Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 01:22:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227669 Posts in 43239 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  If Weiland were to be fired or reunite with STP full time, what next
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Down Print
Author Topic: If Weiland were to be fired or reunite with STP full time, what next  (Read 35397 times)
SpiritDave
One man Matt Sorum fan club
Banned
Rocker

Spiritofthestate.com

« Reply #80 on: February 26, 2008, 01:44:49 AM »

IF and it's a big IF Weiland leaves to reform STP full time then Slash should call up Sebastian Bach and give him the job........like he should have in the first place!

I really don't think that would happen, and if it would, I don't think Baz would take the job.

Ali

Maybe because he'd be frightened of the band members intentions considering the badmouthing he's done in the recent past Wink lol

<--- Apparently I'm a one man Matt Sorum fan club - Well, if that's the case, I'm proud to be! - Btw, I just love the whole deleting posts thing here Smiley
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #81 on: February 26, 2008, 02:53:40 AM »

IF and it's a big IF Weiland leaves to reform STP full time then Slash should call up Sebastian Bach and give him the job........like he should have in the first place!

I really don't think that would happen, and if it would, I don't think Baz would take the job.

Ali

Maybe because he'd be frightened of the band members intentions considering the badmouthing he's done in the recent past Wink lol

He hasn't done any badmouthing to be afraid of reprocussions from.  At least that I'm aware of.  I don't call saying he'd rather hear Tommy Stinson play "Welcome To The Jungle" with Axl instead of hearing Slash and Duff do STP songs, badmouthing.

Ali
martyngnr
Headliner

« Reply #82 on: February 26, 2008, 01:31:29 PM »

Ali

He hasn't done any badmouthing to be afraid of reprocussions from.  At least that I'm aware of.  I don't call saying he'd rather hear Tommy Stinson play "Welcome To The Jungle" with Axl instead of hearing Slash and Duff do STP songs, badmouthing.

Ali

You're right - That isnt badmouthing.
IMO all Baz is saying is GNR songs are better than STP songs. Obviously i can't speak for Slash or Duff but i have a feeling they might agree! It's just Baz has a crazy way of saying the simplest thing!  peace

"I read the internet......I know what's going on!"
suicide
VIP

« Reply #83 on: February 26, 2008, 02:17:36 PM »

The whole idea that some of you are still discussing the possibility of Slash and company using the GN'R name, which doesn't belong to them, is ridiculous.
/jarmo

They could use "Axl Rose" as the name of their new group since there isn't a group (as far as I know) with that name yet. You know, like a "Franz Ferdinant" kind of thing.

"... From Los Angeles, California... "Axl Rose" with Slash, Duff and Matt."
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #84 on: February 26, 2008, 02:59:51 PM »

The whole idea that some of you are still discussing the possibility of Slash and company using the GN'R name, which doesn't belong to them, is ridiculous.
/jarmo

They could use "Axl Rose" as the name of their new group since there isn't a group (as far as I know) with that name yet. You know, like a "Franz Ferdinant" kind of thing.

If I'm not mistaken, the same person who owns the GNR name also owns the trademark to the other name in various forms too.  And I kinda have doubts that this person would be stupid enough to sign over his rights to it to them.  hihi

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
MikeD
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #85 on: February 26, 2008, 10:20:23 PM »

/jarmo

From a legal perspective maybe they could use that name, but in reality, there's no real need to.

No they couldn't because there's an insinuation that Axl would be there, so it's misleading and they wouldn't be allowed to do it. They would lose a lawsuit and Axl would collect a check from them. And that shit would get solved quick. Look at the recent issues with the Doors and with the Talking Heads. Very similar and not a lot of luck.

fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #86 on: February 26, 2008, 10:59:16 PM »

/jarmo

From a legal perspective maybe they could use that name, but in reality, there's no real need to.

No they couldn't because there's an insinuation that Axl would be there, so it's misleading and they wouldn't be allowed to do it. They would lose a lawsuit and Axl would collect a check from them. And that shit would get solved quick. Look at the recent issues with the Doors and with the Talking Heads. Very similar and not a lot of luck.

... and neglecting everything else, it would be artistic suicide. They would be the laughing stock of the entire industry.

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #87 on: February 26, 2008, 11:40:41 PM »

I can't believe you people are discussing that Slash and co. would use the name GN'R or "Axl Rose" as the name of their band. What the fuck is wrong with you people?

Fuck 'Em All.
*Timothy*
Banned
VIP

Liberated the WANG!!!

« Reply #88 on: February 26, 2008, 11:44:09 PM »

I can't believe you people are discussing that Slash and co. would use the name GN'R or "Axl Rose" as the name of their band. What the fuck is wrong with you people?

Drugs, alcohol , eating paint chips...premature ejaculation..take your pick sir.

http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/

Liberating wangs one dong at a time!!!
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #89 on: February 27, 2008, 12:58:09 AM »

one of the few times you made a post i strongly agreed with.  well done.
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #90 on: February 27, 2008, 01:39:33 AM »

well done.

'Well done' from Jim Bob? Shocked

I'm truly honored. hihi

Fuck 'Em All.
suicide
VIP

« Reply #91 on: February 27, 2008, 09:04:32 AM »

Hey Man, don't take it too seriously. What about "Here Today... Gone To Hell!"? That would be another great bandname. Unfortunately, I think the url heretodaygonetohell.com is already taken.

Anyway, back to the subject...
What if Weiland reunites with STP? Could VR still go on?
Since 'Velvet Revolver' is only an average band name it would be stupid not to change it.

Should Slash and Duff (and Izzy) continue to work with each other?
Hell yeah!!!

Should they look for another singer?
Sure, but I think they know it's not easy to find the right one.

What singer would you like to join Slash and Duff?
I'd prefer it to be Whitfield Crane (Ugly Kid Joe, Life of Agony, Medication, Another Animal). He's got the perfect voice and vibe.
Wheres Izzy
I smoke my cigarette with style
VIP

« Reply #92 on: February 27, 2008, 04:13:16 PM »

Hey Man, don't take it too seriously. What about "Here Today... Gone To Hell!"? That would be another great bandname. Unfortunately, I think the url heretodaygonetohell.com is already taken.

Anyway, back to the subject...
What if Weiland reunites with STP? Could VR still go on?
Since 'Velvet Revolver' is only an average band name it would be stupid not to change it.

Should Slash and Duff (and Izzy) continue to work with each other?
Hell yeah!!!

Should they look for another singer?
Sure, but I think they know it's not easy to find the right one.

What singer would you like to join Slash and Duff?
I'd prefer it to be Whitfield Crane (Ugly Kid Joe, Life of Agony, Medication, Another Animal). He's got the perfect voice and vibe.

Only thing I've ever heard Whitfield Crane on is "Born to raise Hell" by Motorhead. Is ugly kid joe any good? I always assumed they were lame hair metal for some reason. Don't even remember where I got that impression, I kow nothing by or about them.

Can you imagine, for a second, doing
anything just 'cuz you want to?
Well, that's just what I do so hooray for me and fuck you
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #93 on: February 27, 2008, 04:58:38 PM »

I think Mike Patton would be a pretty cool replacement for Scott.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Feel_The_Burn
« Reply #94 on: February 27, 2008, 06:05:54 PM »

Just a bit of fun and nothing more. A hypothetical question.

1 person *Axl* arguing he wants his band to be called GN'R
vs
4 people *Slash, Duff, Adler, Izzy* arguing they want thair band to be called GN'R

It's not like a band using another band's name. Its slightly different.

HA Axl would win that in the courts in 5 seconds!  hihi
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #95 on: February 27, 2008, 06:54:29 PM »

Alright, I asked once NOT to go down the ex members using the GNR name road now it's just gotten silly.

So stop - now.

Non negotiable.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
suicide
VIP

« Reply #96 on: February 28, 2008, 03:19:26 AM »

Only thing I've ever heard Whitfield Crane on is "Born to raise Hell" by Motorhead. Is ugly kid joe any good? I always assumed they were lame hair metal for some reason. Don't even remember where I got that impression, I kow nothing by or about them.
In my opinion Ugly Kid Joe was a great band. But that's just me.
I don't think this was ever discussed here but Del James was thanked in the Medication booklet. Medication is another band Whitfield Crane was in. They only released one album "Prince Valium".
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #97 on: February 28, 2008, 02:43:45 PM »

Just a bit of fun and nothing more. A hypothetical question.

1 person *Axl* arguing he wants his band to be called GN'R
vs
4 people *Slash, Duff, Adler, Izzy* arguing they want thair band to be called GN'R

It's not like a band using another band's name. Its slightly different.

HA Axl would win that in the courts in 5 seconds!  hihi

would he?

5 guys under the same name. 1 wants to own the name, the other 4 want to own the name also. 1 vs 4.

You were asked nicely to stop:

Alright, I asked once NOT to go down the ex members using the GNR name road now it's just gotten silly.

So stop - now.

Non negotiable.

You've been warned.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
JeffK
Rocker

« Reply #98 on: March 09, 2008, 01:26:21 AM »

I still think they shoulda picked Sebastian Bach in the first place. He's a true rocker with tons of energy and his new album is really good. I really can't stand Weiland.

2006: Edmonton
2010: Calgary
2010: Saskatoon
2012: Las Vegas (x2)
2014: Las Vegas (x2)
2016: Las Vegas
2016: Toronto
2017: Regina
2017: Edmonton
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: