for one, the leaks were not intentional.  Management did not leak the material.  That is 100% for sure.  The leaks were not promotion for anything.  They were, it appears, an expected (but not necessarily wanted) side effect of "something else" (and what that "something else" is, I have no idea).

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
MR W,AXL ROSE
Welsh, and luvin' it
Legend

live,breathe eat GNR.

« Reply #347 on: March 02, 2006, 10:17:04 AM »

if anymore leak,i aint gonna download them.
Cmon, Mr. Rose. You said that after the first song leaked, and when the next one happened, you sent me a PM for the new songs. Dont kid yourself. If a leak happened in five minutes, you would be listening to it in six minutes.
your exactly right.but its a no win situation.i dont want anymore leaks but like ive said in other posts,im too weak in the will power to not download anymore leaks.so as a way of frustrating my confusion i say "im not downloading anymore leaks".but what i really mean is "please dont leak anymore songs coz i cant help my self but download em,and this isnt the way i want to hear CHINESE DEMOCRACY" peace

EDIT:and im pretty sure i dont only speak for myself peace
« Last Edit: March 02, 2006, 10:19:33 AM by MR W,AXL ROSE » Logged

╔═╦╦╦═╦═╗ ╔═╗ ╔═╦═╦═╦═╦═╗
║║║║║║║╚╣ ║║║ ║═║║║╚╣═╣╚╣
╠╗║║║║╠╗║ ║║║ ║╚╣║╠╗║═╬╗║
╚═╩═╩╩╩═╝ ╚╩╝ ╚╩╩═╩═╩═╩═╝
speed_stone
« Reply #348 on: March 02, 2006, 11:09:53 AM »

i know it's impossible to speculate when it comes to axl rose but i heard that he told someone backstage that he wasn't planning this song for chinese democracy? can this be verified in any way? he could change his mind though. regardless, he knows the best for chinese democracy, and CITR is, even though heard just as a demo yet, one of the best songs i have ever heard, period. ok
highend88
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #349 on: March 02, 2006, 11:12:04 AM »

i know it's impossible to speculate when it comes to axl rose but i heard that he told someone backstage that he wasn't planning this song for chinese democracy? can this be verified in any way? he could change his mind though. regardless, he knows the best for chinese democracy, and CITR is, even though heard just as a demo yet, one of the best songs i have ever heard, period. ok

From Where did you heard it?

I get up around seven
Get outta bed around nine
And I don't worry about nothin' no
'Cause worrin's a waste of my fuckin time
speed_stone
« Reply #350 on: March 02, 2006, 11:15:29 AM »

i read it actually, i don't remember if it was here or on mygnr.com, regardless you should take it with a grain of salt. the funny thing is, appearently he spoke to madison from mygnr.com after a show and told her it would be the second single for the album. i don't know who or what to believe, seems gnr fans are lying their asses off for attention these days. sad to see.no
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #351 on: March 02, 2006, 11:17:11 AM »

I think on mygnrforum.

The thing is, noone can remember if he said it WOULD be on CD or if it WOULDN'T be on CD....

I seem to remember him saying it WOULD be on CD...but the comments were posted 4 years ago after, I think, MSG.  I will admit I could very well me misremembering.

Together again,
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #352 on: March 02, 2006, 11:18:53 AM »

I agree that CITR has the most potential of all of the Demos we have heard so far. It is probably the roughest (and I would guess oldest) of the demo's, but stood out for me as soon as I heard it.
I would hope that this is on Chinese Democracy, unless it is slated for the 2nd album (which I better be able to hear before my Grandson has to change me every hour on the hour)
kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #353 on: March 02, 2006, 11:20:10 AM »

Hahhaha sounds great hihi I didnt know that they leaked too.

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #354 on: March 02, 2006, 11:28:19 AM »

AFD??

28.8??

1987??

In 1987 downloading an album from the internet would have been akin to my being able to go back to 1987 in my retrofited Time Machine Trans AM (figured I'd leave the DeLorean out of this) today. Also the best you would have done in 1987 would have been 9660 baud (and that would have been a stretch)

Even downloading UYI from the internet in 1991 would have been "nearly" imposible.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #355 on: March 02, 2006, 11:42:16 AM »

Hahhaha sounds great hihi I didnt know that they leaked too.

Um...no. ?Just no.

That would have been June 1987. ?Baud rate would have been around 2400 to 9600 (and the 9600 baud modem would have run you about a grand in '87....84 was when the tech first hit to allow baud rates that high).

14.4 modems (1/2 the speed you claim) were not released until 1991. ?28.8 modems (the speed you claim) were not released until 1994.

In addition, the whole the internet, as we know it, didn't really "exist". ?Sure, the network existed, but the content was pretty much non existant and public "dial in" points were few, far between, and generally reserved for educational institutions (like universities).? ?Sure, there were BBS out there...but not with nearly the storage capacity to hold all the album tracks in .wav format.

Add to that that CD-ROM drives were not widely commercially available in 1987. Yellowbook standard was approved in '85, and production on "real" CD-ROM drives didn't begin, in earnest, until late '88 and early '89..and they were prohibitively expensive. ?So you couldn't "encode" a wav directly from a CD (not to mention the software to do so didn't exist).

So it had to come from a cassette and a crappy PC mic (since sound cards didn't have "line in"...even the Roland cards only had Midi in...). ?Creating a complete set of .wav files for all tracks, from a cassette, would have used more hard drive memory than was currently available to consumers. ?The average drive size at the time would have been about 40 megs (yes MEGS).

In addition, the encoding process, that preserved any degree of clarity, would have bogged down the 8088 or 286 or VERY expensive 386 processor, and tiny 1 to 2 megs or ram.

And we'll end with the fact that, at the end of all this, you're left with .wav files that you can't fit on your PC, can't use anywhere but on your PC, with crappy speakers (No CD burners back then, remember?) and can't transport anywhere.

In short, from a technology standpoint...no. Just...no.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2006, 11:53:21 AM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
speed_stone
« Reply #356 on: March 02, 2006, 08:25:41 PM »

doesn't anyone else find it strange that axl mentioned to rolling stone that some of his favourite songs off CD were "better", "there was a time" and "the blues", right before these songs leaked? and not only that, we have already heard "the blues" in a live version. now, i don't wanna buy into the conspiracy theories about management leaking the songs, but do you think that axl knew the songs were out there so he mentioned the ones he already knew people would hear, or do you think that out of all the songs he has recorded, those three were simply among his favourites? you never know with axl so i would like to hear some opinions.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #357 on: March 02, 2006, 08:29:44 PM »

The blues wasn't leaked Tongue

speed_stone
« Reply #358 on: March 02, 2006, 08:30:34 PM »

wow, great point, thanx for adding some new information to the discussion ok Roll Eyes
Steel_Angel
« Reply #359 on: March 02, 2006, 08:32:43 PM »

he knew Chuck Norris was gonna leak them so yea ....
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 22 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: