Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 06:59:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227942 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash Comments On Book Signing Tour
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash Comments On Book Signing Tour  (Read 94110 times)
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #480 on: January 18, 2008, 12:49:02 AM »

I'm in full agreement!   beer
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #481 on: January 18, 2008, 01:03:00 AM »

SHould they have asked Bumble to do it instead of Slash?

Actually I was thinking Robin.. But Bumble would be good too!  ok    I don't think either of them would ever do something like that.

Neither one of them would ever do it because no one knows who they are and wouldn't give a shit. 
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #482 on: January 18, 2008, 01:04:38 AM »

Maybe you should ask Slash why he isn't backing up his current band instead of using an old song by his former band which he said he won't talk about again.
How is he using the GNR name?

Slash wrote the old songs, yeah, but wasn't he in a new band? Why would he use his old band's song?
Because GNR is the band that made him famous and the band that he helped make famous??

The funny thing is if GH left out WTTJ and used a VR song to heavily promote GH a lot of you would be saying Slash is a fraud because hes using his GNR legacy to promote VR.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #483 on: January 18, 2008, 01:43:46 AM »

Maybe you should ask Slash why he isn't backing up his current band instead of using an old song by his former band which he said he won't talk about again.

Slash wrote the old songs, yeah, but wasn't he in a new band? Why would he use his old band's song?
Because GNR is the band that made him famous and the band that he helped make famous??

The funny thing is if GH left out WTTJ and used a VR song to heavily promote GH a lot of you would be saying Slash is a fraud because hes using his GNR legacy to promote VR.

Younggunner, you would here "if it weren't for GNR, Slash would be up playing his shitty VR song."
elmir
VIP

« Reply #484 on: January 18, 2008, 02:13:50 AM »

Not wanting to talk about GN'R,

in VR related interviews.
I find that quite noble, very respectful towards his current band.

writing a book about GN'R

really?
what's the name of that book...?...the only one i know of is Slash's autobiography....and considering that 95% of his whole career revolved around him being the LEAD musician in the band....its only natural that the book revolves around that as a central topic...

and then using his GN'R connection to be able put himself in a video game.

what connection?
did Beta arrange the negotiations with GH?

i wonder if its then ok that a percentage of the GH licensing deal for WTTJ goes also to Axl, Duff, Steven and Izzy...

HIS songs are in the video game....not anyone else's....Slash (together with Axl) is viewed as an icon behind SCOM, WTTJ, PC, NR....and on and on and on....to have BBF or Robin Finck in there as a hero playing SCOM would be very weird for general public.....very very weird....and terribly damaging for new gnr's brand image and reputation....Robin is a fucking cool dude....and to associate him with someone else's material is bad enough as it stands now....to further stick it up on video game consoles is nothing short of commercial suicide...

I wonder if his record company likes the fact that he spends so much time talking about his former band instead of his current one?

i somehow don't think they give a fuck...we're not in the 80's anymore....rock doesn't sell like it used to...so, if slash's book and interviews increase both gnr and vr sales.....the record company will have no issues with it whatsoever....

I please one person per day...today is not your day...tomorrow ain't looking good either...
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #485 on: January 18, 2008, 03:52:01 AM »

My biggest "inconsistency" problem with the book is where Slash claims that creative differences wasn't that big of a deal.  He has an interview from 1994 or 1995 where he rips Axl repeatedly because Axl supposedly "wants to be like Pearl Jam" and is into bands like NIN.  Especially ironic considering Slash's current lead singer is to this day most famous for an album that got him and his band dubbed Pearl Jam ripoffs (before anyone rips me I like STP at least as much as PJ, but that's how they were labeled, right or wrong and their first album definitely sounds similar to PJ). 

All you have to do is listen to the new GnR music, which sounds like UYI era GnR crossed with certain musical genres that have been popular since then, and VR/Snakepit, where Slash hasn't evolved in any way that could be called positive.  The best of his post-GnR work is classic balls to the wall blues-rock, the worst is generic corporate rock, but none of it suggests any effort to grow or expand as a musician
elmir
VIP

« Reply #486 on: January 18, 2008, 04:10:17 AM »

My biggest "inconsistency" problem with the book is where Slash claims that creative differences wasn't that big of a deal.  He has an interview from 1994 or 1995 where he rips Axl repeatedly because Axl supposedly "wants to be like Pearl Jam" and is into bands like NIN. 

i couldn't agree more....that is one thing i hated about the book.....although, in his defense, he does say that he would have gone in any direction Axl wanted, if only the band chemistry/relationships were better...

which i doubt, but in anycase, if they weren't such little bitches to each other, maybe they would have found common ground and stuck it out together....

I please one person per day...today is not your day...tomorrow ain't looking good either...
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #487 on: January 18, 2008, 07:06:34 AM »

I didn't know I had to say it was on a Guitar Hero 4 supposing TWAT was already out when I talked about Buckethead.

And I'm not talking about fame, but about former bands. One thing is to play old songs live (even that is kinda weird to me anyways when its the focus of the setlist, but oh well), other is to marketing yourself with your ex-band which, by the way, still exist without you.

Do I need to draw?

So, he doesn't need to play VR songs live because the GN'R songs he wrote are better?

You're kidding, right?

I don't remember anyone bitching about VR being on Hulk or Fantastic Four's soundtracks. Why would someone associate Slash using a VR song with GNR legacy?

Voodoo, I forgot Jimi Hendrix, who played Experience songs with Band of Gypsies.  Amazing again.
You mean Band Of Gypsies with Billy Cox, who also recorded and toured behind Eletric Ladyland by.. The Experience?

IMO, it's a whole different situation when you play old songs by a band that still exist when you already have a new one with two albums plenty of material. But hey, seems like it's just me.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #488 on: January 18, 2008, 08:35:15 AM »

Please tell me how he used his gnr connection to put himself in a video game?

It's called my opinion.

In my opinion, he didn't get to be in that game thanks to him hooking up with Weiland in VR. In my opinion, it was because he is Slash formerly of GN'R.

Just like in your opinion you're a big GN'R supporter...

Jarmo, what is so wrong about Slash being asked to be the spokesperson for a popular guitar game? This idea of how icons cant promote stuff is absurd. That is why we dont have CD in our hands today. No1 cares about rock. Labels dont wanna back it.
So when a rock icon wants to promote good music and rock we bash that icon by saying hes a whore.

You can do whatever the fuck you want.

But when you use your old band's song and name to do so, while at the same time you've talked crap about that same band, then it seems a bit weird.

I dont know how it works elsewhere, but in America, a person who writes a book, or plays in a movie, usually promotes the book. Thats how its done. He decided to write a book about his life. What is wrong with that?

I get it. Nothing is wrong with Slash.

Just like your friend, you're only here to disagree with me. Smiley

Yes, being they got paid it is the same when it comes down to it. They are both using their name and legacy in exchange for money.

What a generalization.

What about the Harley ad? Same thing. Do you really want a great song like Better being associated with a dumb commercial?

Well, it's not like Axl was in a VW or Mastercard commercial now is it?

You were proven wrong by an Axl fan in Younggunner, which I find even more embarrassing because he is not pro Slash. 

He's an Axl fan?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #489 on: January 18, 2008, 09:33:17 AM »

You were proven wrong by an Axl fan in Younggunner, which I find even more embarrassing because he is not pro Slash. 

He's an Axl fan?

I know this because I have had arguements with Younggunner in the GNR thread years ago.  He seems more open minded now, which is a good thing.

/jarmo
[/quote]
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #490 on: January 18, 2008, 10:11:16 AM »

I know this because I have had arguements with Younggunner in the GNR thread years ago.  He seems more open minded now, which is a good thing.

So once you start complaining and not believe anything the band says you're "open minded"?  hihi

Because I chose not to believe people who have no idea of what's going on, I'm not open minded?

That makes very little sense to me.

But then again, I know how some of you define "objective" and "open minded".

By the way, by your logic, doesn't it make me open minded regarding Slash and VR while you're biased?  Huh

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #491 on: January 18, 2008, 10:27:14 AM »

So once you start complaining and not believe anything the band says you're "open minded"?  hihi

Because I chose not to believe people who have no idea of what's going on, I'm not open minded?

That makes very little sense to me.

But then again, I know how some of you define "objective" and "open minded".

By the way, by your logic, doesn't it make me open minded regarding Slash and VR while you're biased?  Huh

/jarmo

Jarmo, I don't know what younggunner did to you, but he seemed objective about slash.  I don't know what riff you two nor do I care.  Perhaps he is a little jaded.  I can understand with that some.  I am open minded about Slash to and call him out when neccessary, but remember, I am a fan and pro axl and pro slash, yet, I am not deaf, dumb, and blind.  I know they have both made a ton of mistakes.  Also, I have not attacked you or insulted you once on your opinion about Slash.  I think that makes me the open minded one.   Wink
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #492 on: January 18, 2008, 10:33:54 AM »

Younggunner went from somebody who defended and supported GN'R to somebody who doesn't. Or his idea of support changed.

So, you say he's open minded.

Wouldn't that make me open minded about Slash since I don't defend him?  Tongue

No, I don't care for being labeled open minded by Slash fans. I'm just showing how ridiculous I think it is.

How can you be open minded when you constantly chose to ignore facts because they come from the band's side of the fence? That doesn't seem open minded to me....  Roll Eyes

/jarmo

Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #493 on: January 18, 2008, 10:42:47 AM »

Again, Jarmo, I don't know what younggunner said about GNR, I said he was open minded about SLASH!  There was a time he may not have been willing to defend Slash.  Now that he does may mean he is more open minded about Slash. 

What was it that made him not defend GNR?
Feel_The_Burn
« Reply #494 on: January 18, 2008, 10:47:31 AM »

Younggunner, you would here "if it weren't for GNR, Slash would be up playing his shitty VR song."

Well IDK what you guys are talking about the only song I saw use to actually PROMOTE the game was

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6t2qF8NLZvY

WOW A VELVET REVOLVER song!
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #495 on: January 18, 2008, 10:49:09 AM »

Again, Jarmo, I don't know what younggunner said about GNR, I said he was open minded about SLASH!  There was a time he may not have been willing to defend Slash.  Now that he does may mean he is more open minded about Slash. 

Either way, since I defend GN'R, I'm open minded. Wink

I don't know, I'm not him. I just noticed the change in his attitude.....

I just think this open minded thing is way off.....

He says once you get paid for something, it's all the same. He can't see differences between two cases. How is that being open minded?

/jarmo

Feel_The_Burn
« Reply #496 on: January 18, 2008, 10:52:53 AM »

He says once you get paid for something, it's all the same. He can't see differences between two cases. How is that being open minded?

/jarmo

You say it's not different , how is that being open minded?

I saw that you said you feel GH asked him to do so because of GNR not VR.....

rofl rofl rofl rofl

DUH

Slash made history with Guns , he wrote and took part in one of the greatest bands of our lifetime. Do you expect the media to just ignore the fact and start anew with him? It's his past , it will always be there. I agree with you 100% they asked him because he was in guns , but whats wrong with that? I dont understand you there.
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #497 on: January 18, 2008, 10:58:10 AM »

Well IDK what you guys are talking about the only song I saw use to actually PROMOTE the game was

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6t2qF8NLZvY

WOW A VELVET REVOLVER song!

What a badass commercial!  That is the main commercial being played in the US.  Look how he uses VR to make himself more famous.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #498 on: January 18, 2008, 10:59:25 AM »

Slash made history with Guns , he wrote and took part in one of the greatest bands of our lifetime. Do you expect the media to just ignore the fact and start anew with him? It's his past , it will always be there. I agree with you 100% they asked him because he was in guns , but whats wrong with that? I dont understand you there.

Weren't you banned in the past?

Anyway, I find the contradictions confusing.

He wants to focus on the present (VR), but everything he's done recently relates to GN'R.....

So he wants to focus on VR, but that didn't work as well as he hoped since the record didn't sell and they're back playing smaller venues.

So he writes a book and starts talking about Axl in almost every interview.

It's a book about his life, yet he talks about Axl....

Yeah, GN'R was a big part of his life, but instead of talking about GN'R in general, it's often about one member of the band.....

/jarmo

Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #499 on: January 18, 2008, 11:02:10 AM »

/jarmo

Jarmo, his point was both got paid for a video game.  Your argument is that one got paid more and was featured while the other was just a voice.  But at the ened of the day, younggunner feels that both were paid for video games and that is true.  However the roles in those games were dratically different.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: