Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:46:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Updates: July 31st, 2021 Hershey, PA @ Hersheypark Stadium
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Updates: July 31st, 2021 Hershey, PA @ Hersheypark Stadium  (Read 28317 times)
gnr1967
Rocker

One person's morality is another person's nonsense

« Reply #80 on: August 01, 2021, 12:57:42 AM »

The show started off okay.  Axl's voice was decent until Better imho.  Better was a train wreck as far as vocals.  Although I was a little sad that Hardschool wasn't played, I'm still glad I got to see them after such a long pandemic.  But it was a very predictable show.  I also scored one of the Hershey limited edition lithograph posters. 
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #81 on: August 01, 2021, 01:00:37 AM »

His voice sounded completely like it has the past several tours from what I heard.

Ali
gnr1967
Rocker

« Reply #82 on: August 01, 2021, 01:15:11 AM »

I saw them in Hershey a few years ago and again tonight.  I definitely see a decline in Axl's vocals over the years when comparing the two shows.  Axl sounded much more consistent 3-4 years ago.  In comparison, the first few songs tonight were pretty strong until they got to Better.  During Better, Axl sounded like Mickey Mouse after sucking on helium.  IMHO they cannot perform Better live without it sounding horrid due to the vocals.  I honestly wish they would pick a different Chinese Democracy song to replace it - one that they can pull off live.  The rest of the show was hit or miss.  I did like seeing Slither, Dead Horse, and a few others.  Fairly predictable show, a little bummed about the vocals on certain songs, but I'm still glad I saw them. They had some good moments.
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #83 on: August 01, 2021, 01:38:41 AM »

I saw them in Hershey a few years ago and again tonight.  I definitely see a decline in Axl's vocals over the years when comparing the two shows.  Axl sounded much more consistent 3-4 years ago.  In comparison, the first few songs tonight were pretty strong until they got to Better.  During Better, Axl sounded like Mickey Mouse after sucking on helium.  IMHO they cannot perform Better live without it sounding horrid due to the vocals.  I honestly wish they would pick a different Chinese Democracy song to replace it - one that they can pull off live.  The rest of the show was hit or miss.  I did like seeing Slither, Dead Horse, and a few others.  Fairly predictable show, a little bummed about the vocals on certain songs, but I'm still glad I saw them. They had some good moments.
I disagree completely. Other than not holding notes as long tonight, there was no meaningful difference that I could hear.

He looks noticeably lighter than he did a few years ago, and that will only help his performance going forward.

Given his body language on some of the songs, and how he came in late on PC, I would say he was having monitor issues.

Ali
icpillusions
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #84 on: August 01, 2021, 02:28:45 AM »

Axl fought sound issues all night. His mic kept cutting out and  we couldn't hear him at all. He basically decided to save his voice after Better. He belted out the rockin part of Better but his mic cut out and we couldn't hear him at all.  So, from that point on he didn't do any of the "screaming" vocals.

On a separate note. I heard Axl arrived a little late so they had to cut a song or two to meet curfew.

No Pyro or confetti during Paradise. No band bow at the end. They just got out of there as fast as they can.

Tour Mech can be ordered online to avoid the lines @
https://gnrtourtruck.com

Hopefully, they work the issues out. It was the worst GnR concert I've been to.
bolton
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #85 on: August 01, 2021, 02:31:13 AM »

The show started off okay.  Axl's voice was decent until Better imho.  Better was a train wreck as far as vocals.  Although I was a little sad that Hardschool wasn't played, I'm still glad I got to see them after such a long pandemic.  But it was a very predictable show.  I also scored one of the Hershey limited edition lithograph posters.  
I wans't be there sinve Covid started...What is "Hardschool"?
Also it is great that GNR started...Do not complaining...It is great to see them live and ready for rock...
Was stadium full,or there were some Covid restriction?
(t)
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #86 on: August 01, 2021, 03:16:12 AM »

No bow is a little surprising.
ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #87 on: August 01, 2021, 03:25:46 AM »

His voice sounds like it’s gone forever. Even during jungle he doesn’t even try…I’m good with it, i knew it, but it’s sad that he doesn’t care anymore, it’s pretty clear. He’s not even singin, just gasping for air after 2 songs. Don’t try to explain or find excuses…enough for me. After all this rest you still have no voice ?.  Hope they’ll put out something new in the future, that’s it.
izzyjim
Rocker

« Reply #88 on: August 01, 2021, 03:41:46 AM »

And Mannish Boy has basically the same riff as Bo Diddleys ''Im A man''
So many songs that sounds similar.

Which is based upon another Muddy Waters song, "Hoochie Coochie Man"  Wink
Michael
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #89 on: August 01, 2021, 03:55:28 AM »

Seems there was one dude at the show that wanted to get on stage - he was kicked off the train :-D

https://www.instagram.com/p/CSBGQs6DE-U/
sworrm
Rocker

« Reply #90 on: August 01, 2021, 05:24:07 AM »

His voice sounds like it’s gone forever. Even during jungle he doesn’t even try…I’m good with it, i knew it, but it’s sad that he doesn’t care anymore, it’s pretty clear. He’s not even singin, just gasping for air after 2 songs. Don’t try to explain or find excuses…enough for me. After all this rest you still have no voice ?.  Hope they’ll put out something new in the future, that’s it.
👍🏽Spot on
hunter80
Headliner

« Reply #91 on: August 01, 2021, 06:40:52 AM »

The casuals really only care about Jungle, PC, SCOM, NR and possibly Patience.
I don’t know of any casual that is demanding Easy, Brownstone, CD, DTJ, Any Chinese songs or even that many Illusions songs.

So there is plenty of scope for change if the demand was there. It clearly isn’t. The structure of the set is essentially the same for half a decade now.

It was strange to market shows as “all new show” when very little is actually new. It’s also hard to see a band releasing new music if they can’t even change up the order of a show.

It’s a well rehearsed and scripted show.

11/8/02, 11/10/06, 11/11/06, 11/2/11, 12/13/11, 12/16/11, 12/27/11, 2/21/12, 11/3/12, 11/17/12, 11/24/12, 5/24/14, 5/25/14, 5/30/14, 5/31/14, 6/7/14, 4/9/16, 8/15/16, 11/17/17
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #92 on: August 01, 2021, 06:50:13 AM »

And Mannish Boy has basically the same riff as Bo Diddleys ''Im A man''
So many songs that sounds similar.

Which is based upon another Muddy Waters song, "Hoochie Coochie Man"  Wink
Dammit!  Grin

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
gnr1967
Rocker

« Reply #93 on: August 01, 2021, 06:54:13 AM »

I disagree completely. Other than not holding notes as long tonight, there was no meaningful difference that I could hear.

He looks noticeably lighter than he did a few years ago, and that will only help his performance going forward.

Given his body language on some of the songs, and how he came in late on PC, I would say he was having monitor issues.

Ali

Well maybe my recollection just isn't that great then.  I just noticed more of an issue with Better and a few other songs this time than a few years ago for whatever reason, whether it's a monitor issue or something else.  I was still glad to be there, and I was still glad to see them again.  Still a great show and just happy they are still active. Sorry if it sounded like I was being too negative.
gnr1967
Rocker

« Reply #94 on: August 01, 2021, 06:58:59 AM »

The show started off okay.  Axl's voice was decent until Better imho.  Better was a train wreck as far as vocals.  Although I was a little sad that Hardschool wasn't played, I'm still glad I got to see them after such a long pandemic.  But it was a very predictable show.  I also scored one of the Hershey limited edition lithograph posters.  
I wans't be there sinve Covid started...What is "Hardschool"?
Also it is great that GNR started...Do not complaining...It is great to see them live and ready for rock...
Was stadium full,or there were some Covid restriction?

Sorry if you think I was complaining.  I said it was a great show and I'm glad they're active.  Hardschool is one of the rumored new songs that was rehearsed at one point but never released.  This was my first time posting here in a few years, so sorry if I'm a little rusty with the etiquette here.  I was just excited to see GNR again.
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #95 on: August 01, 2021, 07:26:07 AM »

Firsts shows of a tour have been rusty before.
I was in Berlin 2018 and there were some issues too. It was a a shorter show than usual, They skipped songs like You Could Be Mine and Coma. Axl even said at some point something like ''i suck today'' or ''my voice is fucked today'' 

Not doing a bow at the end is a bit weird. I dont recall that happening before.

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #96 on: August 01, 2021, 07:35:21 AM »

There always seems to be a technical issue with the first show. I think they're cursed.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #97 on: August 01, 2021, 08:15:04 AM »

It might have been either a curfew or a covid precaution thing. 
reayj2003
VIP

« Reply #98 on: August 01, 2021, 08:40:37 AM »

It might have been either a curfew or a covid precaution thing. 

Ah yeah, COVID restriction makes sense.
Executioner
Rocker

« Reply #99 on: August 01, 2021, 09:11:57 AM »

His voice sounds poor ok it's been a while since they last played but hopefully he doesn't go down the route of Vince Neil  where he destroys the songs by singing like an injured cat ,I was surprised he sang Jungle so badly as usually he nails it regardless but he may have had some technical issues, it may take a few gigs for him to get up to par  but I think that AC⚡DC tour a few back took a huge toll on his vocal chords and he hasn't  consistently sounded good since then.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: