Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 03:52:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227669 Posts in 43239 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl on Sebastian Bach's "Angel Down" album - discussions about the songs
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 82 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl on Sebastian Bach's "Angel Down" album - discussions about the songs  (Read 228388 times)
Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #1400 on: November 24, 2007, 08:29:24 PM »

The "Back In The Saddle" cover is pretty cool.  Can't say I really dig the other two tracks Axl is on.  Seems his presence is in the shadows a little too much on those.  And I've never been too much of a Baz fan, especially these days as he seems to be riding Axl coat-tails more than anything.  But, one thing I have to credit him with is hooking Axl up with his vocal therapist.  Seems like right after I read about that Axl's voice was a quantum leap over the 2001-2002 era.

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1401 on: November 24, 2007, 09:34:05 PM »

From http://www.sebastianbach.com/updates.html

CD Is released in Canada November 27 ! UK the week after that ! ok

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #1402 on: November 24, 2007, 10:45:35 PM »

no, you are a theif, plain and simple,

why would i pay for shit music?

i downloaded it a week or so before it was released (just like the rest of you).  and if I thought it was a solid album, I would have bought it.  I'm not a cheap mother fucker and I can afford to buy CDs when I feel the urge.   But for 2 songs?  No fucking way.
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #1403 on: November 24, 2007, 11:11:48 PM »

And you work for which record company?

i downloaded it a week or so before it was released (just like the rest of you).  and if I thought it was a solid album, I would have bought it.  I'm not a cheap mother fucker and I can afford to buy CDs when I feel the urge.   But for 2 songs?  No fucking way.

pwned.

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #1404 on: November 25, 2007, 03:37:32 AM »

Got the album yesterday and I really like it. Nice mix of heavy heavy rock with some softer moments.
Baz is definitely sounding as good on here as he did back in the Skid Row days.

My only complaints are that Our Love Is A Lie is almost Love Is A Bitchslap slowed down, the riffing sounds really similar.
And the other complaint is that the solos are pretty crap! I'm surprised that for all the great riffing, the solos are terrible. They could've taken the songs that much further, but they don't add much at all. It's either mindless noodling or simple two-note, no-emotion soloing (on the ballads).

My favourite tracks are Angel Down, You Don't Understand, Back in the Saddle, Stuck Inside, American Metalhead, By Your Side, Negative Light and Falling Into You.

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #1405 on: November 25, 2007, 05:37:54 PM »

you must have a lot of fucking time on your hands to go digging that deep for posts.   yea i downloaded the VR album to check it out, then i DELETED it.   I wouldn't keep anything I didn't intend to pay for.   

And you work for which record company?
I work for myself and in an industry where people steal my stuff in a way thats very similar to the music industry.    it sickens me to see all these free loading mother fuckers and this is the reason the music industry is on the decline.
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #1406 on: November 25, 2007, 06:04:33 PM »

you must have a lot of fucking time on your hands to go digging that deep for posts.   yea i downloaded the VR album to check it out, then i DELETED it.   I wouldn't keep anything I didn't intend to pay for.   

Youd like to think so, but no.  I went to the search page, typed in your name and the word "bought," and narrowed the results to the VR section.  Try it yourself, see how much time it takes. 

Why dont you be honest?   Redsquare didnt say anything about keeping albums he didnt like - a distinction thats only significant now that youve been caught doing the same thing - and you called him a thief.   Youre displeased because youve been proved a hypocrite.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1407 on: November 25, 2007, 06:10:25 PM »

Booker downloads albums himself. Illegally before their official release. He doesn't oppose it, but he also doesn't specify what he does after he's done listening to them.

So, unless you (Booker) bought the album/songs or just keep listening to them on the radio, just go back to the VR section.

There's plenty of exciting things going on in the VR world, surely you must have some comment on all that?

/jarmo
« Last Edit: November 25, 2007, 07:00:04 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
ibelieveinaxl
It's a bad obsession...
Banned
VIP

Ain't goin' down.....

« Reply #1408 on: November 25, 2007, 06:26:50 PM »

Booker downloads albums himself. Illegally before their official release. He doesn't opposite it, but he also doesn't specify what he does after he's done listening to them.

do you mean "oppose?"

Where does it come from? All this hatred.

1988-Today: 71 shows and counting....
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #1409 on: November 26, 2007, 01:39:06 AM »

I thought you only put on the cape and transformed into Quote Man when you needed to defend the honor of VR
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #1410 on: November 26, 2007, 08:49:07 AM »

most of "Angel Down" is killer.....some of my favorite songs on the record are the ones Axl doesnt even sing on...thats not an insult to Axl  it is a compliment to Bach...i love the 3 Axl songs, but the rest of the record is just as good if not better....as far as  illegally downloading it goes...whats the point?? go to best buy and throw down the 10 bucks...or go to itunes and spend a few dollars on the songs you want(you can preveiw the album there).....but the last thing you should ever do is listen to anything that booker says...because he is the downloading king....

Dead N' Bloated
Legend

Too many times to make it home.

« Reply #1411 on: November 26, 2007, 05:03:12 PM »

I can't get enough of You don't Understand. That song is fucking killer. The more I listen to the album the more i love it. Even though Axl only has small parts in bitchslap and stuck inside, the way he sings his bits in those songs kick arse.

peace

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #1412 on: November 26, 2007, 08:06:35 PM »

I can't get enough of You don't Understand. That song is fucking killer. The more I listen to the album the more i love it. Even though Axl only has small parts in bitchslap and stuck inside, the way he sings his bits in those songs kick arse.

peace
I agree.  I'm really digging that song too.  I love the tracks with Axl obviously but I was presently surprised by the rest of the CD.  Good stuff.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
JuicySwoos
VIP

Thatwhy

« Reply #1413 on: November 26, 2007, 08:23:39 PM »

So does anyone know where the album might debut on the billboard chart tommorrow?

2002- Minneapolis, MN
2006- Ames, IA
2006- Minneapolis, MN
2011- Minneapolis, MN
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Chicago, IL
2017- Minnea
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #1414 on: November 26, 2007, 08:27:06 PM »

So does anyone know where the album might debut on the billboard chart tommorrow?
I don't expect it to do too well, since it seems like there has been limited availibility in many stores.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Verasa
Be original.Be yourself
VIP

« Reply #1415 on: November 26, 2007, 08:27:17 PM »

I was getting ready to ask the same question. I looked and all I found was, it's at #39 @ amazon for mp3 sales

5/14/06 Hammerstein Ballroom, NYC
11/12/11 Kansas City, MO
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #1416 on: November 26, 2007, 08:35:03 PM »

I work for myself and in an industry where people steal my stuff in a way thats very similar to the music industry.? ? it sickens me to see all these free loading mother fuckers and this is the reason the music industry is on the decline.
Music consumption is at an all time high, the companies are in the painfull part of a reformation of music-distribution.
The industry is far from declining peace
I agree the solo's were poor, the songs were strong but it lacks a tiny bit of more work. Still very good beer

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
JennaSide
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1417 on: November 26, 2007, 09:23:39 PM »

Quite possibly my favorite album of the last decade. And I didn't know they did Back in the Saddle!!! That has always been one of the sexiest songs of all time in my opinion and to hear Axl & Baz sing it? Holy shit. That floored me. I don't care what anyone says, I fucking LOVE this album.  smoking

I'm the luckiest girl alive.
ibelieveinaxl
It's a bad obsession...
Banned
VIP

Ain't goin' down.....

« Reply #1418 on: November 26, 2007, 09:28:13 PM »

i'll take a guess at 10k or so...

Where does it come from? All this hatred.

1988-Today: 71 shows and counting....
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #1419 on: November 27, 2007, 12:31:35 AM »

Heavier than I expected based on the 3 songs with Axl.  But good though.  I only listened once and wasn't paying that close of attention but it was a fun album, aggressive but not nonstop barrage and screaming of so much of today's metal so that was cool
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 82 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: