Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 08:11:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227908 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl on Sebastian Bach's "Angel Down" album - discussions about the songs
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 82 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl on Sebastian Bach's "Angel Down" album - discussions about the songs  (Read 232538 times)
disease51883
Rocker

Hey, you caught me in a Coma...

« Reply #1460 on: December 04, 2007, 04:50:37 AM »

I'm actually liking some of the other songs even more than the ones that Axl guests on. Overall, one of the most solid albums that I've heard in a long time.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2007, 04:53:18 AM by disease51883 » Logged
MikeFrett
Headliner

Don't damn me

« Reply #1461 on: December 04, 2007, 03:37:54 PM »

Well...It is metal. um...I found it to be a little too hard for my tastes though. I'm just not into the really hard stuff these days, which is probably why I disagree with Axl's new sound for CD. I dunno, I guess I can always fall back on Poison which has basically kept the 80's sound alive with the most recent cover album.

Hopefully the new Black Sabbath album won't be a let down either.
Albert S Miller
Legend

Simply can't get much better than this!!!

« Reply #1462 on: December 05, 2007, 04:03:57 PM »

Well...It is metal. um...I found it to be a little too hard for my tastes though. I'm just not into the really hard stuff these days, which is probably why I disagree with Axl's new sound for CD. I dunno, I guess I can always fall back on Poison which has basically kept the 80's sound alive with the most recent cover album.

Hopefully the new Black Sabbath album won't be a let down either.
Even if the music is a little harder than u like, it's hard to deny that his voice just completly kicks ass!!

Turn my sorrow into treasured gold, you'll pay me back in kind and reap just what you've sown !!
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #1463 on: December 05, 2007, 08:51:18 PM »

From Metal Underground

Sebastian Bach Charts With "Angel Down"

posted Wednesday, November 28, 2007 at 03:50:45 PM by deathbringer.

Sebastian Bach tops next week's Billboard Heatseekers Chart with "Angel Down," his first solo album in eight years. "Angel Down" - produced by Roy Z (Bruce Dickinson, Rob Halford, Judas Priest) and featuring three tracks with Guns N Roses' Axl Rose on vocals - also lands at #27 on Billboard's Hard Rock chart, and enters the Top 200 Albums chart at #190. While it will be a week or so before all international sales figures are in, "Angel Down" debuted at #50 in Japan.

HERE'S THE SCAN FROM BILLBOARD MAG LISTING BAZ AS #1!!! headbanger

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #1464 on: December 06, 2007, 10:35:11 AM »

From Metal Underground

Sebastian Bach Charts With "Angel Down"

posted Wednesday, November 28, 2007 at 03:50:45 PM by deathbringer.

Sebastian Bach tops next week's Billboard Heatseekers Chart with "Angel Down," his first solo album in eight years. "Angel Down" - produced by Roy Z (Bruce Dickinson, Rob Halford, Judas Priest) and featuring three tracks with Guns N Roses' Axl Rose on vocals - also lands at #27 on Billboard's Hard Rock chart, and enters the Top 200 Albums chart at #190. While it will be a week or so before all international sales figures are in, "Angel Down" debuted at #50 in Japan.

HERE'S THE SCAN FROM BILLBOARD MAG LISTING BAZ AS #1!!! headbanger

Maybe it's me, but this just seems like a mechanism to make more albums seem like they're selling well.  He's at #190 on the real chart.  He's at #27 on a genre specific chart.  He's #1 on a third chart of "Heatseekers" (whatever that means), but I have my doubts that this one is in any way more prestigious than the first two. 

Sorry, but it just strikes me as BS.  No disrespect to Bas, because the album is great, but it sells what it sells, and compiling a thousand different charts doesn't change that one bit.

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #1465 on: December 06, 2007, 10:57:15 AM »

Maybe it's me, but this just seems like a mechanism to make more albums seem like they're selling well.? He's at #190 on the real chart.? He's at #27 on a genre specific chart.? He's #1 on a third chart of "Heatseekers" (whatever that means), but I have my doubts that this one is in any way more prestigious than the first two.?

Sorry, but it just strikes me as BS.? No disrespect to Bas, because the album is great, but it sells what it sells, and compiling a thousand different charts doesn't change that one bit.

IMO, it's more about him being recognized as being #1 in a mag that's looked upon as the 'measuring stick' and in a category where the playing field is more level as opposed to those other categories (which he also ranked well in) where things like the number of albums available/accessibility for peoples to buy, popularity of the genre (there's a reason you'll find Bon Jovi on the country charts), etc., come in to play.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Sillything
VIP

« Reply #1466 on: December 06, 2007, 11:23:15 AM »

The song I've herad so far are dissapointment even Axl can't save them. It's just boring metal to me so I guess I shouldn't be reviewing

Stockholm 1991, 1993, 1995 (Slash), 2006,2015 (Slash), 2017
Roskilde: 2006
Helsinki 2010
Prague: 2010, 2017,2022
Milano: 2012
Aarhus: 2016 (Ac/Dc),
Berlin: 2018
Tallin: 2018
Gothenburg 2018
Crowebar
Sir Puke-a-Lot
VIP

« Reply #1467 on: December 06, 2007, 01:04:42 PM »

The First Axl song is going to be the 1st single off the album so maybe there will be a video shot also!

Let's not get too overly excited here.   confused
remcognr
Rocker

#remcognr

« Reply #1468 on: December 07, 2007, 03:55:07 PM »

got this cd today and my first impression: very hard rocking album! very hard (for Bach's sake)!

"There's A Lot Goin'On"

Check out my GN'R collection on insta: www.instagram.com/remcognr
bodine
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1469 on: December 07, 2007, 08:01:22 PM »

I DL'd the 3 songs with Axl on Nov 20 from amazon.com.  After giving them a fair chance, I'm not very impressed with them, but Axl sounds strong as ever!
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1470 on: December 09, 2007, 10:01:06 PM »

Here is some of an interview with Ultimate Guitar dated 12/01/07:

Sebastian Bach: 'If Something Sucks, I'm The First One To Tell You'

You enlisted the help of the legendary Axl Rose for 3 songs on the album. What was it like working with him?

You have to be ready to stay up late if you?re going to work with Axl Rose. He came in about 11 pm, and we didn?t leave the studio till about noon the next day. That?s no exaggeration. You?re partying with the big boys now. That?s who he is and he?s a creative guy, but he has very opposite hours to most people. That?s just the way it is. He?s extremely creative. He did all 3 songs in one night. His voice sounds just like he?s a teenager. It sounds like a kid?s, and it?s amazing that his voice is so well preserved. It sounds so fresh. I can?t explain as a fan and also as a musician what it means to have him sing on my record. It?s almost mind-blowing until you realize it?s reality!

I heard you make a guest appearance on one of the tracks on Chinese Democracy as well.

Yes, I sang a song on Chinese Democracy called ?Sorry,? and sorry I don?t know when it?s coming out! It?s sort of like John Lennon was asking me to sing on The Beatles? record. When that comes out, people are going to freak out that we finally have a new Guns? album. There I am on it! I don?t know what to say. I?ve been doing interviews all day and I still don?t even know what to say about how incredible this time period is for me since I put this album out. I?m so proud of it and I?m so excited for all of my fans who have been listening to my music for 20 years to hear it. I?ve got a new CD after all this time that?s going to kick their fucking ass, and I?m just delighted!

Do you have any plans to tour in the near future?

In a perfect world, Angel Down would have come out last year when I was on the road with Guns N? Roses. I?m not going to wait around, but at the same time I don?t think you?ll ever see the day again when I get in a bus and play every club across America. I?m just too old for that and I don?t really enjoy playing clubs that much anymore. I?m trying to put together a tour with another big band, and we?ll see what happens. But I?m not going to wait for that, either.

Complete interview here:

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/interviews/interviews/sebastian_bach_if_something_sucks_im_the_first_one_to_tell_you.html

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
remcognr
Rocker

#remcognr

« Reply #1471 on: December 10, 2007, 03:17:06 AM »

anyone else having problems with playing the cd? I didn't have it the first time, but now, it skips a lot in my normal standalone player, and my pc stopped recognizing it at all!

"There's A Lot Goin'On"

Check out my GN'R collection on insta: www.instagram.com/remcognr
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #1472 on: December 10, 2007, 08:59:50 AM »

anyone else having problems with playing the cd? I didn't have it the first time, but now, it skips a lot in my normal standalone player, and my pc stopped recognizing it at all!

My buddy said the same thing about his. He has a Sony car stereo that's been working right for years and now Angel Down (the copy he bought from Target) isn't playing right after playing for weeks.

Seeing as he purchased it, I made him a copy of mine that I downloaded from Amazon and it seems to be doing ok now. Weird though.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1473 on: December 13, 2007, 02:24:31 PM »

Sebastian Bach interview with CHOM 97.7 Montreal, Quebec.  Here is roughly was he says...

Angel Down has been give Cancon status, and he jokes that now Axl is a Canadian artist because he sings on the CD.

On Axl singing on the CD: he says that he thinks that Axl just found it refreshing to bypass the politics of his album and came to have fun.

Also, that Axl had talked to him about playing Montreal.  That there was talk of a triple bill, Guns N Roses, Sebastian and the Trailer Park Boys.  He doesn't know why that did not happen.  But Axl told him that he wanted to play Montreal again.

He also says that he has been holding out for a big tour, but is tired of waiting so he is currently planning a tour.

You can listen to the interview here (Axl mention at 24:40)

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=86687

Blabbermouth is reporting that  "Angel Down", has sold 13,000 copies in the United States since its November 20 release, according to Nielsen SoundScan.

« Last Edit: December 13, 2007, 02:32:12 PM by FunkyMonkey » Logged

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
freddiebrph
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1474 on: December 13, 2007, 07:53:43 PM »

My buddy said the same thing about his. He has a Sony car stereo that's been working right for years and now Angel Down (the copy he bought from Target) isn't playing right after playing for weeks.

Seeing as he purchased it, I made him a copy of mine that I downloaded from Amazon and it seems to be doing ok now. Weird though.

That is weird, mine started to skip the 3rd time I played it in my car?
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #1475 on: December 13, 2007, 08:36:32 PM »

Very strange. The copy I made my buddy is playing just fine in his car and his original plays fine in his computer and home stereo. Weird.

That is weird, mine started to skip the 3rd time I played it in my car?

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1476 on: December 14, 2007, 01:20:01 PM »

The first video fo the album will be (Love Is) A Bitchslap:

Sebastian Bach has just put the finishing touches on the first video from his new solo album, "Angel Down", at Macabre studios in New Jersey. According to Bach, "(Love Is) A Bitchslap" is "a live performance video, filmed at the sold-out Calgary Saddledome and Winnipeg MTS Centre shows. The video kicks ass and I can't wait for you all to see it!! The band is rockin' and we played to over 40,000 of you people those two nights, so on behalf of the band, thanks for letting us star in YOUR video, Calgary and Winnipeg!!"

From Blabbermouth.

I believe the shows were on the GN'R tour last year?

Anyway, hopefully once the video is out, more people will get to hear the song.  Smiley

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #1477 on: December 14, 2007, 02:58:22 PM »

i thought for sure that this alubum would sell more than 13.000. Was that the first week, and might the low numbers have been because what i understand was pretty bad ditribution?

Can someone shed some light on this?

Is it really THAT hard to sell records in the U.S. these days?? I mean 13.000 is virtually nothing right? At least not for a guy of Baz's caliber...

Does iTunes comes in under this count?

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #1478 on: December 14, 2007, 04:24:23 PM »

i thought for sure that this alubum would sell more than 13.000. Was that the first week, and might the low numbers have been because what i understand was pretty bad ditribution?

Can someone shed some light on this?

Is it really THAT hard to sell records in the U.S. these days?? I mean 13.000 is virtually nothing right? At least not for a guy of Baz's caliber...

Does iTunes comes in under this count?

It really depends on the type of release.  For a wide release, major label record 13,000 would be terrible

But what you have to understand is that this album was independently released, has had absolutely no promotion aside from Baz doing radio interviews, and has been impossible to find in stores in many markets.  A lot of people who wanted to buy the album couldn't find it in stores.  And remember that Soundscan doesn't count all record outlets, and specifically it doesn't count sales at independent and privately owned record stores, which are often the only place you can find albums like this with any regularity

I would say if Baz can sell 25,000-40,000 copies of this record, that would be a success given that the album hasn't had any marketing and was released in very limited quantities
AC
Rocker

« Reply #1479 on: December 14, 2007, 06:10:15 PM »

How many albums have you sold?

a.

The more I read the more I'm confused, but the more interested I get...
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 82 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: