Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 03:10:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227897 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame! Now it's official.
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 158 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame! Now it's official.  (Read 465791 times)
vicariousexistence
Headliner

« Reply #1780 on: April 03, 2012, 08:01:35 PM »

ideally it wouldnt be by force.

that doesn't negate that your ultimate life dream is to attempt to change people's opinions of each other. Why not just let these people be? It's absurd. I'm the biggest Slash fan boy ever, I want to see him and Axl on a stage. But I'm not gonna make it my "dream" that's just insanity.

it's the one thing i want for my life.  things havent worked out for me in all aspects of life but i've fought on so that i would not miss this one moment. 

BBA?

i googled it this is what i found: BBA - The voice of banking and financial services.

My posts all have hidden messages.  It's your job to find it.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1781 on: April 03, 2012, 08:22:38 PM »

that doesn't negate that your ultimate life dream is to attempt to change people's opinions of each other. Why not just let these people be? It's absurd. I'm the biggest Slash fan boy ever, I want to see him and Axl on a stage. But I'm not gonna make it my "dream" that's just insanity.

it's the one thing i want for my life.  things havent worked out for me in all aspects of life but i've fought on so that i would not miss this one moment. 

BBA?

i googled it this is what i found: BBA - The voice of banking and financial services.

Also stands for: Beyond Boring Ass (clown) (and a pathetic troll).  ok

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #1782 on: April 03, 2012, 08:50:55 PM »

Green Day is very unexpected but welcomed in my opinion.  I've enjoyed Green Day since Dookie and am very much looking forward to their speech as I never realized they were influenced by GN'R.  I think the two bands have some similarity in the way they come out of the gate really raw and both bands sounds progressed significantly as their careers matured. 

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1783 on: April 03, 2012, 08:56:31 PM »

But I'm still unsure about Green Day... maybe they're just bluffing, trying to get Axl and the guys to play.

Green Day shared a link.

2 hours ago
http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/exclusive-green-day-to-induct-guns-n-roses-into-rock-and-roll-hall-of-fame-20120403#ixzz1r0tpp6hR

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #1784 on: April 03, 2012, 09:17:18 PM »

But I'm still unsure about Green Day... maybe they're just bluffing, trying to get Axl and the guys to play.

Green Day shared a link.

2 hours ago
http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/exclusive-green-day-to-induct-guns-n-roses-into-rock-and-roll-hall-of-fame-20120403#ixzz1r0tpp6hR

I meant in regards to having Green Day perform some GNR songs... should have been more specific! My bad. Smiley
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1785 on: April 03, 2012, 09:31:34 PM »

I meant in regards to having Green Day perform some GNR songs... should have been more specific! My bad. Smiley

Well, I was looking for some confirmation from the band. Smiley

And yeah, there hasn't been any mention of a performance -- I've just seen it stated they will deliver the induction speech.

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #1786 on: April 03, 2012, 09:54:37 PM »

Hahaha well done vicariousexistence... for anyone falling for this.  Come on, really haha
Siamese Democracy
Rocker

« Reply #1787 on: April 03, 2012, 10:09:43 PM »

Welcome to Paradise is a kick ass rock song.  Maybe Green Day and some GNR members can play a medley, Welcome to Paradise City!
snead hearn
Rocker

LORD OF THE BARNYARD

« Reply #1788 on: April 03, 2012, 10:11:33 PM »

Green Day is very unexpected but welcomed in my opinion.  I've enjoyed Green Day since Dookie and am very much looking forward to their speech as I never realized they were influenced by GN'R.  I think the two bands have some similarity in the way they come out of the gate really raw and both bands sounds progressed significantly as their careers matured. 

Welcomed? Hands up-anyone else thinking "how many other people said 'no' by the time they got to ask Green Day?" Green Day came out of the Gilman Street punk scene in Frisco-a long LONG way from in mind body and sound from where GNR came from. Green Day was on their third album by the time Dookie came along, post-Nirvana and then shot them into the stratosphere. Not to mention, Billie Joe has been on record as stating The Replacements (Tommy!) were a huge influence.

Sure, Billie Joe is a good performer. But as for summarizing and inducting Guns N' Roses-I'm simply dumbfounded. There's NOTHING remotely close or even distantly around to see why Green Day should induct.

Achhhh, who cares-it's all about the SMALL FACES/FACES!!!!!!

May 9, 1988 Felt Forum, NYC
December 5, 2002 Madison Square Garden, NYC
May 17, 2006 Hammerstein Ballroom, NYC
vicariousexistence
Headliner

« Reply #1789 on: April 03, 2012, 10:16:24 PM »

Hahaha well done vicariousexistence... for anyone falling for this.  Come on, really haha

i couldnt be more serious.  i've been posting about this on a sports board for the last 5+ years.

WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #1790 on: April 03, 2012, 10:23:20 PM »

i couldnt be more serious.  i've been posting about this on a sports board for the last 5+ years.

Hahahaha, which sports board?  If this is true I will openly admit that I am a fool, but if this has really happened I need to read it. 
vicariousexistence
Headliner

« Reply #1791 on: April 03, 2012, 10:37:14 PM »

Hahahaha, which sports board?  If this is true I will openly admit that I am a fool, but if this has really happened I need to read it. 

i can private message you the details if you're interested.

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #1792 on: April 03, 2012, 11:22:05 PM »

Of all the bands/artists mentioned, I don't think I ever saw/heard Green Day mentioned.  Interesting choice.  I liked Green Day when they first hit the scene but haven't really cared for them much in recent years.  I'm fine with it, but I'm not sure how they'll sound playing GNR songs, if it comes to that.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #1793 on: April 03, 2012, 11:26:00 PM »

Green Day hasn't written a single good song since 2000. It's laughable that you think they are "one of the greatest bands on the planet". I can think of so many other bands better than Green Day. I'm not calling them the worst musical act ever, but still. I know that Green Day's bassist was influenced a lot by Duff ; mostly because of their punk rock roots. But Green Day as a whole is just not a band that should be inducting Guns N' Roses .

you are out of your fucking mind.  Green Day put out their best album "American Idiot" in 2004 and their 3rd best album "21st Century Breakdown" in 2009.  Oh and they also have one of the most anticipated rock albums of 2012.  Seriously have you not listened to a radio or turned on a tv in the last decade?  It is like some of you are in a time warp.  I can't believe this many people are so out of touch.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #1794 on: April 03, 2012, 11:29:45 PM »

dude Green Day is one of the biggest bands of the last 25 years, and in my opinion the best band to come out of the 90's, at the very least they are the most relevant 90's band here in 2012.  They are one of the most influential bands of all-time and will be joining the Hall of Fame on the first ballot in about 2 years.  Seriously, what is wrong with some of you?  You couldn't ask for a bigger name with as much cred as Green Day...oh and they have been doing it for over 20 years and are still packing arenas and are at the top of their game..  Fucking amazing choice.  This debacle of a Hall of Fame ceremony finally just became cool.

But no, some of you will bitch and moan and want dinosaurs like Steven Tyler to induct them.  Seriously some of you have to listen to some newer music.

Yeah, Lady Gaga is really popular too!  Let's have her induct Guns!  At least she wears their t-shirts!

its got nothing to do with being popular, Green Day is massively influential as well, and a first ballot Hall of Famer themselves in a few years when their time comes.

Honestly if Green Day were mentioned before today I would have said A. They are too big to do it or B. they wouldnt be interested.

It has EVERYTHING to do with being popular, as you said in your original post.  Go back and read what you wrote.

I wrote how credible they are and how they are going into the Hall of Fame in 2 years, yes of course they are popular, but that is not the ONLY reason they were chosen.  They have credibility, and a shit ton of it.  If it were just about being popular Nickelback or Daughtry would have done it.  Those are bands that have everything to do with being popular and have zero credibility.

It should still be better than that drum solo that Steven Adler threatened us with.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 11:38:59 PM by Bodhi » Logged
Jay Tea
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1795 on: April 04, 2012, 12:17:43 AM »

Well Green Day is my second favorite band so I actually thought this news was just an april fools joke on me because i can't be there.

But yea this is nuts for me. I have gone to extraordinary measures to see Green Day and GNR in my life.
I even recorded a version of what I thought Green Day would sound like doing "Pretty Tied Up" when someone posted that here in a thread about a fantasy GNR Tribute Compilation Album.

crazy.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 12:21:19 AM by Jay Tea » Logged
wakeup
Headliner

« Reply #1796 on: April 04, 2012, 12:23:14 AM »

Green Day does play some SCOM and their crowd sings along.  It's what got my son to really give GNR a listen after he saw Green Day in concert. I can not wait to tell him about this.
m_rated96
Rocker

slash slash slash

« Reply #1797 on: April 04, 2012, 12:25:02 AM »

guns n roses just tweeted about greenday

Guns N' Roses ‏ @gunsnroses

One thing we can say about 4-14-2012 in Cleveland, Ohio It's gonna be a @GreenDay http://bit.ly/HjUcIK

methinks axl is going..?
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #1798 on: April 04, 2012, 01:32:36 AM »

Green Day? No shit! Good band.

Not one I would have guessed to induct GNR.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #1799 on: April 04, 2012, 02:05:22 AM »

Green Day? Really? 
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 158 Go Up Print