Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:16:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 492 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1548888 times)
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #40 on: May 03, 2012, 06:25:38 PM »

However, seeing that Richard said specifically that they were "hoping for" a fall release

Richard said HE was hoping they get the record out and to be on tour in the fall in the states. Wink

I think some optimism towards their efforts couldn't hurt.  yes

I'm definitely optimistic. Smiley

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Is he struggling?
Rocker

Why are you reading this?

« Reply #41 on: May 03, 2012, 06:27:49 PM »

So you wanna go on and on about this for over two months while the band is on tour over here in Europe?

Not the best timing to start this discussion in my opinion... Could've waited until August.

Tongue

/jarmo

Dj said they're not working on new songs until they finish the tour.  So there probably won't be anything new until then.

"It's a matter of sitting down with Axl," Ashba said. "He's got a pretty clear vision of where he wants to go, but we've been touring so much [we haven't been able to work on songs].

According to Richard, they were recording before the SA tour last fall & resumed working on tracks after the club tour wrapped in March. 

Yeah, but to Jarmo's point -- they're not going to be working on new material for the next couple of months. Wink

I agree that it's probably not a good idea to get our hopes up until we hear something definitive.  However, seeing that Richard said specifically that they were "hoping for" a fall release, I think some optimism towards their efforts couldn't hurt.  yes

My gut feeling is that unless most of the next record is in the can, it's probably best not to get our hopes up for a release  this year. Remember, recording and releasing G n'R albums has never been a quick process. J hope I'm wrong.

Moving on, didn't Brain say he was working on some remixes of CD material? Would be cool if it was released some day.

It's been too long since you've had your ass kicked properly!:

www.reverbnation.com/papersun
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #42 on: May 03, 2012, 06:28:11 PM »

I'm looking for a quote about "The General".

It's about Brain being part of writing the song, it might have described the song as well.. Anyone have this at hand?

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #43 on: May 03, 2012, 06:33:11 PM »

you should add sources (similar to wikipedia)!

example:

Tommy Stinson, April 30, 2012:

"Since getting back from the last few weeks of work I?ve been able to rev up the big rig and start recording some new rock. Photos, videos, and more updates to come!

Now I must start getting my shit together for the European GNR tour. I?ll be looking forward to working up some new long over due GNR rock soon. See y?all on the road!"

SOURCE: (insert link)
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #44 on: May 03, 2012, 06:35:50 PM »

It's about Brain being part of writing the song, it might have described the song as well.. Anyone have this at hand?

Not sure about an exact quote, but I know he's confirmed several times via email that he co-wrote The General.  Going by the intro music they used for the live shows, it songs like a slow, epic, track.  But all we have is the symphonic arrangements they use before the shows.  Who knows where the songs goes from there?

Keep in mind, Brain co-wrote Sorry, so you know it's gotta be good.  ok
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #45 on: May 03, 2012, 06:38:16 PM »

you should add sources (similar to wikipedia)!

example:

Tommy Stinson, April 30, 2012:

"Since getting back from the last few weeks of work I?ve been able to rev up the big rig and start recording some new rock. Photos, videos, and more updates to come!

Now I must start getting my shit together for the European GNR tour. I?ll be looking forward to working up some new long over due GNR rock soon. See y?all on the road!"

SOURCE: (insert link)

Don't you trust me?  hihi

I'll do that, I just have to find everything all over again. Haha!

Maybe I'll just do it for the interview quotes at the top.

Sweetness is a virtue
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #46 on: May 03, 2012, 06:39:54 PM »

Not sure about an exact quote, but I know he's confirmed several times via email that he co-wrote The General.  Going by the intro music they used for the live shows, it songs like a slow, epic, track.  But all we have is the symphonic arrangements they use before the shows.  Who knows where the songs goes from there?

Keep in mind, Brain co-wrote Sorry, so you know it's gotta be good.  ok

Might have been from an e-mail yes, could be hard to find.

I found the quote from Baz describing the song.

Sweetness is a virtue
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #47 on: May 03, 2012, 06:56:26 PM »

However, seeing that Richard said specifically that they were "hoping for" a fall release

Richard said HE was hoping they get the record out and to be on tour in the fall in the states. Wink

I think some optimism towards their efforts couldn't hurt.  yes

I'm definitely optimistic. Smiley

Richard said they recorded before the fall SA and NA tours.

Yeah and I was out with Thin Lizzy last summer. Then I came back and did three months with them in Europe, came straight back and I?ve been out with Guns since then. We went straight in to rehearsals and recording and down to South America for six weeks and then started in the US and we?ve been gone the whole time. So I just got home.

Ali
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #48 on: May 04, 2012, 03:46:38 AM »

didnt know that izzy worked with gnr in mid 90s. cool thread anyways ok

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
dyd
Headliner

« Reply #49 on: May 04, 2012, 09:36:26 AM »

Catcher in the Rye was not going to be on CD. It was only ever added because of the positive feedback to the leak.

I do not understand then how checkmate was not on chinese democracy  drool
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #50 on: May 04, 2012, 11:03:35 AM »

here's a pretty epic interview with dizwald. it's from january 2006 so some stuff are pretty irrelevant today but there's some cool stuff!

http://www.metalsludge.tv/home/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1152&Itemid=42

it's also formerly posted on this board

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=24979.0
stvyrayvhn
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #51 on: May 04, 2012, 12:08:41 PM »

Sebastian Bach heard it...
"One of my favorite songs ? I asked Axl if I could mention the song titles and he said "Fine" ? and one of my favorite songs is this song called "The General", which is so? it's by far the heaviest metal tune I think ive ever heard Axl do, this slow, grinding riff with these high, peircing vocals, screaming vocals. I was like, "When is this coming out?" And he said "2012" I was like, "Dude, you're killin' me!" He goes, "Well, this comes out on the third record. It relates to this song, it's a trilogy, this goes with this lyrically." He's got it all figured out, he's just different than other people."

http://www.metalinjection.net/latest-news/sebastian-bach-knows-axl-rose-better-than-you-do
Boromir
VIP

« Reply #52 on: May 04, 2012, 12:31:12 PM »

"One of my favorite songs ? I asked Axl if I could mention the song titles and he said "Fine" ? and one of my favorite songs is this song called "The General", which is so? it's by far the heaviest metal tune I think ive ever heard Axl do, this slow, grinding riff with these high, peircing vocals, screaming vocals. I was like, "When is this coming out?" And he said "2012" I was like, "Dude, you're killin' me!" He goes, "Well, this comes out on the third record. It relates to this song, it's a trilogy, this goes with this lyrically." He's got it all figured out, he's just different than other people."

http://www.metalinjection.net/latest-news/sebastian-bach-knows-axl-rose-better-than-you-do

So we're expecting the third record this year  hihi

Keep Calm and Listen to Guns N' Roses!
stvyrayvhn
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #53 on: May 04, 2012, 01:02:02 PM »

So we're expecting the third record this year  hihi

Yeah well I think it's been pretty well documented here that CD came out later than expected...   peace
IKnowWhereIAM
VIP

Out of the shadows, into...Hell?

« Reply #54 on: May 04, 2012, 01:48:18 PM »

Thank Christ we have a rumor and speculation thread finally!!!  rofl

All in good time my friends...unless you just got on this train, you should be well aware that there is no schedule, and it will 'arrive' when it gets there.

"I have no comment, for the record, but don't quote me on that"
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #55 on: May 04, 2012, 01:55:46 PM »

The General?

Hope so, they've already teased us with it.  hihi

Not very recently though....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #56 on: May 04, 2012, 02:29:35 PM »

I just want to clarify something about The General...

Chris told me in an email in 2008 that the 2006 intro music was indeed The General, after messaging him via myspace. But in 2010, GN'R started using another intro, but it was very similar to the 2006 one, (orchestral jaws type of music). So I'm guessing that this is still The General, but played from a different point in the song.

So the 2006 and 2010 intro music are both The General right?, but played from different points in the instrumental.
Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #57 on: May 04, 2012, 03:32:55 PM »

This is a great thread, and I am really hopeful to at least hear new music this year.

Whether that be live or an album I have a really good feeling.

And I am so freakin excited!!

Geez I love this band  beer

‘Get busy livin’, or get busy dyin’
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #58 on: May 04, 2012, 05:15:17 PM »

Thanks, I've added the quote. I just can't seem the quotes from Brain about writing it, though I know I've read it.

The General?

Hope so, they've already teased us with it.  hihi

Not very recently though....

/jarmo

That's true.

With this tour coming up though, there tends to be a lot more interviews with the band members, so if a record is the main focus right now we might get some new info in the coming months at least.

I just want to clarify something about The General...

Chris told me in an email in 2008 that the 2006 intro music was indeed The General, after messaging him via myspace. But in 2010, GN'R started using another intro, but it was very similar to the 2006 one, (orchestral jaws type of music). So I'm guessing that this is still The General, but played from a different point in the song.

So the 2006 and 2010 intro music are both The General right?, but played from different points in the instrumental.

Been a long time since I've heard the 2010 intro, but I'm sure it had a lot of the same elements as the 2006 one. Some things were slightly different, but it was clearly from the same piece.

here's a pretty epic interview with dizwald. it's from january 2006 so some stuff are pretty irrelevant today but there's some cool stuff!

http://www.metalsludge.tv/home/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1152&Itemid=42

it's also formerly posted on this board

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=24979.0

Awesome interview! I hadn't read that one.

Sweetness is a virtue
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #59 on: May 04, 2012, 05:48:51 PM »

Thanks, I've added the quote. I just can't seem the quotes from Brain about writing it, though I know I've read it.

Why don't you just email and ask Brain about the song  ok
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 492 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: