Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:06:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 437 438 [439] 440 441 ... 492 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1549094 times)
DAVE ROCK
Rocker

« Reply #8760 on: July 17, 2021, 07:06:34 PM »

He has only released one album in almost 30 years

obviously he can do whatever the fuck he wants. If he doesn't ever release more music, that's up to him and we as fans have to accept it. He has the right to do whatever the fuck he wants. He can retire and have a good life thanks to the music he has released so far.
But we, as fans, have the right to show our disappointment too

How many artists or bands you follow have released so few albums in such a long period of time?
Me, personally only him.

I am also confident about a new release. Why? because Slash and Duff are in the band now and I can't imagine those guys playin' live eternally with Guns without releasing new songs

Let's be optimistic  beer
« Last Edit: July 17, 2021, 07:09:51 PM by DAVE ROCK » Logged

Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #8761 on: July 18, 2021, 01:37:40 AM »

I think the reasons we are still waiting are alluded to in this thread and and i genuinely suspect Axl’s perfectionism isn’t the cause. Let’s hope for our sake (and sanity!) something gets agreed before too much longer. Once again the record companies and their unwavering quest for the $$$ gets in the way of fans appreciating and enjoying music.

‘Get busy livin’, or get busy dyin’
shadowofthewave
Opening Act

« Reply #8762 on: July 18, 2021, 03:03:30 PM »

The label isn't going to block a new GNR album. They have a song that would make a hit single on rock radio (Hardschool), and Slash and Duff are more than willing to do interviews/promotion if Axl isn't interested. What reason would the label possibly have for blocking it?
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #8763 on: July 18, 2021, 03:37:52 PM »

Blocking, no.

It's a business after all. Who pays for promotion? Who should be compensated for what? Did the record company pay for the recording (studio time etc.) or not? If not, should whoever paid for it be reimbursed by the record company somehow? Should the band just hand over the masters and let the record company deal with it? Or is there a need for some kind of mutual promotional relationship?

Just some of the things that you can come up with without being that versed in the music business.

And whoever wants to start going around in circles again about this being an "excuse", find a new hobby..... Question is asked, I provide answer(s). Good or bad, that's up to someone else. But at least it's a theoretical conversation topic.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #8764 on: July 18, 2021, 04:45:40 PM »

Totally get it. You have to see it from Guns’ point of view. There has to be some mutually beneficial agreement made with the record company in regards to who gets what and how the eventual release is promoted and, indeed, who should foot the bill for said promotion. It’s kind of ironic really with record companies. They bring us music so long as everything’s in their terms and to their advantage. Read an interesting piece in the news here in the UK just the other day - apparently the government is to look into making sure that artists benefit more from streaming services. The amount artists receive currently is pitiful. Just another example of how the corporate giants fuck everyone else over and the fans suffer as a result  Undecided

rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #8765 on: July 18, 2021, 04:57:10 PM »

Good points, hopefully the record company is not holding up the process. beer

Rizzo160
DAVE ROCK
Rocker

« Reply #8766 on: July 18, 2021, 05:23:48 PM »

Blocking, no.

It's a business after all. Who pays for promotion? Who should be compensated for what? Did the record company pay for the recording (studio time etc.) or not? If not, should whoever paid for it be reimbursed by the record company somehow? Should the band just hand over the masters and let the record company deal with it? Or is there a need for some kind of mutual promotional relationship?

Just some of the things that you can come up with without being that versed in the music business.

And whoever wants to start going around in circles again about this being an "excuse", find a new hobby..... Question is asked, I provide answer(s). Good or bad, that's up to someone else. But at least it's a theoretical conversation topic.

/jarmo

Metallica, Foo Fighters, Acdc... have the same issues and they are way more productive releasing new albums

Sorry Jarmo but those points sound like *****es

I'm optimistic about a new Guns album, but only because Duff and Slash are back in the band

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #8767 on: July 18, 2021, 05:50:02 PM »

Metallica, Foo Fighters, Acdc... have the same issues and they are way more productive releasing new albums

I'm optimistic about a new Guns album, but only because Duff and Slash are back in the band

When someone asks "what could be an issue with the record company, I can't think of any?", it's fair to assume that the person is actually interested in getting some kind of responses. If not, why ask the question?

Your comparison is as valid as saying that since we are both human, we must be exactly alike....

Totally get it. You have to see it from Guns’ point of view. There has to be some mutually beneficial agreement made with the record company in regards to who gets what and how the eventual release is promoted and, indeed, who should foot the bill for said promotion. It’s kind of ironic really with record companies. They bring us music so long as everything’s in their terms and to their advantage. Read an interesting piece in the news here in the UK just the other day - apparently the government is to look into making sure that artists benefit more from streaming services. The amount artists receive currently is pitiful. Just another example of how the corporate giants fuck everyone else over and the fans suffer as a result  Undecided

I'm not saying there are issues. We don't know.

I'm just saying it doesn't take long to realize GN'R isn't the Foo Fighters. Remember how the last studio release was handled? Obviously it wasn't like with the Foo Fighters, AC/DC or any other band.

No where am I saying this is a reason for anything. Just pointing out facts and answering a hypothetical question.

Knowing how seriously Axl takes his art, it's safe to assume he expects the same from everyone involved.....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #8768 on: July 18, 2021, 06:57:20 PM »

With the tour kicking off in 2 weeks, I am surprised that there has been no talk of an album release. I wonder if they are waiting for the Australian leg of the tour to release an album.  Hopefully Hard school will be the lead single. beer

Rizzo160
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #8769 on: July 18, 2021, 08:12:40 PM »

With the tour kicking off in 2 weeks, I am surprised that there has been no talk of an album release. I wonder if they are waiting for the Australian leg of the tour to release an album.  Hopefully Hard school will be the lead single. beer

Two options. They don't plan on releasing anything in the next two weeks, or they are gonna release it without prior announcement (a surprise release)....

/jarmo

rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #8770 on: July 18, 2021, 08:22:46 PM »

A surprise release would be cool beer

Rizzo160
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #8771 on: July 18, 2021, 11:24:41 PM »

The label isn't going to block a new GNR album. They have a song that would make a hit single on rock radio (Hardschool), and Slash and Duff are more than willing to do interviews/promotion if Axl isn't interested. What reason would the label possibly have for blocking it?

The idea that Hardschool would be hit single material is hilarious to me. It's effectively a Chinese Democracy b-side. I'd put it next to Riad N the Bedouins in terms of quality. Forgettable.

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #8772 on: July 19, 2021, 01:40:24 AM »

As much as I’d love it I really can’t see a surprise release being on the table. Can’t help but feel that Axl is more traditional in his approach to record releases: announcement, (single?), promo then release.

If 2021 is the year that we see the next record from Guns (still a big if in my view  Cry) I think we’ll see the tour begin in earnest and then a release in November in time for the holidays

Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #8773 on: July 19, 2021, 03:25:17 AM »

The idea that Hardschool would be hit single material is hilarious to me. It's effectively a Chinese Democracy b-side. I'd put it next to Riad N the Bedouins in terms of quality. Forgettable.

Have to disagree. When I played the Village leaks last year (sorry Jarmo) Hardskool was the main track my partner liked a lot and she’s not a music fan really. I think it would have great potential

ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #8774 on: July 19, 2021, 06:21:39 AM »

Well riad it's a very interesting song, it just lacks a good outro imho. Hard school has a very nice intro, but the developing it's very banal (i mean  you can like the song for about a month, then you won't listen to it anymore). The vocals are very good. But it's more of a filler than a hit
« Last Edit: July 19, 2021, 06:23:17 AM by ITARocker » Logged
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #8775 on: July 19, 2021, 06:45:01 AM »

Well riad it's a very interesting song, it just lacks a good outro imho. Hard school has a very nice intro, but the developing it's very banal (i mean  you can like the song for about a month, then you won't listen to it anymore). The vocals are very good. But it's more of a filler than a hit

How do we know.. have anyone heard the final song yet? Will it be the first single? If you listen to some of the GnR demos from appetite, they can be very different from the song on the final album.

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #8776 on: July 19, 2021, 08:35:03 AM »

How do we know.. have anyone heard the final song yet? Will it be the first single? If you listen to some of the GnR demos from appetite, they can be very different from the song on the final album.

one thing its a rough demo on a tape, another thing it's a complete song with the vocals (and axl put always the vocals at the end of the song nowadays, or when the song is almost complete in its main structure ). So what we hear is the final take, u can change the solo or something here and there but  that's it, it won't become a masterpiece oll of sudden  Wink. Even here, maybe a good outro can lift the song up a little bit.
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #8777 on: July 19, 2021, 08:45:12 AM »

one thing its a rough demo on a tape, another thing it's a complete song with the vocals (and axl put always the vocals at the end of the song nowadays, or when the song is almost complete in its main structure ). So what we hear is the final take, u can change the solo or something here and there but  that's it, it won't become a masterpiece oll of sudden  Wink. Even here, maybe a good outro can lift the song up a little bit.

Oh.. i didnt know about there was rules about this. 

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #8778 on: July 19, 2021, 11:09:12 AM »

It's not just those artists.  It's every artist and every genre.  Rock, rap, country, pop...there are new releases literally every single week of the year.  Yet we are supposed to believe there are these complete soul crushing and unavoidable forces at work that are unique to this particular band that prevents it.  It's preposterous.  You make your own breaks in this world.

Is "excuses" the right word?  Could be.  I look at it more like willful ignorance.  Some here cling to incredibly bad faith arguments, but just pretend they are real world, all to avoid the reality.

Let me give you an example.  The parents with with the fuck up kid.  Everyone can see what's what about the kid.  In truth, the parents see it too.  But they are willing to cling to all these reasons that it's different for their baby boy, and how people really don't understand the situation.  They are not the least bit objective, and will cope however they can, because...end of the day.....they love their kid.  They are human.

We GNR fans are the parents, and Axl is our fuck up kid.  No one outside the family would accept any of these arguments why nothing new ever happens with this band as plausible or acceptable in the real world.  But we do.  Because we don't want to deal with the reality.

As to you last point, I was right with you...initially.  I didn't figure Slash and Duff would stick around to just play nostalgia tours in perpetuity.  Well, they have so far, no?  I'm sure the money is hard to turn down.  Especially since they left so much of it on the table for 20 plus years.  And I don't fault them.  I find the term "cash grab" to be a ludicrous concept.  Music, at this level, is a business first and foremost. 

Get yours.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #8779 on: July 19, 2021, 12:25:07 PM »

Explain this to me: GN'R is GN'R, any other band isn't. That's a fact, how is that an excuse?

The whole notion that "well other bands never have problems" is thrown around like it's some kind of universal answer to everything. Do you use that for everything in life? Why can't you be more like Lloyd Braun?

Is it possible that during the history of the band, you might have realized that GN'R is not an independent artist (like say Metallica) or that they don't have the same relationship with their record company that say the Foo Fighters have? Is it possible? No? Because every band is the same?

I know, excuses.... But only because you refuse to take in facts.

/jarmo

Pages: 1 ... 437 438 [439] 440 441 ... 492 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: