Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:45:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  The Biden administration (was: The NEW 2020 Election Thread)
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 118 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Biden administration (was: The NEW 2020 Election Thread)  (Read 211178 times)
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #80 on: May 15, 2020, 10:34:30 PM »

“You know what the crime is. The crime is very obvious to everybody. All you have to do is read the newspapers, except yours.”

I think I got it, it's the tan suit!

/jarmo

Gotta love Trump's daily wordsalading.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #81 on: May 16, 2020, 06:59:40 AM »

“You know what the crime is. The crime is very obvious to everybody. All you have to do is read the newspapers, except yours.”

I think I got it, it's the tan suit!

/jarmo

Gotta love Trump's daily wordsalading.

The pandemic binder comparison was a downright LOL moment.  It felt like a dick measuring competition.  Who's plan is bigger: Obama or Trumps!!??

So. Freaking. Stupid.

And then when asked about content...crickets.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #82 on: May 16, 2020, 07:28:25 AM »

So, apparently last night Trump (and his administration) fired another IG.  This one was, reportedly, investigating Pompeo.

Have to see how/if this blows up into anything....

Together again,
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #83 on: May 16, 2020, 05:17:29 PM »

The house is already beginning an investigation.
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #84 on: May 21, 2020, 04:27:51 PM »

The house is already beginning an investigation.

Of course they are   Grin

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
jordans
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #85 on: May 26, 2020, 03:02:33 AM »

Man, reading how civil the comments in the other thread were in the early pages (from like August 2015) to the ones at the end (February 2020) is a real trip.  It's sad how divisive this has gotten (and no, Trump is not to blame to either side behaving that way).
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #86 on: May 27, 2020, 11:51:33 PM »

Trumps numbers are sinking faster then the titanic, even the ultra conservative Rasmussen has him at 42% today. Uhoh, and now hes planning on taking action with EO against social media. Trump claims twitter fact checking him violates freedom of speech then threatens free speech by threatening to take down social media. Oh the irony, if you made this into a movie nobody would believe this shit.
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #87 on: May 28, 2020, 09:37:09 AM »

Trumps numbers are sinking faster then the titanic, even the ultra conservative Rasmussen has him at 42% today. Uhoh, and now hes planning on taking action with EO against social media. Trump claims twitter fact checking him violates freedom of speech then threatens free speech by threatening to take down social media. Oh the irony, if you made this into a movie nobody would believe this shit.

Twitter is a privately owned social media site that Trump voluntarily uses.  I'm no Constitutional expert but I don't think the right to free speech even applies to such a platform.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #88 on: May 28, 2020, 10:50:52 AM »

Twitter is a privately owned social media site that Trump voluntarily uses.  I'm no Constitutional expert but I don't think the right to free speech even applies to such a platform.

Traditionally, it has not.  BUT, he's making a bid, since there are protections these social media outlets are offered (so they don't have to take responsibility for the content housed on them), to say you can either use these protections and it's the wild wild west (no modding, no fact checking, no deleting content no matter how awful or untrue it is)...or you can be a publisher, get involved with "moderating" content, and then have to take responsibility for everything that's posted everywhere.

I suspect that position is untenable with the courts. But he's going to try via EO.

He's essentially complaining about free speech....and taking action to stifle free speech.  Because he got fact checked and didn't like it.

Together again,
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #89 on: May 28, 2020, 06:39:51 PM »

First Obamagate (which everybody knows what it's about since it's so obvious) and now Twittergate.

What pandemic?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #90 on: May 28, 2020, 06:53:10 PM »

Twitter is a privately owned social media site that Trump voluntarily uses.  I'm no Constitutional expert but I don't think the right to free speech even applies to such a platform.
I believe you are probably right, being it's multinational.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #91 on: May 28, 2020, 06:57:47 PM »

Twitter is a privately owned social media site that Trump voluntarily uses.  I'm no Constitutional expert but I don't think the right to free speech even applies to such a platform.

Traditionally, it has not.  BUT, he's making a bid, since there are protections these social media outlets are offered (so they don't have to take responsibility for the content housed on them), to say you can either use these protections and it's the wild wild west (no modding, no fact checking, no deleting content no matter how awful or untrue it is)...or you can be a publisher, get involved with "moderating" content, and then have to take responsibility for everything that's posted everywhere.

I suspect that position is untenable with the courts. But he's going to try via EO.

He's essentially complaining about free speech....and taking action to stifle free speech.  Because he got fact checked and didn't like it.
Exactly, screens about his free speech being violated while simultaneously trying to undermine it. News flash for him though, it wasn't violated, the past is still there. He just got fact checked.
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #92 on: May 29, 2020, 02:58:33 PM »

Twitter also flagged his recent post about the protests in Minneapolis as glorifying violence. I can see this turning into a big pissing contest between Trump and Twitter and make him look even more foolish. Unfortunately, his followers won't care and it probably just helps fuel his rhetoric that the media is out to get him.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #93 on: May 29, 2020, 05:32:16 PM »

If you post something that needs to be fact checked, maybe your post isn't true and you should check the facts yourself...

All these alternative facts...  hihi

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #94 on: May 30, 2020, 12:17:35 PM »

If Twitter is going to fact check Trump, they need to apply the same standard to all world leaders. Otherwise it becomes bias.

Take a look at the Supreme Leader of Iran's twitter account sometime.....

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #95 on: May 30, 2020, 01:35:13 PM »

If Twitter is going to fact check Trump, they need to apply the same standard to all world leaders. Otherwise it becomes bias.

https://www.theverge.com/2020/3/30/21199845/twitter-tweets-brazil-venezuela-presidents-covid-19-coronavirus-jair-bolsonaro-maduro

/jarmo

Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #96 on: June 02, 2020, 09:50:55 AM »

https://www.theverge.com/2020/3/30/21199845/twitter-tweets-brazil-venezuela-presidents-covid-19-coronavirus-jair-bolsonaro-maduro

/jarmo

That's a good start at least.

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #97 on: June 03, 2020, 09:15:03 AM »

If anyone needs protestors for their advocacy group, political function or child's birthday party or Bar Mitzvah:   https://www.demandprotest.com/?fbclid=IwAR2xBM4ww1OZ6cAT-EAKRDbXQCOdQDw8n2FVRSO2kOYpfFmgHl8A8xljv0c

I dont know if this is legitimate, but it is pretty disturbing if it is.

« Last Edit: June 03, 2020, 10:34:15 AM by Senator Blutarsky » Logged

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #98 on: June 03, 2020, 06:54:40 PM »

If anyone needs protestors for their advocacy group, political function or child's birthday party or Bar Mitzvah:   https://www.demandprotest.com/?fbclid=IwAR2xBM4ww1OZ6cAT-EAKRDbXQCOdQDw8n2FVRSO2kOYpfFmgHl8A8xljv0c

I dont know if this is legitimate, but it is pretty disturbing if it is.

Just as fake as it was back in 2016/2017.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/jan/17/ads-two-dozen-cities-offer-protesters-2500-agitate/

Note: I'm using a conservative news source for you.  There's PLENTY of other reporting out there on the topic, by other news outlets (and snopes).

Run by right wingers seeking to discredit actual protests by the looks of things.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2020, 06:56:32 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #99 on: June 10, 2020, 03:20:47 AM »

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2020/06/09/trump-suggests-buffalo-protester-gugino-provocateur-set-up/5325402002/

How repugnant, what is wrong with this man? Fell harder then he was pushed? What does that even mean?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 118 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: