Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:54:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 439 440 [441] 442 443 ... 492 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1548933 times)
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #8800 on: July 19, 2021, 04:51:22 PM »

If the record company is really holding things up (regardless of what GNR's demands may be), the band should put that info out there. Would take some of the heat off GNR, and put pressure on Universal to make a move.

Ding, ding, ding.

And I also think the lack of such is probably not a coincidence.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #8801 on: July 19, 2021, 04:55:30 PM »

I really do hope Guns plays some new music in anticipation of a release as they have done previously. That might at least make the stalemate somewhat more palatable.

Think about that.  Think of the reaction.

I am long on record there that I love the fact the band seems way more laid back and less antagonistic on stage.

But suppose they came out this summer.  Played : It's So Easy...Mr. Brownstone...Chinese Democracy...Welcome To The Jungle...Double Talkin' Jive...

..and then Axl said...

"This next song, none of you have ever heard it.  We hoped you would have, long before now, but some of that is out of our hands.  But, since we didn't work on all this stuff to never have it be heard, check it out.  This is called <new song here>".

It would be the biggest news of the tour, the next morning.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #8802 on: July 19, 2021, 04:55:52 PM »

If the position is going to to put out there that it's perfectly reasonable to accept that this one single band faces such unique problems and challenges that they can't do something that literally every other genre of music with acts at all levels of fame are able to accomplish on a literal weekly basis, you can count on me to say that is the stupidest fucking thing that's ever been uttered in the history of the music business.

Beeeleeeeedat.

No, you're making it sound silly.

Do you think there are differences between artists, in regards to how things should be done/what they expect from let's say the record company?

Or do you think every artist is the same. They record something, hand it over and do whatever the record company tells them to do? In some cases, nothing, just release it and not promote it at all.Because promoting something costs money, and not all artists make money on selling records....

Seems like everyone's belittling the band for actually taking it seriously. Instead of just releasing it.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #8803 on: July 19, 2021, 05:11:32 PM »

GNR has made plenty of money the past 5 years.  If they break even that should be good enough. It shouldn't be about bruised egos but purely a business decesion.  Make the fans happy and compromise.  The ball is in Axls court, only he can determine if this album sees the light of day.  beer

Rizzo160
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #8804 on: July 19, 2021, 05:32:06 PM »

Or do you think every artist is the same. They record something, hand it over and do whatever the record company tells them to do? In some cases, nothing, just release it and not promote it at all.Because promoting something costs money, and not all artists make money on selling records....

Oh, give me a break, Jarmo.  This is not about these guys needing the record to make money so they can make the mortgage.

They are making their living off our $300 lower level seats and $1,700 "Civil War" fan sections.

And good for them!

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #8805 on: July 19, 2021, 05:38:12 PM »

Oh, give me a break, Jarmo.  This is not about these guys needing the record to make money so they can make the mortgage.

They are making their living off our $300 lower level seats and $1,700 "Civil War" fan sections.

And good for them!

Why do you refuse to discuss that? It's not necessarily about them making money. Maybe it's more about it getting proper promotion? Maybe it's about the record company working for the band, instead of the other way around? And like I sad earlier, it could be about who pays for what....

You know, remember back in 1991 when the band wanted to release 30 songs in one day? Do you think that was the record company's dream? I kinda doubt it...  But the band got their way. Are you unhappy about it?

Slash's comments, which are ridiculed by some, clearly makes it seem like the band have options and want to make sure they make the correct choice for them.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #8806 on: July 19, 2021, 06:17:37 PM »

But what if neither party backs down? We’re the ones who suffer. Just wish we knew whether negotiations are ongoing

‘Get busy livin’, or get busy dyin’
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #8807 on: July 19, 2021, 06:57:03 PM »

But what if neither party backs down? We’re the ones who suffer. Just wish we knew whether negotiations are ongoing

The beauty of this all is that it's all hypothetical discussions.....

Some say: "There's no "excuse" why new music can't be out on _________ because Foo Fighters/AC/DC/Metallica/Sisters Of Mercy manages to release music.".....

I'm saying, maybe there can be reas... excuses.

I understand wanting to hear new music, we all do. But I don't necessarily understand why fans feel the need to almost hope for the worst for the band, just so they can get the new music. I mean, if the band doesn't think it's the right moment, then why not just respect their choice?  Huh

/jarmo

rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #8808 on: July 19, 2021, 07:28:32 PM »

I guess because GNR releases music so infrequently that it is hard to wait for them to release an album.  Most bands release an album every 5 years not 30 years.  I guess for me it's just so maddening beer

Rizzo160
Executioner
Rocker

« Reply #8809 on: July 19, 2021, 07:58:09 PM »

I understand some older bands don't wanna release new music because it's not gonna have the impact they once had  but when you have bands like Metallica, AC⚡DC,,U2 and Iron Maiden still putting out new music and touring off the back of it then i don't see why GnR can't do the same ,nobody expects another Appetite that's history but I reckon they could put out something pretty good that would bring Rock back to the mainstream as it' needs a band like GnR to give it a much needed boost. The big question is what's going on behind the scenes are the Record company dragging their heels, as regards finance promotion etc are management telling them to continue touring the old songs as that is where the most money is made,are the band divided on what direction the music should take ,I'm guessing  if something was happening there would be some definite leaks by now or some sound bites by either the band or management.
rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #8810 on: July 19, 2021, 08:35:11 PM »

What do you guys think of the leaked songs such as Perhaps, Atlas Shrugged or Hard School? I wonder if any of these songs will be on the new album. beer

Rizzo160
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #8811 on: July 19, 2021, 09:15:09 PM »

I understand some older bands don't wanna release new music because it's not gonna have the impact they once had  but when you have bands like Metallica, AC⚡DC,,U2 and Iron Maiden still putting out new music and touring off the back of it then i don't see why GnR can't do the same ,nobody expects another Appetite that's history but I reckon they could put out something pretty good that would bring Rock back to the mainstream as it' needs a band like GnR to give it a much needed boost. The big question is what's going on behind the scenes are the Record company dragging their heels, as regards finance promotion etc are management telling them to continue touring the old songs as that is where the most money is made,are the band divided on what direction the music should take ,I'm guessing  if something was happening there would be some definite leaks by now or some sound bites by either the band or management.

Yeah, some bands have clearly stated they don't wanna release new music. Because the world has changed. But GN'R isn't one of those bands.

We don't know what's going on. Some were expecting an announcement before the tour, some were expecting something else...

The band hasn't said a word about their plans regarding new music. Some take that as a bad sign....

/jarmo

PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #8812 on: July 20, 2021, 04:32:57 AM »

How do we know.. have anyone heard the final song yet? Will it be the first single? If you listen to some of the GnR demos from appetite, they can be very different from the song on the final album.

If you listen to the demos from CD, they are nearly identical to the final album. And if Axl isn't perseverating over song structure anymore, Slash sure isn't because he has always been the type to go with his first idea.

Have to disagree. When I played the Village leaks last year (sorry Jarmo) Hardskool was the main track my partner liked a lot and she’s not a music fan really. I think it would have great potential

That she liked it out of a bunch of cut songs, outtakes and demos isn't really saying a lot.

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #8813 on: July 20, 2021, 07:41:01 AM »

Have to disagree. When I played the Village leaks last year (sorry Jarmo) Hardskool was the main track my partner liked a lot and she’s not a music fan really. I think it would have great potential

That she liked it out of a bunch of cut songs, outtakes and demos isn't really saying a lot.

I disagree. My girl likes lots of older GnR stuff and this was the one she like best. I take her viewpoint as indicative of a non-hardcore fan

rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #8814 on: July 20, 2021, 03:17:18 PM »

Hard school sounded pretty good and would be a good lead single for a new album.  I wonder how many songs we have heard will be on the new album. beer

Rizzo160
Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #8815 on: July 20, 2021, 04:38:16 PM »

Hard school sounded pretty good and would be a good lead single for a new album.  I wonder how many songs we have heard will be on the new album. beer

I don’t care how many we’ve heard. I yearn for that excitement of something brand new from my favourite band.

rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #8816 on: July 20, 2021, 05:26:33 PM »

It will be nice to hear new music beer

Rizzo160
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #8817 on: July 20, 2021, 07:54:16 PM »

What do you guys think of the leaked songs such as Perhaps, Atlas Shrugged or Hard School? I wonder if any of these songs will be on the new album. beer
I sure hope so!

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #8818 on: July 21, 2021, 11:03:06 AM »

I liked those tunes.  Thought 'Hardschool', 'Atlas Shrugged' and 'Perhaps' were the standouts.

Tell you another thing.  I am not an instrumental guy, really.  Really think you need to hear some lyrics to see if something really has potential.  But even though it has no real lyrics, I was very intrigued by 'Quick Song'.  Axl is only doing some scat type ramblings along with the tune, but I think it does show you how a proper version of the song might sound.

Also thought, even as a straight instrumental track, 'The Rebel' was very interesting.

My hope when the guys came back is that Axl would open up the Magical Mystery Vault and sort of say to Slash & Duff, "here is what I got".  And if something caught their ear, then the current band could re-record a fresh take on it.  The actual, present day GNR.  The people we see on stage.  Not just shoehorn a Slash solo over some other guys work who have been gone, quite literally, roughly 20 years now.

GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #8819 on: July 21, 2021, 12:05:35 PM »

Yeah, some bands have clearly stated they don't wanna release new music. Because the world has changed. But GN'R isn't one of those bands.

We don't know what's going on. Some were expecting an announcement before the tour, some were expecting something else...

The band hasn't said a word about their plans regarding new music. Some take that as a bad sign....

/jarmo

No news, is good news.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
Pages: 1 ... 439 440 [441] 442 443 ... 492 Go Up Print 
« previous next »