Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:07:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 438 439 [440] 441 442 ... 492 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1549069 times)
DAVE ROCK
Rocker

« Reply #8780 on: July 19, 2021, 01:48:31 PM »

Explain this to me: GN'R is GN'R, any other band isn't. That's a fact, how is that an excuse?

The whole notion that "well other bands never have problems" is thrown around like it's some kind of universal answer to everything. Do you use that for everything in life? Why can't you be more like Lloyd Braun?

Is it possible that during the history of the band, you might have realized that GN'R is not an independent artist (like say Metallica) or that they don't have the same relationship with their record company that say the Foo Fighters have? Is it possible? No? Because every band is the same?

I know, excuses.... But only because you refuse to take in facts.

/jarmo

hihi hihi rofl rofl
every day you overcome more and more Jarmo

D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #8781 on: July 19, 2021, 01:57:04 PM »

Explain this to me: GN'R is GN'R, any other band isn't. That's a fact, how is that an excuse?

That's a lame non-answer.  

And it's exactly what I was just getting at in my last post.  You accept the preposterous because you are emotionally invested in this particular guy.  Which we all are, to be fair.  But at some point, you need to face some hard facts.

If there was some other band you didn't give nearly as much of a shit about, and their fans tried to sell you the ridiculous stuff we try and sell each other to explain away YEARS of inaction, you'd laugh in their face.  You'd at least roll your eyes.

I deal in logic.

Most logical possibilities :

- there is little interest to get a new record out there
- there is not really even anything approaching a finished record to get out

Totally illogical possibility :

- there is a album that is done, been done, but a bunch of people with DECADES of experience in the industry just can't figure out how to get it out there

It's foolishness.  I don't do foolishness.  In fairness, I'm also free to speak my mind on the matter.  I have long considered that our disconnect.  You may well agree with me either in total (unlikely) or at least on some level (perhaps).  But there is little upside in you saying so, is there?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #8782 on: July 19, 2021, 02:00:22 PM »

hihi hihi rofl rofl
every day you overcome more and more Jarmo

The Lloyd Braun thing made me laugh.  I must admit.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #8783 on: July 19, 2021, 02:18:13 PM »

I’ve seen a post on another GnR forum suggesting that someone with music industry contacts has been told that the record company basically laughed at Axl/TB’s release demands. Take it for what it’s worth.

I guess it could explain the lack of anything from anyone regarding a release of there’s an impasse in terms of negotiations.

‘Get busy livin’, or get busy dyin’
rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #8784 on: July 19, 2021, 02:30:38 PM »

It would not surprise me, hopefully a compromise can be reached. beer

Rizzo160
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #8785 on: July 19, 2021, 02:35:48 PM »

I’ve seen a post on another GnR forum suggesting that someone with music industry contacts has been told that the record company basically laughed at Axl/TB’s release demands. Take it for what it’s worth.

I guess it could explain the lack of anything from anyone regarding a release of there’s an impasse in terms of negotiations.

But how old in that intel though?

I know they laughed at his CD remix idea, which...I could see.  But would they be dismissive of a new GNR effort that contained Slash & Duff on it?  

And, if such a thing did exist...would Slash & Duff accept Axl sabotaging its release?

Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #8786 on: July 19, 2021, 03:37:51 PM »

But how old in that intel though?

I know they laughed at his CD remix idea, which...I could see.  But would they be dismissive of a new GNR effort that contained Slash & Duff on it?  

And, if such a thing did exist...would Slash & Duff accept Axl sabotaging its release?

The intel was 12 months+ old, but then according to those in the know the album’s been done for around 18 months so, in theory, the timeline fits

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #8787 on: July 19, 2021, 03:50:52 PM »

The intel was 12 months+ old, but then according to those in the know the album’s been done for around 18 months so, in theory, the timeline fits

Wow, if true, that's surprising they would roll with that.  Unless they were fully onboard with whatever Axl's demands are.

Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #8788 on: July 19, 2021, 04:02:17 PM »

Wow, if true, that's surprising they would roll with that.  Unless they were fully onboard with whatever Axl's demands are.

The general idea put forward by a certain poster was that the album’s done but Axl/TB can’t get the record company to agree to what the band wants. I guess that means what the band wants in terms of revenue and promo.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #8789 on: July 19, 2021, 04:13:02 PM »

You accept the preposterous because you are emotionally invested in this particular guy.

Yes, you accept that he is who he is, and you can't change it.

What's so bad about that? Instead of whining about how he's not like Dave Grohl year in and year out?

If there was some other band you didn't give nearly as much of a shit about, and their fans tried to sell you the ridiculous stuff we try and sell each other to explain away YEARS of inaction, you'd laugh in their face.  You'd at least roll your eyes.

No, because to me the artists don't need to do shit if they don't want to. Some take years to release albums, some release multiple new albums per year. It's all part of the game. We're all different. And the sooner you accept it rather than try to put everyone in the same mold, the better. Smiley

- there is little interest to get a new record out there
- there is not really even anything approaching a finished record to get out
Totally illogical possibility :

- there is a album that is done, been done, but a bunch of people with DECADES of experience in the industry just can't figure out how to get it out there

It's foolishness.  I don't do foolishness.  In fairness, I'm also free to speak my mind on the matter.  I have long considered that our disconnect.  You may well agree with me either in total (unlikely) or at least on some level (perhaps).  But there is little upside in you saying so, is there?

What about, there's music, but until the artist is happy with how it's gonna be handled by the record company, he won't release it?

That has never happened in the history of music? Only your options exist?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #8790 on: July 19, 2021, 04:15:38 PM »

The general idea put forward by a certain poster was that the album’s done but Axl/TB can’t get the record company to agree to what the band wants. I guess that means what the band wants in terms of revenue and promo.

Think they'd play a few of the songs then, no?  Kind of what they have always done.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #8791 on: July 19, 2021, 04:17:59 PM »

Yes, you accept that he is who he is, and you can't change it.

What's so bad about that? Instead of whining about how he's not like Dave Grohl year in and year out?

I have said nothing of the kind, actually.

Gotta be at least 20 posts alone on these pages of me the past few years telling people to accept that this is how it is.  That they are a touring operation, nothing more.  But they are doing it a damn high level and it's a hell of an enjoyable show, so go see them if they come 'round.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #8792 on: July 19, 2021, 04:24:09 PM »

I'm glad you do.

I just keep seeing the "Other bands manage to release albums" line.... Which is true, but completely ignores the fact that we're talking about different people and different businesses.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #8793 on: July 19, 2021, 04:26:36 PM »

For me, the main positive to take from the last few pages is that *I think* the band wants to release an album. That in itself, if true, is obviously a very good thing. The slight negative, I wonder, is are the band expecting too much regarding their release demands which could of course lead to the position of a stalemate where the band just continues touring with no music being released? It’s a very hard situation as we know how let down Axl felt about the release of Chinese so it’s understandable he’d want to make sure everything is just so this time around.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #8794 on: July 19, 2021, 04:28:22 PM »

I'm glad you do.

I just keep seeing the "Other bands manage to release albums" line.... Which is true, but completely ignores the fact that we're talking about different people and different businesses.

Oh, well, yeah...OK, fine.  

If the position is going to to put out there that it's perfectly reasonable to accept that this one single band faces such unique problems and challenges that they can't do something that literally every other genre of music with acts at all levels of fame are able to accomplish on a literal weekly basis, you can count on me to say that is the stupidest fucking thing that's ever been uttered in the history of the music business.

Beeeleeeeedat.

rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #8795 on: July 19, 2021, 04:31:42 PM »

Hopefully cooler hears prevail and the album gets released. It would be a shame if the album doesn't get released but at least we still have the greatest hits. beer

Rizzo160
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #8796 on: July 19, 2021, 04:31:55 PM »

For me, the main positive to take from the last few pages is that *I think* the band wants to release an album. That in itself, if true, is obviously a very good thing. The slight negative, I wonder, is are the band expecting too much regarding their release demands which could of course lead to the position of a stalemate where the band just continues touring with no music being released? It’s a very hard situation as we know how let down Axl felt about the release of Chinese so it’s understandable he’d want to make sure everything is just so this time around.

The only that that gives me pause about what you said is one does wonder if Axl is asking for a complete non-starter right out of the gate.

Like if he says before they can even begin negotiations, he wants a full apology, written and notarized, for how wrong he was done in 2008.  Something that that would be hard to accept.

As to what the other demands might be, I'm just not sure what sort of leverage he thinks bands have these days.  You put your shit out, it goes on Spotify or Apple Music, and that's sort of that.  The rates are what they are and that's pretty much life in the big city.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #8797 on: July 19, 2021, 04:33:01 PM »

Hopefully cooler hears prevail and the album gets released. It would be a shame if the album doesn't get released but at least we still have the greatest hits. beer

If we are being honest, they are not filling stadiums these past 5 years for anything that has been released past 1991.

I would just rather see them as a Pearl Jam type operation as opposed to an Eagles or Fleetwood Mac.

(t)
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #8798 on: July 19, 2021, 04:47:35 PM »

If the record company is really holding things up (regardless of what GNR's demands may be), the band should put that info out there. Would take some of the heat off GNR, and put pressure on Universal to make a move.
Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #8799 on: July 19, 2021, 04:50:09 PM »

The only that that gives me pause about what you said is one does wonder if Axl is asking for a complete non-starter right out of the gate.

Like if he says before they can even begin negotiations, he wants a full apology, written and notarized, for how wrong he was done in 2008.  Something that that would be hard to accept.

As to what the other demands might be, I'm just not sure what sort of leverage he thinks bands have these days.  You put your shit out, it goes on Spotify or Apple Music, and that's sort of that.  The rates are what they are and that's pretty much life in the big city.

Fair point. If the rumours are true that the record company essentially just laughed and stone walled any of the band’s demands then maybe they were on the excessive side. But, we also know that record companies dislike spending money and only like maximum profit for the least amount of financial input. I take your point that other artists just seem to accept ‘it is what it is’ and thereby accept shitty deals so long as their music is put out there. I doubt that GnR will ever accept that mantra. And that is what makes me concerned we could still be in for a very long, if not eternal, wait. I really do hope Guns plays some new music in anticipation of a release as they have done previously. That might at least make the stalemate somewhat more palatable.

Pages: 1 ... 438 439 [440] 441 442 ... 492 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: