Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 29, 2024, 07:48:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227963 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame! Now it's official.
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 158 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame! Now it's official.  (Read 466814 times)
vicariousexistence
Headliner

« Reply #1760 on: April 03, 2012, 06:44:17 PM »

oh god, green day?  wow, talk about the most talentless hacks they could come up with.

10 years of anticipation and i'm left with no izzy, probably no axl, and my most hated band of all-time. 

there goes my hopes and dreams.

Your hopes and dreams hinged on the GNR Hall of Fame ceremony?  hihi

yea.  it's really been the main focus of my life for 5-10 years.  seriously.  the possibility of the 5 of them being together, even just in the same room, has gotten me through the hardest times of my life.  i've simply been waiting because i need to know.

I'm sorry, but that is just incredibly sad. Did you ever think of putting them on something... more worthwhile?

just the way my life has panned out.  this is the biggest moment of my life. 

My posts all have hidden messages.  It's your job to find it.
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #1761 on: April 03, 2012, 06:46:21 PM »

oh god, green day?  wow, talk about the most talentless hacks they could come up with.

10 years of anticipation and i'm left with no izzy, probably no axl, and my most hated band of all-time. 

yea.  it's really been the main focus of my life for 5-10 years.  seriously.  the possibility of the 5 of them being together, even just in the same room, has gotten me through the hardest times of my life.  i've simply been waiting because i need to know.

I'm sorry, but that is just incredibly sad. Did you ever think of putting them on something... more worthwhile?

...methinks you have set yourself up for disappointment...
WTTJ_91
Rocker

« Reply #1762 on: April 03, 2012, 06:47:19 PM »

People complaining about one of this generation's biggest bands inducting one of a previous generation's biggest bands are stupid.
Maybe y'all should stop being hipster douches and not just hate something because it's popular.

So if Nickelback inducted GN'R you'd be fine? Creed? Both are arguably this generations biggest acts. Linkin Park maybe? Being popular doesn't make you suck, sucking makes you suck.

Wouldn't mind Linkin Park. But not Nickelback or Creed.
The difference? Green Day are without a doubt one of the greatest bands on the planet right now. Just see them live... one of the few bands that can hold a candle to GN'R in an arena setting. There's absolutely no question about it at all. Nickelback and Creed are shit.

* Correction. The difference = You like Green Day but you don't like Creed or Nickelback.  Obviously there is a doubt, because I'm not alone in calling them a sub-par band.

Green Day hasn't written a single good song since 2000. It's laughable that you think they are "one of the greatest bands on the planet". I can think of so many other bands better than Green Day. I'm not calling them the worst musical act ever, but still. I know that Green Day's bassist was influenced a lot by Duff ; mostly because of their punk rock roots. But Green Day as a whole is just not a band that should be inducting Guns N' Roses .
vicariousexistence
Headliner

« Reply #1763 on: April 03, 2012, 06:47:31 PM »

yea, and i never thought izzy would be leading the charge of that disappointment.

Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #1764 on: April 03, 2012, 06:48:03 PM »

dude Green Day is one of the biggest bands of the last 25 years, and in my opinion the best band to come out of the 90's, at the very least they are the most relevant 90's band here in 2012.  They are one of the most influential bands of all-time and will be joining the Hall of Fame on the first ballot in about 2 years.  Seriously, what is wrong with some of you?  You couldn't ask for a bigger name with as much cred as Green Day...oh and they have been doing it for over 20 years and are still packing arenas and are at the top of their game..  Fucking amazing choice.  This debacle of a Hall of Fame ceremony finally just became cool.

But no, some of you will bitch and moan and want dinosaurs like Steven Tyler to induct them.  Seriously some of you have to listen to some newer music.

Yeah, Lady Gaga is really popular too!  Let's have her induct Guns!  At least she wears their t-shirts!

its got nothing to do with being popular, Green Day is massively influential as well, and a first ballot Hall of Famer themselves in a few years when their time comes.

Honestly if Green Day were mentioned before today I would have said A. They are too big to do it or B. they wouldnt be interested.

It has EVERYTHING to do with being popular, as you said in your original post.  Go back and read what you wrote.
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #1765 on: April 03, 2012, 06:51:37 PM »

dude Green Day is one of the biggest bands of the last 25 years, and in my opinion the best band to come out of the 90's, at the very least they are the most relevant 90's band here in 2012.  They are one of the most influential bands of all-time and will be joining the Hall of Fame on the first ballot in about 2 years.  Seriously, what is wrong with some of you?  You couldn't ask for a bigger name with as much cred as Green Day...oh and they have been doing it for over 20 years and are still packing arenas and are at the top of their game..  Fucking amazing choice.  This debacle of a Hall of Fame ceremony finally just became cool.

But no, some of you will bitch and moan and want dinosaurs like Steven Tyler to induct them.  Seriously some of you have to listen to some newer music.

Yeah, Lady Gaga is really popular too!  Let's have her induct Guns!  At least she wears their t-shirts!

its got nothing to do with being popular, Green Day is massively influential as well, and a first ballot Hall of Famer themselves in a few years when their time comes.

Honestly if Green Day were mentioned before today I would have said A. They are too big to do it or B. they wouldnt be interested.

It has EVERYTHING to do with being popular, as you said in your original post.  Go back and read what you wrote.

I f'n can't stand Green Day but they are mainstream and acceptable which is probably why they were asked.  Personally, their music makes me want to hurt someone.
WTTJ_91
Rocker

« Reply #1766 on: April 03, 2012, 06:52:18 PM »

yea, and i never thought izzy would be leading the charge of that disappointment.

This is ridiculous. First of all you should never base you happiness in another person's actions, that is ABSURD. None of these people owe you anything ; or me, or anyone. They don't have to be forced into situations they would rather not be in. I hope you aren't being serious. I would love, LOVE, a GNR reunion. But i'm not going to hold my breathe, and I'm for sure not going to base a decade of my life on it.
vicariousexistence
Headliner

« Reply #1767 on: April 03, 2012, 06:54:42 PM »

This is ridiculous. First of all you should never base you happiness in another person's actions, that is ABSURD. None of these people owe you anything ; or me, or anyone. They don't have to be forced into situations they would rather not be in. I hope you aren't being serious. I would love, LOVE, a GNR reunion. But i'm not going to hold my breathe, and I'm for sure not going to base a decade of my life on it.

they dont owe me anything, sure.  but, yes, i have based the last 10 years on the hopes that the 5 of them would be in the same room together.  anyone who knows me would confirm.  it's the dream of my life.

WTTJ_91
Rocker

« Reply #1768 on: April 03, 2012, 06:56:31 PM »

they dont owe me anything, sure.  but, yes, i have based the last 10 years on the hopes that the 5 of them would be in the same room together.  anyone who knows me would confirm.  it's the dream of my life.

You need to seriously reevaluate your life. Take away the fact that they are a world famous rock band, take away the fact that they are even musicians, let's just take away everything. Your ultimate life dream is to force five people into a room against their wishes? That's asine dude.
CIAT
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #1769 on: April 03, 2012, 06:56:46 PM »

sebastian bach has an amazing voice, so, yea, at least having someone talented would have been cool.

Sebastion Bach has an annoying voice.

We have annoying posters here on HTGTH - doesn't mean we hate them.

Or does it?

But I'm still unsure about Green Day... maybe they're just bluffing, trying to get Axl and the guys to play.

Never said I hate Baz. He's alright when he's not talking/singing.

Broski
vicariousexistence
Headliner

« Reply #1770 on: April 03, 2012, 06:57:14 PM »

You need to seriously reevaluate your life. Take away the fact that they are a world famous rock band, take away the fact that they are even musicians, let's just take away everything. Your ultimate life dream is to force five people into a room against their wishes? That's asine dude.

ideally it wouldnt be by force.

ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #1771 on: April 03, 2012, 06:57:21 PM »

one of this generation's biggest bands

I don't know wheter to cry or laugh  no rofl

If the last 15 years of music sucked ball, it  doesn't necessarily mean that one of the less shitty band of the period is "big"
« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 07:00:46 PM by ITARocker » Logged
volcano62
VIP

I Am Inconquerable

« Reply #1772 on: April 03, 2012, 06:58:16 PM »

This is great! I love Green Day they are all great guys, great musicians and are extremely funny.

Amazing Green Day albums:
Dookie
Insomniac
American Idiot

Must hear Green Day albums:
Nimrod
Kerplunk
Warning

Green Day albums I cannot stand:
21st Century Breakdown
1039 Hours

Montreal 1992
Quebec City 2006
Montreal 2010
Ottawa 2010
Quebec City 2013
Montreal 2013
CIAT
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #1773 on: April 03, 2012, 06:58:57 PM »

I nominate vicariousexcistence for poster of the year.

Broski
WTTJ_91
Rocker

« Reply #1774 on: April 03, 2012, 06:59:10 PM »

that doesn't negate that your ultimate life dream is to attempt to change people's opinions of each other. Why not just let these people be? It's absurd. I'm the biggest Slash fan boy ever, I want to see him and Axl on a stage. But I'm not gonna make it my "dream" that's just insanity.
vicariousexistence
Headliner

« Reply #1775 on: April 03, 2012, 07:05:33 PM »

that doesn't negate that your ultimate life dream is to attempt to change people's opinions of each other. Why not just let these people be? It's absurd. I'm the biggest Slash fan boy ever, I want to see him and Axl on a stage. But I'm not gonna make it my "dream" that's just insanity.

it's the one thing i want for my life.  things havent worked out for me in all aspects of life but i've fought on so that i would not miss this one moment. 

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1776 on: April 03, 2012, 07:09:21 PM »

Your username is kinda ironic in that sense.

If it's true what you're saying...

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
vicariousexistence
Headliner

« Reply #1777 on: April 03, 2012, 07:11:34 PM »

Your username is kinda ironic in that sense.

If it's true what you're saying...

/jarmo

yea, i smiled at the irony when i was creating it.  whether or not it's a fucking waste of time, it's too late now.

freddiebrph
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1778 on: April 03, 2012, 07:44:00 PM »

People complaining about one of this generation's biggest bands inducting one of a previous generation's biggest bands are stupid.
Maybe y'all should stop being hipster douches and not just hate something because it's popular.

So if Nickelback inducted GN'R you'd be fine? Creed? Both are arguably this generations biggest acts. Linkin Park maybe? Being popular doesn't make you suck, sucking makes you suck.

Wouldn't mind Linkin Park. But not Nickelback or Creed.
The difference? Green Day are without a doubt one of the greatest bands on the planet right now. Just see them live... one of the few bands that can hold a candle to GN'R in an arena setting. There's absolutely no question about it at all. Nickelback and Creed are shit.

* Correction. The difference = You like Green Day but you don't like Creed or Nickelback.  Obviously there is a doubt, because I'm not alone in calling them a sub-par band.

Green Day hasn't written a single good song since 2000. It's laughable that you think they are "one of the greatest bands on the planet". I can think of so many other bands better than Green Day. I'm not calling them the worst musical act ever, but still. I know that Green Day's bassist was influenced a lot by Duff ; mostly because of their punk rock roots. But Green Day as a whole is just not a band that should be inducting Guns N' Roses .

GNR Like Green day broke alot of molds.  Punk rock is where its at today because of a lot of things they have done.  Its easy to sit behind your computer and call bands "sell outs" because heaven forbid they want to make money for something they are good at.  They have plenty of great songs, just because you dont believe that to be true, doenst make it a fact.  Have you ever been to a green day concert?  they sing lots of their hits and do plenty of covers. (sound familiar?).  Their is no way we all were going to love the band who was inducting them.  Just be happy they are getting in and hope that the original members do whats right for us fans who "have stuck with them through all the shit"  For you noobies, that is a quote from the song get in the ring.  Just in case you thought gnr started with Chinese D.  :-)
CIAT
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #1779 on: April 03, 2012, 08:00:10 PM »

it's the one thing i want for my life.  things havent worked out for me in all aspects of life but i've fought on so that i would not miss this one moment. 

BBA?

Broski
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 158 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: