Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 06:42:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227981 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Axl laughs at us all to date!,WTF?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl laughs at us all to date!,WTF?  (Read 47734 times)
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #80 on: May 23, 2006, 06:51:45 PM »

Everything from these 'new guns' isn't going under Guns N' Roses on my ipod anyway. All this new leaks n live stuff is going under? 'Axl Rose and friends...' Because lets face thats what it is. Nice to see some people are realists here to and actually would agree with me on that. If you think Chinese Democracy is gonna be better than Appetite, you are a disgrace.

that's pretty much my view, but can't make everyone feel that way..

it's like gnr storms nyc article.. Was it really world famous gnr out there, it could have been anyone out there... it's like the vmas, was that really one of jimmy fallons favorite bands out there?? I mean it's the name, his favorite band wasn't there..  Gnr was a band, now it's an individual using the name.. Everyone is so excited for new gnr that everyone was talking and hoping reunion in music,., Everyone that did interviews as fans was saying I hope to see izzy...
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #81 on: May 23, 2006, 07:31:56 PM »

Everything from these 'new guns' isn't going under Guns N' Roses on my ipod anyway. All this new leaks n live stuff is going under  'Axl Rose and friends...' Because lets face thats what it is. Nice to see some people are realists here to and actually would agree with me on that. If you think Chinese Democracy is gonna be better than Appetite, you are a disgrace.

that's pretty much my view, but can't make everyone feel that way..

it's like gnr storms nyc article.. Was it really world famous gnr out there, it could have been anyone out there... it's like the vmas, was that really one of jimmy fallons favorite bands out there?? I mean it's the name, his favorite band wasn't there..  Gnr was a band, now it's an individual using the name.. Everyone is so excited for new gnr that everyone was talking and hoping reunion in music,., Everyone that did interviews as fans was saying I hope to see izzy...

I personally continue to be disinterested in Izzy rejoining in any fashion. And I still cannot understand how people who went to the Hammerstein gigs don't see that they are very much functioning as a true band by this point.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
head-off elephant
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #82 on: May 23, 2006, 07:38:54 PM »

I bet most of the pro "nu gnr", have never seen the real gnr live
McGann
Haiku writing motherfucker
VIP

My hat is HEAVY-DUTY tinfoil

« Reply #83 on: May 23, 2006, 08:00:03 PM »

I certainly did.
"New" Guns is Guns n' Roses.
That's the way it is.

Splash

/Mike

"When fascism came to America, it was called 'Political Correctness' and waved a culturally relative flag."
-Mike McGann
head-off elephant
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #84 on: May 23, 2006, 08:09:22 PM »

gnr was a particular group of people

look how much the lineup has changed just in the paast 50 years whilst recording CD

its just axl and a load of hired guns

take a car, then strip the thing leaving only a engine... is it still a car?? nope just a engine calling itself a car :/
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #85 on: May 23, 2006, 08:21:27 PM »

why did you change the thread title Ven?

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #86 on: May 23, 2006, 09:15:01 PM »

I saw GNR in 91, 92, 93, 02 & 06. Having seen about incarnation I can say that this band really has what it takes to be Guns N 'Roses.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
eNgIeS
Rocker

OHHHH RIGGGHHHTT

« Reply #87 on: May 24, 2006, 04:14:35 AM »

But he cant own our opinion & view of reality

If you want to think
That two plus two equals five,
You may.  But it's false.

Splash

/Mike

Ok McGann.....so you're telling me this current band we are seeing called Guns N Roses is the same one responsible for hits like Jungle, Paradise, Sweet Child & November Rain?
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #88 on: May 24, 2006, 04:23:38 AM »

I always thought of gnr as the young guys brought up by your farm team in baseball.. Home grown talent that your team raised that became stars, unknowns..

I look at the newer like a team that wins the world series but are made up of all stars simply to win... Kind of like a yankee thing, sure they are very talented but it's not the same as raising them yourself..

For the record I have done nothing but praise each player, so I am not talking about their talents, just simply the use of name and how big this band is..

There's a reason each time I tell someone I went to hammerstein or I'm going that they say it's "only" axl right? Granted I speak to people my age or older, so they tend to be more faithfull and realistic about values in who's in a legendary band
eNgIeS
Rocker

OHHHH RIGGGHHHTT

« Reply #89 on: May 24, 2006, 04:29:20 AM »

Everything from these 'new guns' isn't going under Guns N' Roses on my ipod anyway. All this new leaks n live stuff is going under  'Axl Rose and friends...' Because lets face thats what it is. Nice to see some people are realists here to and actually would agree with me on that. If you think Chinese Democracy is gonna be better than Appetite, you are a disgrace.

Agree wholeheartedly
eNgIeS
Rocker

OHHHH RIGGGHHHTT

« Reply #90 on: May 24, 2006, 04:34:33 AM »

I always thought of gnr as the young guys brought up by your farm team in baseball.. Home grown talent that your team raised that became stars, unknowns..

I look at the newer like a team that wins the world series but are made up of all stars simply to win... Kind of like a yankee thing, sure they are very talented but it's not the same as raising them yourself..

For the record I have done nothing but praise each player, so I am not talking about their talents, just simply the use of name and how big this band is..

There's a reason each time I tell someone I went to hammerstein or I'm going that they say it's "only" axl right? Granted I speak to people my age or older, so they tend to be more faithfull and realistic about values in who's in a legendary band

Yes most people I know (casual fans who would still go to the concert coz they like the songs) say its only Axl, or the ones that say ohh they're back i say "no not all band members on axl is back" "that sucks then" "nah the musics good the bands good they just arent the same GNR as b4" "thats sucks not looking forward to the album"

Its a shame but thats the battle they face. I personally think callin the band Axl or Axl Rose or even Rose would still do well just because Axl is Axl, but by calling it GNR it confuses ppl & some will fell ripped off (come on, u dont tell me u dont feel a lil ripped off not seeing Duff Slash & Izzy in the band with Axl)
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #91 on: May 24, 2006, 04:44:03 AM »

(come on, u dont tell me u dont feel a lil ripped off not seeing Duff Slash & Izzy in the band with Axl)

of course I went to each show in nyc,... I twas very tough because I was raised on gnr another way... Slash for me was a main part, every solo I hear from every song I love is him whaling away, every time I watch making the videos or wttv's it's him and them...  The hardest part too is not being so familiar with the new lineup, then having so many old tunes played by people who had nothing to do with them... I know what the beatles should look like, it can't just be anyone with that name.. peace
estrangedpaul
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #92 on: May 24, 2006, 05:58:22 AM »

and dont think for a moment that if slash and duff owned the guns n roses name, that VR wouldnt actually be GNR. ?and VR songs dont compare to the GNR's new songs, so Axl did us a favor ......... and please some one tell me when did axl say new songs are coming !!!!!!!!

"People will hear music this year"

Rolling Stone Interview Jan 2006

estrangedpaul
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #93 on: May 24, 2006, 06:04:23 AM »

No its doesnt work like that.. So it would have been perfectly fine for McCartney to run around touring the country calling himself the Beatles.. No!! your comparison is just a way for you to justify it!

No the comparison is spot on... Guns N Roses was never AGREED upon to be disbanded...the root of the members leaving rested in Axl and Duff/Slash disagreeing about musical direction, Axl stood his ground, so did those guys... but they LEFT.. the three never said "Guns N Roses" is no more.... what would you have preferred, the name to die in musical complacency/laziness, or would you prefer the result that happened, Axl taking his time, trying out new members, and eventually putting out an album that will live up to the old name..... I'd rather see the name try to live on, then just die because some people didnt want to try new things...

Firstly, in reference to the name dying, you could argue that's whats been happening for the last 13 years. Very slowly. But, it's always better to burn out then fade away. He's attempting to ressurect it now but he allowed GnR to fade away instead of burning out, not a good thing for their legacy.
if an appetite rehash happened gnr would be looked upon as an 80's hair band or some shitball act like poison...

An Appetite Rehash is exactly what's happening at these gigs, so to use that as a defence for Axl is odd. Third of all, I love Appetite and I don't care if music critics or anyone else look upon them as an 80's band, another hard rock album would have been perfect. In fact that's what Axl wanted to do had Slash stayed in the band.

estrangedpaul
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #94 on: May 24, 2006, 06:08:41 AM »

The Beatles were larger then GNR..

i know that, but known of the members own the songs ... which are worth a shit load.? Axl owsn the gnr catalogue and the old members get royalties.

Money and who legally owning the rights doesn't make it right. It makes it legal, but it doesn't make it GnR. If Michael Jackson started a beatles cover band and called it the Beatles, whether or not he had a legal case still wouldn't make it right.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2006, 06:29:16 AM by estrangedpaul » Logged

estrangedpaul
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #95 on: May 24, 2006, 06:10:33 AM »

Well people, you're really crazy? rofl hihi rofl hihi rofl hihi rofl hihi rofl hihi rofl hihi rofl hihi rofl hihi THIS IS NOT GUNS N' ROSESTHIS IS NOT GUNS N' ROSESTHIS IS NOT GUNS N' ROSESTHIS IS NOT GUNS N' ROSESTHIS IS NOT GUNS N' ROSESTHIS IS NOT GUNS N' ROSESTHIS IS NOT GUNS N' ROSESTHIS IS NOT GUNS N' ROSESTHIS IS NOT GUNS N' ROSESTHIS IS NOT GUNS N' ROSESTHIS IS NOT GUNS N' ROSES
VELVET REVOLVER IS more Guns thing than axl's band, 3>1, It's logic, Axl is the best but he's been disappeared all these years due to this, this is his mainly personal problem, he really thinks he's guns n' roses but knows the truth

IMO, GNR does not exist without Axl Rose.
Does The Doors exist without Jim Morisson?

IMO GNR shouldn't exist without Slash or Izzy either.

estrangedpaul
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #96 on: May 24, 2006, 06:17:13 AM »

Slash's talent is playing the guitar.? Do you really think his riffs made GNR huge?

Well, most casual fan says SCOM is the best song and that was their biggest hit and most people say Slash's intro riff is GnR's best moment so your first point is clearly bullshit. The intro to WTTJ and the outro to NR and all his parts to PC were key to the success of them songs also, so Slash played a big part in all the hits, which is what makes a band huge in the first place.

Most of the GNR fans can't tell if what they hear is a Slash or a Richie Sambora riff.

It's easy to tell the difference between a Slash and Richie Sambora riff. Slash's riffs are classic, Richies are shit.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2006, 06:31:33 AM by estrangedpaul » Logged

estrangedpaul
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #97 on: May 24, 2006, 06:18:14 AM »

If you and four people built a home... then over time four of the people who helped build the home left you alone. Wouldn't it still be the same home and wouldn't you be allowed to invite in whoever you may wish.. peace

Especially if the home is in your name...

Yeah, but only because you threatened to burn it down unless it was signed over!

estrangedpaul
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #98 on: May 24, 2006, 06:33:24 AM »

Even Axl is referring to the bands as NewGnR and OldGnR interviews. Even when Izzy left people weren't specifying the difference. Therefore Axl has admitted this is a new band. Therefore this is not Guns N' Roses.

Mr.Bootlegs
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #99 on: May 24, 2006, 06:39:57 AM »

Lets put this in the context of other major bands of the last 40 years. Someone mentioned The Beatles. Well what if Led Zeppelin continued with only Plant? What if Black Sabbath continued with only Dio or Ozzy?, What if AC/DC continued with brian johnson? Ask yourself that question for every classic band there has ever been, those are just some of my faves. And now ask yourself this, What if Guns N' Roses continued with only Axl?
It would be sacrelige, just like the rest of 'em.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: