Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 09:56:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227788 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 304 305 [306] 307 308 ... 492 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1558990 times)
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #6100 on: February 17, 2017, 02:38:27 PM »

Would a vault-clearing 'Chinese- era' box set keep people happy for a bit? It definitely would me. I'd love that, way more than any older era 'demos/early versions' type release.

I've got a ridiculously high interest in the stuff that was written/recorded during this period. Way more than older stuff. Do others feel the same, or am I in the minority?

Not just the minority, the way minority.  The niche of a niche.

The only ones interested in that are the total diehards that still comes to message boards every day.  And even among that contingent, it's hardly universal.  Certainly in terms of real desire.  I think any of us would certainly be interested.  But some of the diehard message board types could take or leave it, and some have no interest at all.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #6101 on: February 17, 2017, 02:52:59 PM »

If you lose sleep at night about hearing The General at this point I suggest you take a deep breath and do something else.

I like the people who talk about it as if its not just a name on a screen.  Who the hell knows what it sounds like?

haha exactly.   I am hopping for any new material, one song to a box set to just a album to a in length interview that actually means something.  Just something.

I don't have a clue what any song could sound like or even be about

But

Just off of law of averages.  I would hope for at least a albums worth of material.  Better chances of getting at least one good tune
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #6102 on: February 17, 2017, 02:57:54 PM »

Would a vault-clearing 'Chinese- era' box set keep people happy for a bit? It definitely would me. I'd love that, way more than any older era 'demos/early versions' type release.

I've got a ridiculously high interest in the stuff that was written/recorded during this period. Way more than older stuff. Do others feel the same, or am I in the minority?

The only ones interested in that are the total diehards that still comes to message boards every day.  And even among that contingent, it's hardly universal.  Certainly in terms of real desire.  I think any of us would certainly be interested.  But some of the diehard message board types could take or leave it, and some have no interest at all.

Box sets in them selves are designed for diehards.   

You are very right though, the market for anything related to the unheard CD era stuff is very small.  And then to have the people in that market that would spend big bucks on a box set would be even smaller.

Perhaps they can sell it as a make at home box set....

Release all the albums individually and even the box individually

heck, just release the lyrics and the music cords and really have a make it at home set!!!  Still better than nothing.

Seriously though

If the band actually tapped into this marketing machine that is being used to sell concert tickets and used it to release anything I think it would sell huge, if priced right and then promoted by Slash Duff and Axl
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #6103 on: February 17, 2017, 03:21:11 PM »

Ya know what though? Never underestimate how collectively apathetic or perhaps more aptly "out of the loop" the majority of fans are.  I'm utterly convinced that if Slash is on like 2-3 songs on the upcoming album, ideally the single(s), that it would sell just as well as if he were on all 12-14 tracks.  Obviously, I hope ultimately he does more on the next album, but that's what I believe.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #6104 on: February 17, 2017, 03:27:29 PM »

Ya know what though? Never underestimate how collectively apathetic or perhaps more aptly "out of the loop" the majority of fans are.  I'm utterly convinced that if Slash is on like 2-3 songs on the upcoming album, ideally the single(s), that it would sell just as well as if he were on all 12-14 tracks.  Obviously, I hope ultimately he does more on the next album, but that's what I believe.

This is what I am thinking as well

Hell just have one song written by Slash and Duff on a full album of Axl fluff

But

Promote the album off that one song. Have Duff and Slash out doing interviews and the band playing this song at concerts

The typical unwashed mass fan that video a concert on there phone and takes self camera shots, is not going to care of notice that 11 out of the 12 songs where written by someone named Buckethead.    The bums don't care about liner notes or song credits etc.....  They want to buy crap at concerts and post pictures
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #6105 on: February 17, 2017, 03:34:22 PM »

Exactly, I mean it's no secret that singles are what sell the albums, and any discoveries made in between are labeled "fan favorites". It's what Kiss did on Psycho Circus.  Ace was only featured on a handful of the songs, but it was the *reunion* that sold the album and subsequent tour.  So it's not exactly unheard of in the industry to do something along those lines.

I'm of the mind that whatever game-plan gets fans the album sooner is the one to go with.  yes
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #6106 on: February 17, 2017, 04:03:14 PM »

Exactly, I mean it's no secret that singles are what sell the albums, and any discoveries made in between are labeled "fan favorites". It's what Kiss did on Psycho Circus.  Ace was only featured on a handful of the songs, but it was the *reunion* that sold the album and subsequent tour.  So it's not exactly unheard of in the industry to do something along those lines.

I'm of the mind that whatever game-plan gets fans the album sooner is the one to go with.  yes

Yep I am feeling the same thing

It's been so long with so little music and this is a great opportunity for the band to sell huge    That why I think if we don't see anything this year or early next we won't ever.   

We had two perfect situations for different types of music

1). Pre reunion we had years of a wiling band that publicly said they wanted to release music. Play new music and work on new music    We never got anything.   That was the time when we would of hear this vault cd era stuff.  Doubt we will ever get a full album ever just full of this stuff

2). Reuinion.  Perfect time to release a single or album with a single and the rest Axl fluff     The clock is ticking on this though as the power of this tour promotional train will run its course once the band visits some of these counties and markets for the second time.    I feel if we don't hear anything this year or early next we never will see it
Johnnyblood
VIP

Nothing.

« Reply #6107 on: February 17, 2017, 05:51:59 PM »

If you lose sleep at night about hearing The General at this point I suggest you take a deep breath and do something else.

I like the people who talk about it as if its not just a name on a screen.  Who the hell knows what it sounds like?

I can remember as early as 1989 hearing about this song November Rain, a rumored Axl song that was supposed to be his best work. He talked about quitting the business if it didn't get recorded right. I was so psyched to hear it, I tried to imagine what kind of tempo it was, the melodic structure, what voice Axl sang it in. For some reason I always thought it would pick up where the last part of Rocket Queen left off. When it came out, it sounded absolutely nothing like I imagined and kind of disappointed me. I consider that my own fault due to absurd expectations.

I've seen enough.
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #6108 on: February 17, 2017, 07:21:14 PM »

"hey, we can hardly obtain a classic LP with 10 tracks, let's have a box set with 50 tracks on it instead"

some fans. 

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
Conan
Headliner

« Reply #6109 on: February 18, 2017, 03:20:12 AM »

"hey, we can hardly obtain a classic LP with 10 tracks, let's have a box set with 50 tracks on it instead"

some fans. 

Agreed. Myself I'd be happy with a Lies style EP. 4 of Axl's favoured 'Chinese leftovers' on one side and one or two new recordings and perhaps a recorded version of the Seeker and Whole Lott Rosie on the other...

Just to tie us over before a brand new album of course!  Grin

allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #6110 on: February 19, 2017, 11:56:49 AM »

haha! Not sure how I feel about that- 'niche of a niche'! I think you're probably right though, when I think about it- but I also think it's a valid point that many people who would class themselves as 'fans' have absolutely no idea or knowledge about the dynamics of the band, so could be easily talked into buying new stuff with the right publicity push. Maybe.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #6111 on: February 19, 2017, 10:06:32 PM »

Just throwing this out there...

Will we ever again hear such inspired solos as SCOM, November Rain and Estranged? I don't quite hear it in Slash's solo work (although solid), but then again it might need the magic of Axl and Slash together to blossom.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #6112 on: February 19, 2017, 10:30:34 PM »

I can remember as early as 1989 hearing about this song November Rain, a rumored Axl song that was supposed to be his best work. He talked about quitting the business if it didn't get recorded right. I was so psyched to hear it, I tried to imagine what kind of tempo it was, the melodic structure, what voice Axl sang it in. For some reason I always thought it would pick up where the last part of Rocket Queen left off. When it came out, it sounded absolutely nothing like I imagined and kind of disappointed me. I consider that my own fault due to absurd expectations.

Funny you mention that, I had a very similar experience and reaction to that song.  It's a song that to this day, unlike any of their other classics, just doesn't really do it for me.  But I'm not sure all the advance hype made a difference for me. 
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #6113 on: February 19, 2017, 10:33:14 PM »

Will we ever again hear such inspired solos as SCOM, November Rain and Estranged? I don't quite hear it in Slash's solo work (although solid), but then again it might need the magic of Axl and Slash together to blossom.

I think so.  This reunion was a life-altering thing for them, so that could inspire some serious shit.
The Wight Gunner
VIP

« Reply #6114 on: February 20, 2017, 02:22:09 AM »

I think so.  This reunion was a life-altering thing for them, so that could inspire some serious shit.

There has to be factored in that Myles is in truth grateful to be working with Slash so the Tophat Guy has been calling the shots. Whereas Axl is the perfectionist and has probably told Slash over the years during the 80's and 90's era that "It needs work...."

Don't forget SCOM opening was just a throw-away warm up thing that Axl spotted its potential to the point that its always in the top 3 Riffs surveys that show up now and again.
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #6115 on: February 20, 2017, 08:43:14 AM »

I can't recall any massive slash solos on anything at all since GNR. I always thought it was that slash had moved on in style and considered the epic solos a bit of a thing of the past.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
russkwtx
VIP

Muchas fucking gracias.

« Reply #6116 on: February 20, 2017, 12:52:23 PM »

^Try Anastasia on Apocalyptic Love.

12.9.02 (canceled); 11.5.11; 11.9.11; 12.31.11; 11.21.12; 11.23.12; 6.6.14; 6.7.14; 8.3.16; 8.2.17
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #6117 on: February 20, 2017, 03:00:38 PM »

I can't recall any massive slash solos on anything at all since GNR. I always thought it was that slash had moved on in style and considered the epic solos a bit of a thing of the past.

To be fair, the same could be said about Axl's vocals.

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #6118 on: February 20, 2017, 03:36:16 PM »

To be fair, the same could be said about Axl's vocals.

Talking pure sound, he channeled his classic voice on Angel Down imo.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #6119 on: February 20, 2017, 04:18:36 PM »

^Try Anastasia on Apocalyptic Love.

I wouldn't say that's the same style as the Guns sound though....

Pages: 1 ... 304 305 [306] 307 308 ... 492 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: