Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:32:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227700 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 432 433 [434] 435 436 ... 492 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1549200 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #8660 on: June 29, 2021, 09:49:44 AM »

The whole concept of waiting.

When you were a kid, you waited for Christmas. You knew it would come. Once per year. Made sense to wait.

Waiting for a GN'R album you don't know when it will come....? Well, that's on you. People get frustrated, angry etc. because they don't get something they have been waiting for.

So yeah, I can't recall a time in the last decades where I felt frustrated or upset because an album didn't come out a a particular moment. But that's me..... Would I've liked to have one out? Of course, as a fan, who wouldn't.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #8661 on: June 29, 2021, 06:56:00 PM »

Waiting for normal things is feasible, waiting for a GNR album is like waiting for the end of the world to come.  It shouldn't be this hard to release an album, plenty of bands released albums during the pandemic. beer

Rizzo160
DAVE ROCK
Rocker

« Reply #8662 on: June 29, 2021, 07:16:05 PM »

Waiting for normal things is feasible, waiting for a GNR album is like waiting for the end of the world to come.  It shouldn't be this hard to release an album, plenty of bands released albums during the pandemic. beer
beer ok

(t)
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #8663 on: June 30, 2021, 03:43:18 AM »

The whole concept of waiting.

When you were a kid, you waited for Christmas. You knew it would come. Once per year. Made sense to wait.

Waiting for a GN'R album you don't know when it will come....? Well, that's on you. People get frustrated, angry etc. because they don't get something they have been waiting for.

So yeah, I can't recall a time in the last decades where I felt frustrated or upset because an album didn't come out a a particular moment. But that's me..... Would I've liked to have one out? Of course, as a fan, who wouldn't.

/jarmo

Are you eager to hear new music?
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #8664 on: June 30, 2021, 04:10:13 AM »

It shouldn't be this hard to release an album, plenty of bands released albums during the pandemic. beer

And around we go....

I'm curious to hear what they will release next. And I think since it didn't happen in 2020, 2021 is a reasonable guess to when it'll happen.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #8665 on: June 30, 2021, 09:23:18 AM »

It shouldn't be this hard to release an album, plenty of bands released albums during the pandemic. beer

And around we go....

I'm curious to hear what they will release next. And I think since it didn't happen in 2020, 2021 is a reasonable guess to when it'll happen.

/jarmo

I think the frustrating part is the charade that new music is on the horizon…when the mountain of evidence shows that new music is simply not a high priority, if at all. All signs point to modern day GNR being a (very good) touring band, but it seems like they don’t want to admit that, and want to keep dangling out the carrot of “figuring out” how to release new music. Maybe they think that interest would wane if they admitted this??? IDK. Actions speak louder than words, and I’ve seen little (if any) action pointing to new music.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #8666 on: June 30, 2021, 10:14:52 AM »

I think the frustrating part is the charade that new music is on the horizon…when the mountain of evidence shows that new music is simply not a high priority, if at all. All signs point to modern day GNR being a (very good) touring band, but it seems like they don’t want to admit that, and want to keep dangling out the carrot of “figuring out” how to release new music. Maybe they think that interest would wane if they admitted this??? IDK. Actions speak louder than words, and I’ve seen little (if any) action pointing to new music.

I don't agree. The tour obviously wasn't a focus when they weren't touring... Wink

I think this is what happened, and I could be wrong:
2014: Tour ended in Las Vegas, next step was to release new music and tour. But there was supposed to be a break. But band members quit, things fizzled out.
2015: Talks of Duff and Slash coming back and reunion rumors started
2016 - 2019: The band was focused on touring, specially in the first few years, but there was talk about working on new material (hence the quotes from Axl, Slash and so on)

/jarmo
« Last Edit: June 30, 2021, 11:47:00 AM by jarmo » Logged

Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #8667 on: June 30, 2021, 01:56:00 PM »

Some of my friends have fun with me for still thinking this, but I think new music is definitely coming sooner than later.  It just seems obvious.  I know people reference past situations with the band, but every situation is unique, I don’t think what happened in 2004 means anything with regards to 2021.

That said I really hope they do something special for the “Illusions” which is my favorite album of all time.  It is the 30 year anniversary so maybe if new music is the goal this year they can do something for the “Illusions” next year , like they did with AFD.  I would love to hear demos/live recordings and all that, they nailed the AFD re-release.

Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #8668 on: June 30, 2021, 02:36:08 PM »

Some of my friends have fun with me for still thinking this, but I think new music is definitely coming sooner than later.  It just seems obvious.  I know people reference past situations with the band, but every situation is unique, I don’t think what happened in 2004 means anything with regards to 2021.

That said I really hope they do something special for the “Illusions” which is my favorite album of all time.  It is the 30 year anniversary so maybe if new music is the goal this year they can do something for the “Illusions” next year , like they did with AFD.  I would love to hear demos/live recordings and all that, they nailed the AFD re-release.

I agree. I would love to see a Illusion boxset, but i  think  they will release new music first.

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #8669 on: June 30, 2021, 05:13:28 PM »

It should be a lot easier to release music since Slash and Duff are back in the band.  It's just figuring out how to release it... and when is the right time.  2020 I believe we would have heard new material if it wasn't for Covid, as they planed on touring in the Summer.  Now with people getting vaccinated, we have some shows coming and I wouldn't be surprised to see something released this fall or winter.  They could tour the U.S. again in 2022... off a possible new album.  I can't wait for these summer shows coming up especially the Vegas show.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2021, 05:20:26 PM by GNR4L » Logged

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #8670 on: June 30, 2021, 05:21:41 PM »

Some people still repeat the "Axl's always late" line. And some say "they don't wanna release anything because they haven't". I think neither one is a correct statement. But that's just my opinion.

/jarmo

Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #8671 on: June 30, 2021, 06:07:11 PM »

Assuming there is an album on the horizon 🤞, what are people’s thoughts on how it might take shape. Standard 14 track album like Chinese. Multiple versions, downloadable extras, delux versions?

I’d love it if guns could someday release Chinese how Axl wanted it to be released. I recall him favouring the grenade cover. Maybe a box set anniversary edition is our best hope in this regard.

For now, I just want to hear The General and SoulMonster.

‘Get busy livin’, or get busy dyin’
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #8672 on: July 01, 2021, 03:16:11 AM »

Assuming there is an album on the horizon 🤞, what are people’s thoughts on how it might take shape. Standard 14 track album like Chinese. Multiple versions, downloadable extras, delux versions?

I’d love it if guns could someday release Chinese how Axl wanted it to be released. I recall him favouring the grenade cover. Maybe a box set anniversary edition is our best hope in this regard.

For now, I just want to hear The General and SoulMonster.

Really have no clue, but i would imagine a 15+/- LP album released on vinyl, CD, digital. It would be cool if there is an edition with extras.. several Vinyl editions with different colors etc

Nytunz.blogspot.com

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #8673 on: July 01, 2021, 12:29:22 PM »

Hopefully get an album sooner than later in that I want it on a CD.Cd sales have diminished and eventually will be discontinued. beer

Rizzo160
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #8674 on: July 02, 2021, 09:05:10 AM »

The format of the release is a secondary concern. What matters is the material itself being released....

It's like people taking shows for granted already and posting setlists and song titles the band "needs to" play...

/jarmo

Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #8675 on: July 02, 2021, 09:49:46 AM »

Totally agree, just thought I’d swerve the chat a bit given that we haven’t heard anything at all about a release. A man can dream  hihi

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #8676 on: July 02, 2021, 10:07:49 AM »

Sure. Smiley

I'm still divided on it. On one hand, I'm used to the concept of an album. You get the full thing at once. With artwork etc.
On the other hand, maybe it's a good time to try something different? Something GN'R hasn't tried before?

/jarmo

C0ma
Legend

« Reply #8677 on: July 02, 2021, 10:39:29 AM »

Sure. Smiley

I'm still divided on it. On one hand, I'm used to the concept of an album. You get the full thing at once. With artwork etc.
On the other hand, maybe it's a good time to try something different? Something GN'R hasn't tried before?

/jarmo

With what they've been doing with the YouTube Not in this Lifetime series, they are more than capable of utilizing social media and streaming platforms to release new music in a series of drops. This model has been used by pop stars in recent years. Then after the "serial" release it can be delivered in a package, which gives them time to see how pieces of it were received and could change the "focus" of the packaging and potentially even the name of the album.
Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #8678 on: July 02, 2021, 11:38:09 AM »

I don’t know, seems like a great idea but I just get the feeling Axl is more of a ‘get the album done and then get it released’ kind of guy. With that said, I did really like the idea of the 3 album/book cover combos that was the original plan for Chinese. I was SO ready to snap all 3 up. Such a shame it didn’t come to fruition. I like how Axl really invested himself in the artwork for cover B which I have displayed on my living room wall  Grin Maybe we could see something like that again?

Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #8679 on: July 02, 2021, 01:51:10 PM »

Whatever they decide to do, i really hope it will be released on Vinyl. Love that format peace

Nytunz.blogspot.com

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Pages: 1 ... 432 433 [434] 435 436 ... 492 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: