Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 07:43:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227942 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Fortus will be back in studio for GnR this month
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Fortus will be back in studio for GnR this month  (Read 63007 times)
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #200 on: December 07, 2005, 10:56:44 PM »

I'm not gonna nick-pick, but, does he mention "guitar work" or just "work"??

...to "finish the recording for Chinese Democracy"...
I find it hard to believe that its not finished by now, considering the fact that release dates were being tossed around. Axl getting cold feet again? Material not good enough? Remember, awhile back, some producer told Axl he only had 3 good songs. Add one more to that, and you've got yourself an EP! hihi
From what I understand that was bullshit, and the guy that claimed that has been known to make? up stuff.
Esp since every one else that heard the various versions of CD since 1999 have all said how good it is.

where was this theory dispelled?

it sounds quite feasible to me
Jimmy, it wasn't a theory. Some producer actually said that after listening to CD, there was only 3 songs worthy of an album. I dont remember the guy's name. Maybe someone here does. Maybe someone can find his quotes about CD. Dave has a point. Some people have said how great CD is. But were they being honest, or just kissing Axl's ass? I think a producer neutral to the situation is more believable than someone closely associated with the project.

I think the producer was Bob Ezrin but the source I'm not sure of

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #201 on: December 07, 2005, 11:03:20 PM »

I find it hard to believe that its not finished by now, considering the fact that release dates were being tossed around. Axl getting cold feet again? Material not good enough? Remember, awhile back, some producer told Axl he only had 3 good songs. Add one more to that, and you've got yourself an EP! hihi
From what I understand that was bullshit, and the guy that claimed that has been known to make? up stuff.
Esp since every one else that heard the various versions of CD since 1999 have all said how good it is.

Jimmy, it wasn't a theory. Some producer actually said that after listening to CD, there was only 3 songs worthy of an album. I dont remember the guy's name. Maybe someone here does. Maybe someone can find his quotes about CD. Dave has a point. Some people have said how great CD is. But were they being honest, or just kissing Axl's ass? I think a producer neutral to the situation is more believable than someone closely associated with the project.

I think the producer was Bob Ezrin but the source I'm not sure of
I would love to have seen the look on Axl's face when the guy told him that after all these years of work, he had 3 songs that were album worthy. hihi Anyone know the exact quotes? When did he say this?

jimmythegent
Legend

« Reply #202 on: December 07, 2005, 11:05:12 PM »

Im pretty sure it was a kind of second generation source

perhaps Ross Halfin relayed?? I could be wrong

dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #203 on: December 07, 2005, 11:06:50 PM »

No the point is the person claiming there were just three good songs is a known liar. His name escapes me.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
jimmythegent
Legend

« Reply #204 on: December 07, 2005, 11:08:50 PM »

No the point is the person claiming there were just three good songs is a known liar. His name escapes me.

That would be the legendary and well respected producer who's worked with everyone from Pink Floyd to Janes Addiction, Bob Ezrin  Roll Eyes

jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #205 on: December 07, 2005, 11:11:12 PM »

If he's a KNOWN liar, why does the "name escape you"? And why have you jumped on the bandwagon of people using Axl quotes? confused

-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #206 on: December 07, 2005, 11:12:14 PM »

^^^^^^^ To quote a funny gag from my favorite show Sealab.. "UH-OH!"  rofl.......

When was the quote made?

gnrevolution.com
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #207 on: December 07, 2005, 11:14:32 PM »

If he's a KNOWN liar, why does the "name escape you"? And why have you jumped on the bandwagon of people using Axl quotes? confused

And  you wonder why I dont post here much, for crap like this.  Roll Eyes    Oh and sorry for using a figure of speech.

Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #208 on: December 07, 2005, 11:15:17 PM »

^^^^^^^ To quote a funny gag from my favorite show Sealab.. "UH-OH!"? rofl.......

When was the quote made?
Axl, referring to Izzy-Tokyo 92

-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #209 on: December 07, 2005, 11:22:04 PM »

Nono.. lol. I mean.. the comment about CD only having like 3 songs that were decent

gnrevolution.com
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #210 on: December 07, 2005, 11:26:59 PM »

Nono.. lol. I mean.. the comment about CD only having like 3 songs that were decent

If this is even true the time frame of when he said this was 99/2000 so that was the album of industrial material that has  been canned. So who knows what the three good songs were if that is even true since other people said the 99/2000 album were really great.

jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #211 on: December 07, 2005, 11:36:20 PM »

If this is even true the time frame of when he said this was 99/2000 so that was the album of industrial material that has? been canned. So who knows what the three good songs were if that is even true since other people said the 99/2000 album were really great.
Dave, its true. Of course, its just his opinion, but the guy really said it. I'm not positive, but I think you're wrong on your timeframe. I think he said it more recently than that.

dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #212 on: December 07, 2005, 11:46:17 PM »

If this is even true the time frame of when he said this was 99/2000 so that was the album of industrial material that has? been canned. So who knows what the three good songs were if that is even true since other people said the 99/2000 album were really great.
Dave, its true. Of course, its just his opinion, but the guy really said it. I'm not positive, but I think you're wrong on your timeframe. I think he said it more recently than that.

Im not saying he didnt say it. But if you take, CD, the blues, madagascar and IRS that is already 4 strong songs, so I dont know where he is getting three from.

jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #213 on: December 07, 2005, 11:49:38 PM »

Im not saying he didnt say it. But if you take, CD, the blues, madagascar and IRS that is already 4 strong songs, so I dont know where he is getting three from.
Good point. I agree that those songs are good. I noticed you left Riyadh off your list of good songs. hihi Maybe he doesn't consider IRS very good, or maybe the guy just has really high standards.

dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #214 on: December 08, 2005, 12:06:01 AM »

Good point. I agree that those songs are good. I noticed you left Riyadh off your list of good songs. hihi Maybe he doesn't consider IRS very good, or maybe the guy just has really high standards.

I like riyadh and its good but its not strong as a song like irs, the blues, madagascar or CD. Riyadh as much as i love it, always seem unfinished.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #215 on: December 08, 2005, 12:45:08 AM »

Ive always gave Axl the benefit of the doubt but there is gonna come a time where if he doesnt release this album, U are gonna have to start thinking that maybe he just doesnt have any good songs.

I mean if the album was brilliant I think we'd have it by now.

So there is a chance that the album sucks and Geffen wont release it because it sucks.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Sino-lieS
Headliner

"...Just another day in Hell..."

« Reply #216 on: December 08, 2005, 01:34:31 AM »

Damn!!   I also remember a producer saying this more recently...like in 2004 sometime it surfaced. If memory serves me...and it usually doesn't LOL...it was something to the effect that 3 songs were really good, and the others he wanted to be redone. then he was canned and then we got these crazy words about there being only 3 songs. Maybe he was just angry at being offed?....AGAIN....this is just from a vague memory! LOL...DO NOT trust me 100%...I will try hard and find the sources!!!  ok

on a side note.....I find it VERY hard to believe there are only 3 good songs. I mean the new ones are great. Plus we have people from all over saying it is a classic in the works.

I have a question tho.......Is there any truth to IZZY apparently being one of the only people to hear almost the whole album?HuhHuh

AND.....As for Fortus...It makes sense for this to be a small issue. As one poster pointed out...it IS XMAS and he does have a family. But then again Axl has been known to delay or cancel XMAS  hihi

IRON Mike

"You'll see it. I don't know if SOON is the word."
" ...just another day in Hell... "
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #217 on: December 08, 2005, 01:37:56 AM »

U dont replace guitarists like Izzy Stradlin and Slash easily.

Who is to say that Finck,Fortus and whoever else are capable of writing kick ass riffs?

Didnt geffen reject the album once as well?

Listen its real simple

u dont go through multiple producers and musicians if the music kicks ass and is full of masterpieces.

I think something is seriously wrong in GNR land.

it is possible that the songs we've heard were the Big Guns and once they werent received very well on tour that destroyed axl's confidence and they keep trying.

if the album was a masterpiece, we'd have it by now.

younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #218 on: December 08, 2005, 01:47:39 AM »

I think something is seriously wrong in GNR land
yea i think whats wrong is that the album is not out because of every reason other then the material not being good. thats what i think is wrong with the situation.

as for the producers... i think each were brought in for each kind of genre/style of songs they were working on. Not for just 1 album. I think before releasing this album Axl wants to make sure each song is represented the way he wantsa and has the right feel. And in doing so he has probably exhausted every means possible to achieve that.

I highly doubt the quality of the album will be lacking. Axl is a smart guy and more importanly a talented guy. Can the new guys pick up where the old left off? Who knows...But what I do know is that Buckethead and Stinson can write quality material, so thats a start. I also know that Axl wouldnt put out a gnr album if he felt it didnt live uup to its potential.

we can speculate all we want...but we really dont know...we all have not a clue....when that album is in our hands many questions will be solved....

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #219 on: December 08, 2005, 01:53:58 AM »

I think something is seriously wrong in GNR land
yea i think whats wrong is that the album is not out because of every reason other then the material not being good. thats what i think is wrong with the situation.

as for the producers... i think each were brought in for each kind of genre/style of songs they were working on. Not for just 1 album. I think before releasing this album Axl wants to make sure each song is represented the way he wantsa and has the right feel. And in doing so he has probably exhausted every means possible to achieve that.

I highly doubt the quality of the album will be lacking. Axl is a smart guy and more importanly a talented guy. Can the new guys pick up where the old left off? Who knows...But what I do know is that Buckethead and Stinson can write quality material, so thats a start. I also know that Axl wouldnt put out a gnr album if he felt it didnt live uup to its potential.

we can speculate all we want...but we really dont know...we all have not a clue....when that album is in our hands many questions will be solved....

Im hoping that maybe its just not commecial compared to music these days.

The thing is, if Axl is waiting for the musical landscape to change before releasing CD he is messing up because I think Axl is what WILL change the musical landscape.

I am a huge Axl believer but after a few more years im gonna have to start thinking that maybe he just doesnt have the material, I mean it is possible... nervous

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: