Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 18, 2024, 11:06:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227669 Posts in 43239 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 433 434 [435] 436 437 ... 492 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1546500 times)
rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #8680 on: July 02, 2021, 09:39:02 PM »

Maybe the format issue does not bother you but I still want a CD release wah! beer

Rizzo160
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #8681 on: July 02, 2021, 09:53:17 PM »

Maybe the format issue does not bother you but I still want a CD release wah! beer
In 2020 streaming was a 10 billion dollar business compared to 1 Billion dollars for  digital download/CD/Vinyl in that order for highest to lowest sales. So it would make sense for the band and label to lead with a streaming game plan and follow with other mediums as a "niche" target. just looking at CD's alone that is a $10 billion to $310 million difference in the market.

The band shouldn't be making plans around CD's
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #8682 on: July 02, 2021, 11:33:12 PM »

The Darkness just announced their new album and are taking preorders for CD, Vinyl and even Cassette. If a band with a small cult following like them can justify multiple physical formats, I don't see why Guns can't. Rock fans certainly buy more physical copies than anyone else.

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #8683 on: July 03, 2021, 07:24:07 AM »

I don't think the question is whether or not there will be any physical release(s). I'm guessing it's more about what format and when.

I mean, when they released the AFD reissue in 2018, it was out on CDs, vinyl, boxset, streaming and tapes.

Some (like the colored tapes) very limited edition things, and others were meant for the masses.

Shadow Of Your Love was released as a vinyl single.

When all those other artists release a new album. They seem to follow the same pattern: A new single on streaming / radio. Few weeks later, repeat the same thing with maybe a video on Youtube. Then the album itself.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #8684 on: July 03, 2021, 07:53:57 AM »

Every big band is still making cds/vinyl and now even cassettes.
Ive seen a trend in small bands (like 1k-10k facebook likes) Are not doing cds but vinyl is still very common.

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #8685 on: July 03, 2021, 06:57:20 PM »

Every big band is still making cds/vinyl and now even cassettes.
Ive seen a trend in small bands (like 1k-10k facebook likes) Are not doing cds but vinyl is still very common.

Not saying they won't make them... I'm saying that physical media makes up about 6% of the music business right now. If trying to figure out how to release new music is a real issue with them, then I would focus on streaming platforms and how to maximize their monetization of that medium... Then all of the clear, red, black, and yellow cassettes/vinyl can come once the content is released. They can slow release tracks during a tour to keep momentum, excitement, and public interest. They can target social media and release songs with video content through their you tube channel. Once they release it all, it get combined on physical media for sale.

Serialize it like what Stephen King did with the Green Mile.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #8686 on: July 04, 2021, 06:35:01 AM »

Yes.

And most the "oh my God, Slash says GN'R don't know how to release new music but every other band does!" comments basically ignored what you just pointed out...

Then there's the excuse of "just release it". Which I'm sure works for some. But that's up to the person responsible for said work to decide, not the audience.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #8687 on: July 04, 2021, 03:22:59 PM »

I do think it would be smart to release a single right before the tour starts to get attention, and then trickle out new tracks as they go along to maintain interest.

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #8688 on: July 05, 2021, 04:45:20 AM »

I think the tour starting is gonna get attention in itself. After all, it's the first tour after the pandemic started....

/jarmo

Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #8689 on: July 05, 2021, 08:19:37 AM »

I think the tour starting is gonna get attention in itself. After all, it's the first tour after the pandemic started....

/jarmo

Yeah I had the same thought, but that made me concerned that the band would be disincentivised from releasing new music.

‘Get busy livin’, or get busy dyin’
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #8690 on: July 05, 2021, 11:15:46 AM »

Yeah I had the same thought, but that made me concerned that the band would be disincentivised from releasing new music.

I think at the end of the day, they'll release the new music when they want to. Not necessarily on a specific date because it would make the most sense for someone else...

What I mean is, if everyone thinks they should/need to release something on a certain date to create buzz, maybe they will just release it once it's ready.....

Use Your Illusion I and II were released between tour legs, and still they managed to tour and create buzz.

Chinese Democracy was released at a time when the band wasn't touring.... The Appetite For Destruction re-issue was released during the 2018 European tour (not before the tour or after)...

So GN'R has always done things their way.  Smiley

/jarmo

Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #8691 on: July 05, 2021, 12:18:11 PM »

One of the interesting and fun things about being a fan of a band/artists is to speculate, discuss, hope for new music, tours, everthing else concerning the band. Its the same as with everything else in entertainment. Sports etc.. Its passion. Thats also way some get frustrated with no news, guessing whats the bands next step bla bla bla...

As long everyone behave.. keep the GnR discusions going.

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #8692 on: July 05, 2021, 03:27:36 PM »

Given the uncertainty surrounding how the release will pan out, I wonder what the first sign/s will be that a release is coming. Do they go for the surprise album or single song release, or create some anticipate buzz by hyping it for 7-10 days beforehand?

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #8693 on: July 06, 2021, 05:54:38 AM »

It's kinda hard to keep a secret these days to be able to pull off a surprise release.

But yeah, it'll be interesting to see what happens. Maybe a teaser clip announcing it and then the full release some days later?

/jarmo

Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #8694 on: July 06, 2021, 08:31:44 AM »

I’m glad that more people are feeling more positive about a new release. It’s more of a case of when not if. So I guess we just wait now: will it be 2021 or 2022? Time will tell  drool

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #8695 on: July 06, 2021, 10:17:50 AM »

I’m glad that more people are feeling more positive about a new release. It’s more of a case of when not if. So I guess we just wait now: will it be 2021 or 2022? Time will tell  drool

What are the quals?

Single?

Album?

Live performance and youtube video release (a la NITL selects)?

Wink

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #8696 on: July 06, 2021, 12:25:41 PM »

That's another point. What will happen first... Song performed live? Or studio version released first, then a live performance?

/jarmo

Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #8697 on: July 06, 2021, 03:42:43 PM »

That's another point. What will happen first... Song performed live? Or studio version released first, then a live performance?

/jarmo

Maybe we will know very soon. If they play a new song on the next tour, there might be a chance its the first single. We know they had a new song on the setlist last year.. or was that just a rumour?

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #8698 on: July 06, 2021, 06:15:30 PM »

Hard school was on the setlist,maybe they will play it live. beer

Rizzo160
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #8699 on: July 06, 2021, 10:24:52 PM »

/jarmo

Maybe we will know very soon. If they play a new song on the next tour, there might be a chance its the first single. We know they had a new song on the setlist last year.. or was that just a rumour?

They could release it after the U.S. Tour between legs this fall/winter.  Then could tour the US in 2022 in the Summer again or later.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
Pages: 1 ... 433 434 [435] 436 437 ... 492 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: