Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 04:12:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227904 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Robin leaving? Just touring?
Pages: 1 ... 231 232 [233] 234 235 ... 237 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Robin leaving? Just touring?  (Read 734479 times)
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #4640 on: March 20, 2009, 02:51:41 PM »

again, i'm not hiding in slash's ass or anything but, imo, there isn't an estranged, November Rain, YCBM, SCOM, Rocket Queen, type solo on chinese demcocracy, and i love chinese democracy!
There isn't a Street Of Dreams, Better, This I Love and There Was A Time typo solo on Appetite or Illusions, and I love both.

daviebuckethead
VIP

it'd be a long time for anyone..........

« Reply #4641 on: March 20, 2009, 05:24:40 PM »

screen name is daviebuckethead, because i registered in 2002. GnR had a new guitar player at the time, and i was showing a bit of support. I do think that buckethead is a technically superb guitar player, his solo stuff just isnt my thing though.

i still dont see where you think i am comparing robin to anyone.....but hey ho.

so whats "unique" about Robin, in a guitar sense?

is it that gary moore sustain?  rofl

^sarcasm

everytime i see them makes me wish i had a gun.....
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #4642 on: March 20, 2009, 05:28:10 PM »

screen name is daviebuckethead, because i registered in 2002. GnR had a new guitar player at the time, and i was showing a bit of support. I do think that buckethead is a technically superb guitar player, his solo stuff just isnt my thing though.

is that gary moore sustain?  rofl

^sarcasm

He play's with alot of emotion ! you can see it on his face when he plays.  He feel's the music ! well I guess that's not as cool, compared to some other guitarist who stand there and play with a cigarette in his mouth, that was cool in 1987.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #4643 on: March 20, 2009, 05:47:07 PM »

is it that gary moore sustain?  rofl

^sarcasm

If you can't notice, maybe you should double check your ear.

Just think for a second: why would Axl want him? Or Trent, for that matter?

maynard
« Reply #4644 on: March 20, 2009, 06:05:05 PM »

@robinfincktwits: So psyched about this tour upcomin' on. http://www.ninja2009.com/
Skunk
Rocker

« Reply #4645 on: March 20, 2009, 06:18:10 PM »

If you don't feel the This I Love solo, then i think you won't feel Robin's playing at all.
For me that solo is perfect for the song and an emotional hilight on the album.

I think that solo shows why Axl wanted him in GNR.
The writing credit on Better says a lot too.
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #4646 on: March 20, 2009, 06:36:40 PM »

If you don't feel the This I Love solo, then i think you won't feel Robin's playing at all.
For me that solo is perfect for the song and an emotional hilight on the album.

I think that solo shows why Axl wanted him in GNR.
The writing credit on Better says a lot too.

How can you not like this guy ?

credit NIN.com

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #4647 on: March 20, 2009, 06:43:01 PM »

Robins TIL solo is amazing. I had it blasting the other day. You do not hear solos like that anymore.

His ability to create a song like Better and write a solo like at the end of BEtter is amazing as well.
s
Everyone knows how I feel about Bucket but Robin is right up there with him. He might not have his hands/influences in every song like I feel Bucket does...but when he does...its just as good as Buckets

this is why I am a dissapointed GNR fan. Axl was able to come up with not 1, but 2 guitarists who are just as capable as Slash. Not only that,  but they could have built CD and around these 2 guys. Slash who? Slash fukin who? Robin and Bucket are simply amazing. The fact that one person, nevermind a section of a fanbase can say that, is also an amazing accomplishment for Axl.

No gnr lineup in its history can match that 02 lineup. Supporting GNR is one thing. But man my support was passion with that 02 lineup.

The lineup now is bland and boring. Robin disreagrd all the trash in this thread and please come backkkkkkk

« Last Edit: March 20, 2009, 06:44:39 PM by younggunner » Logged

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #4648 on: March 20, 2009, 07:30:06 PM »

i totally get you man, robin did have something different and special, but i'm growing on the idea of the band without him... maybe something good will come, but i still want him to comeback, we all have to listen to robin's SRV's solo for the next cd..

Chinese Democracy!
maynard
« Reply #4649 on: March 20, 2009, 07:36:50 PM »

Robins TIL solo is amazing. I had it blasting the other day. You do not hear solos like that anymore.

His ability to create a song like Better and write a solo like at the end of BEtter is amazing as well.
s
Everyone knows how I feel about Bucket but Robin is right up there with him. He might not have his hands/influences in every song like I feel Bucket does...but when he does...its just as good as Buckets

this is why I am a dissapointed GNR fan. Axl was able to come up with not 1, but 2 guitarists who are just as capable as Slash. Not only that,  but they could have built CD and around these 2 guys. Slash who? Slash fukin who? Robin and Bucket are simply amazing. The fact that one person, nevermind a section of a fanbase can say that, is also an amazing accomplishment for Axl.

No gnr lineup in its history can match that 02 lineup. Supporting GNR is one thing. But man my support was passion with that 02 lineup.

The lineup now is bland and boring. Robin disreagrd all the trash in this thread and please come backkkkkkk

Couldn't agree more. Bumblefoot is a cool dude and all but Bucket is a guitar genius, his solo works are full of masterpieces and his work on CD is mind-blowing. Ron's work is ok and that foot-with-wings-guitar is silly (a lot more than wearing a bucket and a mask).
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #4650 on: March 20, 2009, 07:43:05 PM »

Ron = great
Buckethead = great
Robin = great

It seems to me like some of you only start liking somebody as soon as he's left or it's believed that he's left....  hihi

Axl was able to come up with not 1, but 2 guitarists who are just as capable as Slash.

Only two?

Roll Eyes

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
daviebuckethead
VIP

it'd be a long time for anyone..........

« Reply #4651 on: March 20, 2009, 07:58:03 PM »

is that gary moore sustain?  rofl

^sarcasm

He play's with alot of emotion ! you can see it on his face when he plays.  He feel's the music ! well I guess that's not as cool, compared to some other guitarist who stand there and play with a cigarette in his mouth, that was cool in 1987.

confused

i'll try once more, before i do, i suggest you read the my previous posts on this on the last page.

WHO MENTIONED SLASH!!!!!?!?Huh?

not me!

it was you guys, you hate him so much that you cant stop talking about the guy, which is actually quite strange since you really want everyone to forget him.

everytime i see them makes me wish i had a gun.....
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #4652 on: March 20, 2009, 08:30:53 PM »

Ron = great
Buckethead = great
Robin = great

It seems to me like some of you only start liking somebody as soon as he's left or it's believed that he's left.... 

Quote from: younggunner on Today at 06:43:01 PM
Axl was able to come up with not 1, but 2 guitarists who are just as capable as Slash.

Only two?

In life we have measures of scale

1-10
horrific to great, and everything in between

in your world, any guitarist who steps on stage with Axl is great

with the rest of the world we have a different way of ranking or characterizing a persons abilities, contributions, etc

Slash, Bucket and Robin are great because they have CREATED something special with GNR.

Bfoot is cool and very good. But please tell me what he has created from scratch that is special? This is not a knock on Bfoot. If he does, in the way that the above 3 have, then he can join the club too(ifit was great) ok

If we measure guitarists the way you do then anyone here can be great if they were lucky enought to play with Axl for awhile.

It doesnt work like that.

You have to produce.

« Last Edit: March 20, 2009, 08:34:21 PM by younggunner » Logged

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #4653 on: March 20, 2009, 09:44:59 PM »

In life we have measures of scale

1-10
horrific to great, and everything in between

Yeah. And in life sometimes it's a waste of time to compare apples to oranges.  Cheesy

They're all great at what they do. Different people, different styles.

Axl brought them in and made it work.

I believe Bumblefoot is on every track on the album, so he's part of it. He also plays a nice solo in Catcher In The Rye. And you got him playing a solos in Shackler's Revenge, Riad N' The Bedouins.....

To say he's not created anything special is a bit disrespectful.

If we measure guitarists the way you do then anyone here can be great if they were lucky enought to play with Axl for awhile.

Using your logic, if it's not the 2002 line up, it can't be great.....  hihi

/jarmo
« Last Edit: March 20, 2009, 10:07:38 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #4654 on: March 20, 2009, 11:10:57 PM »

you hate him so much that you cant stop talking about the guy, which is actually quite strange since you really want everyone to forget him.
Isn't that exactly what you're doing when you came to a Robin thread to disrespect everything he achieved?

Bfoot is cool and very good. But please tell me what he has created from scratch that is special? This is not a knock on Bfoot. If he does, in the way that the above 3 have, then he can join the club too(ifit was great) ok
Harsh.

He made an amazing job in Shacklers, Catcher, Scraped and Riad. But if "from scratch" you mean a whole song, try Breaking, from his solo album Normal.

GNRFAN20
« Reply #4655 on: March 20, 2009, 11:24:17 PM »

All of them are great.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #4656 on: March 21, 2009, 12:36:59 AM »

He made an amazing job in Shacklers, Catcher, Scraped and Riad. But if "from scratch" you mean a whole song, try Breaking, from his solo album Normal.
Im not saying Ron is bad. Hes very good. And Im sure hes capable of creating some great stuff for GNR. Time will tell. You dont have to tell me about his solo work because I have his Anthology album. He sent it to me mad long ago when he was first rumored to be auditioning/playing with GNR. Its a very cool and fun album.

But you cant compare him to Bucket or Robin in terms of GNR....not yet atleast.

Yeah. And in life sometimes it's a waste of time to compare apples to oranges. 

They're all great at what they do. Different people, different styles.

Axl brought them in and made it work.

Im not comparing apples to organges. They are all guitarists.

Not everyone in life is great. Like I said you have to earn greatness. It just doesnt come because your associated with Axl

believe Bumblefoot is on every track on the album, so he's part of it. He also plays a nice solo in Catcher In The Rye. And you got him playing a solos in Shackler's Revenge, Riad N' The Bedouins.....

To say he's not created anything special is a bit disrespectful.

Did I knock his contribtions? Did I say hes not talented? I love his SR solo. Im not a big fan of his overall live sound but this next tour we'll see how its developed.

To label anyone and everyone great is being disrespectful to people who are actually great.

Using your logic, if it's not the 2002 line up, it can't be great.....
My logic is simple. If you create greatness then you are great. The 2002 lineup was great. The old lineup was great. This lineup is lacking the firepower at guitars. We will see how Bfoot develops and who/if there is another guitarist replaces Robin.

We know whoever it is you will think they are great right off the bat. The rest of us we will have to wait and see.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #4657 on: March 21, 2009, 02:24:59 AM »

Im not comparing apples to organges. They are all guitarists.

But very different.

To label anyone and everyone great is being disrespectful to people who are actually great.

If you don't think Bumblefoot is great, then you need to look up the definition once again.

Also, since you keep going on about how everybody who plays with GN'R is great, you're right.

I happen to have more faith in GN'R picking out who's great and who's not than you. I'm sorry, that's just how I see it.

I don't believe for one second that these three guys in question were picked to be in GN'R because they're less than great. Do you?

We're not talking about people who happened to be in the same bar at the same time anymore.

/jarmo

grog mug
Legend

« Reply #4658 on: March 21, 2009, 02:36:24 AM »

It's been said quite a few times before, but if Axl brings Buckethead back then GN'R will be back on top of the game once again!  A little promotion might help move things along as well!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #4659 on: March 21, 2009, 03:07:37 AM »

Ron completely to quote Trent Reznor, pisses on Robin's shoes and kicks them out the door.

Are u kidding me?

dude co'wrote one song and the only cool parts of it are the bucket additions and the one riff before the angry axl vocals.

Watch somebody on Youtube play Better. Any guitar player with 6 months experience could play it.

I just don't understand why people act like it is this huge loss if the guy fucked axl over again and left him high and dry. Once again, I say good riddance. If u don't want to be in GNR, get the hell out but stop coming back like its some open house.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Pages: 1 ... 231 232 [233] 234 235 ... 237 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: