Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 07:41:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227669 Posts in 43239 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GN?R Reps Confirm Ron ?Bumblefoot? Thal Has Left The Band
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 25 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GN?R Reps Confirm Ron ?Bumblefoot? Thal Has Left The Band  (Read 118097 times)
mortismurphy
« Reply #380 on: August 06, 2015, 11:06:00 AM »

Mort, you want some objective analysis? You are a sunt. Do you know what a sunt is? It is a cunt with a soft "c".  Grin

One thing I don't do is call someone in a derogatory manner. No band is worth the emotional investment to get irate enough to resort to personal insults.
Lotgrinder
Headliner

« Reply #381 on: August 06, 2015, 11:07:02 AM »

This news is the second best news ever. Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal seemed to be a nice guy. But, was meh as far as a fit for the band goes. About 1/4 as shit as Dj Ashba.

D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #382 on: August 06, 2015, 11:08:14 AM »

Mort, you want some objective analysis? You are a sunt. Do you know what a sunt is? It is a cunt with a soft "c".  Grin

One thing I don't do is call someone in a derogatory manner. No band is worth the emotional investment to get irate enough to resort to personal insults.

Yeah, for all our supposed faults, do you or I ever go down this road with any of the peeps here?  Not that I see.  

It makes it all the easier to invalidate you as a serious person.  Might as well tell me how "my momma so fat...".

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #383 on: August 06, 2015, 11:09:02 AM »

Is this better guys.....any day that you guys DO POST, it's usually about your disliking of how the band is operating. 

Hmmm, I'd say that's overstated.

I would say its more accurate that we have a higher percentage of posts that fall into that category than most.  I think that's obviously and indisputable.

I would also have to accuse you of some selective memory, however.  Because of how much you don't like such posts, that going to tend to be all you ever recall and reference.  I may not go as crazy with the pom-poms as some, but I say plenty of things that are non-committal at worst, if not outright positive.

But, as a rule, they will never be referenced by you.  Yet you could probably give me chapter and verse about something I said that rankled you.

I'm sure my memory is poor.  Im not sure what your getting at.  Im admitting I have had negative things to say before.  However, you and Mort stand out to me as being two people who complain just about on a daily basis.  Sorry if it's not LITERALLY everyday .

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #384 on: August 06, 2015, 11:10:58 AM »

Mort, your reply please? 

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
mortismurphy
« Reply #385 on: August 06, 2015, 11:14:22 AM »

Yeah, for all our supposed faults, do you or I ever go down this road with any of the peeps here?  Not that I see.  

It makes it all the easier to invalidate you as a serious person.  Might as well tell me how "my momma so fat...".

And it somewhat discredits Jarmo's own rule of ''any personal attacks, slander and/or insults of any kind will result in action from the administrator and/or moderators''! I mean one poster came on a few weeks ago and decimated two-three fairly interesting and innocuous discussions as well as insulting a poor newbie (who I doubt would want to come back!) yet that poster has carte blanche because of correct (gnr) politics.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #386 on: August 06, 2015, 11:15:43 AM »

I'm sure my memory is poor.  Im not sure what your getting at.  

Here's what I'm getting at.

Let's say I make 5 posts over 3 threads one morning.  Of those 5, you could label 2 outright positive, and 3 non-committal in terms of emotion, and just talking.

Then I will post something you could label negative.

In my experience, odds are someone like you is then going to quote that 6th post and give me some variation of :

Oh my god.  Again with this guy.  Do you ever say anything good?  Why do you follow this band?  Why are you here?  Why were you born?  Why couldn't your parents just have stayed friends?  You are the worst person in the history of ever.

The other posts I made that morning are ignored.  The one you don't like becomes the focus, and erroneously labeled "all I ever talk about".

It's inaccurate.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #387 on: August 06, 2015, 11:17:45 AM »

It's a weird dynamic you have with this band.  It's kinda like the abusive boyfriend syndrome.  You don't like it, but keep coming back.  

Ouch!

But but but they want to like GN'R. They weally do.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #388 on: August 06, 2015, 11:30:04 AM »

It's a weird dynamic you have with this band.  It's kinda like the abusive boyfriend syndrome.  You don't like it, but keep coming back.  

Ouch!

He's 100% right.  That is absolutely how I would describe the relationship.

damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #389 on: August 06, 2015, 11:35:10 AM »

I'm sure my memory is poor.  Im not sure what your getting at.  

Here's what I'm getting at.

Let's say I make 5 posts over 3 threads one morning.  Of those 5, you could label 2 outright positive, and 3 non-committal in terms of emotion, and just talking.

Then I will post something you could label negative.

In my experience, odds are someone like you is then going to quote that 6th post and give me some variation of :

Oh my god.  Again with this guy.  Do you ever say anything good?  Why do you follow this band?  Why are you here?  Why were you born?  Why couldn't your parents just have stayed friends?  You are the worst person in the history of ever.

The other posts I made that morning are ignored.  The one you don't like becomes the focus, and erroneously labeled "all I ever talk about".

It's inaccurate.

So you should feel a little like GNR.  Media and the public give Axl a reputation of being late "all the time".  When in reality, it doesn't happen all that much.  But why would the media and public think that way?  Because it's happened ENOUGH, or more often than it should.  Your posts complaining about GNR, happen ENOUGH for people to notice. 

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #390 on: August 06, 2015, 11:37:03 AM »

So you should feel a little like GNR.  Media and the public give Axl a reputation of being late "all the time".  When in reality, it doesn't happen all that much.  But why would the media and public think that way?  Because it's happened ENOUGH, or more often than it should.  Your posts complaining about GNR, happen ENOUGH for people to notice. 

I think that's a good comparison.  Fair.

McGann
Haiku writing motherfucker
VIP

My hat is HEAVY-DUTY tinfoil

« Reply #391 on: August 06, 2015, 11:50:29 AM »

Ouch!

He's 100% right.  That is absolutely how I would describe the relationship.

What "relationship"Huh
Guns is my fav band EVER
Pets named after them

I'm getting a tat
Later this year; Guns logo
I sing their praises!

Long and short?  LOVE them.
And I would LOVE new music...
But it's no big deal!

They are not my life
They do not owe me a thing
Not even info!

You seem invested
To an unhealthy degree
Maybe take a break?

Let me say again:
I crave new music big time
The thought excites me!

But will I get it?
I do not have the answer
And that's a-ok.

We'll get it, or not
I think the sun will still rise
In either case, guys.

Nothing personal...
You seem very passionate;
That's admirable

But, please, take a breath!
Enjoy the music we have!
It's fantastic stuff Smiley

Splash

/Mike

"When fascism came to America, it was called 'Political Correctness' and waved a culturally relative flag."
-Mike McGann
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #392 on: August 06, 2015, 01:00:21 PM »

to all......my post was a joke..... Roll Eyes.....it is something the Duke basketball coach called one of his players. I just think it is clever....

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
yagami1gnr
Headliner

Sultans of swing

« Reply #393 on: August 06, 2015, 01:53:57 PM »

Where do we go now?
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #394 on: August 06, 2015, 02:48:20 PM »

Well, I mean, if you think it'll help the general atmosphere....

Your momma is so fat, when she sits around the house, she sits AROUND the house.

Your momma is so fat, when she goes to the beach, the tides come in.

Your momma is so fat, Buckethead uses her as the main supplier for his KFC "hats".

Your momma is so fat, she's going to take over BOTH guitar players spots for GnR

Your momma is so fat, Tommy helped write "Take Me Down to the Hospital" after she sat on him.

And finally...

Your momma is so fat, Fernando wants to date her.

That's it folks, I'm out! Thank you very much! Don't forget to tip your waiters!

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
AXLRIVERS
Headliner

« Reply #395 on: August 06, 2015, 03:06:03 PM »

Mort...u speaking about Emily? Continues to get away trashing everyone remotely critical of anything new gnr. Ignore dude. Its a war we wont win guys.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #396 on: August 06, 2015, 05:59:44 PM »

Nothing like a round of "Your momma" jokes to kill a thread, dead. Wink

You're welcome.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
McGann
Haiku writing motherfucker
VIP

My hat is HEAVY-DUTY tinfoil

« Reply #397 on: August 06, 2015, 06:32:23 PM »

Nothing like a round of "Your momma" jokes to kill a thread, dead. Wink

You're welcome.

Pilferk, I must ask...
Is Momma, indeed, so fat,
Her blood type's Ragu?Huh Smiley

Splash

/Mike

"When fascism came to America, it was called 'Political Correctness' and waved a culturally relative flag."
-Mike McGann
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #398 on: August 06, 2015, 06:48:06 PM »

I am sorry. I just don't get the incessant need to be an ass. When Radiohead went sideways, to me, after OK Computer, I simply jumped in to TOOL. No need to focus negative energy on another bands fanbase. If you don't like it, take your ball and go home or somewhere else that get's your dick hard. If one of your former bands that you liked changes direction and gives you something you can sink your teeth in to, then come back. Simple philosophy.

Sitting around saying the same old thing day after day after day is the very definition of insanity.

But, maybe we have to consider that that you  actually get off on being a negative prick. Undecided

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #399 on: August 06, 2015, 07:04:36 PM »

I think Fernando coming on here plus Frank's reassurance was all we needed at this point.

If something wasn't said after two members leaving the group, I know I would have been very uncertain about the future of GNR.

Even if I disagree on how the public relations is run within GNR, I'm content with the information we have at the moment. There's still a Guns N Roses and more information will come in a few months.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 25 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: