Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:54:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  The Biden administration (was: The NEW 2020 Election Thread)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 118 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Biden administration (was: The NEW 2020 Election Thread)  (Read 211181 times)
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #60 on: May 13, 2020, 06:15:06 PM »

I'm not seeing that happening, Biden wont suddenly be back to the mental shape he was as VP. 4 years older, in his late 70's he is clearly declining with age. He just doesn't have it anymore and he is looking to get hired for the most demanding job in the world.

The irony of this coming from a Trump voter......    rofl rofl rofl hihi hihi hihi

Given who you voted for, your bar for "the most demanding job in the world" is so exceedingly low, your opinion on Biden is pretty much moot.

Also....prove he is in mental decline and not just dealing with his long standing stutter.  

Wasn't there a whole thread in here not so long ago about "diagnosing" someone without examining them?  Never mind without a whit of medical knowledge or history to support it.

Great job continuing to recite those Fox talking points!!

You dont need a medical doctor to determine Joe isn't as sharp as he once was. Watch his interviews from the past few months compared to 4 years ago, there is a marked difference. This is my observation.  

You do, in fact, need a medical degree to diagnose recuced/declining mental capacity, dementia, or whatever other diagnosis you want to offer, here.

So, to sum up, all you have is your own biased observations based on nothing. Thats what i thought.

Given who you voted for....that opinion has zero credibility. There is certainly as much, if not more, evidence of Trumps supposed mental and personality disorders than there is of Bidens supposed issues. And you voted for him. So....this is all just an excuse....and perpetuation of conservative talking points.

So spare everyone the armchair neurologist schtick. Its not credible, and its poorly founded. And If you object to the same sort of "diagnosing" of Trump, its also hypocritical.

Still amazes me the reactions you have over someone on a message board who has a different opinion than your own.  Note that I have never told you that your opinion has no meaning. 

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #61 on: May 13, 2020, 06:26:35 PM »

I'm not seeing that happening, Biden wont suddenly be back to the mental shape he was as VP. 4 years older, in his late 70's he is clearly declining with age. He just doesn't have it anymore and he is looking to get hired for the most demanding job in the world.

The irony of this coming from a Trump voter......    rofl rofl rofl hihi hihi hihi

Given who you voted for, your bar for "the most demanding job in the world" is so exceedingly low, your opinion on Biden is pretty much moot.

Also....prove he is in mental decline and not just dealing with his long standing stutter.  

Wasn't there a whole thread in here not so long ago about "diagnosing" someone without examining them?  Never mind without a whit of medical knowledge or history to support it.

You dont need a medical doctor to determine Joe isn't as sharp as he once was. Watch his interviews from the past few months compared to 4 years ago, there is a marked difference. This is my observation.  

You do, in fact, need a medical degree to diagnose recuced/declining mental capacity, dementia, or whatever other diagnosis you want to offer, here.

So, to sum up, all you have is your own biased observations based on nothing. Thats what i thought.

Given who you voted for....that opinion has zero credibility. There is certainly as much, if not more, evidence of Trumps supposed mental and personality disorders than there is of Bidens supposed issues. And you voted for him. So....this is all just an excuse....and perpetuation of conservative talking points.

So spare everyone the armchair neurologist schtick. Its not credible, and its poorly founded. And If you object to the same sort of "diagnosing" of Trump, its also hypocritical.

Still amazes me the reactions you have over someone on a message board who has a different opinion than your own.  Note that I have never told you that your opinion has no meaning.  

Ahh, victimhood.....never a good look. If we are not here to post our reactions.....what IS the point of a discussion board? Sorry that you cant get validation for saying ill advised things on the internet.

What amazes me is people who have zero medical knowledge who think they can diagnose  someones mental capacity without ever having met them, having no knowledge or experience with that persons medical history, and who dont feel at all bad about it. Its a terrible practice, no matter who its applied to (including Trump).

Its not about a different opinion. Its about pointing out hypocrisy, an irresponsible opinion based on zero knowledge, experience, or evidence, and borderline libel/slander. And when asked for proof, getting......nothing.

Dont like it? Tough.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2020, 06:30:55 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #62 on: May 13, 2020, 08:33:44 PM »

Regarding the presumptive Democratic nominee......

Either there is mental slippage here or he got caught lying:
Biden Admits He Was Briefed On Flynn Investigation After Claiming “I Knew Nothing” https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIaqV0CtOBY

Also for someone who claims he was briefed on the situation,  he was more involved than he is admitting ( or remembers) as  Biden was one of the people who requested ‘Unmasking’  Michael Flynn per the just released declassified documents by Acting DNI Grenell.

So Biden in the last 2 weeks of his tenure as VP used his position to go after an incoming  national security advisor of the  President elect. Why? We will see more of this unfold in the coming weeks. Lots of moving parts to this story including the role the FBI under Comey played in this. 

« Last Edit: May 13, 2020, 08:36:27 PM by Senator Blutarsky » Logged

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #63 on: May 14, 2020, 07:07:42 AM »

Regarding the presumptive Democratic nominee......

Either there is mental slippage here or he got caught lying:
Biden Admits He Was Briefed On Flynn Investigation After Claiming “I Knew Nothing” https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIaqV0CtOBY

Also for someone who claims he was briefed on the situation,  he was more involved than he is admitting ( or remembers) as  Biden was one of the people who requested ‘Unmasking’  Michael Flynn per the just released declassified documents by Acting DNI Grenell.

So Biden in the last 2 weeks of his tenure as VP used his position to go after an incoming  national security advisor of the  President elect. Why? We will see more of this unfold in the coming weeks. Lots of moving parts to this story including the role the FBI under Comey played in this.  

Did you watch the entire interview?  And not just the youtube cut up by "GOP War Room"?

He explained what he meant in the interview.

He was briefed on the fact that Flynn had lied about Kisliak and the FBI wanted to investigate. This was largely framed in terms of Flynns security clearance.  

Remember, Obama had ALREADY WARNED TRUMP about Flynn (back in December)...just without specifics because they didn't have them yet.

Biden got no further information about the investigations into the matter, or the prosecutorial process...and left office about 8 to 10 days after the briefing.  He knew no specific details about the investigation except there was one.

“I was aware that there was—that they asked for an investigation, but that’s all I know about it.”

If I said "I know nothing about the COVID-19 vaccine"...am I lying?

I mean, I generally know there is ongoing development of such a thing, but I don't know anything about it, really.  If someone, especially a journalist, asked me about such a vaccine, I would generally say "I know nothing about the COVID 19 vaccine."...because I don't.  I don't know anything that would be of any help, or add any context, to the subject.

Also, he didn't "go after" anyone.  He did not direct the FBI to do anything.  Everything in your "explanatory" paragraph is a gross misrepresentation of events....and, oddly enough, the exact misrepresentation being portrayed by Fox and the conservative media. The unmasking wasn't even related to the investigation, was reviewed by the NSA before compliance, and was found to meet their requirements.  Your portrayal, here, really demonstrates a lack of awareness and understanding of what unmasking is, how it's used, and where those names are actually "masked" and why.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2020, 07:46:26 AM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #64 on: May 14, 2020, 07:12:05 AM »

So what Biden did in the past needs to be investigated. What Trump did is his personal business. Did I understand the logic right regarding how this election will be?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #65 on: May 14, 2020, 07:37:44 AM »

So what Biden did in the past needs to be investigated. What Trump did is his personal business. Did I understand the logic right regarding how this election will be?

/jarmo

Yes.

Also, Biden saying he didn't know anything substantive about an investigation, but knowing one existed, is a sign of a massive conspiracy, a sign that Joe has dementia, and is a huge lie that shows he's unfit to be president.

Trump saying he didn't know anything about a payoff to Stormy Daniels, while evidence shows that he absolutely knew about the payoff, is a nothing burger.

Trump revealing, outright, classified information to Russian dignitaries is a big nothing burger.

Trump changing his tune 4+ times, over the course of about 60 days, when it comes to COVID-19 is a nothing burger.

Trump not having a real plan to deal with Covid 19 until early March....3 months after being advised it would potentially be an issue....and then scrambling to try to figure something out (poorly) is a nothing burger.

Trump pushing a drug that has now been shown to have little, if any, positive effect (and may have actually increased mortality) is a big nothing burger.

And so on, and so forth.

Trump can do no wrong. He still gets their vote!

But God help a man who struggles with a stutter and says he knows nothing about something he knows nothing about...other than that it exists.

I rarely quote the bible, but (Matthew 7:3):

"And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?"

Joe certainly has his issues.  But this isn't one of them.

« Last Edit: May 14, 2020, 07:43:34 AM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
sandman
Legend

« Reply #66 on: May 14, 2020, 08:20:38 AM »

Still amazes me the reactions you have over someone on a message board who has a different opinion than your own.  Note that I have never told you that your opinion has no meaning. 

the irony of someone from CT telling someone from FL that their opinion on a presidential candidate is moot.  Roll Eyes

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #67 on: May 14, 2020, 08:37:20 AM »

/jarmo

Yes.

Also, Biden saying he didn't know anything substantive about an investigation, but knowing one existed, is a sign of a massive conspiracy, a sign that Joe has dementia, and is a huge lie that shows he's unfit to be president.

Trump saying he didn't know anything about a payoff to Stormy Daniels, while evidence shows that he absolutely knew about the payoff, is a nothing burger.

Trump revealing, outright, classified information to Russian dignitaries is a big nothing burger.

Trump changing his tune 4+ times, over the course of about 60 days, when it comes to COVID-19 is a nothing burger.

Trump not having a real plan to deal with Covid 19 until early March....3 months after being advised it would potentially be an issue....and then scrambling to try to figure something out (poorly) is a nothing burger.

Trump pushing a drug that has now been shown to have little, if any, positive effect (and may have actually increased mortality) is a big nothing burger.

And so on, and so forth.

Trump can do no wrong. He still gets their vote!

But God help a man who struggles with a stutter and says he knows nothing about something he knows nothing about...other than that it exists.

I rarely quote the bible, but (Matthew 7:3):

"And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?"

Joe certainly has his issues.  But this isn't one of them.

We have had a few Trump investigations over the last couple of years you may remember.  But we shouldn't look into  Biden?

All the points you listed could have been lifted from any afternoon show on CNN or MSNBC,   I guess you could put Schiff on it , give him millions of dollars for a budget and clear his schedule for the next 15 years. 

I have never said that Trump can do no wrong. But I know how you like to tell people what they are thinking.

Nice touch quoting the bible. Really??? Are you Jim Comey?  hihi

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #68 on: May 14, 2020, 08:51:37 AM »

We have had a few Trump investigations over the last couple of years you may remember. 

Hello bottomless well!

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #69 on: May 14, 2020, 08:56:18 AM »

We have had a few Trump investigations over the last couple of years you may remember. 

Hello bottomless well!

/jarmo

You can be sure they are not going to leave him alone when he gets out of office.  I actually have no problem with investigations as long as they arent politically motivated. 

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #70 on: May 14, 2020, 09:15:13 AM »

You can be sure they are not going to leave him alone when he gets out of office.  I actually have no problem with investigations as long as they arent politically motivated. 

Of course not. The same guy who went on and on about Hillary and now about Obama.

/jarmo

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #71 on: May 14, 2020, 09:57:04 AM »

We have had a few Trump investigations over the last couple of years you may remember.  But we shouldn't look into  Biden?

Look into him FOR WHAT? For participating in a standard briefing?  For asking for additional information on a separate, and unrelated, intelligence briefing? There's no there "there".  There was more "there" for EVERY single Trump investigation.....which conservatives said were unfounded.  You can't have it both ways.

But, you pretty much say why you really want them in your first sentence: Political revenge.

Yeah, nothing hypocritical or biased about THAT.  

All the points you listed could have been lifted from any afternoon show on CNN or MSNBC,    

Actually, for the Biden explanation: They all came FROM THE ACTUAL, COMPLETE, INTERVIEW YOU REFERENCED (which you obviously didn't actually watch in it's entirety) and a follow up statement released by his campaign (that addressed the unmasking, which wasn't covered in the interview).

And, you know, when it comes to Trump...those are actual things he did.  Not things he MIGHT have done.  Things he did. In the public eye. In his own words.  You don't need interpretation or "reporting" on any of them. You can literally listen to his own words, in his own pressers/interviews (and those of his press secretary).  And not cut up versions of them...the ENTIRETY of them.

They are not regurgitated talking points and speculation, as the "Fox Crew" is want to do.  They are recountings of historical events, captured on video, of things Trump has said in his own words.  

I have never said that Trump can do no wrong. But I know how you like to tell people what they are thinking.

First of all, I was replying to jarmo, and didn't specifically refer to you at ALL.  It was an "overall trump supporter" observation.  And it was a BIT of hyperbole (but not much).

Second, in relation to your "the poster doth protest too much" response...and since you obviously took offense (which says something about you, at this point):

You don't have to.  You voted for him. Pretty sure you plan to vote for him again in November.

You spend thousands of words here defending him for MUCH more obvious, and much more impactful, actions that have MUCH more compelling evidence to support them (like his own recorded, uncut, words).

You don't seem to want to hold the guy YOU voted for accountable for ANYTHING. You rarely criticize him and, when you do, it's of the "Trump says stupid stuff sometimes" variety...which really isn't criticism. It's rationalizing away the valid criticism. In actuality, it seems that almost everything is rationalized away the instant it comes up, without solid BASIS or merit for that rationalization. And when asked for proof...we get crickets, mostly. His own words damn him, but get ignored. And yet, you seem to want accountability (and revenge) for/on the opposing candidate.  No double standard there for the "biggest job in the world", eh?

Your actions and related words say it for you.

You keep saying I tell people what they think.  That's not true.  YOU tell us what you think with every word you write.

I'm just spitting them, and their impressions, back to you.

Nice touch quoting the bible. Really??? Are you Jim Comey?  hihi

Its a particularly apt quote given Trump Supporters (and the conservative media's) continued, ongoing, hypocrisy.

Having that continually pointed out to you must suck.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2020, 11:11:31 AM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #72 on: May 14, 2020, 09:59:19 AM »

You can be sure they are not going to leave him alone when he gets out of office.  I actually have no problem with investigations as long as they arent politically motivated.  

Lulz....after literally insinuating you want a politically motivated investigation of Biden.

Jeebus, you can't make this stuff up.

"Since Trump was investigated a bunch, we should investigate Biden" is LITERALLY espousing a politically motivated investigation.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2020, 10:36:17 AM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #73 on: May 14, 2020, 10:01:23 AM »

Of course not. The same guy who went on and on about Hillary and now about Obama.

/jarmo

I mean...how can any reasonable person look at this and NOT think Trump pushing for these investigations is politically motivated.  Huh drool

Together again,
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #74 on: May 14, 2020, 10:24:45 AM »

To be clear:

I'm no fan of Joe Biden.

You want to investigate the rape/sexual assault allegations? Go for it.

You want to further investigate his involvement in Fast and the Furious? Fair game.

You want to look, and hold him accountable, for his past civil rights positions?  Absolutely.

There are plenty of ACTUAL things to investigate and potentially hold him accountable for.

Armchair diagnosis of his mental status? No way.

His interactions, as documented, with the Flynn case? There's just nothing compelling at this point to do that.  Given the evidence at hand, there's nothing to base it on.  Every shred of documentation, and every word he has uttered on the topic, have provided the context we need:

He knew there was an investigation.

He knew nothing about the particulars.

He made an unrelated unmasking request on an intelligence report concerning a completely separate individual, concerning an unrelated matter to this investigation, to gain more context into THAT piece of intelligence.  The NSA reviewed the request, independently, and found it wholly appropriate...including the reasoning behind it.

All of this happened about 8 to 10 days before he left office.

That's it.

Using the "where there's smoke there is usually fire" addage...there's not even combustible material here, at this point.  Certainly not based on a cut up video on GOP War Room which omits his clarifying statement and subsequent explanation (which was coherent, cognizant, and certainly evidence there was no "mental slip").
« Last Edit: May 14, 2020, 10:56:40 AM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #75 on: May 14, 2020, 11:33:10 AM »

I mean...how can any reasonable person look at this and NOT think Trump pushing for these investigations is politically motivated.  Huh drool

The whole Ukraine thing, and now "Obamagate". It's obvious.

And for people who claim to be there to drain the swamp, he sure surrounds himself with a lot of questionable characters. Not even talking about the fact that his family is part of the decision making.

How many have been convicted of crimes? I guess that's a great tactic, hire the criminals so they get caught and thus draining the swamp.  hihi

/jarmo

Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #76 on: May 14, 2020, 03:49:21 PM »

Go ahead and take the rest of page 4,  Pilferk.  Ill check back later  hihi

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #77 on: May 15, 2020, 12:48:48 AM »

Even the Trump administration has had its fair share of unmasking. It is a fairly common practice.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #78 on: May 15, 2020, 07:11:18 AM »

Even the Trump administration has had its fair share of unmasking. It is a fairly common practice.

I mean, that's just it. If you are taking issue with  this unmasking, you likely don't understand what that process is related to, what it entails (to get the unmasking), and why it's done.

It's not to "go after" people.  It's to give context to the intelligence (collected from/on a foreign national, typically) you're looking at.  And, in this case, current information says this piece of info had nothing to do with the Flynn prosecution or anything to do with Trump/Russia.

But, you know...you gotta rouse the rabble!!

Together again,
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #79 on: May 15, 2020, 11:50:27 AM »

“You know what the crime is. The crime is very obvious to everybody. All you have to do is read the newspapers, except yours.”

I think I got it, it's the tan suit!

/jarmo

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 118 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: