Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 05:32:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227700 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 305 306 [307] 308 309 ... 492 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1549233 times)
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #6120 on: February 20, 2017, 05:46:32 PM »

Exactly, I mean it's no secret that singles are what sell the albums, and any discoveries made in between are labeled "fan favorites". It's what Kiss did on Psycho Circus.  Ace was only featured on a handful of the songs, but it was the *reunion* that sold the album and subsequent tour.  So it's not exactly unheard of in the industry to do something along those lines.

Hahaha.  I got sucked into that one.  The only KISS album I own.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #6121 on: February 20, 2017, 05:49:21 PM »

There has to be factored in that Myles is in truth grateful to be working with Slash so the Tophat Guy has been calling the shots. Whereas Axl is the perfectionist and has probably told Slash over the years during the 80's and 90's era that "It needs work...."

Don't forget SCOM opening was just a throw-away warm up thing that Axl spotted its potential to the point that its always in the top 3 Riffs surveys that show up now and again.

All true.

But Axl also needs someone teling him, "dude, it's been like...8 years now."

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
slashsbaconpit
Rocker

If it opens your eyes ...

« Reply #6122 on: February 20, 2017, 10:10:43 PM »

I've been scratching my head for a bit, trying to think of another band that's had any kind of parallel history to GNR.  Utterly pointless, but what the heck.  If I wanted to do something productive with my evening, I'd not be doing it on a rock band message board!

The only I can really think of is Celtic Frost.  A relatively slim back catalogue from their heyday in the mid 80s and early 90s (very influential, very good albums, just not many of them.  Plus one utter stinker of an album everyone now politely ignores).  A pretty constant state of upheaval in the lineups, with some constant members, splitting, getting back together, hating each other intensely and publicly.   Then... nothing.  Years of rumours, compilations... finally in 2006 two of the original members plus some studio guys get back together, put out the mighty Monothiest album, tour to great acclaim, then fall apart again two years later in ugly public fall-outs.

It's missing a Chinese Democracy equivalent, but would you take it?  A final, acclaimed, mighty album to bow out on, followed by a trademark divorce?

So would you rather have one final album and then disband or... continue to play the hits forever and ever ?

If I was given the choice.

I would pick a new album over a touring band that plays older songs ever show.

This.
I mean a concert is great, but albums are your legacy.

Don't ask what your country can do for you, ask what your country can do for GNR!
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #6123 on: February 21, 2017, 08:24:11 AM »

There has to be factored in that Myles is in truth grateful to be working with Slash so the Tophat Guy has been calling the shots. Whereas Axl is the perfectionist and has probably told Slash over the years during the 80's and 90's era that "It needs work...."

Don't forget SCOM opening was just a throw-away warm up thing that Axl spotted its potential to the point that its always in the top 3 Riffs surveys that show up now and again.

All true.

How cool would it be for a interview with Axl and Slash to pop up.  Where they talk about starting from scratch and recording all new material on the road.  They have wrote 12 songs and after this last leg of the tour wraps up they are going to the studio to record everything.  We should expect a new album by the summer.

I think that would be very cool

Odds on it ever happening?

Odds on a interview with Slash and Axl?
Eduardo
VIP

Its just that demon life has got him in its sway

« Reply #6124 on: February 21, 2017, 09:20:18 AM »

All true.

How cool would it be for a interview with Axl and Slash to pop up.  Where they talk about starting from scratch and recording all new material on the road.  They have wrote 12 songs and after this last leg of the tour wraps up they are going to the studio to record everything.  We should expect a new album by the summer.

I think that would be very cool

Odds on it ever happening?

Odds on a interview with Slash and Axl?

Odds are near zero, for both quesitons, unfortunately
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #6125 on: February 22, 2017, 09:03:50 AM »

I can't recall any massive slash solos on anything at all since GNR. I always thought it was that slash had moved on in style and considered the epic solos a bit of a thing of the past.

There's a couple VERY good ones (Slither and Fall to Pieces immediately come to mind) from VR.

I would say he's had about as many memorable solos in his (more prolific) post Guns recordings as Axl has in his (so, essentially, CD).

They are both eminently capable. I think you need look no further than this tour, and the fact they are BOTH bringing it, night after night.  And Slash's reworking of some of the CD solos has been stellar...and you can look at Axl's work with AC/DC to see that he can still do some serious vocal damage on material he has to be a bit creative with.

I really do think we get an album in 2018. I hope so, at least. Because I think these guys could make something truly, historically, stellar. If they were of a mind.

« Last Edit: February 22, 2017, 09:07:22 AM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Eduardo
VIP

Its just that demon life has got him in its sway

« Reply #6126 on: February 22, 2017, 10:42:27 AM »

I can't recall any massive slash solos on anything at all since GNR. I always thought it was that slash had moved on in style and considered the epic solos a bit of a thing of the past.

There's a couple VERY good ones (Slither and Fall to Pieces immediately come to mind) from VR.

I would say he's had about as many memorable solos in his (more prolific) post Guns recordings as Axl has in his (so, essentially, CD).

Slash's solo on You Got No Right by VR, to me, ranks up as one of the best he ever made.

He's made some other great ones on his solo career as well. I Hold On, Anastasia, Too Far Gone, Wicked Stone, Nothing To Say, Watch This, By The Sword to name a few.

Off course, I think working on Axl's songs could take his lead efforts to the next level, especially on the epic ballads.

« Last Edit: February 22, 2017, 10:45:06 AM by Eduardo » Logged
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #6127 on: February 22, 2017, 12:37:48 PM »

Long break in the tour coming up.  Wonder if anything is planned/scheduled for Slash & Duff in the studio before they head out again. Here's hoping!
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #6128 on: February 22, 2017, 03:31:02 PM »

Long break in the tour coming up.  Wonder if anything is planned/scheduled for Slash & Duff in the studio before they head out again. Here's hoping!

I wonder if the boys do some of there solo original music during this period if this media silence will still be in effect.
Slashrose
Rocker

Twitter - @sonicmonstersk8

« Reply #6129 on: February 22, 2017, 03:34:42 PM »

Slash said in his biography that in 2002, Velvet revolver (Slash, Duff, Matt and with Izzy on guitars and without Scott) had recorded the best instrumental album of Guns N 'Roses
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #6130 on: February 22, 2017, 04:17:51 PM »

Slash said in his biography that in 2002, Velvet revolver (Slash, Duff, Matt and with Izzy on guitars and without Scott) had recorded the best instrumental album of Guns N 'Roses

Nice

Another vault album
Slashrose
Rocker

Twitter - @sonicmonstersk8

« Reply #6131 on: February 23, 2017, 07:33:20 AM »

Yes, I want to understand the real reason they did not throw anything.

And now we have rumors that Axl will record in the next ACDC album
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #6132 on: February 23, 2017, 09:15:01 AM »

That's the big rumor I am hearing as well

If it is true

Good for Axl

A shame for guns n roses fans wanting original music

Crap

If Axl has this GNR fixation right now, how about GNR write a GNR original album inspired by classic AC/DC.  I am sure Slash and Duff would be all for it
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #6133 on: February 23, 2017, 11:01:14 AM »

A guest solo from Angus on a future GNR album would be cool  ok

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #6134 on: February 23, 2017, 12:32:54 PM »

That's the big rumor I am hearing as well

If it is true

Good for Axl

A shame for guns n roses fans wanting original music

Crap

If Axl has this GNR fixation right now, how about GNR write a GNR original album inspired by classic AC/DC.  I am sure Slash and Duff would be all for it

Where is the rumour coming from?

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #6135 on: February 23, 2017, 01:53:50 PM »

From an Australian website which didn't quote any source whatsoever. I wouldnt hold my breath on it.

TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #6136 on: February 23, 2017, 02:37:31 PM »

From an Australian website which didn't quote any source whatsoever. I wouldnt hold my breath on it.

That's not where I heard it from

I got it from a friend of mine, who actually likes talking about this crap.  She didn't mention any news paper.  But did mention someone close to the Angus camp.   

All rumors however

Just like Axl showing up in Atlanta last year
Six Strings
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #6137 on: February 23, 2017, 03:33:18 PM »

Posted in other thread. Rumors only but it's all around. There you go...

http://www.noise11.com/news/new-acdc-album-not-expected-until-2018-20170223

"...It don't really matter..."
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #6138 on: February 23, 2017, 04:54:07 PM »

Honestly, if we don't see a GNR album by 2018, I think it's safe to say we're unlikely to hear any new GNR music again, or at least in Axl's lifetime.  If Axl and co. can't strike while the proverbial iron's hot this time with new music, why in heaven's name would he be bothered to do so when the GNR reunion is yesterday's news?  Just don't see it happening unfortunately. Hopefully we hear something soon.

I just find it utterly bizarre that despite it making complete sense to make that the next logical step after (or during) this year's touring and after all the success they've seen, we're likely to hear an Axl/DC album first. Crazy.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2017, 04:56:54 PM by sofine11 » Logged
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #6139 on: February 23, 2017, 05:50:31 PM »

Honestly, if we don't see a GNR album by 2018, I think it's safe to say we're unlikely to hear any new GNR music again, or at least in Axl's lifetime.  If Axl and co. can't strike while the proverbial iron's hot this time with new music, why in heaven's name would he be bothered to do so when the GNR reunion is yesterday's news?  Just don't see it happening unfortunately. Hopefully we hear something soon.

I just find it utterly bizarre that despite it making complete sense to make that the next logical step after (or during) this year's touring and after all the success they've seen, we're likely to hear an Axl/DC album first. Crazy.

I would not be shocked by this one bit.

Perhaps Axl does not want to release any more gnr music.

Perhaps Axl likes being an employee and not the boss

Perhaps Axl does not like working full time with Slash and Duff other than tour requirments

Perhaps there are no interviews because there is a ban on all interivews

Perhaps Slash and Duff are ok with this this and part of the reason is they are making a crap ton of loot
Pages: 1 ... 305 306 [307] 308 309 ... 492 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: