Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 03:55:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227936 Posts in 43254 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 492 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1577646 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2440 on: December 02, 2014, 11:58:51 AM »

Sooooo... Since people love to speculate.

Does anybody think the album title will reference the previous album? Or will it be something unrelated?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #2441 on: December 02, 2014, 12:32:52 PM »

Does anybody think the album title will reference the previous album? Or will it be something unrelated?

/jarmo

Assuming most of the songs are from the Bucket/Finck era, plus Axl has referred to it as the second half of Chinese...my (uneducated, entitled, negative) guess is that there would be some connection to CD.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2442 on: December 02, 2014, 12:43:20 PM »

There you go again, making unnecessary comments. Trying to have a somewhat civil discussion and you gotta go there....
Not that I was expecting anything less.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Ja5oN
Rocker

Maybe I'll get it right next time

« Reply #2443 on: December 02, 2014, 12:52:09 PM »

Hhhmmmm.....
Thing is Chinese Democracy was an album and song title which is new for GNR.  So is it the title of another song on the second album?  Is there another part to Chinese Democracy or different version( a la Don't Cry)?
I have no clue....

I actually wished that there was no title because there is no Album and they do something else like release a song a month for the next two years and then do a Huge Box set and collect everything up.  Something crazy and unexpected.  Apparently album sales do shit anyways.....why not create some buzz every month.  Maybe I'm too out of the BOX there.

beer

Toronto11/29/02 Ottawa11/17/06 London2/25/10
Vegas11/23&24/12 Toronto7/15/13(mic) Vegas5/28(whistle),30&31/14
Toronto7/16/16 Montreal 8/19/17 Ottawa 8/21/17
Toronto 10/29&30/17
Ginger King
VIP

« Reply #2444 on: December 02, 2014, 12:55:25 PM »

There you go again, making unnecessary comments. Trying to have a somewhat civil discussion and you gotta go there....
Not that I was expecting anything less.

/jarmo

Come on...now who can't take a joke?  Haven't you told us to lighten up?  Sorry for my (obvious) attempt at sarcasm.  I'll stand by the rest of my post. 

Sarcasm aside, what are your thoughts as to the name of the next album?
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #2445 on: December 02, 2014, 12:57:56 PM »

I don't think it will be "Chinese Democracy 2" but I do expect that it will be Chinese something or other (e.g., Chinese Dynasty, Chinese New Year, Chinese Fire Drill, Chinese Kitchen, Chinese Music, Chinese Proverbs, Chinese Take Out, Chinese Water Torture, Chinese Dragon, etc).  
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #2446 on: December 02, 2014, 01:00:43 PM »

I don't care what the album is called... however i would prefer it not be called Chinese Democracy 2

I dont know... i dont want to associate the songs with all the drama that was chinese democracy

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Ja5oN
Rocker

Maybe I'll get it right next time

« Reply #2447 on: December 02, 2014, 01:01:17 PM »

Chinese Leftovers

get it....lol

Toronto11/29/02 Ottawa11/17/06 London2/25/10
Vegas11/23&24/12 Toronto7/15/13(mic) Vegas5/28(whistle),30&31/14
Toronto7/16/16 Montreal 8/19/17 Ottawa 8/21/17
Toronto 10/29&30/17
Ginger King
VIP

« Reply #2448 on: December 02, 2014, 01:03:41 PM »

I don't think it will be "Chinese Democracy 2" but I do expect that it will be Chinese something or other (e.g., Chinese Dynasty, Chinese New Year, Chinese Fire Drill, Chinese Kitchen, Chinese Music, Chinese Proverbs, Chinese Take Out, Chinese Water Torture, Chinese Dragon, etc).  

I don't think it will have the word  "Chinese" in there, but there will be some homage to CD, or the CD era, IMO.  Something that still carries the vibe of the takeover of oppressive, dictatorial regimes.  I can't think of anything offhand.

Although, for a variety of reasons, Chinese Whispers would be pretty cool.
westcoast_junkie
VIP

Here to hell, gone today....

« Reply #2449 on: December 02, 2014, 01:16:30 PM »

American Imperialism?

Life is what happens in-between each fight on the message board....
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #2450 on: December 02, 2014, 01:21:25 PM »

I just hope we get a music video and instead of Axl wearing a sign saying "where's izzy?" i want him to wear one saying "where's Bucket?"

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #2451 on: December 02, 2014, 01:25:25 PM »

I would think something unrelated.  Its not like there is a big boon connecting it to CD.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #2452 on: December 02, 2014, 01:27:41 PM »

I agree.  Next year is really a statement year for them.  There is the rumored tour, plus Richard's latest comments on Axl putting vocals to songs (which can only be positive).  I hope it works out, but if it doesn't, we're right back to the semantics argument of what "done" and "very seriously" means.

You can't fault anyone that has a "see it before you believe it" approach to a new album.  

Shit no.  I can't think of a band with less benefit of the doubt goodwill.

Even so, even some of we dissidents are allowing ourselves to be sucked back in with some of this 2015 talk.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Ginger King
VIP

« Reply #2453 on: December 02, 2014, 01:27:46 PM »

I would think something unrelated.  Its not like there is a big boon connecting it to CD.

Yeah, but if most of the songs are from the original CD guys, and Axl envisions this as the second half of Chinese, you'd think there would be some, perhaps not overt, connection.
Ginger King
VIP

« Reply #2454 on: December 02, 2014, 01:33:53 PM »

I agree.  Next year is really a statement year for them.  There is the rumored tour, plus Richard's latest comments on Axl putting vocals to songs (which can only be positive).  I hope it works out, but if it doesn't, we're right back to the semantics argument of what "done" and "very seriously" means.

You can't fault anyone that has a "see it before you believe it" approach to a new album.  

Even so, even some of we dissidents are allowing ourselves to be sucked back in with some of this 2015 talk.

I know...I've already fell victim by informing my friends that 2015 is the Year of the Guns.  I prefaced it with a "definite, maybe" but that this time, I think it's real.  It's funny that we're viewed here as heretics but, in the real world, we are torch bearers of Guns n Roses.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2455 on: December 02, 2014, 01:34:06 PM »

Come on...now who can't take a joke?  Haven't you told us to lighten up?  Sorry for my (obvious) attempt at sarcasm.  I'll stand by the rest of my post. 

I was totally expecting it.
Timing is everything. Considering the bitching going on, maybe your joke wasn't at the best time....

Sarcasm aside, what are your thoughts as to the name of the next album?

I don't think the title will be related to the previous one. Even if they are related musically. That's just my guess.

I don't care what the album is called... however i would prefer it not be called Chinese Democracy 2

I dont know... i dont want to associate the songs with all the drama that was chinese democracy

On one hand, that would make sense. But on the other hand it's predictable and makes less sense.... hihi

/jarmo
« Last Edit: December 02, 2014, 01:45:53 PM by jarmo » Logged

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #2456 on: December 02, 2014, 01:34:34 PM »

I tend to chalk it up to them knowing there would be hell to pay if the night the spirit happened to move him to the studio at 2 AM is the night they decided to pack and go home early.

It's not a great system.

Or maybe the problem was that nobody asked?

No, I think its more likely the thing I said.  Hence, my saying it.

Eh, this is just more of your persecution complex at work.  This stuff reads like an Axl homage of sorts, much of the time.  Like you are channeling the guy.

You really need to stop thinking you know people based on their posts on the Internet. It's somewhat creepy.

Its an observation about some of your collected body of work.  Nowhere in there does it say its chiseled in stone and obviously your motive.

I can't read minds.  I can read posts though, and comment on how they come across, and how consistently so.

Saying they sat around waiting for an artist that never showed up, is not sensational.  Saying that they paid X amount of dollars to rent equipment for a month that never even got touched, is not sensational.  These are simply things that happened.

Yet you seem to think that either Axl personally did this or ordered people to do so....

So, your take is that these guys hired themselves and made themselves sit there?  They rented that equipment on their own say so?

Well, its a take, I suppose.  A pretty far fetched one, if you ask me.

Geez I don't get onto this site much anymore but the level of delusion sadly hasn't diminished. It reminds me so much of my religious upbringing where those with a pre-disposed ideology would rubbish any fact and you just wind up in a circular argument before walking out wondering if you are alone in your sanity.

Always with this need to ridicule others who have a different point of view.

Yeah, he should take a cue from you on inclusiveness and respecting other's opinions.  You should teach a class.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2457 on: December 02, 2014, 01:44:14 PM »

So, your take is that these guys hired themselves and made themselves sit there?  They rented that equipment on their own say so?

Well, its a take, I suppose.  A pretty far fetched one, if you ask me.

No, far fetched would be to assume Axl goes around guitar or music stores hand picking out equipment to rent....
Could it be a case of people having fun working under an "unlimited" budget? Maybe. Maybe it was a once in a lifetime experience and some took advantage of it?
But it's easier to buy into the Axl control freak image and blame him for every single detail. In your (not so open) mind it makes sense.

And now you derailed the thread again.  ok
You sure love these Dead Horse topics....

/jarmo

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #2458 on: December 02, 2014, 01:49:54 PM »

So, your take is that these guys hired themselves and made themselves sit there?  They rented that equipment on their own say so?

Well, its a take, I suppose.  A pretty far fetched one, if you ask me.

No, far fetched would be to assume Axl goes around guitar or music stores hand picking out equipment to rent....
Could it be a case of people having fun working under an "unlimited" budget? Maybe. Maybe it was a once in a lifetime experience and some took advantage of it?
But it's easier to buy into the Axl control freak image and blame him for every single detail. In your (not so open) mind it makes sense.

I base most things on percentages.

In this case, there is a better percentage chance Axl was in on these decisions than the percentage of the time a bunch of guys went rogue and did their own thing.

So, for example, if I see a situation that skews 90/10 in one direction, its the 90 that I consider the norm.  I'm not going to cling to that other 10 and try to run some false equivalence up the flagpole.

DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #2459 on: December 02, 2014, 01:57:32 PM »

I hope the title will be completely different, with no connections whatsoever to Chinese Democracy.

- it will not be a wise choice, commercially speaking (yeah I know the album was doing *OK* but not at his full potential...I think we all agree on that)

- please don't go on the eponymous road : OK it *could* sounds like a statement "yeah, we're Guns N'Roses, like it or not", but that's not really
  appealing/original/surprising. it could even sounds like a Greatest Hits name, and the band don't need to give credits to their detractors...

- so I just hope it will be an original, impacting and absurd name, like some result of surrealist game Exquisite Corpse.

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 492 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: