Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 03:37:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227669 Posts in 43239 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  The Biden administration (was: The NEW 2020 Election Thread)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 118 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Biden administration (was: The NEW 2020 Election Thread)  (Read 209700 times)
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« on: April 27, 2020, 07:33:20 PM »

Maybe we need to change the title of the topic or create a new thread for the 2020 election?  It is no longer just about Donald Trump or the 2016 election.

Yes, u think that's a good idea. I've thought about mentioning it a number of times.

We finally get members from both sides of the HTGTH political aisle to agree on something and neither one did anything to get it done. Wink

Edit: Changed subject. /jarmo

« Last Edit: January 20, 2021, 10:46:28 AM by jarmo » Logged

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
cineater
Legend

« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2020, 11:29:46 PM »

Noooo, it's been so nice with politics turned off during the pandemic.  No commercials, no phone calls, no junk mail.  I do not want to go back to that.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2020, 08:54:22 AM »

Maybe we need to change the title of the topic or create a new thread for the 2020 election?  It is no longer just about Donald Trump or the 2016 election.

Yes, u think that's a good idea. I've thought about mentioning it a number of times.

We finally get members from both sides of the HTGTH political aisle to agree on something and neither one did anything to get it done. Wink

I figured if I was the one to start a new thread no one that had an opposing view would post it it out of spite! Glad you did it  ok

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2020, 09:18:46 AM »

Maybe we need to change the title of the topic or create a new thread for the 2020 election?  It is no longer just about Donald Trump or the 2016 election.

I figured if I was the one to start a new thread no one that had an opposing view would post it it out of spite! Glad you did it  ok

I would hope that wouldn't be the case.
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2020, 11:20:48 AM »

Any man who has taken his username from Animal House needs to be treated with more respect than that!
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2020, 03:21:40 PM »

Quote from: Sandman
so you believe Libertarians want ZERO government influence on the economy?  wrong again!

and I don't know any anarchists.

huge difference between small government and no government.

Then you obviously don't know anything about Libertarianism. There is a range of views on state power among Libertarians from minimal to zero. Modern American Libertarianism was literally started by Anarcho-Capitalist Murray Rothbard. Wrong again!  rofl

So, because you don't personally know any anarchists, they don't exist? Never stop amusing me. Roll Eyes

Bernie Bros are getting a lot of crap in the press these days. Some are even saying they won't vote for Biden.

they are a unique group who like to aggressively attack people who disagree with them on social media, but I do feel bad for them - they had the primary stolen from them in 2016, essentially had it stolen from them again in 2020, and now the winning candidate they are expected to vote for looks like he has dementia. gotta be a tough position to be in.

Now this is rich, coming from a supporter of the aggressive attacker in chief, whose supporters have engaged in real world violence on countless occasions, one even sending pipe bombs to Obama, Clinton and others.

watching Biden struggle to complete a sentence and make a coherent thought every other day is almost not even be funny anymore.

the DNC has to do something.

Watching Trump struggle to complete a sentence and make a coherent thought every other day is almost not even funny anymore.

The GOP has to do something.

I absolutely believe the media influences elections.

... unless we're talking about Russian media influencing the 2016 election, am I right? Lips Sealed

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2020, 08:47:39 PM »

This may help explain what the Libertarian Party believes in -https://www.lp.org/platform/

I agree with the majority of their platform with some exceptions. I wish they could have more of a say in how this country is governed,  but they have some work to do as a party to be taken more seriously. Also the Democrat and Republican parties really don't want a viable 3rd choice as that would cut into their control of US politics and they will move the goalposts as they see fit to keep them shut out of the process.

Last election cycle I was really interested in what Gary Johnson had to offer , but he went off the rails after the Aleppo incident & never really recovered.  

« Last Edit: April 28, 2020, 08:55:24 PM by Senator Blutarsky » Logged

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
cineater
Legend

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2020, 09:58:31 PM »

You know, one side or the other has been fighting for control long before Trump came along.  My belief is people are sick of the sides game and that's how a guy like Trump got elected.  They worked together on the covid problem, good or bad choices, they took action.  I'm unwilling to listen to any more of the this side or that side in politics, fucking work together or vote them out of office.  Lets get a team in there working for the people, not the party.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2020, 01:19:10 AM »

You know, one side or the other has been fighting for control long before Trump came along.  My belief is people are sick of the sides game and that's how a guy like Trump got elected.  They worked together on the covid problem, good or bad choices, they took action.  I'm unwilling to listen to any more of the this side or that side in politics, fucking work together or vote them out of office.  Lets get a team in there working for the people, not the party.
Yes, covid-19 has shown they are perfectly capable of working together. Unfortunately we still have asshats like McConnell saying blue states should just file for bankruptcy Which is not even legally possible. If it were can you just imagine the magnitude of the world economy collapse if you let states like New York and California collapse?

The two parties working together has been an issue for a very long time unfortunately. However, it seemed to have gotten exponentially worse with the advent of the tea party.
sandman
Legend

« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2020, 07:18:54 AM »

so you believe Libertarians want ZERO government influence on the economy?  wrong again!

and I don't know any anarchists.

huge difference between small government and no government.

Then you obviously don't know anything about Libertarianism. There is a range of views on state power among Libertarians from minimal to zero. Modern American Libertarianism was literally started by Anarcho-Capitalist Murray Rothbard. Wrong again!  rofl

So, because you don't personally know any anarchists, they don't exist? Never stop amusing me. Roll Eyes

Bernie Bros are getting a lot of crap in the press these days. Some are even saying they won't vote for Biden.

they are a unique group who like to aggressively attack people who disagree with them on social media, but I do feel bad for them - they had the primary stolen from them in 2016, essentially had it stolen from them again in 2020, and now the winning candidate they are expected to vote for looks like he has dementia. gotta be a tough position to be in.

Now this is rich, coming from a supporter of the aggressive attacker in chief, whose supporters have engaged in real world violence on countless occasions, one even sending pipe bombs to Obama, Clinton and others.

watching Biden struggle to complete a sentence and make a coherent thought every other day is almost not even be funny anymore.

the DNC has to do something.

Watching Trump struggle to complete a sentence and make a coherent thought every other day is almost not even funny anymore.

The GOP has to do something.

I absolutely believe the media influences elections.

... unless we're talking about Russian media influencing the 2016 election, am I right? Lips Sealed

just copy and paste your Wiki search if you are going to reference it and act like you are educated.

as for anarchists, you are twisting my words around. never said or implied that they don't exist. obviously, they do. again, you can find people who believe almost anything in a country of over 300M.

there are lunatics who support all political figures on both sides. sadly, the majority of those people have been brainwashed into thinking their side is "right" or "good." you have Bernie bros on the left, like the staffer that called for extreme violence a couple months ago, and some crazies on the right. reasonable people condemn all loonies, regardless what side they are on.

since Bernie is toast, we should probably move any discussion of him to somewhere other than the 2020 election thread.

on topic, Bernie Bros have a lot of soul-searching to do. they are struggling to decide if they will totally sell out and vote for the prototypical establishment candidate, who is senile and controlled by billionaires, and puts his hands on women and children inappropriately.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
sandman
Legend

« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2020, 07:24:56 AM »

excellent campaign ad with Nancy Pelosi's endorsement:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0WqymcE3BU

sandman
Legend

« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2020, 08:00:16 AM »

Wow! CNN finally reporting on Biden's accuser. https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/28/politics/tara-reade-neighbor/index.html

Rapey Joe has done countless interviews recently and not one "journalist" asked him about it. shocker! Can you imagine how scared his handlers are at the thought of him trying to respond to a question about this?

Tara Reade's ex-neighbor says Reade told her about Joe Biden sexual assault allegation in the 1990s
By MJ Lee, CNN Political Correspondent

(CNN) — A former neighbor of Tara Reade, a woman who has accused Joe Biden of sexual assault, has come forward to say that Reade told her about the alleged assault in the mid-1990s. The account, purportedly told to the neighbor within a few years of the alleged incident, marks the first detailed and on-the-record corroboration of Reade's allegation against the presumptive Democratic nominee for president.

Lynda LaCasse told CNN in a phone interview Monday that she remembers stepping out of her two-bedroom home in Morro Bay, California, to sneak in a cigarette break away from her children. It was 1995, perhaps even early 1996, based on her recollection. LaCasse said she often sat outside on her stoop smoking Virginia Slims, and that on this particular day, she cried as she discussed with Reade a custody battle for her kids.

Reade began to cry too, LaCasse said.

"She started talking about Joe Biden. And I didn't really know much about Joe Biden," she said. LaCasse said that Reade told her that when she was working in Washington some years prior, Biden "had pushed her up against a wall and he put his hand up her skirt and he put his fingers inside of her, and she was dealing with the aftermath of that."

Business Insider first reported on LaCasse and her recollection of this conversation with Reade.

The Biden campaign has denied Reade's allegation that Biden sexually assaulted her in 1993 when she was an aide in his Senate office. Asked for comment about LaCasse's account, the Biden campaign referred to a statement previously released by deputy campaign manager Kate Bedingfield.

"Vice President Biden has dedicated his public life to changing the culture and the laws around violence against women. He authored and fought for the passage and reauthorization of the landmark Violence Against Women Act. He firmly believes that women have a right to be heard -- and heard respectfully," Bedingfield said. "Such claims should also be diligently reviewed by an independent press. What is clear about this claim: it is untrue. This absolutely did not happen."

The allegation comes as Biden is preparing to take on President Donald Trump in the general election. More than a dozen women have leveled allegations against Trump, ranging from unwelcome advances to sexual harassment and assault. Trump has denied those allegations.

Democrats grapple with questions about Tara Reade's sexual assault allegation against Joe Biden

Related Article: Democrats grapple with questions about Tara Reade's sexual assault allegation against Joe Biden

For some of Biden's supporters and surrogates, questions related to Reade's allegation have presented a challenging balancing act -- of expressing support for Biden's candidacy and character while not dismissing a sexual assault allegation. Democrats in particular have vocally championed the #MeToo movement in recent years, advocating that all accusers to be fully heard and recognized. And gender dynamics are expected remain at the forefront of the 2020 race, as Biden begins his search for a female running mate. Some of the women widely expected to be on Biden's shortlist of vice presidential nominees, including Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer and Minnesota Sen. Amy Klobuchar, have recently been asked about the allegation; Biden's allies have pointed to his decades-long advocacy for women and victims of abuse, including his work on the Violence Against Women Act.

LaCasse told CNN that in her conversation with Reade in the 1990s, she suggested that Reade file a police report. Reade responded that she had already had a conversation with her own mother about this topic. LaCasse said that she didn't clearly remember other details of this exchange. For example, she said she might have referred Reade to a women's shelter at the time, but said she wasn't sure if she had.

"But remembering somebody putting their hands up your skirt -- that's something you don't forget," LaCasse said.

But it was something she had forgotten -- or at least, put out of her mind for years, LaCasse said. After the mid-1990s, she said she and Reade were not in touch, and it was only a few years ago that they reconnected around the time that Reade's mother died. And according to LaCasse, it was last year when Reade brought up Biden that LaCasse told her that she remembered their conversation about the alleged sexual assault.

More recently, after Reade appeared on a podcast and went public with her allegation of sexual assault, LaCasse said she let her ex-neighbor and friend know that she would be willing to publicly say that Reade had confided in her years ago.

CNN verified through public records searches, photos and an examination of Reade's past government identification that LaCasse and Reade were once neighbors.

Now 60 years old, LaCasse describes herself as "very anti-Trump" and a "very strong Democrat" with "strong political leanings." She liked Massachusetts Sen. Elizabeth Warren the most during the Democratic primaries, she said, and in the general election, she plans to vote for Biden, whom she said she always viewed as an "OK guy."

"I don't know that I have any choice," she said about her plan to vote for Biden in November. "I'm not going to vote for Trump."

An unnamed friend corroborates the 1993 allegation

Reade previously told CNN that in 1993, when she was working as an aide in Biden's Senate office, she was asked to deliver a duffel bag to the then-Delaware senator. In a corridor somewhere in the Capitol Hill complex, Reade said Biden "had me up against the wall; he used his knee to spread open my legs," and "put his fingers inside me."

Reade said when she pulled away, Biden said to her, "Come on, man. I heard -- I thought you liked me." Biden then looked angry, according to Reade, and said, "You are nothing to me. You are nothing." She said that Biden eventually took her by the shoulders and said words to the effect of, "You're OK. You're fine," before walking away.

Reade has told CNN that among the people she told about the alleged assault at the time included her mother, brother and a close friend.

CNN interviewed the friend for the first time over the weekend. She asked to remain anonymous in order to protect her privacy.

The friend told CNN that she and Reade became close in the early 1990s when she spent multiple semesters interning in Washington, DC, to receive college credits. One of her internships was with the late-Sen. Ted Kennedy.

According to the friend, Reade told her on multiple occasions while she was working in Biden's Senate office about physical interactions with the then-senator that had made her feel uncomfortable. She said she encouraged Reade to raise the problem with her bosses. Reade told her she did several times but that "nothing changed," according to the friend. A longtime executive assistant to Biden when he was a US senator has said she did not receive complaints from Reade or anyone else.

Then, in 1993, when the friend was back in school, she received a phone call from Reade. Reade told her in detail that she had been sexually assaulted by Biden on Capitol Hill. The friend said she believes Reade called her within days of the alleged assault.

The friend said she advised Reade against filing a police report at the time.

Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2020, 10:47:11 AM »

Biden needs to be held to the same standard as Brett Kavanaugh. The double standard is glaring.

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2020, 01:17:44 PM »

Trump is the standard.

Whatever he's allowed to do, shouldn't the other candidate be allowed to do the same?  Huh

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2020, 05:07:18 PM »

How could Biden not see this coming and be ready to counter if not true?

Then again at this point he can't see a bird landing on his forehead and shitting on his nose
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2020, 01:11:21 AM »

Trump is the standard.

Whatever he's allowed to do, shouldn't the other candidate be allowed to do the same?  Huh

/jarmo

Welcome to the hypocrisy. Biden is accused by one woman and he's immediately labeled as a rapist without any due process. It is your guilty period end of story. Trump has 19 accusers to date nada from anyone on the right. ALL accusations should be investigated equally, The accusers need to be able to tell their story. The accused also should be afforded innocent until proven guilty and get their day in court if investigation gets to that point. Both sides are guilty of this too. See Brett Kavanaugh. Biden and Trump very well could be guilty but labeling either a rapist without an investigation on any allegations is dangerous. We are not North Korea or other dictatorship. This is not how our justice system is supposed to work.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2020, 01:11:54 AM »

Then again at this point he can't see a bird landing on his forehead and shitting on his nose

He is going to address the allegations tomorrow on Morning Joe.
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2020, 08:19:41 AM »

He is going to address the allegations tomorrow on Morning Joe.

Biden said it never happened.

Why did he let this story build and build for 2 weeks and only now he comes out a d says it didn't happen? Way to get ahead of it Joe  ok

He should do a live press conference with unscripted questions. Like Trump does every day under the Coronavirus task force moniker. Trump should not be at every one of those but that's another story.....

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2020, 08:31:01 AM »

Why did he let this story build and build for 2 weeks and only now he comes out a d says it didn't happen? Way to get ahead of it Joe  ok

Yeah. I'm assuming that you mean he should've paid her to be quiet already. Isn't that how it's supposed be done? That's the standard right?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2020, 08:42:43 AM »

Yeah. I'm assuming that you mean he should've paid her to be quiet already. Isn't that how it's supposed be done? That's the standard right?

/jarmo

For sake of argument lets say there is one murderer who killed 7 people and another one that killed 2. Just because the guy that killed 7 doesn't mean the guy that killed 2 gets a pass.

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 118 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: