Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 01:14:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227669 Posts in 43239 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 435 436 [437] 438 439 ... 492 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1546520 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #8720 on: July 14, 2021, 08:35:41 AM »

Basically, what you want is compromise and doing what others want. Instead of doing what you want, when you want it and how you want it.

Has Axl ever come across as that person to you?

There's a difference between doing things and keeping your integrity, and not wanting to do things at all.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #8721 on: July 14, 2021, 09:18:13 AM »

I really want lots of new GnR songs. And i want it as soon as possible. At the same time i am sure Axl and GnR wants to give me that, but they dont want to give me that just by the case of it. They want to give me new songs, when the art is complete, and the time is right. Complaining and make up theories on why it hasnt been released yet, is not constructive, and it wont give us the music earlier.

I dont buy the:
- Axl dont want to release it
- Axl dont care about his fans.

Its the other way around. I think Axl and GnR wants to give the fans the best GnR can offer.

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #8722 on: July 14, 2021, 10:32:28 AM »

Its the other way around. I think Axl and GnR wants to give the fans the best GnR can offer.

That's basically the essence of what I think as well.

Some hate this, but I think the reality is that they don't want to release things just for the sake of releasing something.

It's a luxury to have to be able to decide when it's ready, instead of being told it is. Once again, some people hate that as well.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #8723 on: July 14, 2021, 12:11:28 PM »

Basically, what you want is compromise and doing what others want. Instead of doing what you want, when you want it and how you want it.

There's a difference between doing things and keeping your integrity, and not wanting to do things at all.

/jarmo

I think this is the heart of the issue... Axl's view of what's "worthy" of release. Slash for example has released It's Five O'Clock Somewhere, Aint Life Grand, Contraband, Libertad, Slash, Apocolyptic Love, World On Fire, and Living the Dream... in the time that Axl has released one album and one track for a sound track. While I get that a lot of that is filler, Contraband outsold Chinese Democracy ~2:1 and is fairly comparable as it pits Axl and replacements vs Slash, Duff, Matt and 2 replacements.

His "quality control" didn't exactly knock it out of the park with CD. He labored over his "Sgt. Pepper/White Album", what is so hard about just releasing music this time around. This is what I was hoping Slash and Duff could help him with that "hired hands" couldn't during the CD era.
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #8724 on: July 14, 2021, 12:48:21 PM »

/jarmo

I think this is the heart of the issue... Axl's view of what's "worthy" of release. Slash for example has released It's Five O'Clock Somewhere, Aint Life Grand, Contraband, Libertad, Slash, Apocolyptic Love, World On Fire, and Living the Dream... in the time that Axl has released one album and one track for a sound track. While I get that a lot of that is filler, Contraband outsold Chinese Democracy ~2:1 and is fairly comparable as it pits Axl and replacements vs Slash, Duff, Matt and 2 replacements.

His "quality control" didn't exactly knock it out of the park with CD. He labored over his "Sgt. Pepper/White Album", what is so hard about just releasing music this time around. This is what I was hoping Slash and Duff could help him with that "hired hands" couldn't during the CD era.

I dont buy that... at all. You cant compare it. Axl has decided to make music under the name Guns N Roses. Slash and Duff have made lots of good records but under different bands, as solo projects etc. Axl has decided not to do that. Totally different things.

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #8725 on: July 14, 2021, 01:59:14 PM »

At the end of the day whilst there is no music and, more importantly, no sign of new music being on the horizon it’s natural that fans are going to speculate on the whys and wherefores. I just hope it comes out whilst I can still enjoy it. Whilst punctuality may be the thief of time, time certainly waits for no man  ok
« Last Edit: July 14, 2021, 02:00:49 PM by The_General » Logged

‘Get busy livin’, or get busy dyin’
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #8726 on: July 14, 2021, 03:11:11 PM »

Slash releasing music under his own name gets compared to GN'R, but it's not GN'R.

It's like any solo project, the people doing them have less "pressure" and maybe more freedoms that in their bands. They don't necessarily have to live up to people's expectations on what it should sound like.

Chinese Democracy was a GN'R album, but some thought it wasn't because it didn't fit their idea of what a GN'R album should be.

/jarmo

rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #8727 on: July 14, 2021, 03:34:33 PM »

Keep drinking the koolaid beer

Rizzo160
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #8728 on: July 14, 2021, 03:38:30 PM »

Keep drinking the koolaid beer

Sure

You keep whining about shit you can't control.  beer

/jarmo

rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #8729 on: July 14, 2021, 06:54:58 PM »

You make a million excuses of why GNR don't put out an album. I point out the BS you spew.  I tell it like it is. Hopefully we get a new album but I wouldn't hold my breath. beer

Rizzo160
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #8730 on: July 14, 2021, 06:57:57 PM »

Good for you!

When I say: Axl and GN'R do things their way, deal with it. I'm not telling it like it is. LOL!

/jarmo

cineater
Legend

« Reply #8731 on: July 14, 2021, 07:43:35 PM »

Slash releasing music under his own name gets compared to GN'R, but it's not GN'R.

It's like any solo project, the people doing them have less "pressure" and maybe more freedoms that in their bands. They don't necessarily have to live up to people's expectations on what it should sound like.

Chinese Democracy was a GN'R album, but some thought it wasn't because it didn't fit their idea of what a GN'R album should be.

/jarmo

My only expectation from GNR is they come out fighting.  Don't know what they expect from themselves.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #8732 on: July 14, 2021, 08:28:14 PM »

Agree to disagree beer

Rizzo160
rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #8733 on: July 14, 2021, 09:07:07 PM »

Back on topic, who thinks a new album is imminent or not until next year.  Personally I am not too optimistic for a release this year in that there has been zero talk about a new album.  Maddening yes but hopefully I am wrong and am pleasantly surprised. beer

Rizzo160
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #8734 on: July 14, 2021, 09:44:39 PM »

Talk -> Not good, they just talk and don't release anything.
No talk -> Not good, there's no talk so there can't be any new music coming.

/jarmo

C0ma
Legend

« Reply #8735 on: July 14, 2021, 10:21:33 PM »

/jarmo

I dont buy that... at all. You cant compare it. Axl has decided to make music under the name Guns N Roses. Slash and Duff have made lots of good records but under different bands, as solo projects etc. Axl has decided not to do that. Totally different things.

Except you can compare it... the public doesn't view Axl vs. Slash and ownership of the name with the same lens we do. Slash is MUCH more successful post Illusions than Axl is with "the name". Contraband with the name GNR might have sold better than it did with the name Velvet Revolver but it was always viewed as the GnR guys...and Contraband sold better than CD. One was over thought and the other wasn't, and that is my whole point if Slash and Duff could get Axl to just release music without over thinking and over complicating it, it would be wildly successful, if Axl waits another decade or two remixing Pet Sounds in a sandbox, then it will fail.

The skill and talent is there... why waste it.
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #8736 on: July 15, 2021, 07:52:18 AM »

I think what puzzles most people the most (me included) is not really that the new album is not ready (this is obvious, it's not been released...), it has more to do with why (is not ready).

We've all been down this road before. As GNR fans, we are very well aware that they do things differently than most bands and I think most of us, have learnt to accept and live by the motto "Don't expect it and you won't be disappointed".

I'm one of the oldest fans here, I will be 46 in a few months. Been a fan since 1989. So I know what it means to be a fan of this band. GNR has released 4.5 albums (I consider GNR Lies to be half an album) worth of original material in 36 years. One album per every 8-9 years.  This is a fact.

They are obviously not your most prolific band. This is an undeniable fact as well.

Now the next question that arises is...why? At least, it's the most interesting question to me. Why does this band take an average of 9 years to release a new album (original songs)?

Potential reasons:

Constant line-up changes
Creative differences
Leaked songs
Multiple Managers who were not really interested in "helping the band"
Feuds with record companies
Reunion tours
Pandemics
Law suits against or from former members, wives, girlfriends, record companies, State Government, etc
Publishing rights
etc.

All of those reasons are well known by most of us who visit these boards. Again, we've come to realize this band is different than all the rest. That's ok, but why is it so hard to admit that maybe one of the reasons why this band takes so long between albums could also be something else...

Yes, I know Axl will not release anything that he's not fully satisfied with, but could laziness have gotten in the way? or maybe procrastination? or a writer's block? or fear? In my eyes those could be valid points too.

Fuck, I write for a living as well (Thanx God not in English) and I'm afraid every time I face a blank page. I've gone through writer's block, fear, procrastination...I know how that feels and I'm not nearly as gifted as Axl Rose nor I have the pressure of being the main lyricist in one of the most successful rock bands in the history...

I get that.

But I know what fear, procrastination and lack of desire feels like...and I've purposely delayed projects, etc. simply cause I just didn't really feel like writing. Did I blame myself for the delay? No, There's always external factors to blame. It's really hard to blame things on us, but my personal situations (fear, writer's block, laziness) are just as responsible for my constant delays as external situations I may have encountered over the past 15 years.

What I'm trying to say is, some external factors may have played a huge rol in the constant delaying of new music being released, and that's undeniable, but every other band out there (and artists, whether is big or small) may have dealt with similar or worse external factors than GNR, and that has not stopped them from releasing new music (art), and if other bands seem to find a way to navigate through the storm/s. Why GNR can't?

We have a new tour kicking off soon. Can't wait to see the new stage, set list, Axl, Slash, Duff...it's exciting to be a GNR fan when we are a just a few weeks away from a new tour. What's going to happen? Which songs will be played? Will the stage be different? How fit or unfit will the guys look?

But the question most of us around here will be asking ourselves is "Will new music be performed?"

I do hope some new music will be performed. If it doesn't, honestly I will be disappointed, can't help it. I won't rant, I won't be a hater, but it is what it is.  I will definitely enjoy the videos on YouTube when they come out and most likely attend their show when they come to Europe next year but until then, I do hope that one day, GNR (with Axl, Slash and Duff) release or perform new music again.

« Last Edit: July 15, 2021, 08:09:46 AM by Ignatius » Logged
Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #8737 on: July 15, 2021, 08:02:42 AM »

There’s a rumour circulating amongst those allegedly ‘in the know’ that the albums been done for a while now (c.18 months). Would this really be so hard to believe? After all, Axl himself said what he considers to be the second half of Chinese has already been recorded. With the proficiency and work ethic of Slash and Duff, I can’t see that it would’ve taken them long to do their overdubs after the reunion in 2016.

Which begs the question, what is the hold up? Is it negotiations with the record company as I have previously suggested? Has to be a possibility  Undecided

‘Get busy livin’, or get busy dyin’
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #8738 on: July 15, 2021, 12:33:11 PM »

I can think of one ongoing thing that could've forced plans to be changed..... A thing that made the whole entertainment industry basically stop.

Not saying that's a reason, because people know better than me. I'm just making excuses after all.....

And the fact that 2020 was a year most of us just want to forget, doesn't matter.... After all, there is no reason why the album should've have been out before it was done. Right? Cheesy

/jarmo

rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #8739 on: July 15, 2021, 02:55:48 PM »

You are correct the pandemic put GNRs plans on hold. It is a new year and it is time to release a new album. beer

Rizzo160
Pages: 1 ... 435 436 [437] 438 439 ... 492 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: