Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 05:54:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227942 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Robin leaving? Just touring?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 237 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Robin leaving? Just touring?  (Read 735775 times)
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #80 on: April 05, 2008, 02:05:43 AM »

I hate to be negative...but apppears as though Robin is out of GNr...Reznor said this tour is going to be like a year and a half or something....yeah i dont think GNR is going to sit around until then

The only dates I've seen for the NIN tour are through early September.  I don't think any other dates have been announced.

Ali

The press statement mentions that Robin has joined NIN on their World Tour which alludes to a much longer tour to come.

Yes, I understand, but the only confirmed dates I've seen are through early September.  There is no set timeframe for how long a world tour lasts, anyway.

Ali

True. US tour runs thru September if I am not mistaken. The band's overseas activities should extend at least til the end of the year, possibly longer.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #81 on: April 05, 2008, 02:11:50 AM »

I hate to be negative...but apppears as though Robin is out of GNr...Reznor said this tour is going to be like a year and a half or something....yeah i dont think GNR is going to sit around until then

The only dates I've seen for the NIN tour are through early September.  I don't think any other dates have been announced.

Ali

The press statement mentions that Robin has joined NIN on their World Tour which alludes to a much longer tour to come.

Yes, I understand, but the only confirmed dates I've seen are through early September.  There is no set timeframe for how long a world tour lasts, anyway.

Ali

True. US tour runs thru September if I am not mistaken. The band's overseas activities should extend at least til the end of the year, possibly longer.

That is exactly what I was thinking.  What if NIN just tours until the end of the year and GN'R just focuses on getting the record out this year and touring next year?

The band seemed so tight, and things seem so close now, like the finish line is in sight.  Why would he want to leave now anyway when all the hard work is going to come to fruition in the not too distant future?

Ali
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #82 on: April 05, 2008, 02:14:43 AM »

Impossible to know without some word from inside. Axl could have freed the band for the coming year, or perhaps certain members have become tired of waiting around. 

I can actually envision either scenario, but the fact that Robin won't be on stage with GnR for at least 2008 saddens me.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #83 on: April 05, 2008, 02:18:48 AM »

I really like Robin, I hope he isn't out of GN'R! 

If it's just a tour, it's not a big deal.  Richard just finished playing with Japan X. 

Tommy had his VGH tour.

It's still crappy to hear though.  Undecided
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #84 on: April 05, 2008, 02:25:22 AM »

Impossible to know without some word from inside. Axl could have freed the band for the coming year, or perhaps certain members have become tired of waiting around. 

I can actually envision either scenario, but the fact that Robin won't be on stage with GnR for at least 2008 saddens me.

I can understand getting tired of waiting if you don't see things going anywhere, if there is no finish line in sight, but the record is done, they are trying to get the record ready for release.  They just hired a top flight management team.  Things are moving in the right direction.  There's a finish line in sight.

Why quit now?  I don't understand why someone would at this point.

Ali
Tatiana Kudrin
Soak The Sin
Rocker

« Reply #85 on: April 05, 2008, 02:40:51 AM »

If it's just a tour, it's not a big deal.  Richard just finished playing with Japan X. 

Tommy had his VGH tour.

I agree with you to some extent. It is indeed no big deal since touring with Reznor won't imply further commitment (like recording an album with NIN). But it's not so crappy to hear those news. What was crappy was that, being a musician, Robin wasn't working on side projects or touring with friends, unlike his fellow members.  Sad It's gonna be good to see him with NIN for a while.

Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #86 on: April 05, 2008, 02:48:07 AM »

Tommy had his VGH tour.

I agree with you to some extent. It is indeed no big deal since touring with Reznor won't imply further commitment (like recording an album with NIN). But it's not so crappy to hear those news. What was crappy was that, being a musician, Robin wasn't working on side projects or touring with friends, unlike his fellow members.  Sad It's gonna be good to see him with NIN for a while.

Yes he was. Didn't you hear about/see videos of that Led Zepplin circus thing he was a part of.

Tatiana Kudrin
Soak The Sin
Rocker

« Reply #87 on: April 05, 2008, 03:00:33 AM »

Yes he was. Didn't you hear about/see videos of that Led Zepplin circus thing he was a part of.

I see you watched those videos without wondering when they were shot. Fyi, Robin was part of those shows in 2006, before going on tour with Axl.  ok
I'm sorry if my previous post seemed to imply Robin was never part of any side projects. I  was merely thinking about the lack of updates we had after the tour was done last summer.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2008, 03:07:23 AM by Lori » Logged

Kangaroo Friend
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #88 on: April 05, 2008, 03:01:59 AM »

He's just killing time/having fun until the album he put his heart and soul into is FINALLY RELEASED.  He hasn't quit.

DON'T BE STUPID PEOPLE.
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #89 on: April 05, 2008, 03:02:13 AM »

I see you watched those videos without wondering when they were shot. Fyi, Robin was part of those shows in 2006, before going on tour with Axl.  ok

I didn't know. I thought it was a recent thing. Oh well.

Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #90 on: April 05, 2008, 03:08:47 AM »

oh well...we will see what happens....but he is NOT irreplacable...if it comes to that
hartman
Rocker

Here since 2002

« Reply #91 on: April 05, 2008, 03:11:17 AM »

He hasn't quit.

Doubtful. He probably has quit.
Reznor is not the kind of guy who lets people get into his band so easily. If Finck is playing with NIN it will be for a long time.

GNR forever !!
cfcsfc
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #92 on: April 05, 2008, 03:13:37 AM »

I don't think this means that he's leaving at all. It seems like he's just filling a spot in Reznor's touring party.
Robin isn't my favorite guitarist, but I really like what he brings to GnR, so I hope that when the time comes he'll be back.
mrbucketfoot
« Reply #93 on: April 05, 2008, 03:19:09 AM »

I don't see this as "Robin leaving the band" like some others have read into it, but I do see it as bad news. No album soon and no GNR on tour this summer.

Sad

Rainfox
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #94 on: April 05, 2008, 03:23:20 AM »

I've said it before, I'll say it again.

I grew up on GNR; from back in 1987. I'm 36 years old today.

And to me - and I'll take - Tommy and Robin over Duff and Slash - any day of the week.

I love the old band, but that was then and the memories, music and performances are there forever. The new GNR is so much more vital to me now.

And the biggest players in that game (sans Axl) are: Robin Finck and Tommy Stinson. Their personalities, musicianship and general auras. They're good people.  

peace

If Robin and GNR part ways, I would be very sad.

Hope someone comments soon.

Smiley

Tatiana Kudrin
Soak The Sin
Rocker

« Reply #95 on: April 05, 2008, 03:32:14 AM »

He hasn't quit.

Doubtful. He probably has quit.
Reznor is not the kind of guy who lets people get into his band so easily. If Finck is playing with NIN it will be for a long time.
Reznor is after people he can trust and he had wanted Robin back in 2005 but Robin declined the invitation, very likely because he knew he'd have to quit before the end of the tour to go on tour with Axl. My guess is that Reznor called Robin and asked him again since North is gone has been fired (  hihi), and Robin agreed.... I'm sure it's identical to the situation we had in 1999-2000 and that Robin will come back to GNR.

Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #96 on: April 05, 2008, 03:33:00 AM »

I've said it before, I'll say it again.

I grew up on GNR; from back in 1987. I'm 36 years old today.

And to me - and I'll take - Tommy and Robin over Duff and Slash - any day of the week.

I love the old band, but that was then and the memories, music and performances are there forever. The new GNR is so much more vital to me now.

And the biggest players in that game (sans Axl) are: Robin Finck and Tommy Stinson. Their personalities, musicianship and general auras. They're good people. 

peace

If Robin and GNR part ways, I would be very sad.

Hope someone comments soon.

Smiley

very well said.   couldn't have put it any better.    Robin is the fucking man and he embodies what GnR is all about.

Happy birthday  peace
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #97 on: April 05, 2008, 03:49:59 AM »

This is a big fuckin bummer for gnr, and it means that probably the most creative of the 3 guitarists has left,
I mean, the dude wrote Better.. although I dont know if the other 2 guys have written songs as good, but thats beside the point...

I see this as one of 2 things happenning

1. Chinese democracy comes out this year, and Robin leaves/fired . and a New guitarist is brought into the picture.
     could be Bucket, mabye slash even? hes now not in a band, who knows.

2. Robin is still in the band but chinese democracy doesnt come out this year, cause he will be touring for the whole tour,
remember, the dates that are listed at the moment are only US dates, and not the rest of the world, so kiss 08 goodbye
as far as I know....

1 step forward, 3 steps back, welcome to gnr ....
the band I love to hate

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #98 on: April 05, 2008, 04:00:11 AM »

appears that within the span of a week Velvet Revolver lost a singer and Guns N' Roses lost the lead guitar player

now both bands are vulnerable

now im not suggesting anything, just pointing out the facts....

this is interesting...

people leaving bands, people coming people going...

It would be a good time now for gnrs NEW management to step up to the plate and inform the fans

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #99 on: April 05, 2008, 04:03:00 AM »

appears that within the span of a week Velvet Revolver lost a singer and Guns N' Roses lost the lead guitar player

*yawns* please stop suggesting bullshit like this.  no interest in that shit happening at all, i don't even want to read it.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 237 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: